Clothing Destruction

Best way to implement clothing destruction in rpgs?

I've used a bastardization of the Warhammer d100 systems and simply said certain damage types reduce the AP on the relevant location, tearing away the armour as it does so.

Currently toying with having crits do the same in 5e, although without removing the AC of the target (at least initially).

Any experiences or preferences?

Other urls found in this thread:

wulinlegends.pbworks.com/w/page/82640779/Exposed!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Best way to implement clothing destruction in rpgs?

Don't.
Unless you're playing some retarded magical realm hentai RP, just don't.

What this guy said.

I've seen them go pretty well before, the key is a congregation point\vetting pool, like a Discord, to cleanse cringe and organize/determine scheduling

Clothing ARE your HP. damaging clothing reduces the power of opponent and complete defeat tears it all away.

Usually I'd say when armor is worn just give it the broken modifier, and if they refuse to get it fixed then warn them it's barely even armor anymore. Over days of additional wear, start stacking penalties until it's borderline detrimental to wear. When it's no longer revealing new skin on removal, then and only then it can fall off in combat without it feeling sorta magical realmy.

For normal clothes, just don't. For all intents and purposes this is a naked character anyway.

Also remember people wear padded clothing under platemail armor to avoid chaffing.

So what does the person do after cleansing themselves for being cringeworthy enough to think it was a good idea in the first place?

You're reminding me of that time my gm described our only female player's underwear.

I just start describing more and more ripped-up clothing as more toughness penalties characters get stacked up with in Mutants and Masterminds.

Yes, it doesn't carry specific "KO when nekkid" thing, that's too magical realm.
Superman doesn't faint like a fucking preteen if his clothes got melted off by laser, he punches the guy with the laser in the face.

Do it like Empowered! The more shredded her skin-tight outfit gets, the more powerful she becomes!

fergot muh damn pic

KYS

Isn't that the exact opposite of what happens?

Not even an exact opposite really, she goes from hero to near zero at a first scratch even if 99% of it is intact.

I think that gets better as the series progresses, at least she tricks dWARf! by hiding the fact that more than half of her clothing is intact.

There's an ERP rpg with clothing destruction rules but I can't remember the name of it right now.

I just sort of do it as a cosmetic thing here and there (e.g. "as the axe scrapes across your armour, leaving a rent in the side") but I assume that after a fight, unless it's really ridiculous, the players are patching up their clothing/armour in time for the next one. For example, about six months back a red dragon basically instakilled + overkilled one player (the bard) with a supercharged breath attack, so I just ruled that all the non-magical stuff he was wearing, along with his body, was incinerated except for an incomplete charred skeleton.

McFucking kill yourselves.

Everywhere you fucking see the "magical realm" bogeyman. Armor destruction is a valid fucking concern. Stop projecting your own degeneracy onto others.

>Unless you're playing some retarded magical realm hentai RP
It's pretty obvious that OP is, though.

Playing in a 5e game right now.

Every now and then the DM will just say "You've been on the road for a while and done X amount of fighting and getting filthy. Your clothes are looking ratty at best and maybe a few steps from indecent, might want to find replacements."

>Everywhere you fucking see the "magical realm" bogeyman. Armor destruction is a valid fucking concern. Stop projecting your own degeneracy onto others.

I'm sure that's what OP was taking about when he specifically called out CLOTHING destruction with pic related being some fanservice weeb game

Someone wrote up a version of this for Legends of the Wulin- wulinlegends.pbworks.com/w/page/82640779/Exposed!

>What do Nihao Honey, Ikki Tousen, and Tenjo Tenge all have in common?
>At the end of the fight, everyone is going to be wearing about one third of the clothes they started with.
>Clothing damage is an old standard of the panty fighter genre and goes hand-in-hand with any light-hearted game looking to resurrect the parodic spirit of the 90s.

>When inflicting a chi condition in combat, instead of inflicting the standard condition for your attack type, you can inflict an Exposed! condition instead. An Exposed! character is suffering a wardrobe failure (or destruction), and suffers an action penalty unless they take pains to describe how they're covering up... or not. A character can only ever have one Exposed! condition, and it can never be inflamed beyond Major or cause the character to be Taken Out.

>And yes, Exposed! works for quick work attacks and end-of-combat rippling rolls too. You are already Exposed!

Just cut to the chase. Hand out condoms, and turn the music up loud enough so your mom won't hear what you guys are doing to each other in her basement.

bitch do you even prestidigitation?

No arcane casters in the party.