Are eldar supposed to be attractive for humans?

Are eldar supposed to be attractive for humans?

No, they're supposed to look freakish, out of proportion and uncanny valley in their perfectly symmetrical and angular features.

Not really, their grace is inhuman, their movements not comprehensible by a human mind, their prolonged faces and hawkish features alien to us.

They're quite attractive, I assure you, and their lithe smoothness extends all over. I know that firsthand!

They are so beautyful and graceful it's mesmerising, but they are too alien to ba attractive.

Do you find large wild cats atractive?

God damn GW fucked up the dark reapers helmets. They look like autistic baby skulls.

If that's what you're into.

You tell me

Their design is pretty AESTHETIC

Yes

Well, Eldar were created from the same basic genetic template as humans. IIRC, eldar were designed to be perfect warriors, and humans were an attempt to refine the Eldar design which was eventually aborted. So, it makes sense that humans would perceive Eldar as attractive... they are like humans who have been genetically designed to be flawless.

Also, I believe in some Eldar fluff there is a farseer who is looking on a group of humans and remarking that they would revere her as a beautiful goddess.

in a spooky way

3spoopy5boner

GW can't decide.

I for one like the old Eldar art where they were spooky ultra-chinks.

Well that's what felenids are for, aren't they?

>not wanting uguu waifu knife eared humans

Nigga you gay

That negative space really makes the sister look pregnant.

I'd bang Macha.

And Wraithdeer

WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE

No

Did she do more Guardsman x Sister?

Stupid sexy Eldar...

Stupid retarded bump...

Are Slaaneshi Space Marines supposed to be handsome, gorgeous and bishie?

I don't understand why they end up looking so grotesquely hideous beyond proportions.

With people whom worship Slaanesh I imagine the same logic of people whom go through plastic surgery way too much is at work here.

They keep seeing themselves as not perfect and keep trying to fix themselves until they look like hideous monsters.

That or there views are so porverted that a hideous look to them seems beautiful or gives them a hard on.

If I was on my computer, I could post a quote from some GW publication where it says that for humans both male and female Eldar have an unnatural beauty to them.

Wildly so. Most people in the thread are wrong as usual.

Yes they are, hence why the Imperium goes to such lengths to demonize them. They're still dangerous dickbags who will put a sword through you for being in their eyes a hideous monkey so really its pretty much for the best.

>I don't understand why they end up looking so grotesquely hideous beyond proportions.
Its inner beauty whats count.

Yeah, that's the piece.

There's a blonde bishie Slaanesh champion with a mirror shield to check himself out in from WHFB.

Slaaneshi Space Marines have always been hideous. Even the original first kakaphoni marines emerged with mutations like speakers and tubes grafted to flesh. Most space marines aren't handsome to begin with even before mutations.

>Their movements not comprehensible by a human mind

You won the Bullshit of the day award.
And thats really something on Veeky Forums

It's just abit of a exaggeration.

Slaaneesh is the asshole who takes a joke too far.
He's like that guy who finds the "respond to this post or your mother dies in her sleep tonight" and its funny too see the one or two first times, but then she keeps going and then keeps going with it until you go insane from the numbness of overexcess and you beg and beg for more from the faces of pain and pleasure but your ripping flesh is wind upon the perfect light.

Chaos, not even once.

i dont think attractive is the right word, more alluring, like a strange beauty

I get that, and I know that that's supposed to be true, but it's because of this that I find it hilarious that all canon art we've seen of them still depicts them as moderately-to-extremely attractive-looking humans, with pointed ears.

Hell, if they looked more like the elves from Hellboy, I'd probably still find them attractive, but at least that would be more acceptable.

It annoys me that there are people who think that Slaanesh is actually just about hedonism in the sense of sex, drugs, and rock&roll. That stuff would be awesome compared to what Slaanesh is actually all about. How I interpret Slaanesh is a lot like the cenobites from Hellraiser, obsessed with pushing the limits of sensation to the point where existence is torment and no one involved wants any part of in anymore, despite their lack of ability to make it stop.

>all canon art

You know how movies sometimes replace an actor with CGI for a scene or two and even if its really good CGI it still looks 'alien'
thats how I imagine Eldar

Lel.

They're literally described as supremely beautiful. There's even fluff where a Farseer scoffs to herself about how attractive a bunch of primitive humans find her.

They're space elves.

So do tigers.
Do you want to fuck them?

No, but from your post I sort of expect that you would like to.

On official artworks they are not.

I don't know, man, he just sort of looks vaguely asian, to me, but not unattractive by any stretch.

>attractive for humans?
>for
They may be attractive TO humans, but it's not like they try to be attractive FOR you or anything, baka!

Their mental state is also apparently quite weird to humans too. In one of the Deathwatch books, there was an Eldar Guardian that single-handedly wiped half the book's kill-team. When she was captured and asked why she did that, her response essentially boiled down to, "Because the plot demands it". Naturally this made the surviving deathwatch members go apeshit, because who the fuck decided their brothers needed to die so pointlessly?

maybe

It's horrible, sir! They're tempting the regiment with Xeno females, and I fear some of the men are falling for it!

>supposed to be
I don't think cartoon ponies where supposed to be attractive but look where that got us. They're definitely interesting to look at. In universe a character might find them fascinating or beautiful in an otherworldly way. Some art depicts them as more alien than other art, dunno if its an edition thing. And of course, there are people who will be attracted to literally anything.

So creepy looking if you stare at them for too long?

They're stated to be beautiful and alluring with hypnotic grace. The impression I get from the fluff I've read is that yeah, they're pretty damn sexy but that they move disconcertingly fast when they get going, so they go from 'she's so graceful like a ballerina so perfect' to 'oh FUCKING GOD she's fast what is this shit?'

To put it in perspective trained humans are i3, space marines are described as being scarily fast and they're i4, a pretty normal Eldar is i5 and Lelith Hesperax, basically their premier gladiatrix, is i9.

That and apparently the way they think is disconcerting due to their psychic nature, humans and eldar don't have much common ground.

wut

They're both in official artwork. GW can't decide whether they look like supreme beauties or ayy lmaos.

Anyone see DoW 3 Macha?

Its like they combined the human looking eldar art with the alien ones.

I kinda like it idunno

Can someone translate for a pleb who can't read moonspeak?

She's basically a human with pointy ears. There is no combination. Her facial features aren not pointy at all, the eyes too normal.

>The little Bedazzled heart on her forehead amulet

That is honestly adorable. Now I'm just imagining Macha with the personality and mannerisms of a teenage girl.

It's the symbol of Biel-Tan, you imbecile.

I still cant get over the stripes I fucking love them but actually becoming cannon.

Still looks silly.

>combined the human looking eldar art with the alien ones.
She just looks like a human with weird ears, IMO.

>Implying that makes it any less childishly adorable and cutesy.

well, this is the only canon picture of an eldar actually looking uncanny
not sure if it can be considered the standard for eldars

what ? a guardian managed to kill several deathwatch marines ? that's ridiculous

If these threads have taught me one thing, it's that there are no standards for Eldar. I think this art is official, but also the same guy.

Looks human here

the galaxy is big
you got cadian with violet eyes, ogryn, catgirls and dwarves are human, so having lot of variety for the space elves make sense

Thats a really cool description. I'd really like to see a good representation of eldar like this passage in a movie.
When shit gets real and is started by a gentle gesture that turns into punching a marine in the throat. Marines need air right?

They have feminine penises.

that diplomat looks like a flaming fag, you would think intergalactic diplomacy would require some modicum of "proper" dress

>tempting the regiment with Xeno females

"Yet its A-OKAY if its 'catgirls?' Fuck of ye bird, gold and skull fetishists and let me try wooing that pretty lady with pointy ears."

And he'd have a frecnh accent to top it all off.

Question about 40K fashion though, would business/formal suits (suit and neck tie and or tuxedos) still be around and commonplace as human clothing? I'd imagine and picture rich higher-class imperial citizens, military officials, politicians and inquisitors wearing those.

I dont know how you came up with that but it so wrong I am lost for words.

The uncanny factor comes from the midget arm.

That's too Spartan add MOAR gold braid and frills, don't forget the massive hat either it how people know you are important.

On a serious note minion worlds each with there own culture and fashion mean that just about everything was the in thing at one point or another.

In a fair few of the books it mentions people wearing suits made of dark wool, no mention of the exact style but given the sheer diversity of cultures within the Imperium I'm sure that a similar style of dress exists, and is probably considered fashionable.

>Enemy attacks you and kills you
>"why did you do that?"
I was under the impression Marines were smart

FFG fluff isn't known for its quality

Just yesterday I was reading about a callidus obliterating Crysis armors like they were made of paper mache punching the pilots inside through the metal plates, also taking plasma hits like they were rubber balls.

>To put it in perspective trained humans are i3, space marines are described as being scarily fast and they're i4, a pretty normal Eldar is i5 and Lelith Hesperax, basically their premier gladiatrix, is i9.
Lelith Hesperax confirmed to be the Flash?

He looks fabulous, and exactly what you could imagine a 40k noble diplomat to look like. Outrageous, goofy looking clothes, cybernetics that look kinda functional but still ancient and a company of the most hardass warriors the Imperium can produce. All that just to walk up to some Tau and tell them that they can suck his dick if they want to stay alive. And if they do, he'll have them killed anyway.

It varies from Eldar to Eldar.

Except instead of the speedforce, her powers come from the collective psychic force of her enemies' fear boners.

Warhammer fantasy and early modern era clothing? He looks fine. Out of place because of the tech, but if he was in Fantasy, he'll fit right in.

Maybe they have a variance in appearance like humans do; sure, most of them look attractive, but you'll always get a few potato-faces who while not particularly noteworthy to the Eldar themselves, look hideously alien to terrans.

There's something eerie about a space marine that BALD.

Can they even conceive children? Or Marines and Sisters sterilized during the augmentation process?

I think it's the eyes and that unnerving smile. Astartes-pattern baldness is quite normal for those dudes.

This makes me want to see a human encountering a duo of Eldar siblings. They meet the brother first, and by human standards he is absolutely fucking gorgeous. Someone comments on this, and he laughs, saying something along the lines of "If you think I'm attractive, wait until you meet my sister!"

And then they do, and she is pure uncanny valley.

Sisters aren't augmented, they can have children.
The Space Marines can't however.

only in the sense that you want-have to kill them

Any proof for that? Aside from probably never having the opportunity for sex anyway and being brainwashed manchildren, is there any need to sterilise marines?

Actually I Think it's in one of the codexes that The Process of Making a space Marine fucks with natural processes and hormone production seven ways from Sunday so that Space Marines are rendered unable to reproduce naturally.

I imagine people are okay with this because Space Marines are hard enough to get right as it is and if someone were To try and fix this it might fuck up the formula horribly or result in terrible mutant offspring. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Although I have no idea where he got the idea of SoBs being infertile.

Oh, okay. I just think it would make sense to keep their balls intact. Since they've already gone through the process of becoming a Space Marine, their offspring would probably have a higher chance of surviving the whole process, so you'd have a more efficient way to get recruits.
And you could go full circle with the whole Übermensch part of the marines.

>Lelith Hesperax confirmed to be the Flash?

A few things are faster than her.

This fabulous nigga is Initiative 10.

Do you not?