Tau are relevant!

>Tau are relevant!
>Leader of entire race gets casually killed by the order of one organization

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Second_Agrellan_Campaign
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i tought tau didnt have souls why is the eversor effecting them?

Culexus assassin, actually.

well... you should really open any tau books then.

Tau have souls and a warp presence. It's just tiny. On the other hand the Culexus is so spooky he doesn't give a shit about your small warp presence.

They need all the help they can get, mate, since Farsight is about to become a Daemon Prince of Khorne and start a civil war, plus the Tyranids and Orks

Well, it's a Culexis assassin. They're fucking monsters.

They have a very small warp presence, which is a soul.

Culexis assassin does not give a single fuck

This picture always make me laugh but why is Aun'Va pictured looking so stoic ?

He was described as screaming in terror while he fled not to mention shitting himself (probably literally) as the Culexus caught up with and proceeded to torture him to death

The Culexus gives as many fucks as the Tau have high-omega-over-popes.

culexus assassins can spook machines

they're the spookiest

Did the Culexus get out alive?

They don't mention it, but considering he chases aun'va off to an abandoned building and goes serial killer on him? Probably.

I like happy endings

Yeah this art is pretty un-good.

My my.
Is it lewd Culexus posting time ?

I only had one lewd Culexus

Is this actual lore? Anyone wanna tldr?

DELETE THIS

When did this happen?

I keep missing all the new developments.

>"Communism has been responsible for more deaths than all of the Necrons, Orks, and Tyranids put together!?"

Mont'ka, Culexus literally just walked on the Tau command bunker and boop'd the Ethereal to death.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Second_Agrellan_Campaign

Mont'Ka. Book's kind of shit, but there are some moments.

>135 points going up against a full 2k army

>[muffled but rapidly closing WRRRYYYYYY intensifies]

Simply beautiful.

So did the Tau get btfo by the Imperium?

Also, was the Covenant from Halo inspired by the Tau? Because the Ethereals and the Prohpets seem like the same thing kinda.

Why didn't they summon a riptide or something.

Covenant long predate Tau. Also, the Imperium won a Pyrrhic victory. They killed the Supreme Ethereal at the cost of millions of civilians and a habitable world.

>So did the Tau get btfo by the Imperium?

The Tau managed to push the Imperials back but the Imperium was just like "Whatevs bro" and got what they wanted, then they set the space on fire, essentially leaving the Tau between a wall of space fire and the incoming Tyranids.

>Covenant long predate Tau.
technically not, they both arrived in 2001

> As Farsight's plasma rifle struck the Eversor.
> Slowing him.

WEW

also now that I checked the release dates, the tau codex came out a month before combat evolved

>was the Covenant from Halo inspired by the Tau?

Doubt it considering they both debuted in 2001 IIRC.

Honestly user I think the Covenant from Halo was more closely inspired by the Imperium with their rhetoric, just as spoopy xenos instead because the humans are the protags of that series.

>heh the Imperium can be vile and evil and create monsters even though they preach human purity! Fuck the Tau
>those Tau fags arent the good guys! The humans are!
Choose one.

Holy fucking shit. That guy's baddass as hell.

>at the cost of millions of civilians and a habitable world
It cost them literally nothing, then?

A star system and millions of people are not insignificant resources, when the Hive Fleet is on the way,

Iirc there was a riptide or 2 that got btfo by the Eversor or the vindicare assasins. Pretty much every non-named character lasted about .0002 seconds against the assassins

Sweet fuck. Culexus do not play.

I'll never consider the Tau truly btfo until something truly dire happens to Shadowsun or Farsight that they cannot come back from.

I choose
>The Imperium is the most vile and oppressive regime there has ever been and thats the best humanity has to offer in order to survive.

If you're referring to the assassin, then ALL of them are. It's legitimately worrying that humanity can produce those kinds of things.

If you're talking about Farsight, hell yeah. There's a reason Commander Gundam is the only Tau I give a shit about.

True, but remember that Halo had been in development in other forms (like an RTS) as far back as 1998.

>gue'vesa

>A star system and millions of people are not insignificant resources
It is for the Imperium, the empire that solves problems by throwing more bodies at it.

>EAT THE FLAG, YOU SPINELESS XENO TRASH
>no pls

Yeah, there was at least one riptide there. Read

Yeah, Farsight is one of the ok things about the Tau. But I was talking about the assassin. I'd really never read anything about them before. But holy shit, that guy didn't give a FUCK.

>but considering he chases aun'va off to an abandoned building and goes serial killer on him? Probably.

Story?

i dont remember that in the fluff but i dont get into tau fluff that much.

Like the assassin tortured him or something? or cut him up and ate him or what?

"ALRIGHT"

"WHICH ONE OF WAS IT"

"WHO MADE FUN OF MY OUTFIT"

"Brother Captain the inquisitor ordered the entire watch fortress for this?"

"Do not question it"

"but captain one squad I would understand they are xeno filth but there are enough marines and fire power here to purge an entire planet"

I've seen SW fanfic about grey jedi and light sith less cringe inducing.

>defensive tau player

Flags are viable weapons

That's not cringy, that's a lore-compliant description of the exact circumstances under which an Eversor would see use and ultimately lose.

Dunno about samurai armors, but Tau battlesuits seem to be made of paper maché and their weapons fire foam balls

Hay man the imperium had not 1 but TWO crusades BTFO by the tau and the chapter master of the raven guard got out ambushed by shadowsun...

Its ok for them to have this. and if they want to guzzle the koolaid i guess they can keep on thinking the tau lop the dicks off of humans if they want to make them selves feel better.

If the Tau were closer to Samurai and not Brave New World I would like the more

Welcome to the Eversor Assassins.

They're ALL like that, and the other assassin temples are crazy for different reasons.

Don't worry in another story you'll see a crysis armor literally tearing apart 20 titans, 40k storytelling is that shifty

Bronislaw Czevak's less successful brother?

Right, but you also gotta remember that GW's plastic manufacturing process isn't something done very quickly.

Honestly if we're drawing design parallels, it's more likely the Tau were inspired by The Phantom Menace.

Assassins are just plain written without anyfucks

Like the time they apparently sent 4 eversors to one planet the entire situation had to rethink issuing out more than one assassin on an assignment.

Or that time IG and Imperial Fists got BTFO by a xeno human hybrid

Eversor = druged up serial killer nut jobs
Vindicare = only able to get off from a headshot 3 miles away

those are the only ones i know much about.

The culexus just kinda fry your brain right?
Whats the callidus thing?

>Or that time IG and Imperial Fists got BTFO by a xeno human hybrid

Something something heresy?

>Whats the callidus thing?
Spy from team fortress on roids, they can become you, literally, in fact, I'm not sure I'm me, could probably be one of them

Power swords wielded by a drugged-up psychopath will tend to make most armor paper. You ever see people hyped up on PCP? Now imagine a guy with a power sword, Freddy Krueger glove laced with poison on SUPER PCP, with C4 in his chest.

callidus are like fetish fuel

One time an agent ate an entire baby whole just to change an imperial governors mind from defecting

Culexus are soulless anti psykers and callidus are mystique from x-men

>light sith
Kinda desire to know more but at the same time not

>he then violently exploded

Retaliation Cadres® have at a minimum one riptide in them. There are at least two of those cadres going after the assassin (one with the named farsight snowflakes, one with the mooks to get killed without consequence for dramatic tension). Never tell an eversor the odds, though.

S5, ap3, 8 attacks on the charge. They might as well be made of paper.

Culexus have so little soul that it goes past zero and into the negatives. They so soulless that it destroys other's souls and have a gun on their heads that shoots soullessness. Shit they kill and literally turn to ash because of how pure anti-life their existence is. They can also turn invisible or some shit and phase through things because fuck you.

wut, like a snake?

Dont worry user an angry mob of people successfully killed a Vindicare

Yes. They basically have almost full control of their own body, surpassed only by an experimental assassin that had to be killed because it became a personal threat to the entire Imperium.

Space Pope was boring anyways, as a taufag all I need is Farsight- but I would like to talk about how fucking stiff that art is. You've got a brain melting Culexis and the best the artist could come up with was a few guys holding their heads like someone played ear rape on the intercom

I don't think you're quite embracing the 40k mind set
take something that sounds cool in the pub
and turn it up to 11

then keep turning till it becomes a parody of itself

That is incredibly stupid, but to be fair melee isn't exactly their strong suit.

>Like the assassin tortured him or something? or cut him up and ate him or what?
I got you bro

Maybe its a sith who uses dark side powers for mudane stuff, like using force lightning to spot weld.

>Yes. They basically have almost full control of their own body
Shit, I thought they could just change their appearance. Can they become pretty much anything so long as it's humanoid?
>surpassed only by an experimental assassin that had to be killed because it became a personal threat to the entire Imperium.
Are we talking Akira tier? Organic nanobots tier? Changeling?

Yeah some fag working for GW let his voraphile fetish bleed into the game's lore. It was pretty dumb.

The reasoning is that during the polymorphine process their body becomes putty so that totally means they can do stupid shit like bleed through barred windows and swallow children whole.

their reasoning*

Ideally a light sith would probably be closer to Nietzsche's idea of an ubermensch: someone that acknowledges their passions and drives, embraces them, but isn't ruled by them. Someone who makes their own morality and seeks to be fettered to no one.

This could likely take the form of someone acknowledging the entire stretch of the emotional spectrum, embracing it, but ultimately acting as a ruler over it. They'd fight with fury, but not let it overcome their thinking, they'd lust but not become some raging nymphomaniac.

Though ultimately most forms of "Light Sith" just becomes "Look I have a red lightsaber and I can have kids and I'm sooooooo nice, my evil sithness just comes from being snarky!" the kind of attitude that likely would've been purged in Korriban.

>implying the Speaker of Great Truths didn't simply convince the gue'la creature that it had killed him before going into hiding to prepare for the next step of his master plan

To be fair, I think the last two editions of the codex have omitted the relevant line, since it was originally brought up when talking about the Tau's pseudo-warp travel which then got retconned (and the codex apparently didn't bother to fit the "Tau minds barely register in the warp" bit in anywhere else).

On the other hand, the 6th/7th edition Dark Millennium Tau section does mention it, except now it's just "[Tau] don't seem to register in the warp". If you want to reconcile that with previous fluff:
>"seem to" + it's in the context of Imperial speculation on how Ethereals work
>or just writer cock-up

Where can I find this? Imperial assassin fiction is so rare.

They had to get the Hereteks to help make it.

They promised an STC to the Admech and they STILL refused to touch that project.

The closest parallel I can come up with is Alex Mercer but possibly worse.

Absolute heresy the combining of human and xeno DNA and that one bitch was able to take Imperial Fists and IG it took Lysander to put her down.

Mont'ka, man.

the vindicare is mooked and doesn't do anything of note
the callidus gets killed by shadowsun in a terribly boring way
the eversor goes DMC on farsight's merry men
the culexus actually assassinates someone

Yeah, I can see how that's a potential threat to the entire Imperium.

Lysander just barely made it the Fists also sent Terminators who in the end also got fucked.

She also could lay eggs of her "species" quite a big fuckup for the assassins

The Inquisition made pacts with Daemons to lead Chaos Space marine warbands to planets it was hiding.

>Best Clade Eversor coming through!

>Tau btfo

Didn't shadowsun die a while ago?

Nice.

Wasn't there another story.. from I think the Damocles crusade or something? About an Eversor fighting his way through a Tau fortress, before finally blowing up in the command center?