Warhammer Fantasy General Thread WFG

Warhammer Fantasy General: Santa Franz Edition

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_of_Chaos_Online_Campaign
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To start a thing off: who has the best ordinary life in the warhammer world? Most comfortable, secure, prosperous, most fun. This probably depends a lot on the individual races own view on life.

High Elf.

>sitting around on my island
>a few slaves around
>magic myself up a drink, maybe have a wank

Orcs.
The world is a crappy violent place where everyone is waging war and combat determines much of personal power.

The orcs are 100% okay with that.

skink

>spend all day sunbathing and arguing with other skinks about completely inane bullshit

Yes, feed me more completely different answers that all still might be true.

In my Dwarfs campaign I am Santa Slayer.

Wiped out all the Chaos and eastern Vampire opposition, wiping out Wood Elves and Red Duke in the west. Franz, Tilea, and Border Princes are all that remains of humanity. Border Princes aggressively absorbed Sylvania, all factions implore me for an alliance since the power bar is oure tellow against each but only the wielder of Ghal Maraz recieves my favor. Each four turns I award him a stockpile of gold. So far he has spent his time purging Chaos and Vampiric taint from his lands and stationing troops in the Moot alongside Thorgrim and his Flying Circus of Gyrobombers.

High Elves of the inner kingdoms. Life is idyllic, war is very rare.

Dwarfs come close. War more constant, but safety in the afterlife as Chaos consumed no Dwarf souls prior to End Times.

Then Marienburg.

What's the official pronunciation of names like Heinrich (Kemmler) and Drachenfels? I've always pronounced them the German way, but lately I've started thinking that they're supposed to be pronounced the English way e.g. Heinrik.

So this is what I'm working on currently. Adding her as a "Damsel" to my newly won on ebay Bretonnia army. I want my Damsel to be more trumped up and warrior "Joan of arc" like... Aaand plus didn't have the money to dish out for a Repanse...and I want her on foot anyway. She's primed now, I'll probably paint her later in the week...

The mini is from Hasslefree Miniatures..

British game, so go fill your mouth with limes and kebab then whatever comes out is correct.

Came out darker than I wanted...here's the image from a painted version... Think she's make a good Damsel?

I love Hasslefree. They do good shit.

Seen their last Kickstarter? A few would make good Brets and Empire girls.

I like it.

Last thread

Yea same here... and I sort of regret not getting this version where she's kneeling. But I'll see how the standing one comes out. Hasslefree has surprisingly good stuff.

No I haven't see the kickstarter, I don't want too many women, they honestly don't really "belong" in a Breton army

>Sigmar
>Unites a bunch of beardy tribesmen
>Needs the help of the Dwarfs to protect his realm
>Becomes a god

>Settra
>Unites all of Nehekhara
>Leads armies to conquer lands far and wide
>Builds titanic monuments to the Gods
>Ends up a bag of (mobile) bones

This is not justice.

Settra wound up outside the cycle, immune to Chaos and eternal. He is part of the Wind of Death, and even withiut a body can always return some day. If Nagash feels like it.

Sigmar will canonically die and be destroyed in AoS and be consumed by Chaos like any man. Archaon will kill him, then replace him.

Halflings, especially if they live in the moot. Drink, fuck, prank Stirlanders, take potshots at zambinos.

Sup senpai, just got these stunnin stunties for only $64, $15 shipping. That's like just the Warriors and Cannon new. Plus the better Gyrocopter model.

fuck off, Archaonfag

>before End Times, there were no absolutes
>now, no matter what, Chaos will definitely win with no hope of survival otherwise

It's kind of stupid. It's not as if I wanted a definite scenario by which the good factions would win, but now knowing there's no chance for them to takes the fun out of the fight.

Basically idiots like Kirby and Gav 'Deep' Thorpe went 'durr if we make it more like 40k dat will make it more gooder DURR.'

No, prior to End Times there was an absolute and that was that Chaos would win because everyone would go full-retard.

In AoS the only absolute is that Archaon will kill Sigmar, then pick up Ghal Maraz because Tzeentch himself and Archaon both predicted it (Archaon is a Chaos God, he has that clout now). Nothing else is a guarantee in AoS.

The shitty narrative is planting the seeds for Archaon to be redeemed, because apparently there's still good in him deep down and he has to kill Sigmar for it to come out.

Just imagine the Warhammer World is cyclical.
The End Times represents the end of one particular iteration. The Storm of Chaos happens in another. Blood Bowl occurs at some point due to chaos theory (small c).

And one version is the one where your games take place.

Its a multiverse, where specifically the version of the Warhammer World that End Times and AoS happened in was cyclical.

>buy bretonnian army
>Gee dubs kills fanatsy
>all local players immediately go to sigmar and then drop it a month later for 40k

at least I still have total war

You tried just continuing to show up and trying and rope people in? My community resurrected because of two guys playing every week.

Don't feel bad, I just bought a full Bret army off ebay for a hell of a deal, and I know full well that AoS has subplanted all of the local gaming clubs. I'm more of a hobbyist anyway.

Thank being said, Total War Brets are probably in the pipeline but don't expect them *that* soon.

I like collecting and painting just for fun anyway, I haven't played an 8th edition game in a while.. Try to find meetups (meetup.com), craigslists groups and other more "underground" means of meeting fellow 8th and even 9th edition players. I want to try 9th out myself...

local Gw banned fantasy and only allows sigmar cuz the manager had some beef with the local fantasy players. Every other game store if too far for me

they were confirmed for this coming February by CA

Like I said, the internet is a hell of a hub to bring people together...use social media resources, craigslist to find groups...there's still 8th/9th players around

>local Gw banned fantasy and only allows sigmar cuz the manager had some beef with the local fantasy players
Complain about the manager. GW may have shit business practices, but their customer service is pretty good usually.

Ask them to let Fantasy back. Push them on it being a GW product played with GW models.

The old fanatsy players tried but GW said its was up to the manager because "technically" they dont support the game anymore

Yea it's what the red shirts are told to do. It's such money grabbing BS....god I hate AoS with such a passion....long live Bretonnia.

Way to fuck himself out of paint-buyers

Damn, fuck GW.

Hey, if /pol/ can meme magic a morbidly obese retard into office, can't we somehow nuke AoS?

yep most of the fantasy players either quit the hobby or moved to 40k

>can't we somehow nuke AoS?
>implying it isnt already dead

40k just got End Times.

Brilliant marketing.

pft...don't get my hopes up...

You know I'd love to see Warhammer Fantasy come back and have AoS be a GW side game, like space hulk or blood bowl

Call corporate. Inform them that their lack of customer loyalty means you'll never buy another product of theirs again, and have advised your fellow hobbyists to do the same. Pretend that you think this is a corporate policy deliberately designed to trick customers into being forced to buy new products.

Then sit back and wait for fuckface to get fired.

This. Conceptually, AoS works as an intro game or a skirmish alternative.

But the lore is complete and utter shit.

This. This. I don't even want to call it 'lore'. It's just stories that are as close to 40k as they can make something and still have it referred to as "fantasy".

Bother to try.The guy placed himself in the Book Of Grudges himself! Hopefully they make him to backpeedle.

But they don't know it. It's shit, but you are talking about guys who created Horse Heresay novels and strock their tiny weiners to primarchs while retconing light and left.

I sincerely believe that they think AoS lore is okay and refer to that Fyreslayers borderline-magical realm bullshit as ,,innovative concept".

People who loved fantasy, even as a genere, left the studio long time ago. Even LOTR was put on some other group, because they have paid with their souls for the license.

>that Fyreslayers borderline-magical realm bullshit
The thing where there's no females?

I think that whole Ur-Gold concept kinda shows indication that someone needs consultation.

And parts that are kinda cool are eldar ripoff.

How so? Collecting dust that was once Gotrek and tattooing yourself into it? Replacing love of drink for a ludicrous lust for gold?

I'm not saying it isn't shit, but I don't know where sexual fetish is coming into it. I mean, Slayers are basically short bears anyway.

Bretonnian diplomacy in Total Warhammer is odd.

>Demand 7k gold and a military alliance
The debt you have accrued is due!
>Refuse
Bretonnia weeps at your refusal.

>Hasslefree has surprisingly good stuff.
Dude.
It's just as good, if not better than GW.
Especially since GW uses finecast now.

Personally I think they are better simply because HF doesn't use the over the top heroic scale proportions

>Price resin above metal

I can't even... It's not that resin is good for your health if you fucking eat it.

Well the only problem with Hasslefree is they don't make actual armies, they make more special characters or lords style mini's. I don't mind **some** heoric sizes, but only when it makes sense...like Archaeon, or or that Tzeentch bird thing, but GW takes it (especially recently) way fucking too far with every fucking model being some epic herculean man-god thing.

I miss the days of pic related

I'm a collector, so I love the odd stuff Hasslefree makes.

I don't even know what you are trying to say. How does eating resin anything to do with what I just said?
I was referring to GW's shitty casting quality if you are inferring I was worried about safety concerns.

>Well the only problem with Hasslefree is they don't make actual armies,
They do have an extensive range of sci-fi Dwarves, the Grymn. Including a walker vehicle and different troop types. The sci-fi Troopers are also gonna get reinforcements.
There even was a rumor about a plastic sprue but I think that's just wishful thinking.
The modern troopers are a modular system so you could do an army with them too.

Granted they don't have much for fantasy wargaming, in particular WHFB. If you play a zombie apocalypse game you can get loads of great minis from them, or alternate stuff for Infinity for example.
They usually have miniatures that go together though.
Like the scooby doo or the stargate cast.

Mostly interesting for rpgs and collectors though.
Since WHFB doesn't exist anymore I made up my mind to forget about painting armies. I never game anyway.

Hashut be praised, more slaves for your toil!

Sometimes I'm surprised to see the Bretonnian Round Table still up.

We waited over ten years for a book that was basically done but was never released, it should hardly be surprising.

General anger on using resin against pewter and still raising price.

My Henrich Kemmler is resin thanks to that.

Sorry, random outburst.

Eh, it flooded the market and made secondhand cheaper to get.

My Vlad is metal, my Konrad and Isabella are Finecast, my old Vlad/Isa/Mannf are obviously metal. Now I just need new Mannfred and I have the whole family, unfortunately new Mannf is hard to get.

>Sorry, random outburst.
No worries. I get it.
I ordered some blister packs from GW direct, because reasons, just when they made the switch.
They sent me an email asking if it'd be cool if they send me FC models instead of the metals I ordered for those that were out of stock. Same price.
I was a little worried, but said ok in spite of my concerns.

They were horrible. Every. Single. Miniature. Completely useless basically.
That was the last time I bought a resin mini from GW.

I mean I have loads of resin mini, but I have never seen quality that bad.

Resin sucked ass for the big blocky ones, like Warriors. It was okay for Alarielle.

What if instead of end times, we got something like storm of chaos but based on the actual results? the ones where chaos gets BTFO? I think i could get into this setting.

But user, the one rule of Warhammer is that only Chaos is important and there has to be pottery.

Look at AoS. Archaon is the main character now, which allowed Slaanesh to be killed. Because he's the real Sigmar.

It's called WFRP 2nd edition. Maybe not to the extent of the picture you posted but Chaos got a serious wallop that gave the Old World a breather. Sure there's maruaders and beastmen in the forests but what's new.

>chaos gods splitting up
I like this concept. Let the more powerful greater daemons and daemon princes go off to be their own minor gods and slowly gain their own personality now that they aren't slave to the big 4. The lesser daemons either follow one of the new minor gods and start changing to fit their new masters, or roam the now truly fractious chaos realms fulfilling the purposes they were originally created to do.

The chaos gods themselves each split into several lesser gods around sotek/sigmar/horned rat pre end times in strength that represent their main aspects, and not all of these gods are nessecarily evil.

I know End Times isn't popular, but I was curious: in ET, the Skaven just completely conquer Tilea and Estalia, without even a single word as to how they did it.

Would anyone else want this to be fluffed out? I would love to see stuff like the Leopard Company returning to Luccini one last time to defend the temple of Lucan and Luccina, Galloper Guns being turned on Warp Lightning Cannons, the Estalians attempting a Reconquista with the body of El Cyd to rally them, all that cool stuff.

No.

BL author Josh Reynolds had a fan fiction type thing going on with the various characters and factions that were left out of the end times books. Really filled in the blanks and made endtimes somewhat bearable. He has writeups on everything from the fall of tilea to Grimgor sacking Cathay and the chaos dwarfs

Basically what happens to tilea and establish is that clan eshin plans a night of mass assasinations where thousands of generals, princes, tacticians, engineers and other important personnel were taken out in one night of terror. Cut off and leaderless, the city states fell in weeks.

The best thing about Total Warhammer is that you can essentially give the middle finger to the End Times.

Pretty much what I'm doing for my game.
The Storm of Chaos has been broken and the Empire is politically unstable but able to recover if heroes keep it from falling under the subversive forces that might tip it further over the edge.

What exactly were the results from storm of chaos and how would they translate into the lore? I know chaos got BTFO and supposedly tomb kings and brets won big, but does anyone know the details?

Did anyone collect all his fan stuff for ET?

They're the only thing good about the whole shitshow.

Each battle was supposed to advance the story more, and GW counted on Chaos being so OP they'd surely be one of the finalists. Chaos didn't win a single battle, period.

In the most hamfisted way, GW had the results being that the battles were the forces of order making a glorious last stand against overwhelming odds before being defeated, so Chaos was written to win in a massive victory every time even though it lost badly.

Tomb Kings technically should have been finalists, but were written out as "just went home for some reason". But their reason for even being involved in the first place was pretty weak though.
Skaven made it pretty far, but GW had no clue what to do with them. They clearly had planned for the combined Dark Elf/Slaanesh army to go far, but they were knocked out early.

GW abandoned the idea of any of the other battles meaning anything, and just shoved Chaos into a defending position in the battle they decided would determine the ending, where Chaos controls the castle and the Empire has to break in which as far as crunch goes should have been an easy Chaos victory, but Chaos still lost. So GW decided to try and salvage their big story about Chaos ending the world by having players phone in to decide who won, and the result was actually Orcs and Goblins despite them having already been beaten.

So...basically everyone lost Storm of Chaos. Grimgor's army ran away into the hills while he was dueling Arbaal, Archaon was about to kill Valten while the last of the Empire was being butchered when Grimgor suddenly appeared out of nowhere and headbutted Archaon in the genitals, beat the shit out of him then laughed about how weak Archaon was and went back to the mountains to get his army back. The Warriors ran after seeing the Everchosen in the fetal position crying, and he retreated back to the north to plan another invasion like Failbaddon. Valten was taken to recover from his wounds where Skaven assassins stabbed him to death.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_of_Chaos_Online_Campaign

Grimgor fought Crom, not Arbaal.

Slayers are cool because they're suicidal nutters aiming to redeem themselves in the eyes of their peers and the gods by going out in a blaze of glory.

Fyreslayers miss the point by making them a clan of mercenary, gold-loving fire-dwarfs with volcano dragons.

>this is what endfaggots ACTUALLY believe
top fucking kek, shitmar

Please, talk me out of starting a Tzeentch WoC army after seeing new models. I don't want to spend that much money, but my willpower sucks.

That's because fyreslayers are not just slayers. Their culture is more like a norse warrior lodge than death wishers

It's stupid and for retarded memers. "I love goooooooooooold!!! xD"

indeed. everyone knows dwarfs don't love gold. they just tell it that to get it into bed.

How would WHFB change, if it was written by Pratchett?

.... what? The fyreslayers are great. Honestly they're something that would fit into whfb well.

if they wore pants, maybe. not the way they are now, tho

Eh. That doesn't bother me so much. The sculpt quality variance is hilarious though

How bad do LotR Dwarfs look when mixed with WHFB or third-party Dwarfs? I know Elfs/Humans have very different proportions, but deformed midgets can't be that different, right?

>FYREslayers
>fit into Warhammer Fantasy
Hahahahaha. No.

I've been collecting, painting and playing Bretonnians since 2nd Edition. And I'll never, ever stop. Fuck AoS and fuck GW.

That's the right attitude !

bah, I bet you buy new models and include new units, when army books add them

casual amateur

get hyped you subhuman bretonnian scum

Radious please go and stay go.

(very very heavy skirmishers)

people are still bitter here, man, try in a few decades
or on T9A forums - people are less hating of GW there, ironically

Would you lewd a lahmian?

sure, why not? it's male vampire fuckboys that are gay retarded shit. female vampire fuckgirls are perfectly fine.

no, I'm not being sarcastic or ironic.

I bring fresh OC from /twg/

why ain't Elves pals with Vampire Counts?
>bonding over being immortal
>both dislike dwarfs
>both see humans as dirty cattle mayflies

for a supposedly "Grey and Black Morality" setting, WHFB is soooo set it in its Good Guys - Bad Guys duality...

>vampires full of dark magic
>"why aren't normal people friends with us Sad!"

so it is Necromancy Shysh or Dhar? I can never get it straight, 'cos various sources say different things

also, as if that matters. it's not D&D where
>negative energy = EVUUULL
>but I use it to battle bad guys and save good guys
>EVUUUUL

Both, but primarily dhar.

Because elves consider them abominations. Imagine a chimpanzee shaving itself, cutting its arms so they're shorter, and wearing a frame to force it to walk upright while it loudly proclaims itself human - that's how elves see vampires.