>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

dflist.com/s/#/share/e9ae478830447
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More like new OP forgot the fucking title edition

This site is hopelessly cucked and I abandoned it long ago, I made the thread solely as a favor for a friend.

Who got banned for making a joke comparing Trump to the God-Emperor.

Sage for off-topic.

Call him a faggot for having such little faith in his fellow OPs

And then call yourself a faggot for actually using the term cucked.

How long does it take you guys to paint your ships?

UCM frigates take me about 20m each using 5 colors and some wash for the recessed areas.

Finally got my PHR battleship

Heracles or Minos?

>inb4 they announce a new race tomorrow or dreadnaughts.

A man can dream. ;_;

Alternatively if anyone has any tips on magnetizing the prow jaws, I'm not really feeling drilling resin when I don't have any easy outdoor areas to drill at

I like the Minos, personally, as while it doesn't have the stand-off power the Heracles has, two torpedoes and neutron missiles, not to mention the broadsides, give it some seriously dangerous oomph in close quarters.

The DMC is great, but I like some options, and it seems like hanging back to take advantage of the narrow fire arc death beam is not using it to its best.

Also, drilling resin (if you're using a manual hand drill like a drill press) isn't too bad - not gonna kick up any dust, so as long as the room your in has some sort of breeze or ventilation, you should be fine.

I prefer the Heracles.

>perform any order
>get crippled instantly
>laughing_posthumans.jpg

Neutron missiles, heavy broadsides and two torpedoes is a hell of an alpha strike...

God damnt guys

Im considering the Minos just because I love going balls deep with PHR and I figure a distraction carnifex upclose will save my bellepherons from notice for a while

Heracles snipes, Minos brawls. Depends on what you want.

I don't know what I want

I haven't tried the Minos yet, but oneshotting cruisers with the Heracles is amazing.

When I first saw it I assumed it would be best used to heap damage onto big ships, but it turns out it works best when you're just crippling/deleting a cruiser every turn.

You're making this really really difficult

>starter set
>Moscow, Berlin, Seattle, two Toulons, two Nawlins

>fighting urge to maximize points with multiple moscows
>fighting urge to replace Berlins with New Cairos as cheaper Laser-bearers
>full panic

help

Berlins are pretty legit compared to Cairos, they don't really pay that much to get 3+ armor and some non F(n) shooting

The default UCM starter is pretty optimized t b h, even toulons are pretty useful

I want a Shiba Inu, if that helps at all.

The problem is that both of them are good at two different things - it's not like the Beijing, which works both at range and in a brawl. It's specialized, like all the PHR ships.

You better learn to magnetize my friend, it's the only way to be sure you wont get butthurt down the line.

I feel like Cairos make it easier to pile more in, (squadron, etc) and big laser guns should always be sitting as far back as possible lighting things up anyway.

Noob from a few weeks back. My group finally pulled together all their little plastic dudes and we had our first games.

My shaltari played pretty much exactly like I hoped they would. I love the gate mechanics and how it lets me move things around. I had a LOT of fun dropping my little tanks directly onto some resistance Hannibals.

Also had a great tie against some Scourge. Interest in recaps of both games?

Berlins definitely have their strong points as laser platforms, it's not a case of one ship being superior to the other.

I'm actually surprised at how good internal balance is with most fleets. There's a few iffy choices like St Pete and Shenlong, but not many actual duds and most ships have their place in a fleet.

That doesn't stop them getting shot. Lasers are scary and that makes them priority targets, so while they will be sitting as far back as they can in most cases the opponent is still going to try quite hard to blow them up. Never underestimate the power of an active scan or a fast attack group.

They have the same scan and are going to get fucked, they also drift forward faster than berlins

Osakas are baller as fuck, New Cairos just arent a no brainer compared to a Berlin.

Also berlins are 1-2 while new Cairos are 2-3.

If your issue with the Berlin is that you can only have 6 of them in a line battlegroup instead of 9 Cairos, I have no idea how to follow your strategy.

True true, I'm trying to find my drillbit as we speak

>I have no idea how to follow your strategy.
All the lasers, all the time.

It has a really hard time once lines collide and mix.

Alright, trying to make a UCM list for just over 2x starter sets, tell me where I fucked up

--------------------------------------
Starter Set - 991pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR16 Vanguard battlegroup (305pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
1 x Rio - 105pts - M
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (196pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR15 Pathfinder battlegroup (382pts)
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (108pts)
2 x Santiago - 44pts - L

I have to agree with the other user. That extra 1" drift is remarkably game changing against Scourge and PHR. And if they get in your ranks you just die because they can course change chase you to death.

Plus only paying 17pts more for Berlins makes taking a couple less very worth it once you math hammer it out. It makes you far more flexible and doubles your chances of wiping out enemy cruisers in one pass when you FaW. Though lining up a FaW with BTLs is kinda tricky.

Pretty well balanced, even has Santiagos.

Consider moving the toulons to the Moscow group and the Lima into the Berlin group

anyone find it annoying each faction's ships all look so samey within each faction?

I do kinda hate that all UCM ships look like a big pair of tweezers.

ucm ships are upsidedown boats.

I'd switch around the frigates for groups 2 and 3. Jakartas are made to accompany brawlers while Toulons are good for general purpose midfield shit, and Berlins aren't meant for either of those things. New Orleans don't need to give a fuck about where the rest of their battlegroup is, so they can be with the Berlins and still do their job.

I like to think of them as wishbones ready to be snapped in half.

So as it turns out, if you glue the two nose pieces together (they naturally touch when put in position anyway) they'll actually "click" into the nose stub of the BB and stay quite strongly; no magnets required!

nah, The factions for Dropfleet are as follows: Mass Effect Assault Rifle Faction
Smug Dolphin Faction
Wizard Lion Fish Faction
Christmas Tree Ornament Faction

You cannot argue this at all.

Never touch tips.

when do the map packs ship?

No, the DFC factions are:
Mass Effect Gun Faction
Covenant Gun Faction
Disctrict 9 Gun Faction
... Prey? gun faction?

>Despite what some people have been saying, we are getting back to emails

Oh god, the bitchposting finally breached Hawk's mental point defenses. NOW WITNESS THE FIREPOWER OF BRITISH PASSIVE AGGRESSION, AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

>We might never get a season 3

>filling the sleeping giant that is the Anglo with terrible resolve
These fools know not of what they've done.

>spend 8 years clipping out sprues with wire cutters
>order a pair of Japanese model nippers on Black Friday
>after four weeks of waiting, spend an evening achieving miracles
I didn't know how difficult I was making this hobby for myself until today

Are they just flush cutters or what?

I would like to know more, I too am cursed with the cumbersome wire cutters.

Something Tamiya calls the Nipper Thin Blade Premium D-25. I'm surprised how fine the cut they produce is, and it doesn't seem to push material perpendicular anywhere near as much as my wire cutters. Cleanup has been really easy on these PHR frigates.

Once I finish these up the real test will be seeing if they can get Shaltari frigates off their sprue without losing two spines from every arch.

Shit, son. Welcome to the hobby. It seems expensive, but tool quality is something you do post for. The best side cutters I've seen are the Gunpla ones, though the to end of Xurons are almost as good and easier to find in the States.

Wait till you start pricing out W&N #7 brushes. But soooo with it.

I'm actually torn between budgeting in an airbrush or trying to git gud at hand brushing again. It's been a while since I felt satisfied with any manual brushwork of mine.

>tfw lost my wire cutters while moving apartments
>go to a local train store
>just grab some clippers, whatever
>notice later the receipt is for a larger amount than I expected
>$40 clippers
>feel like I got gypped
>they feel like sex to use, but $40 is still too much for this pleasure

thanks for reading my personal blog about buying some Xurons.

Sounds nice.

Feel free to post some, I always enjoy reading after-action reports.

Both? W&N Brushes aren't that expensive unless you're getting large sized ones, and unless you're getting a dozen at once budgeting an airbrush along side it should be possible.

The latter will be a couple hundred bucks for quality stuff, the brushes are a couple dozen at worst.

just drill it indoors and don't care. nothing will happen.

As the other user said, being good with both and using both on a model is the way to enlightenment.

Dreadnoughts when?

Hmm. I find myself in an interesting position where I'm not sure what to make with my spaceships

I currently have one battleship, one avalon, 6 cruisers and 8 frigates to make for my UCM fleet, and I'm not sure what sort of fleet to build.

comodore here building scourge...

12 frigates to build - what should I build? These ball joints dont click into place so can't swap them

>battleship
Pick one faget. They're all worth taking.

>6 cruisers
Make sure you have a Sanfran. Other than that it's up to you, though it's good to have both gun ships and laser ships in the fleet. Only things I'd really avoid at this point are St Petes (budget Avalon, you already have the real thing), Madrids (better as a later addition, get the basic stuff first) and Osakas (ditto, they take 2 sprues and while they're good ships they don't make a good core for your fleet)

>8 frigates
Build 4 New Orleans and 1 or 2 Limas right out of the gate, you'll need them. Beyond that I'm not too sure. All the frigates are worthwhile in their niche.

I've bookmarked 1 seattle 1 sanfran as the cruisers, 2 lima to go with the avalon.

I never liked the pete to begin with so that's out. Maybe a moscow and 2 toulons as cruiser 3 and last of the frigates- as if I don't have enough frigates to make proper toulon / taipei / osakas as flanker offensives, its better to make things up as a solid central brawler force.

And then if I go for a force like that, maybe a rio and a berlin for more bulk and laser power, as I guess I don't want cairos as while cairos are all good they're also flanker shots so dont work for the core.

Which 1 of each would leave me with 1 spare cruiser

and then just the BB, as I like them all so can't pick which- I could get a beijing and go for the hammerblow tactic of "I have an avalon, moscow and beijing all going max power on your fleet. You aren't going to be able to kill off everything, so pick and choose wisely.

NY gives me extra carrier power and the torps so is good for murder of priority enemies, although I don't like it as much as the other just because I like many guns.

And then tokyo is less gun but better ground control by mass fucking up of enemy clusters.

Eh, Cairos can work. The role change between Rio and Osaka is very significant because Rio is a brawler, and that requires toughness and weapons free firepower that Osaka simply doesn't have. On the other hand Cairo and Berlin have basically the same role with some minor differences since laser cruisers generally like to stay back when they can. The extra guns and armour on Berlin are useful to have, but they don't change the purpose of the unit.

Tbh so long as you aren't making Tokyo your BB you could probably afford to take a Madrid, you've got a pretty solid foundation of cruisers if the Avalon is taken into account. Maybe consider picking up a frigate box though, 6/8 isn't a great ratio and a lot can be done with a full group of Toulons or Taipeis.

R8 & H8
And the saint Pete stays, I love that ship.

--1496--
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (229pts)
2 x Lima - 74pts - L
1 x St Petersburg - 155pts - H

SR9 Line battlegroup (240pts)
2 x Santiago - 44pts - L
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (222pts)
2 x Madrid - 158pts - M

SR8 Line battlegroup (177pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (284pts)
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR10 Pathfinder battlegroup (344pts)
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L
2 x Jakarta - 64pts - L
dflist.com/s/#/share/e9ae478830447

Yeah, I will want a frigate box some point soon to round my forces out, it would let me get more support with jakartas and then let me get toulons and taipeis as my outrider units for flanking etc.

But as it is, Im thinking.

BB

Avalon
Moscow
Seattle
Sanfran
Rio
Berlin + Seattle #2 / Madrid
or
2X Cairo
4X New Orleans
2X Lima
2X Toulon, probably attached to moscow or rio.
couple of corvette conversions.

And then just a matter of expanding things- future frigates for bulking out my outriders, and maybe one or two more cruisers for more troops.

Why are the frigate minis so inferior to the cruiser?

Because you cannot appreciate true beauty.

You are a little short on troop ships/strike carriers

Hmm, if I do berlin, cruiser #6 could be a second sanfran for 2 troops 4 carriers.

I'm not sure the ship numbers are appropriate for a proper 1500pt fleet anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. There's more than enough troop presence for a skirmish.

The agreed upon number for objectives ships at 1500 seems to 1-2 Troop and 4-8 Strike.

Though you are right that for skirmish you should be fine.

Wouldn't 2&8 be half or more of your points?

Its a mixture of that. So like 1 Troop ship and 6 carriers would be fine. Or 2 Troop ship and 4 carriers.

>Full Speed a Wyvern last activation first turn
>Delete a Cruiser first activation next turn
Scourge is love, Scourge is life

>Mfw rolling a 5+6 on 2d6 consistently on that plasma storm

Mooorrrre Frigates!

Damn good looking scheme user, I like it a lot.

I want to copy it.

Just use the weapons from mass effect as a guide

Yeah, bit I feel bad emulating someone's oc donut steel color scheme.
Even if they haven't said it's oc donut steel.

Bump

Give us a break down of how you painted them!

Obligatory 'still have not received shipping confirmation or received email from Hawk' post.

Making these is what keeps my interest in the game up.

>microwaves intensify

Flash Fry Shaltari - 1487pts
Shaltari - 4 launch assets

SR17 Flag battlegroup (350pts)
1 x Diamond - 270pts - S
+ High Starchief (100pts, 5AV)
2 x Opal - 80pts - L

SR22 Vanguard battlegroup (410pts)
1 x Jet - 165pts - H
1 x Jet - 165pts - H
2 x Opal - 80pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (245pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
1 x Basalt - 145pts - M

SR11 Line battlegroup (190pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (96pts)
2 x Amethyst - 96pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (96pts)
2 x Amethyst - 96pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Bruh steal away. A good scheme is a good scheme.

WHERE ARE THE FURRY COCKS I WAS PROMISED?

There are none you faggot.

user delivers!

Take your degenerate fetishes elsewhere. I bet you all support the jellies too. Disgusting.

>furry
>very obviously fuzzy

I've got a very pretty Wyvren sitting upside down on my desk showing off her curves.

Original Scheme Do Not Steal.

Seriously though, its a really simple 4 color with a wash and 2 splash colors, wash painted.

P3 White
P3 Ironhull Grey,
P3 Greatcoat Grey
GW Administratum grey

wash with nuln oil after highlight. Ink the cracks with more nuln oil and re white those white areas.

apply red splash, and arcane blue on engines and railgun barrels.

I thought I was left for dead and my stuff arrived this morning.

Don't give up hope, user.

Is there a cuter flanking team than Osakas and Toulons? I think there is not.

MY ORDER IS HERE /DCG/
FINALLY HERE.
got three ucm starter fleets and two battle cruisers.
what should i do with them?

2x Moscow
3x Berlin
2x Madrid
2x San Fran
Avalon, Atlantis
4 Toulon, 4 Nawlins, 2 Lima, 2 Jakarta

>2 battlecruisers, 9 cruisers, 12 frigates
Avalon
Atlantis
Moscow
2x Berlin
2x Osaka
Madrid
San Francisco
2x Seattle
4x Nawlins
2x Toulon
2x Taipei
2x Jakarta
2x Lima

>Atlantis
it only came with the parts to make the avalon
i am also missing my launch assets did i get fucked here?

So you got two Avalons? That's pretty good, senpai.
Also, depends; did you take launch assets as a bolt on?

>Also, depends; did you take launch assets as a bolt on?
yep
wish my two up had stands

>no pledge
>no reply
>no hope
Who else here a member of the #lostHundred? :,^)

Thinking this for my collection.
UCM:
Battleship - Modular (all 3, magnetized)
Avalon
Atlantis
Moscow
Berlin
Seattle
San Francisco
4x Modular Cruiser (magnetized lower chin, snap-in top block for engine, with extra parts for 2 light cruisers, or 3 normal cruisers or 1 carrier)

6x New Orleans
4x Taipei
4x Toulon
4x Lima
4x Jakarta

One more sprue of frigates that'll probably become Toulons

4x scratchbuilt Santiagos.

Its Christmas here in New Zealand... Can we all get comfy in here with our ships?

I am not sure what that means in your slang down there Kiwi.

Are you trying to say you want to open a bottle of wine and get busy with your ship girls?

Gonna name my PHR after forgotten slaughtered Illiad spear-carriers at this rate.