Warhammer 40,000 general

Combined mechanicus codex when? edition.

>previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

ragingheroes.com/collections/tgg
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
youtube.com/watch?v=OOZp0RWjdBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the dark city and its trueborn

Anons, do you ever use the basic Warlord Traits in the BRB? Some of them actually seem really good.

For example, giving Legendary Fighter to your HQ in a KdK army means that challenging and slaying characters not only awards you a Blood Tithe, but a Victory Point as well!

If you're playing alpha legion, it's with rerolling after the first death on them.

>mfw all these morons and idiots going on about how GW is about to squat the entire plastic Cadian line so they can make an entirely new plastic line of less popular regiments like Mordians or Steel Legion

Can you guys fuck off with this meme. There are probably more Cadian regiments in the diaspora than there are people on Mordia or Armaggeddon

Someone post the new art of the Black Templars and that sexy inquisitor.

Third for Imperial Fists. Dorn is fortifying this thread!

every now and again i'll go tactical table, but the specific daemon warlord traits are way better

I hope we get conversion kits for other regiments. I'm sick of all of the imperial guard being cadians. Tallarns ftw

Agreed.

Speaking of, when are they going to release female Guardsmen?

Sixth post and a thumbnail. Sad!

Splendid work, Kabalite!

On a side note. Just played HoR Kill Teams for the first time today and got routed with my DE AND Grey Knights in 2 separate games. Anyone have any cool loadouts for either?

>tfw mini-smashfucker IW lord with fist and claw combo to throw at my BT friend

I often do for fluff reasons. Strategicis a perfect fit for my Urban Stealth force, and some of the benefits are actually quite nice.

Dark eldar question.

blasters or dark lances?

Blasters.

it really depends on the objectives and type of game.
tactical traits can be real nice with cards, personal can also be good depending on the warlord
I've never been happy picking strategic or command

The Emperor works in mysterious ways, my friend! It was surely just as planned.

Space Wolves player here, looking for advice on army construction.

What's generally the best detachment for the army and why?

The Wolves Unleashed Detachment, The Company of the Great Wolf Detachment, or The WolfClaw Strike Force with a Greatpack and the other formations?

Dorn, Primarch of the best hair

elaborate?

How prevalent do you think the Admech will be on Cadia? I mean, we've seen Archmagos Fuckawesome, but IIRC there's a shit ton of Skitarii and all their accompanying forces there as well, along with many many titans and several Baskilion Astra fleets.
I hope we get some other new stuff in Fall of Cadia, we could use just access to some standard wargear like Chimeras.

Not really, since the Cult Mechanicus ones can be really helpful. Eternal Warrior Dominus with his 4++ and 2+ IWND will never die ever, Layered Psalm Code once gave 40 allied Conscripts +3 Strength, and the rest aren't that bad.

nth for never forget the time necrons and BA joined sides.

>That Incubi in the background
GW PLEASEEEEEE GIB

Closest I got:
Chaos Lord w/ Fleshmetal Exoskeleton, Powerfist, Lightning Claw, Sigil of Corruption, Bike = 180

T5, 3W, 2+/4++ 6+ FnP, IWND with 5 attacks on the charge either S10 AP2 at I1 or S4 AP3 Shred at I4 + HoW attack. 12" movement.

>tfw theyll never make a plastic arbites army

I just want to subdue trash and heretics

New Deldar minis when?

what's the story behind that dude anyways

user stop. Nobody wants heroic scale Guardswomen. The sisters look bad enough.

So people were going on about a female space marine in the new Fabius Bile book - I read the whole thing, there is no female space marine. There is some weird possessed female/mortal that wears power armor and is a part of the Joybound but she clearly is not a space marine.

I've always found that fluff strange, not for the usual reason either. I always thought it was weird that they made it a matter of "Blood Angels too honorabu" instead of showcasing strategic decision making by not fighting the Necrons with a tired depleted force after teaming up.

Who knows? It's a teaser picture.

How does this look for a GSC list at 1850?

I do.

Assuming you don't play at a GW only place, check out TGG.

ragingheroes.com/collections/tgg

If a Psyker is in a Chimera with a unit and he uses Shrouding, does that mean the 6 inch bubble of units he gives it to starts from the hatch? Or does that not work because technically he's not on the table because of being in a transport.

So an IH captain with AA, bike, powerfist and lightning claw...

Doesnt count cause hes not on the table iirc

>>only astartes may utilize drop pods
>>battle brothers may share transports.

Fixed transports for you.

You can't cast non witchfires while in a transport.

Maybe some whips for the metamorphs? Also try and fit in enough purestrains for first curse (dont all have to have scy tals)

Sons of Medusa Strike Force 2000 pts
Space Marines: Iron Hands
**Armoured Task force** 455

Techmarine-110
-bike, servoarm

Predator-115
-Lascannon sponson

Predator-115
-Lascannon sponson

Predator-115
-Lascannon sponson

**Stormlance Demi** 1010

Chaplin-115
-bike, auspex

command squad-220
-bikes, apothecary, 2x grav, 2x SS, 2x power axe

attack bike-40

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-75
-TL plas/lascannon

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-75
-TL plas/lascannon

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-75
-TL plas/lascannon

Dev squad-115
-2 lascannon, armorium cherub
rhino-35

**Raptor Wing** 280

Stormtalon-115
-skyhammer missle

Stormtalon-115
-skyhammer missle

Land speeder-50
-heavy bolter

**Honored Ancients**-150

Dreadnought- 115
-hvy flamer, TL hvy flamer
Drop pod- 35

**Strike Force Command** 110

Chaplin-110
-bike

>not sure about the heavy bolter on the land speeder, or the auspex on the chaplin. but I had 10 points to burn

A) he can't cast any powers other than a witchfire power when he is in a transport

B) he does not count as on the table per the GW FAQ.

It's the best I could put together for IW, literally the toughest you can make. And honestly, it's pretty tough and has powerful weapons to threaten most targets.

I think you'd be better going death guard for the re-rollable FnP and cloud of flies, thats more smashfuckery

I really hope they do release something for the DE

I guess I could but I want to run IWs. Plus this lets me have the bike along with 2+ IWND

NTH FOR LEVIATHANS ARE FUCKING DOOMGUY. RIP AND TEAR ANYTHING, EVEN GODDAMN TITANS. WRAITHKNIGHTS, DAMONS, BIOTITANS, ALL ARE THE PERSONAL MEATBAG-BITCHES FOR LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHTS.

RIP AND TEAR
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0

SONIC CLANG
youtube.com/watch?v=OOZp0RWjdBI

What's the best way to use Shas'O R'alai? I'm planning to use him to complement my Y'vahra, but at longer range. Jetting around, glancing heavy vehicles to death with Haywire.

We're getting SOMETHING with Gangs of Commoragh. Whether it's a shitty bundle of Wyches and Reavers or some new plastic Incubi or other units is the question.

Yea the lore behind it is really weird i wish it would of allowed us to be allies of convienince outside of one scenario in that book would be neat

Can anyone give me a side-by-side size comparison of a Windrider and Reaver? Skyweaver too if you got it.

Sisters are gorgeous, 20 years old and still on par with the current mini range
Guardwomen ftw

But may not start in allied transports. Read the FAQ

re-read his post

As always depends on what you're facing

Rank the new legions rules from best to shit

First Curse requiers 20 Purestrains.
I'd go MSU with the Subterranean Uprising and add another SU, also with MSU, the more cult ambush rolls the better. Mix/match Claws and Talons on Metamorphs. If you really want to cheese, you can even take a CAD with 2 min Acolytes and 2 Magos/Patriarch.

They're actually about the same size. Except Skyweaver. It's a bit longer to accomodate the 2 passengers. only difference in Reaver/Windrider is the frilly bits.

>That pic
The 'Cron that stole Christmas
I chuckled

> Took the time and money to make his blood angels to TRUESCALE, albeit not in a good way, because he forgot to use greenstuff to smooth out the termie legs
> Didn't spend any time thinning his paints.
Why do people ruin models like this?

Gimme a few minutes and I'll snap a pic of all 3.

If you destroy a vehicle with one of a unit's guns, are the occupants valid targets for the remaining weapons?

no

Acolyte Leaders are overpriced.

Seismic is better than Mining Laser.

You should mix in whips for the metamorphs.

That many sentinels might be overdoing it.

Other than that looks like a list I play commonly.

Death Guard
World Eaters
Black Legion
Alpha Legion
Emperor's Children
Word Bearers
Iron Warriors
Night Lords
Thousand Sons, unless you use them to unlock Magnus then add Daemon allies, that could end up in the top 3.

Here ya go - excuse my messy table.

Swap Emperor's Children and Black Legion

So I just bought a Skitarii Start Collecting box. I wanted to see how much I could squeeze out of it. Did I do OK?

think 2 riptides + y'vahra + stormsurge is too much for 1850?

Why are BL so high up? Ive been wanting to start them.

Yes. Either run 2 Riptides, 1 Rip and 1 Y'vahra, or 1 Rip and Stormsurge.

Why? You can charge them, can't you?

Nah you'll still lose to 1 wraithknight

EC's bonuses look good on paper, but it's hard to build a good list that benefits from all of them. If Kakophoni were an Auxiliary formation, they'd be much better.

that's a sexy bike user, nicely painted

And here's my hypothetical 1850 list. I'm still wondering if that's the best way to run a solo dune crawler.

Good formations (except for the lack of ObSec), turn 1 Deep Striking and good reserve manipulation.

Here's the rundown.
1. You can't split-fire, a unit and it's transport are 2 different units.
2. All of a unit's shooting attacks are declared at the same time, at the time of declaring the attack, the contents of a transport are not a valid target.
3. READ THE FUCKING RULES AND FAQs!

No you cannot -

A) All of a unit's weapons are declared simultaneously so once you declare you're firing at a target all the guns have to fire at that target.

B) you cannot assault a unit you did not shoot, you are not allowed to shoot the unit with the same unit that destroyed the transport thus you cannot charge a unit who's transport you destroyed with the unit who destroyed it.

Thanks sir but I didn't paint that one - got it in a big lot from eBay.

I prefer the Scryerskull Perspicatus over Arkhan's Pimp Cane if I'm not using Cohort Cybernetica or don't plan to put my TPD in a unit consisting of 2+ wound units. Kind of feels like a waste and a bit of overkill to give him double IWND without benefitting from the unit-wide IWND as well, though that's just personal preference due to my love for having cotrol over Mysterious Objectives and an easy boost against vehicles.

Looks aight overall, though. Could consider replacing Arc Rifles with Plasma if you don't think there'll be many vehicles, since the Formation rule helps a bit with those.

b-but big suits are cool. the surge would have the D shotgun and id be roaming all of them, not just gunlining them.
theyd have a drone network and dronecontroller commander so the d missiles would be weaponized

>you cannot charge a unit who's transport you destroyed with the unit who destroyed it.

woah, apparently i've been cheating for years. fuck

Yes you have.

scumbag.
Why can't people be fucked to read the rulebook?

I mean its not cheating if you dont get caught right?

You're not cheating. If a Transport is destroyed by a shooting attack, any unit that shot it that turn can, if allowed, charge the now disembarked passengers.

I'd call it cheating if he knew and didn't care to fix it. This just an honest mistake, I think. Shit happens.

>If a Transport is destroyed by a shooting attack, any unit that shot it that turn can, if allowed, charge the now disembarked passengers

i personally dont give a shit if he knew or not personally like i would of made the same mistake so if i didn't know i wouldn't feel cheated anyways.

These 2 fellas are right.

He didn't cheat because he was following the rules.

>not posting page number
fuck outta here

I use the mini rulebook famalam.
Page 82 in there.

Well that makes it even better now no one has to be angry with him.

Page 82 - very bottom.

Not his fault you can't read.

Beginner here, looking for a cheap-ish army with good kitbash opportunities. I like mid-range and/or melee combat, and tough as hell units, either elites or a swarm of them (used to play Trollbloods in WM/H, playing Ressurrectionists in Malifaux). I also want to have an at least semi-competitive army. What would you recommend me? Torn between Death Guard, World Eaters and KDK (just realized that WHFB Chaos Knights could be used to make the sexiest bikers ever). Unfortunately from the assault-based Loyalists BA are meh, Space Wolves are absolutely detastable both in their fluff and models and BTs rules seem just bland and boring compared to the Chaos Armies (I love the idea of Boons and the Blood Tithe on paper).

Space Wolves are possibly the most plainly viable assault-focused army in the game right now. If you hate their full and models (good taste) then just kitbash a shitload of counts-as, using as much Chaos as you like because they're basically a Chaos army anyway. They even use daemon weapons.

Given your choices I think KDK is probably the best choice for you. They're a fun assault army with tons of toys and a few builds that are worth looking at. They'll play more to the tough elite side but can pull off hordes with cultists and it isn't terrible.

I DID NOT KNOW THIS.

TIME FOR MY MELTA KHORNE SQUADS TO RAEP.