Conflict

Has anyone ever run this? Pathfinder as a competitive wargame.

>Pathfinder as a competitive wargame

>pathinder as a competitive wargame.

Ok let me guess what happens.

>initiative
>wizard goes first. casts sleep on fighter.
>coup de grace.

Patfinder as a compatible wargame

Sounds cool but I'd wish that they would make her final role-playing game first.

why on earth would you want to do that

>Pathfinder as a competitive wargame.

Yep this book was completely and totally necessary.

This sounds incredibly silly.

PDF where?

This sounds like an amazing clusterfuck

I've been looking online for a few minutes, can't find it anywhere unless I want to spend money.

>op asks if anyone has ever run it
>Every single post is just shitposting about pathfinder
>Veeky Forums

Though I've never run it either and have never even heard of it.

Well he should have asked in the pathfinder general. Why on earth would anyone that doesn't play pathfinder have ever used this?

Why would anyone who plays PF have used it?

>just shitposting about pathfinder
Even if you are the sort of troglodyte who likes Pathfinder as an RPG you must admit that it would make an absolutely nightmarishly bad PvP game.

I admit I'm morbidly curious about it.

Same. I did a little reading on it, and while the concept is somewhat intriguing from a design perspective, everything from "bring in those weird, munchkin-y builds no sane DM would let you use" to "PFS compatible" makes it sound like all the worst aspects of the system.

I own a copy but haven't played it. I should point out that it's not just fighting each other. They have a bunch of mini games where you might compete with your opponent to get a sentient, antagonistic ball into your end zone or maybe you have two teams competing to kill the most zombies. But you only get points for every blue zombie (regardless of who kills them) and they get points for every red zombie.

A game that I occasionally coGM is going to use it, so I'll finally get a chance to run these

So its basically a game of who can out munchkin each other?

Seems to be a breakaway from the usual GM outmunchkining.

This isn't too out of whack considering Pathfinder is the distant descendant of an actual wargame, but you would need a bunch of players; 10 at least to make it fun.

I guess nobody plays martials

They aren't shitposts about pathfinder, you mongoloid. They're about the idea of having a competitive PvP book. Pathfinder has little to do with it.