Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Should we relentlessly bully anyone signing up for a /pfg/ campaign as a wizard or arcanist?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047023
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1042857
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I reject your OP and Substatue my own.

How do we promote and progress in the Glorious Endevour, My fellow Hermeans?

No, because Illusionists are neat.

MENGKARE IS A VEILED MASTER!

We publish the pinup calendar of course.

What with Paizo's hate boner for all things not Chaotic Good. I'm actually 100% certain that Mengkare is actually a gold dragon.

What is this bullshit now

I'm of the opinion that he's secretly a blue dragon.

Even if Mengkare is a veiled master, Hermea produces the finest asses in all of golarion.

Hermean asses are for Hermean eyes only, if you want a nice booty than pick up a Qadiran or Osirion girl.

Even if he's a psychic beast from the depths of the sea, an ass man can't be all that bad.

I will follow Mengkare into the depths of hell.

Fuck off Veeky Forums, puzzles and dragons isn't Pathfinder related at all

>HV
>Some chucklehead delayed for two sessions
>Even though the sessions are two weeks apart

They missed Session 1 and Session 2, how can we trust they won't miss Session 3? The DM needs to boot that flake-ass player and put in someone who actually gives a damn about the campaign.

>I'm not the GM or any of the players, but you should do what I think
Nah.

>Should we relentlessly bully anyone signing up for a /pfg/ campaign as a wizard or arcanist?
Not really if the gm didn't want them in their game they would have stated as such.

Imagine signing up for a high-profile campaign, getting in, and then promptly flaking on every single session because of unexplained reasons, often days or hours before the session.

The guy's a flake.

And? How does this effect you? How do you even know this if you are not even a player or a gm, and why do you care?

In that case you can just roll up a beguiler and be happy.

But what if Hermea takes all the good Qadiran and Osirion women? What if all that's leftover are just pale shadows of what they could be!?

Imagine not getting into a high-profile campaign and being so salty about it that you rant about it on Veeky Forums.

Unless you're Catherine then you wouldn't get the spot.

They probably care because they were rejected from the game.
Which is a valid reason to care, really.

Alternately they're a player

Is it? Even without the other person in there is no guarentee they would get in, it would be better to spend time making your applications better to get into other games instead of brooding over one you didn't get into.
Also, this makes me curious if any of the pfg people have gotten into multiple pfg games, I see a lot of the same people applying for them.

I have a solid memory user, I remember last time they discussed HV and said a player didn't show up, and I remember last thread that player saying they can't make it to the next one too.

It's bullshit, complete and utter bullshit. I care because it's not fair to the myriad of people that desperately wanted to play - there were straight up some with life issues that meant every session mattered!

But nah, this player got in and is wistfully tossing aside their obligations because "I dunno, stuff?" Fuck him, he's the worst kind of player.

There are millions of people in Qadira and Osirion, and Hermea only takes hardly a half-dozen from all over the world every year.

More Qadiran cuties die from horses than they do getting taken by the agents of Mengkare.

I'm sure the player g=told the GM more than "lol idk stuff?"

This is why you never get your hopes up /pfg/. The Salt must flow.

And we don't care about your bitchin.

I think there's merit in an adventure starting in Hermea. either as a group of youthful soon to be adults about to take their citizenship test. Or applicants being examined.

Maybe Mengkare decides to send the party out too seek out tomes, and lore about human genealogy and other useful subjects so that he can continue to improve humanity with each generation.

I know, i just like memeing.

Calm down, user. Lots of us didn't make the right group comp, and bitching about it is going to just make the GM want to hope the player who got pulled away manage to get in later rather than take on someone who's willing to rant about another person like you are now.

You don't sound very comfy at all to play with, even though you're upset!

A Hermean campaign would be a high-level, high-attribute quest of GENETIC FREAKS unleashed on Avistan to complete some sort of objective, maybe stop a continental threat like a Justice League or something.

wow pfg not commiting who would had thought

How german/prussian are moltune names?

As German/Prussian as Romans.

Fuckin', then I guess we'll just hear about the six players becoming five in a couple months, and life will move on.

You simply can't miss the first couple sessions and expect to sync right in, it's tough.

Not at all from what someone said in a previous thread.

Honestly I too was hoping the character would ditch so I'd have a chance of getting in, but wasn't going to decry them for it. That's just counterproductive. No-one would want to bring in a bitch player who demands the GM kick someone else out.

I'm not too bothered about missing two sessions myself since I couldn't make them either and told the GM in advance.

>want the Int boost for an animal companion of Courtly Hunter
>Also want the shared initiating of Ambush Hunter
>No initiating Hunter exists to my knowledge

Meme builds are always a tradeoff, it seems

Oh fudge off with that you hecking dork, Golarion doesn't exactly work like that and it shows hard with places like Osirion having radically different names than Qadirans, or folk from Galt being differently named as folk from Cheliax.

But we all know you guys are going to be making Tien characters anyway, so what's the use?

Somehow i think that would be glorious.

But Mengkare is trying to perfect humanity through eugenics, clearly he would select not but the finest asses on Golarion.

Now who's flaking? If you were truly thirsty for games you'd join a campaign that's been going on for years without blinking! Shame on you! Since I want the place more than you and the other person I demand you relinquish any claim to play right now!

>clearly he would select not but the finest asses on Golarion.

He's selecting for a wide variety of factors and great butts are just one of many.

I will never try pathfinder if this is the kind of playerbase, i read the previous thread.

god have mercy

Pff, trust us, you're better off playing 5E or dungeon world. Pathfinder is for people who want more 3.5E content to powergame with.

Yes he's also trying to craft the perfect blend of Delicious brown.

Genetically wonderful large and perky intelligence is also important.

Plus a heaving, backbreaking physical strength is also a prime requirement.

>Osirion having radically different names than Qadirans
>In 2253 AR, the Cult assassinated the last Qadiran satrap
?
>folk from Galt being differently named as folk from Cheliax
>To achieve this goal, it changed the alphabet of the Common language and the names for the days of the week.
???

Native Molthuni are ethnically Chelaxian and haven't had time or desire to diverge.

Vocal, obnoxious minority, anonymous imageboard, neat

Lot of people are in pathfinder for familiar rules and extensive modules, not just to powergame
Pathfinder community is lot different outside of this DSP fanclub

So roman? Where in golarion has the prussian/german names? The ones with "von" in the middle.

>Chelaxians
>Romans

Oh sure, "Henderthane" is such a quintessentially Roman name, same with "Cimri" or "Jeggare."

Brevoy is Prussian.

visable yes but from the sound of it there semse to be alot more of your kind

Ustalav is Prussian/German, Brevoy is Polish.

>Molthune isn't german, it's roman
>Mothune isn't roman at all!
Why do you do this too me.

I thought Ustalav was russia?

Ustalav is the Balkans, Irrisen is Russia, and Brevoy is Prussia.

Is that for names or for country thematics?

>Why do you do this too me.

Molthune and by extension Cheliax are English dressed in a trenchcoat. Their titles and names have a flair for the dramatic or diabolical (which means Latin, of course) but at their core it's English.

>Molthune is german but actually roman but actually english
>brevoy is prussia but actually poland but actually game of thrones
>ustalav is prussia but actually the balkans
You guys aren't making it easier.

Irrisen is Fairy Tale Russia, Iobaria is "normal" Russia.

Brevoy doesn't have a lick of Prussian in it, which is why I'm honestly confused by what you're trying to say here. There isn't a single Von or Hans or Helmut or Reinhardt in that place... But there are Olegs, Noleskis and Natalias. Hell, it's a commonwealth of kingdoms united in war.

Enchantments are not illusions, user.

>brevoy is prussia but actually poland but actually game of thrones

Brevoy is Poland ran through the Game of Thrones filter.

Ustalav is the Balkans and Romania.

You're right about Molthune though.

>Ustalav is the Balkans and Romania.
Isn't that Varisia with all it's gypsies and stuff?

>You're right about Molthune though.
So what do I do for names?

I'm gonna wager the answer is yes.

On a somewhat related tangent; stoic, somewhat provincial Kievan Rus style knight from Irrisen now an expat in Molthune, yes/no?

Maybe there ISN'T a direct analog to Prussia, have you considered that?

>familiar rules and extensive modules,
So, people wanting more 3.5E content.

Anyone wanting more of that either is a powergamer or should play a different system. The only thing pathfinder is good at is rewarding system mastery, and people find a perverse pleasure in building characters far more than playing them. Characters can be played well in most systems but only pathfinder makes autistically poring over the rules have so much of a benefit.

It's like 1984, the elite are willing to eat shit as long as they can grind those below them into the shit they're eating.

>Isn't that Varisia with all it's gypsies and stuff?

Nah, Varisia is a fucking mess of themes and memes but it's mostly Italy, especially on the coasts.

>So what do I do for names?

If Cheliax is the Roman Empire, than Molthune would consider itself the successor of the Roman Empire, ergo the Holy Roman Empire (or even go for something wild and crazy like Byzantine.)

That's what makes this whole thing unusual, because Molthune is *dressed* like Prussia but they're ethnically different. The State Budget being the Military Budget is a classical aspect of Prussian administration, and something Molthune does in spades.

>Jeggare

Jeggo
Jeggas
Jeggat
Jeggamus
Jeggatus
Jeggant

It took me a fair amount of tries to not get any weird magical realm players in my games when I was running PF. Thankfully I kept in contact with them.

>mfw all these sloppy analogues
>mfw the only France-expy is a failed Revolutionary State

WHAT IF I JUST WANT LE ROI-SOLEIL, HMM? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE FRANCE-LAND, THE REALM OF SUN KINGS, PLEASANT MEADOWS, LOOSE WOMEN AND STUFFY KNIGHTS OBSESSED WITH STEALING THE STORIES OF OTHER COUNTRIES?

Have you not heard of Taldor?

Taldor is spain with all their fallen glory, dealings with not!muslims across a narrow strip of sea, and shit.

Nobody wants to learn now rules and Paizo's AP are still no matter how many errors they make cut above the rest.

Taldor is the dumpster-land of European memes they couldn't stuff elsewhere, they tickle your balls with the insinuation they're France but never stroke the shaft with it.

>Paizo's AP are still no matter how many errors they make cut above the rest.
I know you're trying to troll, user, but at least make an effort to say SOMETHING believable.

You gotta be seriously out of touch with rest of the rpg industry not to see this

>The Realm of Sun Kings
Stavian III, Grand Prince of Taldor, Emperor of Taldor, Scion of Aroden, Doge of Andoran, Defender of Galt, Eternal Monarch of Cheliax, Primarch-in-waiting of Absalom.
>pleasant meadows
What are the Tandak Plains?
>loose women
Yes.
>stuffy knights obsessed with stealing the stories of other countries
That's the whole point of Taldor. They're looking back on their glory days, forgetting that those regions are no longer part of Taldor.

It's not France, but it's everything that guy wants.

I hate to say it, but Taldor *is* meant to be France, many of their wondrous items have blatant French names (such as the Divan of Emperor Fortigré) and their landscape of verdant farmland and haughty citizens is stereotypical to that part of the world.

We could kidna--adopt a bunch of cute little boys and girls from around the Inner Sea! Then raise them in our superior society!

>mfw you're exactly right
>mfw it still doesn't feel good

Fuck, I guess the only thing that's really bothering my booty about all this is Taldor being a fallen empire with delusions of grandeur when France was pretty hot stuff in the 16th century (which is kinda sorta what the setting is meant to be, yeah?)

Alright /pfg/, hoping to get a little more feedback in the new thread; camp follower-turned-knight for valor above and beyond the call of duty. She's in a little over her head and still double-checks every morning that she isn't dreaming, but she owes Molthune everything and by the gods she's going to pay it back a hundredfold and again. She's going to be the best knight she can; but she's going to make sure she never forgets where she came from.

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated as always. Picture spoilered despite being related, just for safety's sake.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047023

Almost like its some awful amalgamation of France, Spain, England, and Italy.

Which is really a pretty awful way of going about it. Smashing cultures together like that never turns out pretty, especially ones as different as each of those.

Why three weapons in addition to claws, that seems a tad overkill. Also correct me if I am wrong but stuff like tents, food, ect I belive he said were given to you, and you did not need to spend starting wealth on it.

Blame people born and raised in a sheltered culture built on globalism and the belief that there really isn't any major delineations between a Frenchman or a Spaniard or an Italian.

You cannot succeed. Your cause is hopeless.

I always buy a starting class kit, which HAS trail artions, bedrolls, and such in it; better to have it than not, and the GM okay'd the purchase. The three (actually four) weapons plus claws is because planning to dual-wield, a back up/toolset weapon in the kunai in case I need it, and a bow for an honest ranged weapon.

Let's be honest here; if the Inner Sea was dominated by a Not!France, Not!Italy and Not!Spain with special mentions to Not!Greeks and Not!English, would it have been better than what we got now?

Because I would've initially said no, but now I'm not too sure anymore after we've seen all our "favorite" countries have fairly solid analogues.

The Inner Sea needs a Not!Holy Roman Empire.

>tumor familiar discovery
>figment familiar archetype
>play a hypochondriac

does this work

This guy knows what's up.

Varisia is Fantasy New Jersey, complete with rip-off Jersey Devil

It does! Holy shit, it does!

I'd hype the heck out of that!

I think I'm finally finished tinkering with Valeriya Deverin's character sheet for RotJR, looking for feedback:
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1042857

And for posterity here's her greentext backstory:
>Daughter of Kendra Deverin and childhood friend of Ameiko.
>As a young girl she was wild and unruly as a reaction to her powers manifesting, her friendship with Ameiko was probably the only thing that kept her sane during this time.
>Was shipped off to boarding school run by the Magnimar Navy to "get disciplined".
>Initially spent a lot of spare time in Underbridge practicing her magic with local beguilers, but as she advanced in her schooling and matured this side of her life lost its appeal.
>Upon graduating, she joins the Magnimar city watch, but quickly becomes frustrated by the limits of what she could do as a guard.
>As she becomes more and more disillusioned she begins to return to Underbridge, feeding the beguilers intel on their competition in return for some formal training.
>Breaking point occurs one night as she witnesses a young Sczarni boy (around 12 years old) pocketing a dose of pesh and follows him to an abandoned warehouse on the docks.
>Inside she finds dozens of Tian girls in chains, sex slaves waiting to go to market. The boy is offering one of the girls a hit of pesh in return for sexual favors. Valeriya sees her best friend Ameiko in each and every one of the girls and goes ballistic. She beats the boy nearly to death.
>She is dismissed from the city watch and returns to Sandpoint in disgrace.
>Sandpoint is full of the same kind of corruption, the same kind of people who are willing to let criminals escape for the sake of due process.
>She takes on her vigilante mantle and stalks the streets of Sandpoint at night, willing to do whatever must be done to uphold her sense of justice.

Doest PF has chain of actions like in mtg? If there's a flying opponent, and I teleport to his possition do I fall immediatelly after my teleport ends or (because I can) can I full attack that flyer after falling?

Are there such things as intelligence divisions in Molthune's army? I have a character idea that is largely a detective or a field intelligence officer. Maybe a slight tactician slant, but it's looking like it's leaning away from that. What could someone like that do to become landed?

Found out something they shouldn't, so got landed and retired as a 'thanks, but now you're too dangerous; we're keeping an eye on you, but as long as you stay harmless, everything will be shiny. Shiny?'

So, a more benevolent burn notice?

That sounds a little to grand of a plot hook to casually drop in a backstory. It does seem like a nice reason for a genius, young upstart to get "benched" so early in their career.

Where my stronk bruiser bros at for Molthune Knights? Surely there's gotta be people who aren't going dex/int?

Pretty much, it's not uncommon in spy fiction (or actual spook work) for a spy who's gotten too much of their own people's secrets uncovered to get a 'pleasant retirement for service' with strings attached.

I'm going dex/cha!