Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Alter Ego Edition. How ridiculous are your identities?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing
Time Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1xrcVb8f4isNrnf0c4A-ek9AmU8UD9nNULJF5v6dRwNM/edit?usp=sharing
War Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wKYQDiexOl7efIFLp_1nfJIlj9ky04senq8l6WbweQk/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64765/one-on-one-jade-regent
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/snake-oil-salesman
youtube.com/watch?v=oH9oOwe9bsE
youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs
youtube.com/watch?v=eC3xaEw9PSM
youtube.com/watch?v=JMtRysYUoF8
youtube.com/watch?v=uIDegDixwfA
youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
youtube.com/watch?v=p2lwFiIaMAE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-bg-rmEF4
youtube.com/watch?v=alTQiC6hhGc
youtube.com/watch?v=hUIBGTjIXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=AcTl3AqNk5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BylfI8Kw7d4
youtube.com/watch?v=cwCdShFGjwI
pastebin.com/djYJKkcF
inkthinker.deviantart.com/gallery/
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047023
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mine is a skinny person.

Holy fucking playtest, batman!

What spheres would a psyforensic investigator want besides divination? Fate seems interesting. And I like the idea of energy blade + improved energy blade + focused blast group, but that might be a shit idea.

TROLL WARLORD TIME.

THRASHING DRAGON. TEMPEST GALE.

AMANI NEVA DIE!

Mind might be good. Or perhaps Time to get tht free Time Divination without having to get the talent for it if you have Divination. Light and Dark are also good. Enhancement could also help in some cases

Oh so they nerfed the shit out of Entropic gloves.

Disappointing, but understandable.

Look at that glorious twelve foot tall axe chucking motherfucker. LOOK AT HIM.

Is there a guide to replacing the Brinewall Legacy with Burnt Offerings, or should one just run Burnt Offerings into the Brinewall Legacy when using it as a prologue to Jade Regent?

What did they used to do?

How would you rate the Destruction combo thing earlier? Too expensive for that low kind of damage?

Mind might be nice, what talents are good in it? Time seems like a good idea as well. Would a small dip into life for greater restore be worth it?

There was a lesser and greater version

Lesser was a Flat +1 Damage per die on Destructive Blasts

Greater was 3 Damage per die on Destructive blasts.
>mfw

This is kinda stupid but how would i go about making Excalibur from Warframe?

Metaforge.

Aegis is the warframe
Soulknife is your melee/secondary/primary + Exalted Blade.

Christ on a bike. What are they now?

Once a round, +1 damage per die on any damage dealing Sphere ability. Free action.

80,000 gp.

Ability is sensible, but a bit too expensive imo.

I dont see the need for aegis/metaforge. Soulknife does the job fine by itself. Excalibur doesnt have anything youd need aegis for.

It would highly depend on your CL. For a Low or Mid caster though, if you are getting Energy Blade and Improved Energy Blade, you ay want to ignore Focused Blast Type Group unless you only plan on using one elemental type, which really isn't what you want.
For a Low or Mid Caster, taking Energyblade and Improved is for bumping the potency of your melee attack, as well as giving you something to either sneak past immunities or hit weaknesses.

Really, I can't say more without knowing your class and layout though.

i came here... lookin for booty.

Is the public face the skinny person, or is it the masked hero?

No one can tell anymore. Not even her.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64765/one-on-one-jade-regent

Yo, if you were interested in the one on one Jade Regent (Burnt Offerings into Brinewall Legacy) vaguely ERPish thing (in the sense that because it's one on one, there's no need to break to a private channel for lewds, and thus the game's flow doesn't get interrupted), here's the listing.

How do you prevent your players from falling into the trap of just RPing as themselves?

the booty is essential. and should be considered as vitally important to all character builds.

>The "Calling Card" Vigilante (Serial Killer) ability now applies to gruesome scenes of sexual violence, as well as ordinary violence.
Well, see I was gonna ignore this. But now I have to make fucking Rapeman.

Thanks a lot.

Avowed Question:
Does Embodiment of Aether replace ONLY save DCs, or would it, for example, add your Strength instead of your Charisma to Mystic Reflexes or let you use your Strength on Sense Motive with Celestial Pact's hostility sense, the attack bonus for On My Command, or Aether Rampage's Damage Bonus?

>Fighter of Consent-Man
>aaAAAaaaaah
>Champion of the loin
>aaAAAaaaaah
>You're a master of Rohypnol, and Friendship, for Everyone

>The rule I meant to take out because it was in there for the Lamashtan Serial Killer Vigilante in the HV game I'm running is the thing that's attracting players.

Welp.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I'm against that sort of thing. I'll allow it.

You can do better than that.

Give him Riven Hourglass.

Does Quick Draw affect how quickly you can ready a shield?

What's the best way to play a near-naked catfolk thief?

goddamnit charlie!

Completly naked

Rogue and nab the Prescient Dodger rogue talent. Or anything that can get rogue talents.

5 Wisdom Catfolk rogue with 16 Cha and Prescient Dodger talent from Spheres

:^)

The Snake Oil Salesman archetype.

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/snake-oil-salesman

Lotsa Charisma. LOTSA CHARISMA! Plus, prescient dodger for Charisma to AC, so you can make your enemies miss you because they're distracted by your tits.

Without a skeleton.

No SoP unfortunately.

desu senpai I'd rather play with that Nord girl.

Dip 2 levels of Scaled Fist before going Rogue for Monk CHA to AC bonus. Not as good as Prescient Dodger (which scales with your Rogue Level), but still works. Plus lets you Unarmed Strike halfway decent.

A gestalt game in which everyone is a vigilante, the only races allowed are the following

>Androids, Gnolls, Lizardfolk, Tengu, Kitsune, Catfolk, Skinwalkers (and variants), Tieflings, Kobolds, Ifrits, and Ratfolk
>Humans had great empires spanning back for a long time
>They cut deals with devils who weren't so benign
>Their empires went into a downward spiral
>Demon worship went viral
>The empires imploded upon themselves
>All that's left are pages on bookshelves
>In the vacuum, all the other bestial races
>Took this opportunity because it was aces
>And made their own citystates and nations
>Using old human rules as their foundations

But...

>These citystates are infested
>And have a lot of crime uncontested
>The many races that make these places
>Can't agree, not even in market spaces.

OKay enough rhyming. Basically, a gestalt vigilante game set in a citystate that is beset by gang warfare, corruption, and other fun stuff, with no humans* at all. Instead, you've got weird monster races: Gnolls, Lizardfolk, kitsune, etc. To make up for the fact that you can't play a human, all races get an extra feat at 1st level.

*Of course, there's humanoids. It's just that there are no more pure-blooded humans left. They all either died, became Androids by uploading their minds into robotic constructs (and promptly erasing the traumatic event that caused the extinction of humans), became Ifrits and retreated into volcanos, or the nobles retreated into Hell and became Tieflings after being there for many generations (with the slaves and low-caste individuals managing to escape to the "Real World" so to speak)

There'd be some significant fluff changes for most races to fit into the setting, which would be some kind of late 1700's-early 1800's city adventure in a vaguely American-inspired city with magic, guns, and gang warfare (the grimmest of grimdark settings!)

Oops, forgot to ask, but would ANY of you play in this? I need to know so that I can plan it for the future.

Yeah I'd play it.

So if I full attack something, am I still allowed to make a swift action?

Yes

Post character creation music.
youtube.com/watch?v=oH9oOwe9bsE

Hell, could be fun.

+1 if the Kitsune are all Yokai. +2 if there's a society of them that's pretending they're DEFINITELY humans.

sounds like someone needs to be the law...

youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs

youtube.com/watch?v=eC3xaEw9PSM

Definitely

They're actually French, they pretend to be humans, and they're major assholes. Like, supermassive assholes.

>French
>and also assholes

Are you perhaps implying that they need a beacon of light to show them the way?

Werebat Serial Killer Vigilante + Vivisectionist Alchemist.

The Alchemist then goes into brewkeeper & master chymist. He qualifies for Brewkeeper because his social identity is CG. His Serial Killer Mr. Hyde Mutated Form identity is LE.

The first reveal is where I mutate with master chymist. The second reveal is where I also have a bat head.

Hrm.
Intriguing.

Curious why only Ifrits and none of the other elemental types, but not a dealbreaker...for the moment.

This one got a laugh out of me.

Because none of the other elemental types are all that interesting, and nothing is cooler than an Ifrit living in a volcano.

No I'm implying that I really don't like French people. But also I really wanna get away from Kitsune being all Japanese weeb-bait.

So from now on they will be called Renards. Because to be frank I hate Kitsune.

>get away from Kitsune being all Japanese
Are you retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=JMtRysYUoF8

Gears turning in your head as you wrack your brain for ideas.

>I really don't like French people...
>... to be frank I hate Kitsune
>yet you are also including them in your setting

If you hate them so much, why bother adding them?

I mean, I guess there are foxes in places other than Japan, but that part is kind of dumb.

Nigga there's OTHER cultures with trickster canines. The North Africans with werehyenas. The Native Americans with coyotes. Fuck even the FRENCH have trickster foxes. I'm using the goddamn Kitsune because, hey, guess the fuck what, they happen to be FOXES that are also TRICKSTERS AND I REALLY DON'T WANT to have to FUCK AROUND TOO MUCH WITH stats jesus fucking Christ.

Niggggggga, I hate the word "Kitsune" not the idea of tricky fuckin' foxes like this shitweed I posted here. Besides, I don't really have very many strong opinions on French individuals, but it seems fitting to make the asshole fox people French because Frenchfags get stereotyped as assholes, and there happens to be a pretty FUCKIN FAMOUS folktale about some shitweed fox named Renard who was French.

>see that
>immediately check if it's a high quality rip

Boy, are you mad. Did foxes bully you at the playground.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIDegDixwfA

>focusing on Reynard

Nah I'm just messin' with ya, foxes and French people are okay. I just decided against having the Kitsune/Renards be Japanese. They're French, now.

Honestly, I'd probably go google translate "hidden" and "fox" into french and mash shit together or something for a race name if that's what you're doing. Renards doesn't really roll off the tongue for a race name.

Well it's what google translate gave me for "foxes" so

Yeah I guess that will work. Thanks for the suggestion!

YOU SHITWEED

I HATE CATS

How dare your furry waifu not be the nationality you want her to be.

How. Dare.

I dunno. Renard works for me.

It's more that it's retarded to want to use the East Asian mythological shapeshifting, trickster foxes and not have them be East Asian.

Japan doesnt have a monopoly on shapeshifting trickster animals, nor are we in any way beholden to mythology.

Nigga, actual pathfinder kitsune are hardly accurate to mythology anyway. Who gives a shit if this faggot wants to make his kitsune be french bread?

Consider

The Native Americans had mythological shapeshifting trickster coyotes. The French had mythological shapeshifting trickster foxes.

I'm saying Kitsune. Use the stats for Kitsune. But in the fluff, they're French. Understand? This nigga understands.

FUCKING

SHITWEED

>East Asian mythological shapeshifting trickster

It let's you crop cha out for str for class features(packs count as such), dcs yata tata. So yes.

At least cats are better than frogs.

I need pictures of kitsune dressed in catholic robes. The French are/were catholic, right?

>he doesn't like frogs

You fuckin' shitweed, kill yourself.

>tfw you will never play a Grippli Hidden Blade and use Grig Jig to force people to dance with you

Try DeviantArt.

Frogposters and "JE SUIS MONTE" shitters need to fucking leave and stay leave

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy why would you suggest that?

>Grippli
>Not vishkanya

PLEB ALERT.

Yeah, FA's a way better resource.

Gotchu famalam

>mfw I remember exactly what I was listening to on loop while I made each of my characters

>Tyran
youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

>Casimir
youtube.com/watch?v=p2lwFiIaMAE

(Basically the entire NieR OST is character-building gold!)

>??? (for Molthune Knights)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-bg-rmEF4
youtube.com/watch?v=alTQiC6hhGc

That's where I get character art from, but I don't normally go looking for anthropomorphic humans.

This man speaks wisdom.

Deviant Art is a fantastic source for character art, you just need to be good at sifting through the shit and picking out the gems.

Honestly, Pixiv is super nice if you like weeb art.

>captcha: mistral park
Worst MGR:R boss

Isn't that art from the guy who did the badonk monk?

Weeb art is very glaring when paired with western art, you either need to make everyone use one or the other.

>kitsune art
>western
I'll take the glaring differences then.

What bonuses do you give for cooking /pfg/?

A hearty meal should give mechanical bonuses!

About to go to bed but might as well dump some of what I've been listening to lately, which may or may not fit characters I've made/been making.

youtube.com/watch?v=hUIBGTjIXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=AcTl3AqNk5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BylfI8Kw7d4
youtube.com/watch?v=cwCdShFGjwI

>Cooking bonuses

pastebin.com/djYJKkcF

Here you go senpai

>yfw 2hu signs up for the Molthune game to ruin it

I'm not sure what you're talking about, so check for yourself:

>inkthinker.deviantart.com/gallery/

Alright /pfg/, did some work and here we go; camp follower-turned-knight for valor above and beyond the call of duty. She's in a little over her head and still double-checks every morning that she isn't dreaming, but she owes Molthune everything and by the gods she's going to pay it back a hundredfold and again. She's going to be the best knight she can; but she's going to make sure she never forgets where she came from.

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047023

It's just strikingly similar art to a monk with the same style and pose showing off an incredibly thick and wide booty!

>yfw witchhunt user literally can't stop himself

I'm thinking of building a Warder around tripping people and using his attacks of opportunity to wreck them as they get up, eventually picking up Felling Smash and Greater Trip.

Am I retarded, or is this not a bad idea?