Imagine this

Imagine this.

>WotC holds a contest where you can send in a card idea and they'll put it in their new expansion

What card would you send in?

Here's another one with almost the same effect

Just out of interest where exactly do you see these cards seeing play? Nigga, if I'm paying ten mana for a creature AND saccing some shit for it or taking a bolt to the face I want that to be winning the game, I do not want to get a potential 1 for 3 if they decide to do whatever your custom sets equivalent of Cryptic Command or Kolaghans Command is.

So you are paying ten mana to maybe deal ten damage. That is if it doesn't get surprise blocked or hit by just about any damage spell or countered? Also you pay 3 life for some reason.

The dimir one at least gives you lifelink and deathtouch i guess.

People would just send stupid memes. I bet a rare Pepe card would get chosen due to voting bots.

Red Brainstorm
R
Instant
Exile the top three cards of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play one of those cards.

bretty gud

make this a 3/3 and this card would be really fun

exile three cards from the top of the library and two cards from your hand

that would make it pretty shit

for one red it should be kinda shitty

White Divination
2W
Sorcery
Draw a card. If an opponent has more cards in hand than you, draw a card.

but the whole point is that it should be somewhat equivalent to Brainstorm's power level.

Fuck card submissions man, I just want them to free my nigga Sorin. He was a real good boy, they struck him down way too soon.

2U for a 2/1 w/ the illusion thing
1BU for a 3/2 w/ the illusion thing
1UR for a 2/1
UU for a 2/1 flyer w/ the illusion thing
BUU for a 3/2 flyer w/ the illusion thing
UUR for a 2/1 flyer
BUR for a 3/2

Every option is a bit overcosted except 2U which is just shit, but the options alone are valuable
On the other hand, it's intended to be a common. Though I guess it is quite busy for a common

The only thing i would change about it is that it gets protection from all colors except white.

Why not just use the level mechanic?

I miss split cards

BB
Artifact Creature - Construct
Modular, Undying
2/1

Modular needs to have a number, which in this case I guess is supposed to be 0.
Also, colored artifacts are weird.

Modular 0 probably works

Modular is an artifact ability, but Undying fits black a lot better than colorless, and making the card colorless means you can't push the CMC

>Muse
>not red
Go to bed boogie

-Name-
B
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices a creature
Buyback BB

This is seriously fucking busted

Friendly reminder that pick related is broken as shit.
It turns out you can just not run creatures.

It's meant to mimic the original Pokémon card games and How evolution works in it.

Rampaging Caryatid
Artifact creature
At the end of your upkeep step, if you have less life than the player currently controlling Rampaging Caryatid, gain control of it, then the put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Attacks each turn if able.
1/3
[Life irritates art.]

"Fuck, I didn't think it was broken when I passed it in the draft"
Legendary enchantment
2WU
Once per turn you may exile a creature you control and return it to the battlefield during your end step.

If your opponent controls 3 or more creatures, you may exile a creature. Return all creatures exiled by this effect to the battlefield under their owners control when ~ leaves play.

Fatmobile
Artifact - vehicle
Trample
Crew 1 (Tap an american you control with total weight of 300 pounds or more: this vehicle becomes an artifact creature until the end of turn.)
2/3

They should employ me.

So basically a nonstop barrage of attack-block-repeat until there are no creatures left?

Yes.

>game literally hangs if both players control a 1/2 (or any other [N/>N] P/T)
A+ for effort but F for creating infinite loops

>I don't know what cleanup step does

To be fair, for a card to actually reference the cleanup step is, I'd imagine, verboten.

Why it would be mythic.
Either way, the card would rule out damage being "cleaned up" so that damage remains permanently.
Cards used to reference the cleanup step pre-modern, but it got replaced with "end step".
I'm just fascinated that not a single card even like it has been made.
The closest is "Each creature attack each turn if able."
My card is just reimagined red board wipe.

>My card is just reimagined red board wipe.
Well, it can also kill people if they're behind in terms of creatures and were counting on a fog to save them.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
If someone played that in a stalling EDH game. Fun for the whole pham.

Infernal Reversal - 2WB
Sorcery
All creatures with toughness 2 or less get +2/+2 until end of turn and all creatures with toughness 3 or more get -2/-2 until end of turn.

Marching Mauler
3BB or 2BB
Artifact Creature - Construct Horror

Menace

Whenever a creature blocks Marching Mauler, that creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn

3/3 or 2/3 or 3/3

*or 3/2

>The first effect
Pretty snazzy, but nothing fantastic.

>The second effect
Literally what. State-based trigger that allows you to exile both your and your opponent's things. Jesus fuck balls, I could see some absolute mayhem being unleashed, and you're right, idiots wouldn't realize what happened until it's too late.

Fuck yeah, flanking

Golgari Hate
1R
Instant
Golgari Hate deals (2-3) damage to each black and green creature. Creatures dealt damage this way cannot regenerate this turn. If a creature dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead.

Izzet Hate
B
Sorcery
As long as Izzet Hate is on the stack, opponents can't cast red or blue spells.
Target opponent reveals their hand. You chose a red or blue card from it and exile it. Exile all cards in that player's graveyard with the same name as the exiled card.

Boros Hate
G or 1G
Instant
Prevent all damage dealt to you by red or white sources. Prevent all damage dealt to creatures by damage from non-creature sources.

Orzhov Hate and Simic Hate I don't know.

Probably a Black-Green Legendary Enchantment Creature - God that doesn't suck ass.

Seriously, Based color identity deserves something better than what we got.

Zazzle
Artifact
~ must be countered if able.
T: Return this card to its owner's hand.
1,T, Sacrifice ~: Draw a card.

to e serious this is something I would play in edh (a card from a custom card thread)

Ought to cantrip. Any truly nasty targets can be cracked before it resolves.

Honestly I considered it just having split second, or making it an instant.

It cantripping would actually be kinda neat though, it didn't occur to me.

>what is windborn muse?

Path Not Taken
B
Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a land card from it. That player discards that card.

Would be banned at first glance.
Breaks entire point of "one of each".
If it wasn't a legendary creature, or if it said "colorless card". Then maybe it would be fine.

1UU
Creature - elemental

Convoke
Flash

When X enters the battlefield counter target spell. If a creature spell was countered this way X enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.

1/0

see

>implying
Also card is kinda cool. If a bit boring in my opinion.

I like. I like. I feel like white could get away with drawing 3 cards since it only relies on them having Moreno cards.
I actually like the design with This and the other split generic card.
I dig it. Simple and pretty good for blue.
Fixed stone forge? pretty cool.
Oh I love the fuck out of these 20/10
I love split cards myself but the u/b version Is just a worse trumpet blast
I get the purpose but this is worded wrong. Also 0 man for a 1/3 blocker is a little much even If it switches controllers. Fun card but should probably cost at least 1 generic.
Nice numbers nice card. Had a good kek.
I really like it to be honest it's a blue path of sorts.
Would play in w/b spirits.
I like'm hate cards are fun when designed well.
I'm not sure how well this would work in casual, or even non recorded play for that matter, I think it'd be too easy to cheat and just say you don't have a counter.
Unironically pretty balanced, wouldn't destroy standard though. Can't really ever see it being played as a land though, and not being instant or sorcery means it can't be flashbacked. Would rotate out and see play in commander forever more.
I really like the flavor

Sorry to be that autist but i had the time. Overall pretty good cards, none outright bad but some boring.

What about it?

"Completely balanced"
I'd remove convoke on it.

Almost everything you said is fucking so fucking wrong. I hate you so fucking much 10/10 so fucking mad jesus christ

That's basically like a penalty box. A hockey-themed set would be hilarious. (And maybe bring back snow lands).

Wait a second. If you're not American, why are you measuring things in pounds?

yeah, and charmander evolves as it levels up.

>"colorless card". Then maybe it would be fine.
so i may basically grab any artifact from outside the game?

should enter with 3 loyality max otherwise the +1 is obiovusly broken but it's in flavor so good card

>I'm not sure how well this would work in casual, or even non recorded play for that matter, I think it'd be too easy to cheat and just say you don't have a counter.
You'd pretty much always cast it right before something you care about, so...

This just plain doesn't work going by the rules of the game.

>Unironically pretty balanced, wouldn't destroy standard though. Can't really ever see it being played as a land though, and not being instant or sorcery means it can't be flashbacked. Would rotate out and see play in commander forever more.
It's uncounterable Dismiss for one mana less and acts as a land if you really need it to do so. Power level is absurd

The quote on that card made me laugh a bit louder than I intended to.

Isn't the new legend rule fun.

Fucking ancient and off color.

Probably too strong, even looting would be a bit tricky as a one drop, maybe either scry or an additional cost?

This card probably requires a ton of rules wording, so much it may be too big to be a real card, but I dig what you are doing.

Mana abilities don't use the stack, I'm pretty sure, so I don't see what split second would do there.

I would Make Black Great Again

Is this an acceptable mechanic?

Derp

>deck thinning and free same turn multi-color
Whip it with a stick that shit's broke.

Compare it to Cold-Eyed Selkie or Shadow-Mage Infiltrator.
Also note that Blue gets 1-drop 1/1 fliers and that the phantasmal weakness generally discounts cards by around 2 generic mana.

It untaps it for you, just end the phase if mana denial is your angle.
More importantly... Wasteland, Horizon Canopy, Fetchlands, Ghost Quarters, Mouth of Ronom, etc.

>a fucking computer made such an elegant, flavorful card
Drowning the waves of progress..

Not sure about the exact abilities on this card, might tweak the numbers a bit.