Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Devilish Edition. Tell about your interaction with the infernal powers.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047768
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64765/one-on-one-jade-regent
paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=15?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#702
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am going to ask again. What would the best VMC be to complement a Cabalist Vigilante with the end goal of being espionage based?

Also are there any PoW disciplines that do a lot of bleed damage?

Broken Blade, Cursed Razor, Piering Thunder, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, and Steel Serpent have one bleed maneuver each. Thrashing Dragon and Tempest Gale have two.

Bleed is a shitty mechanic to base a character around, as any healing stops all of the damage.

>Broken Blade, Cursed Razor, Piering Thunder, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, and Steel Serpent have one bleed maneuver each. Thrashing Dragon and Tempest Gale have two.

Thank you. I think Steel Serpent will probably be the best for this character.

I'm just saying as the Cabalist has bleed as something it regularly does.

>Devils

Right, then. Why does /pfg/ love Asmodeus and Mahathallah so much?

The cabalist, no matter what any memester will tell you, is not particularly good for that very reason.

Well yes but at least it has cooler talents than a certain OTHER Warlock archetype

:^)

Because /pfg/ hates Paizo, and Paizo hates Asmodeus and Mahathallah.

Papa Asmo actually has a really interesting history as The First, plus his participation in The Brother's War and the whole creating evil as a thing gods can have during the First Betrayal.

I wanted it mostly because I wanted the witch's spell list due to it brings one of the best espionage spell lists. Wizard would be better. Is there a vigilante archetype that casts from the wizard list?

Also not many enemies actually have healing. Unless they have a divine spell caster they are often shit out of luck.

>Because /pfg/ hates Paizo, and Paizo hates Asmodeus and Mahathallah.

Contrarianism is cool, but the question is also 'why do people like non-self destructive evil', which has a pretty obvious answer.

Bleed isn't bad because it can be healed so easily, though that's not doing it any favors. It's bad because DoTs don't inhibit an enemy's ability to fight.

GLORY TO THE RECLAMATION!

>'why do people like non-self destructive evil', which has a pretty obvious answer
Yet you don't see anyone hoping on Netural Evil dick.

Shit Lawful Evil tends to be more self destructive than neutral evil because all dem traitorous Lawyers/Viziers/Jews dick stabbing each other for power and prestige.

NE bros just want good pussy,loose shoes, and a warm place to shit

Is making "morally grey" characters a phase?
These days I feel less and less about people wanting to "put a twist on it" with like "this guy is like, good but he does REALLY BAD THINGS MAN"

It's a cycle. You bounce between 'pure characters are boring' and 'ambiguous characters are edgy.'

Where do "characters ultimately unconcerned with good and evil and seek to fulfill their own lives/goals/etc" fall?

Lawful Evil: Illegal Acts at a Reasonable Price With Professional Standards

Neutral Evil: Illegal Acts at a Reasonable Price With Some Contract Negotiation

Chaotic Evil: Unreliable, Illegal Acts at a Fluctuating Price with No Contract.

Also the destruction of all life and power at any cost.

You mean TN/CN characters? That's a cycle of its own, where you either want the simplicity or hate the 'lul randumb' nature.

"Self-centered character means I do not have to take sides right" spot

Ehh "Embodiments of evil do not exist other than in third-rate television dramas." is something to consider though.

So then what's the alignment of DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRTY CHEAP?

Those are actually good characters, which everyone wants to make but nobody knows how.

Is the Warlock Vigilante any good? I know there's some 3pp that makes it better but I don't think it's on PFSRD which makes it less likely to get approved; without those kinds of fixes, how does it perform?

Evil. No Law, No Chaos, No Neutrality

JUST FILTHY ACTS WITH AFFORDABLE COSTS

>DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRTY CHEAP?
Lawful Evil, given that it's an extension of Funny.

Even if they do not show it, the world is full of severely selfish people only looking to maintain or climb the power structure at any means possible.

Terribly without 3pp.

Neat spot with 3pp, though might be overshadowed by other "warlock-y blaster types".

LE just has style. "Yeah, I might be an evil fucker, but I'm still more honourable than you could ever hope to be, fucking murderhobos."

A non jollylock is jank, but the fixes are in the trove.

Evil is not always death murder kill, but gaining power or status at the expense of others.
There are many ways to do this, violent and non-violent.

It's over all pretty good, getting the wizard spell list helps, and 3rd party stuff just makes its arcane bolts actually Useful.

That helps, for some reason I didn't even think to look there. Thanks friend.

True, but how much of that is because people won't/can't realize that they are evil, resulting in their only path forward consisting of similar acts?

I quickly whipped up his sheet in Myth-Weavers, I'm like 99% sure I did everything up to code but feel free to ask how or why I did a thing. Also if I failed to post the right link to the sheet.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047768

Does it matter?
What if world is deterministic and it does not matter if you perceive yourself as evil, you are still evil because you had no choice to be the opposite.

No problem, it should be in Legendary Villains: Vigilantes in Legendary Game's stuff.

Can you fault them for being such a way in a deterministic world? They did not chose such a life. Should we punish those for outcomes they had no control over?

What's your reasoning behind Weapon Group Adaptation for Unarmed to Primal Fury?

Maximum Damage?

But you will punish them, for that too was destined for you.

No escape. Not in this life, not in the next.

Sup, /pfg/.

For those of you who were interested in the one on one lewd as shit Burnt Offering into Jade Regent, here's the link! app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64765/one-on-one-jade-regent

Good will fault them, but we do not need to look at the world from Good bias.

Primal Fury not only has MAXIMUM OVERDAMAGE but one of the abilities, Crushing Blow, is fairly useful, especially if one of my allies ends up getting Sneak Attacks as well.

Honestly while I'm interested, it seems less vital to have a system for a purely lewd game where freeform could work just as easily for something like that, but that might just be me.

I'm just going to tell you to make sure you know, because I know it's a common misconception. Unless otherwise stated, like for Broken Blade and Solar Wind, you can use a discipline with any weapon, not just with discipline weapons.

Punishing those who had no choice in the matter doesn't seem very good of thing to do. If we too are destined to unwillingly and wrongfully punish those who unwillingly commit evil, can we truly say that we are good; can anyone?

I am not he, I was just making a guess.

Even if that is the case, I'm going to pretend it isn't and just keep it like it is now. I'm already stronk enough, if I get to spend another feat for free on something I'd like I literally might just break my DM.

Is there a Vigilante that casts off the wizard spell list that isn't warlock? I don't want bolts, just the spell list.

Because right now I'm torn between Cabalist, Warlock, and Zealot.

Not because I particularly like any of their new features, I'm torn between their spell lists.

I want to be espionage based, and the Wizard/Witch spell lists do that well, as does the Inquisitor's. The Wizard's does it the best. The Inquisitor does it well, but is missing some key spells.

I'd probably say it's Wizard > Witch = Inquisitor.

No.

There can be no Good in a world without free will.

Post Vigilante Gestalt ideas with Psionics and Path of War allowed. No 9-level Casters or Manifesters, that's the only restriction.

Just making sure you know for the future. The benefit of Weapon Group Adaptation (UA to Primal Fury) is +2 on your Primal Fury saves. Other than that my only advice is to dump int down a bit and boost wis, as it's a pretty important ability score for both stalker and monk.

Even if it is not the case, I like to think that we do have free will, if only to entertain the idea that good perhaps does exist.

t. Unclean One

Are Throwing Weapons just plain shit all around or can you make it "viable"?

I'm actually a Stalker Vigilante, which uses Int instead of Wis for all of its Stalker-related boosts. Apologies for not putting that in the sheet.

Just remember that survival instinct doesn't count for that.

If any "good" you do is because you will be infinitely punished for finite transgressions during your life, that's not being good nor having a choice in the matter: you've got a gun to your soul's head.

Likewise, If any evil you commit could have been prevented but is always allowed "because it's part of a greater plan", that deity's plan is... not good in the least.

1pp only - Startoss Style
3pp - Tempest Gale

Well, it's not gonna be 100% lewd 100% of the time, and I like having it as a framework (and don't know any other system well enough to convert Jade Regent into it).

Vigilante(stalker)//Stalker(vigilante), obviously.

I had never mentioned good and evil being part of a diety's plan for us. All I hope for is that mankind has the ability to stand up beyond base survival instincts, pursue what is just and good, and make the world a better place before our deaths. Even if we cannot chose our actions or fates, hoping for the betterment of our species a good thing, at least in my thoughts.

>NE
>not even bigger dickstabbers since they don't even care about the squabbles of Law or Chaos and would gladly side and betray each of the looking out for number one
You deserve to get Starscream'd
Heck this was eve the MO of one of the important Fiend Tribes in the Planescape Bloodwar

The trickster operative seems like a good option for that kind of character: paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=15?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#702

We'll have to do like the Klingons and slay any gods we have, then.

>paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=15?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#702
This is for the Molthune game. I doubt this would be allowed.

There's a guide in the zenith game guide list that sums shit up pretty well.

It also needs updates, unfortunately.

How would one get Wis to Disguise/Bluff?

I fail to see how having gods prevents such a ideology. Could they not too be bound by a lack of free will or choice in their actions?

Heresy/Conversion Inquisition, Wisdom in the Flesh.

So what is pfgs opinion of landsknecht?

How lewd we talking?

"Shayliss is a huge-chested slut" lewd, or "Nualia's overtly fucking her fiend hounds?"

Hersey/Conversion handle bluff. Wisdom of the flesh only handles Str/Con/Dex skills. Disguise remains illusive.

It's more Swordlord than the Swordlord PrC, but everything after level 5 is kind of worthless.

What is it missing? I was just reading through it.

Also, Landsknecht is a goddamn terrible name for the PrC.

Why wasn't it named "Swordmaster?"

>but everything after level 5 is kind of worthless.
Silver Crown Strike is actually pretty dope, and so is Stance of Assured Victory. It's pretty solid overall, honestly, and combos well with something like Fiendbound Warder.

This bugs me too because when I think Landsknect, I think motherfuckers with pikes. They got the clothes pretty accurate in the picture (although they were usually even more colorful than that), but they definitely weren't using one-handed swords.

DoTs could work with some builds that do inhibit an enemy's ability fight. Heal isn't that big of an issue if you can regularly get bleed attacks off.

>Not comboing it with ZweiSent using Scarlet Throne Style

[Reeeeing increases]

It would veer into ERP from time to time (the sort of stuff that in a normal game would be fade to black and backchannel), I can only imagine, but the guy who's demanding a list of kinks is over thinking things and probably thinks it will be 100% smut 100% of the time. Mostly, it's up to the player to initiate that stuff, with the NPCs at most having a scene where, say, you walk in on a man getting under the table service from his well stacked halfling lover.

>you walk in on a man getting under the table service from his well stacked halfling lover.

That fight was tough.

Dont forget Trained Throw.

That fight still isnt finished. Bullshit halfling. Where does a slave even have time to learn 2nd level maneuvers?

In the part of Faerun where my next campaign will be, Tiamat is one of the more popular deities because she's the lesser evil.

Context?

What does Tiamat even do that's so evil? I'll need to know this for one of my upcoming sessions.

Same as any great wyrm chromatic dragon, only 5x more so.

Evil is not always death murder kill, but gaining power or status at the expense of others.

What's the point of power if you're not going to use it? What good is status you can't maintain through death murder kill? Sounds like pussy evil to me.

Halfling slave in the first session of HV is a secret assassin that is at least level 3 with full initiator levels.

>Context?
I'm running /pfg/ Hell's Vengeance, and souped up the first battle by making the Expert a Ninja, and giving him a second ninja to help him out. Said ninja happened to be a halfling blowing him,under his desk.

In the HV campaign we had to go to a tannery and we walked in on a guy getting oral from his halfling slave. The guy was easy to down but his naked, wholly devoted slave who somehow managed to learn maneuvers, is still hanging around.

How does it synergize with ZweiSent and ST?

>banning stat swaps
>banning Orator

How to detect a shit GM 101.

Did he suddenly get a dramatic power-up when you killed his lover?

'Cause I mark out for that kind of animu shit.

I wanna try playing a Monk but every time I try making one I end up getting bored in the process. Some of the archetypes have neat stuff, but usually gain them at the loss of something I'd rather keep (most often FoB). What're some interesting Monk builds you guys've done? Qinggong seems a good way to start at least...

>crying about stat swap bans

How to detect a shit Player and Faggot 101.

We've been through this already. They're not broken at all.