Let's roll us up a 40k Planet

There's been a lot of 40k creation threads going around here, which I approve of, but they're all piecemeal chapters, regiments, warbands and cults.

Let's take this a step further, and roll us up details about an entire planet. After that, we'll roll up a group. It could be the Homeworld of a Chapter or Regiment, or the Forge World our latest cult is working to corrupt. Might even be the next planet of conquest for our very own Ork Klan. Who knows what could happen?

Tables are here: pastebin.com/aQBEJJM2

If this turns out decent enough, I'll create a wiki page for the Planetary Classification Tables.

Anyway, to get us started, I need a 1d8 for environment.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 8 (1d8)

Looks like fun, rolling

Rolled 1 (1d8)

Since OP appears dead, I will take over this thread

we got:
>Malicious – Climate and ecology corrupted by presence of the warp, or has developed a malicious mind of its own.

Next roll:
>Development (1d8)

> Malicious – Climate and ecology corrupted by presence of the warp, or has developed a malicious mind of its own.

Well, Shit, Looks like we've got our work cut out for us.

In another time, another place, we might have had Paradise.

Alright, so our planet is an absolute hellscape... Roll 1d8 to see exactly how many people we've fucked over with this Emperor-forsaken rock.

Nah, I got it. Thanks though.

Rolled 2 (1d18)

rollin

Relic – System contains a relic of the dark age that is irresplaceable to the imperium. Unique weapons manufactorums, planetary facilities, teleportariums, etc. This technology is likely already used by the inhabitants, and is well known.

Ah, shit, so the only reason people stick around is because the Imperium has deemed whatever tech exists there as completely necessary to the imperium

Roll 1d8 for the planet's integrity.

Rolled 4 (1d8)

What. The. Fuck.
>Inquisitional Vindication – Population has unique traits that have attracted the attention of the Inquisition, who have subsequently cleared the planet of charges of heresy.

So, it's rife with Warp Fuckery, necessary to the imperium... and the people are innocent?

Alright, roll a 1d10 for planetary significance.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Sounds like the Inquisition decided that whatever that relic is, it's too vital to condemn the planet as heretics.

Alright, to summarize:

we got:
>Malicious – Climate and ecology corrupted by presence of the warp, or has developed a malicious mind of its own.

>Relic – System contains a relic of the dark age that is irresplaceable to the imperium. Unique weapons manufactorums, planetary facilities, teleportariums, etc. This technology is likely already used by the inhabitants, and is well known.

> Inquisitional Vindication – Population has unique traits that have attracted the attention of the Inquisition, who have subsequently cleared the planet of charges of heresy.

And on top of all of that:

> Sibling Rivalry – Multiple colonies or factions present in system. A great deal of tension has evolved between them.

So... how do we interpret this really quick before rolling a group?

How about a planet that has been stuck inside a warpstorm, with only a DAoT planet wide gellar field keeping them safe? And over time various factions fought over this aincent relic.

Just brainstorming here really

Makes sense.

>Sibling Rivalry
First thing that comes to mind is the people of the planet having some major contentions with the Adeptus Mechanus that are present there.

Alright, so where do we want to take this? Guardsmen Regiment charged with holding back the warp daemons? Space Marines that might actually stand a chance? Cult that the imperium gave a pass to?

Why not roll several groups and that's where the rivalry comes in?

Imperial guard ftw!

You know what? Fuck yeah. Multiple groups it is. Starting with Guardsmen, who are probably conscripted from the planet itself, and are probably classified as PDF. So... roll me d100 for Recruitment criteria.

Rolled 90 (1d100)

>Convicts: Serving their sentence on the front lines, the slime.

Yeah, that seems about right. Whatever threatens the people on this hellscape, it's probably not something you're leaping at the prospect of facing, so recruitment is likely treated as effective legal punishment.

Which means we've got Nature of Recruitment covered.

We've already rolled for Homeworld... But give me a d100 roll for predominant terrain.

Rolled 46 (1d100)

>Desert: At home in sun, sand and wind.
Burning Warp Relic planet it is... this is getting quite interesting.

d100 for Core units.

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Standard Infantry regiment. I was hoping for Mechanized infantry, but fair enough.

We don't need tanks to go toe to toe with warp fuckery!

Alright, can I get a d10 for Tactical Specialization?

Rolled 4 (1d10)

>Lightning Strike

Can you say Blitzkrieg?

How Loyal are our convicts?(d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

>Fanatical: No remorse, no retreat, no fear.

Pretty damn loyal then... apparently getting convicted of a crime and being forced to go off and kill the warp scum doesn't do much to put a damper on your faith in the Emprah. Makes you wonder what they're facing that Lighting Strike tactics are their main method of attack, it almost seems too optimistic.

d100 for the Regiment Creed.

Rolled 42 (1d100)

Loyal soldiers of the Emperor, charging into battle with no hesitation, desperate to redeem themselves in his eyes. A truly beautiful sight to behold!

To be honest, anyone with any hesitation in their fate would probably be gone or dead long ago.

>For the Emperor: Fervent belief in the Imperial cult and the righteous mission of the Imperium fuels this regiment.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

d100 for regiment friendlies.(16-30 and our next roll is for the local Marines Chapter)

Wait! no, Sorry, next d100 roll is for our special weaponry. We skipped that.

Rolled 31 (1d100)

>Exotic Mounts

Well then... apparently we ride our War-Trained camels into war.

Ok, Now d100 for friendlies.

Rolled 81 (1d100)

After this, let's roll a Chaos Warband for them to fight.

>Imperial Navy

Well, that explains a lot. We've got a large gothic cathedral full of friendlies on our side. Actually... let's roll one last d100 to see who our enemies are. If we get something nonsensical, we'll default to a Warband.

Rolled 75 (1d100)

>Daemon Prince/Daemon/other specific disciple of Chaos

And the Dice gods smile upon us! We've got ourselves a solid BBEG on our hands. Stand by for the Daemon Prince's Warband Creation.

To summarize, our Warp-tainted Desert World has Ancient Relics considered essential to the Imperium, so much so that the Inquisition is willing to turn a blind eye to some supposed heresy.

The local PDF is made up of convicts who are fanatically loyal to the Emperor and his cause, and use their exotic mounts(Camels?) to pull off Blitzkrieg tactics against the forces of Chaos and Warp Fuckery. They've got allies in the Imperial Navy, and an enemy in a genuine Champion of Chaos.

Pretty fucking awesome. Any suggestions on changes that might need to be made to the Planet Tables before we move on?

>Pretty fucking awesome. Any suggestions on changes that might need to be made to the Planet Tables before we move on?

Maybe add an option for how far away/ how close it is, in relation to charted warp routes?

Alright, 1d2.

1: We roll up a Chaos Warband.

2: We roll up a Chaos Marines Warband.

In either case our Champion of Legend will be a Daemon/Daemon Prince of some sort.

Rolled 2 (1d2)

Rolling

Well, we're certainly not doing our Guards any favors.

They can handle it, they are faithfull servants of the Emperor after all

Alright, I've got to log off now, so someone else is going to have to take over for the Marines:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

Here's hoping for Legion.

I can take over for now

>Legion Warband or Renegade Chapter? (d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

>Legion Warband (a warband of one of the nine original Chaos Space Marine Legions)

OP got his wish, good jub user

>Original Traitor Legion (d100)

dice+1d100

Why do I fail

put it in the options field user

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Black Legion

>Devotion to the Ruinous Powers (d10)

Thanks user

Rolled 17 (1d100)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Fanatic. The marines of the warband are highly devoted to their God(s), willingly submitting themselves to the Ruinous Powers and viewing possession as favourable.

>Chaos Worship (d12)

Rolled 6 (1d12)

Praise Nurgle!

Nurgle in the Desert. Interesting.

Forgot to add this

>What form do the Chapters' beliefs take? (d100)

Rolled 14 (1d100)

The Gods Above All - The warband reveres their God(s) above all else

So true Nurgle fanatics

>Warband Demeanor (d10)

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Chaos band of brothers

Honour Amongst Thieves. Despite being evil and cruel individuals, these Marines have a strong sense of brotherhood. Many would never even consider betraying their fellow warriors an option, and would even sacrifice themselves to save a friend's life.

Fitting for Nurgle followers as they might be very close to each other

>Common Mutations/Deficiencies (d10)

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Ok, so what if we played up the "Nurgle is the god of life" aspect to this band. It's a desert world with a lot of tech, but very little life. What if their goal is to Nurga-form the planet.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Hunger for Flesh

"We need to make our own garden, he has commanded us! We need a garded for our...lifestock"

Common Mental Flaws (d10)

Pic related being the guardsmen when hearing that over their vox

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Surrounded by Traitors - Marines are paranoid that those who surround them are schemers and liars who may backstab them at any moment.

Ok, shall we re-roll that? If not then this is our next roll:
>Figure of Legend (d100)

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Forgot the Figure of legend, I just remembered that is a daemon prince, so just roll a d100 for his deeds instead

Rolled 20 (1d100)

The figure is remembered as a scourge of the Imperium, having ravaged many planets and slaughtering servants of the Emperor aplenty.

Where do they come from?
>Warband Homeworld (d100)

You know, I keep thinking that maybe we'll get bored of these creation threads... and then each one turns out to be interesting and add new content. I mean the planet tables alone add an entirely new dynamic to how creation is done.

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Dead World

Maybe that's why they want to claim this planet. They long for a new home

What Terrain did the planet have before it became a dead world?
>Homeworld terrain (d100)

It could mean that they have a hard time with anyone not part of their warband

Rolled 29 (1d100)

No, the dice gods have willed it! These Nurgliye Marines are fanatically devoted to their battle brothers and the true followers of the Plague Lord, but they are paranoid of outsiders.

"They despise Nurgle and wish to destroy all of his holy gifts! They'd kill us in an instant if they could! We can't trust them, they don't understand! Are they on the ship? No, but, our contacts have been behaving strangely, have they turned to Tzeentch!?! Earlier dinner tasted strange, is someone trying to poison us with medicine? Oh, Nurgle protect us!"

theyre home world was a desert world, so now theyre trying to take over this desert world

Using this roll even if it was not for my post here So a former desert planet was their home

>Combat doctrine (d10)

nostalgic CSM

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Bloody Rain - Marines make heavy use of drop pods, gunships, dropships and jump-infantry.

"Are they dead yet? No? Then fire another volley...Delay that order! Fire 5 more volleys instead, just to make sure"

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Special Chaos Icons.

"May their eyes rot and their souls decay as the foolish Imperials gaze upon our icons!"

>Warband Status (d10)

"MMM, ALL OF THAT CHARRED MEAT SMELL IS MAKIN' ME HUNGRY!"

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

dice+2d6

HUGE!!

>Cause of increased strength 8d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Rolling for the reason

Rumors of the Warband's power attracts lesser Warbands and other factions willing to serve them.

Ok, this might be problematic. I guess other marines have to build up their trust?

>Warband allies. Who has our back? (d100)

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Rolled 72 (1d100)