Warhammer 40,000 general

GOOD MORNING Veeky Forums edition

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

First for the Order of the Bloody Rose and Celestine.

Second for Alpha Legion

Second for Pariah gene

Is this list any good? Or is it -too- good? I play in a fairly casual meta, so I don't want to bulldoze people if I can help it.

Maybe they'll give us generic living saint as a HQ and have Celestine as a special character version.

nice paint scheme. very tempting.

Third for first was really for Alpha Legion, just in disguise. Also fourth.

Playing necrons rn and picked up a Nightbringer shard
Worth? I'm play mostly casual, semi competitive games with friends and I think the shard has a pretty bitchin aesthetic.
Also are monoliths worth buying?

Looks pretty fun bro
I'd run a helldrake along with what you got but it seems pretty decent

That would be nice as I don't really like using named characters.

But I'm defintely picking up Celestine and the Gemini Twins anyway.

Cheers friend. I'll probably try and find a way to cram some blight drones in there somewhere, but I don't have any Chaos flyers atm.

For christmas I'd like an Alpha Legion related novel, but i can't decide wich one.
I'm thinkg about "Legion" and "Seventh Serpent"
What do you think?
Any other suggestion?

Nth for decent fluffy Black Templars when?

GOOD MORNING

Regarding World Eaters:

Sound good if I paint them brass with red trim? Normal scheme doesnt do much for me.

If I got Skullcrushers and used rods and bike wheels on the Jugger torsos, would they make a passable base for an ATV? Current bikes look... just... dumb.

Understandable
I run a chaos list too but it's a CAD
Unfortunately no formation allow for contemptors or reg dreads :(

I have a Valkyrie on the way. Just bought it out on a whim.

Any good suggestion for SoB + Inquistion?

Already running;
2x Flamer BBS in Immolator or Repressor when I have points for a full 10 girl squad
2x Melta dominions Immolator
0-1x Seraphim
0-1x Celestian Command Squad
0-1x Retribution Heavy Bolter
0-2x Exorcist

Inquisitor
0-2 Psy Bolt Double Heavy Bolter and 10 point Psyker.

Suggestions?

>Sound good if I paint them brass with red trim?

Sounds alright. Might be a bit garish.

Anyone else just had a cheeky Nandos before crimbo breakup?

Wait a minute

So I was reading this and it had some soldiers working cogitators and machines, jury rigging, hacking, sabotage, etc etc

I thought only tech priest could touch technology? Or is there an exception for the guard?

funny, isnt it?

Bloody Rose!

What the Tech Priests don't know, won't hurt them.

If you played me I'd let you run them in the place of Helbrutes, who gives a shit, right?

I don't think most people would have a big issue with it, unless you're in a tournament.

Priests can only do it reliably. Anyone can fuck with it, but when the Administratum or AdMech find out who's been fucking with their toys, then heads get blammed.

I just ate close to my own weight in macaroni cheese.

One of the great freedoms and downsides of being an independent adult.

WAKEY WAKEY

You are right this is a major oversight people who are not members of the adeptus mechanicus may can't even touch technology the phase through it.

On a more serious note anyone can use technology it is from my understanding at least most people are too dumb to use any form of tech. As well as that there are machine spirits that get pissed if you don't treat them right.

Guardsmen, like any normal human, can be trained by techpriests to learn some rites and lithanies to take care of their machinery. This is why you have normal humans, "menials", working in Forge Worlds, and this is why tank crews are able to do some quick battlefield repair when they are in danger. However, everything that starts to be a bit technical is reserved to the enginseer.
Some guardsmen are also known to jury-rig their equipments without proper prayers to the Machine God ; In this case, the Enginseer will get really pissy and probably complain to the commissar.

>I just ate close to my own weight in macaroni cheese.

I don't believe you, user. Post proof.

I -can't- post proof, I ate the proof!

I feel like this is going to turn out to be a very indigestion-intensive few hours.

I could post the pot if you like.

Do it, user.

> Missing MoS
Okay fixed the issue with the Marks.
>No Anti Tank
At 1,000 points I'm figuring most "Tanks" will be Rhino and Chimera which I should be able to handle with the Auto Cannon and the Plasma Guns. Let me double check that Every that can has Melta Bombs, but there is also that. I shouldn't be seeing Land Raiders or Equivalent at 1k points.

Isn’t it funny? When I came here 10 millennia ago and I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to End them Imperium of Man, you all laughed at me – well I have to say, you’re not laughing now, are you?

Shameless self bump

Abbby-babby-pinhead, run back home and cry in bed.

Who dat

I don't think you need to worry about bulldozing. A cheesy* csm list has rapier batteries/multiple heldrakes/a bunch of sorcerers/zombies/renegades... none of which you have. Should be a fun list.
*Csm don't win many tournaments. Cheese is relative to your meta.

>I think the shard has a pretty bitchin aesthetic.
This alone makes it worth it user.

I think monoliths look awesome and in 5th they were brutal and devastating, but I hear they are terrible compared to other choices these days.

I think they suffer the same problem as land raiders, which were also pretty big deals in 5th and that's the fact they cost 200 points but you can get more stuff that does as well for less. (land raiders being 250)

Thank you
I saw few relatively cheap monoliths and thought about sticking one in my decurion. I feel like necrons have lots of cool models and rules but everything competes for a spot on the list.
Thankfully they have don't have the plethora of upgrades for the avg. unit like Tau, guard and SM do

Don't worry abby when you are sitting on your battle barge in Terra's and get killed by kaldor draigo after you struck down the sanguinor even tho he put a nick in your armour ill laugh plenty.

>MFW order of the bloody rose but no blood on the roses.

Nothing have a low budget cosplay in return

Repeated from the last thread, would a vestal task force be any good for a sisters army if I'm only running minimum troops?

I claim this thread in the AdMech's name.
She actually looks great in the BR's colors.

what's your personal favorite when it comes to 40k lore stories?

1500 TS list

++Grand Coven
+War Cabal
Sorcerer- ML3, Familiar, Astral Grimoire- 170
2x Rubric Marines (5)- Rhino-based 185x2= 370
Scarab Occult- Soulreaper Cannon, Hellfyre Missile Launcher- 300
2x Sorcerer- ML3, Familiar- 140x2= 280
+Legion Armoury
Vindicator- Possession- 135

++CAD
Herald of Tzeentch- 45
2x Pink Horrors (11)- 99x2= 198

Comments? Criticism? Thinking about swapping two Sorcerers for Ahriman and bling for the Herald.

Welp, she just neew to dye her hair white or use a white wig I guess.

AdMech, Guardsmen(Catachans and Vostroyans especially), and BAs and DAs.

It's 3 bong mate.

>That tie

Farage is a Harlequin confirmed.

But it's 7 burger here.

That could explain some things. Murderclowns do have style.

10 burger for me.

My PST nigga.

r8. it gets endurance, fnp, veil of time, invis and sanctuary. probably split it into 2 stars since theyd be overkill anyway

Mein east coast brother, how do

All I know is that you don't live here, which means that you more than likely are in a better place than me.

>tfw accidentally deleted my Bakersfeels
Have an adorable maulerfiend instead.

Your response to anything is 'hit it with a hammer'. Thus, you need more Hammers.

This is also a manly as fuck list. But how do you fit so many goddamn librarians in there? I thought the strike force was like one of every unit.

shitty cause i couldnt get to sleep till late last night.

it would be 2 strikeforces.

That's good to hear, someone in the previous thread was going on about how "OP" the new Death Guard rules were, so I was concerned that they'd become ridiculous.

We have clock towers at all the town churches that go BONG when the hour changes, and the amount of times for said hour.

Do you fats really eat a burger for each hour it ticks over?

Tough m8
What happened

Haven't played Chaos is years anons but I'm coming back to my World Eaters. With the new AoS plastics I'm having fun making cool conversions for my CSM squads.

But what kind of lists are popular with Khorne players these days?

So far It looks like I'll be doing a Chaos Warband for the core and maybe a Spawn squad or a Terminator Annihilation force for the Auxiliary formations.

Any advice as I plan out my lists? I'm aiming for 1250 at the start before expanding due to 1500 being mostly our playgroups average.

Also, should I go two special weapons in a 10 man CSM squad or a special and heavy. Back when I played in 5th melta was everything, but I don't know what the trend is these days.

I'm mostly aiming for cool conversions and such so I just don't want to spam a single unit a bunch.

nothing i just have trouble sleeping sometimes.

Are Deathwatch good at 1850?

I liked legion but apparently most people dislike it.

Guess I'm the only one who likes the cabal.

What does +1 to Assault Results mean when using the Icon of Wrath in a unit?

Damn, those are looking good user, the heads really make then stand out. I'm surprised the arms fit so well as well.

I gotta do a Berzerker unit like this some time.

>I'm mostly aiming for cool conversions and such so I just don't want to spam a single unit a bunch.
you wouldnt like my list then

Would the Death Guard and World Eaters ever ally?

Count as having killed one more opponent when deciding who won combat.

Have you considered death?

You need more hammers or else your going to get wreaked too often by walkers.

I think it's a very interesting concept that didn't really develope at its furhtest potencial. But I don't see it as Legion's fault for introducing it, the fault remains in the rest of the novels that weren't capable of, as I forementioned, developing it as they could.

They're the closest in terms of how friendly they're gods are to one another

Is Malestrom of Gore really that good? I feel like just zerg-rushing berserkers into the enemy will just get shot to complete shit by any shooting.

a couple of times.

Is there a pdf or excel sheet with the stats for all the weapons somewhere ?

You've got lay people doing tech stuff since 2E. But their actions are even more restricted than those of lowly tech priests.
They can operate the tech for everyday operations, but unusual situations or repairs are beyond their knowledge.
But when you've worked all your life on the same machine, you pick up some tricks.
And then you have the good old guard know-how, like bashing the machine with a spanner or turning it off and on again. Of course that's stricly forbidden and nobody ever attempts such a sacrilege.

So every faction is getting a Primarch class character now, I guess?

This dude is 5w 6t but will clock in at ~500 points.

Kind of surprised they opted to start the Primarchification with TS -> Sisters -> Admech

Yeah, Khorne and Nurgle, other than the Great Game, don't mind each other too much. If they find a chance to fuck each other over, they will, but if the legions have a mutual goal, they'd probably work together.

The sooner we get to Angron or Doombreed the better.

i havent played it yet but it has a high chance of turn 1 charges, especially from the deathstar

I've been gone for a few days after IA got released, what news did I miss? How are SoB, and IA as a whole? Whats next in announcements?

He doesnt cost ~500. He costs 295pts. Some user did work on the video and managed to figure that out.

Doombreed had stats back in the day.

not Blood Angels

What is that from?

Sons of Medusa Strike Force 2000 pts

**Armoured Task force** 455

Techmarine-110
-bike, servoarm

Predator-115
-Lascannon sponson

Predator-115
-Lascannon sponson

Predator-115
-Lascannon sponson

**Stormlance Demi** 1015

Chaplin-110
-bike

command squad-220
-bikes, apothecary, 2x grav, 2x SS, 2x power axe

attack bike-40

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-80
-TL plas/lascannon, dozer blade

Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-80
Tac squad-85
-plas
Razorback-80

Dev squad-115
-2 lascannon, armorium cherub
rhino-35

**Raptor Wing** 275

Stormtalon-115
-skyhammer missle

Stormtalon-115
-skyhammer missle

Land speeder-45

***Librarius Conclave** 255

Librarian-85
-bike

Librarian-85
-bike

Librarian-85
-bike

>any comments would be nice, although the list isn't groundbreaking

>t6 W5, 300ish points

Loyalist Scoria I guess.

GW stream.

Same but slightly better with AoF lasting the turn and not just he phase. Celestian Command Squad are Elite and not just restricted to HQ.

You can take a Priest as an HQ instead of a big cow.

Other than that SoB 6e es still valid along with the Inqusition. Beside non retarded Acolyte squads and Psyker for 10 points and servo skulls nothing change.

Don't forget probably having 2++ and at least a 5+ FNP. And at least a S10 AP1 gun.

He's going to be a beast.

>2++
wat

How?

New admech book? Is St. Celestine coming back as a Primarch level character?

So a thousand sons death Star with the astral grimoire, some scarab occults, and a heck of a lot of sorcerers can pretty reliably get a 2+/3++ save while rerolling on 1s.

Could this be the basis of a competitive list without Magnus?