If you're measuring your profits in terms of USD instead of BTC, you're doing it wrong

>If you're measuring your profits in terms of USD instead of BTC, you're doing it wrong

Why do these fucking retards exist? Most crypto analysis correlates with USD for large cap coins, not BTC. For very small cap coins that might be true though it doesn't really matter.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

No one cares. Stop making these threads you autistic chipmunk fucker.

It's because they're delusional faggots.
I remember on slashdot where some guy spoke as if BTC was "knocking USD's shit around" "taking USD to the woodshed" etc because BTC's value was going up.
What does it matter that USD trades trillions of dollars more in a day than the entire market cap of bitcoin?

>Why do these fucking retards exist?
They just trade shitcoins on yobit so btc value is all that matters to them.
They dont have the funds to margin trade fiat pairs like a big boy.

I don’t BTC faggot I want real money. ETH, LTC & XRP dwarf BTC gains.

Should I always measure my gains in btc or should I just measure my gains in a currency relative to the currency I traded it for (so often eth for example)?

You've got the two switched around bucko.

>crypto analysis
top kek.
you measure youre profit in btcs because thats the market average

Exactly.

When BTC goes up, most altcoins stay relatively the same in terms of USD and most analysis on them can be done in USD, especially coins with fiat pairs and volume mostly in fiat.

The "let's measure it in sats" crap is a meme when BTC is this high.

The only good thing Bitcoins can buy is US currency.

The second one really but what I'm saying is that you should do your analysis, like technical analysis, against USD. Measuring in terms of BTC won't help.

Sorry, did you just get here?

The market generally moves around USD prices and simply adjusts with some lag against BTC as people arbitrage it on exchanges.

Why wouldn't it?

hahahaha someone's a butthurt shitcoiner. If you're losing on sats you're losing money. What did you use to buy the shitcoin with?

BTC.

>not measuring in sats

I'll lay this out for you pathetic brainlets.

If you fail to increase your sat value with your trades/shitcoin holds, you would have been better off simply holding bitcoin the entire time.

BTC is the standard. If you're doing better than it, great. Otherwise, you're losing. Comparing to fiat is meaningless

EXACTLY.

so? btc performance is the benchmark, like the S&P500 is the benchmark for stocks

New alts on Coinbase will change the game. Screencap this post.

>t. have literally bought in for BTC only once.

NEETs hate Fiat because it's associated with "normies".

So what? Nobody makes perfect trades. If you doubled your money, but could have tripled it with bitcoin, you didn't make the best possible trade. To then say that doubling your money was a bad trade is literally retarded. If the trade made you fiat, it was successful. If it made you BTC and fiat, you made the best possible trade. People forget, however, that bitcoin isn't invincible. Probably haven't been around long enough to see a (real) bear market, where suddenly trading by satoshi literally loses you money.

>New alts
but Ripple Dash and Eth Classic are not new....

Given BTC has a very good chance of dying, why on earth would anyone hold to that perspective?

Measuring your portfolio in BTC is only a measure of relative performance against a strategy of holding only Bitcoin.

It does not reflect the purchasing power of your assets because the only actual thing bitcoin is really used for is to exchange it for fiat.

Money is something that can be exchanged for goods or services. Most goods or services are only purchasable in fiat, so the dollar is the only truly relevant measure.

Again, measuring your portfolio in BTC is only a measure of how your strategy compares to another investment strategy. It does not reflect in any way how those assets translate into the real world.

The reasoning is more to see if you ‘beat the market’ i.e. did you make more trading vs. if you just held bitcoin. It’s literally this simple and nothing to autistically screech about.

>measuring in $
Stay poor newfags

because if you pot a shitcoin at 2k sat. and then bitcoin halved in value overnight while your shitcoin hit 3k sat. You lost money. USD is the best unit of account next to your local currency. Sticky prices are set in your currency. If your asset stays at the same $ and BTC is changing treat it as such. don't pretend anything is happening to your asset.

>if you pot a shitcoin at 2k sat. and then bitcoin halved in value overnight while your shitcoin hit 3k sat.
id like you to find a single shitcoin where this happened.
bitcoin dumps and shitcoins dump harder

Jesus fuck, how long have you stared at the charts in your life if you haven't seen that. That's why you need to see which coin goes up % wise in bitcoin. That's the one which is actually gaining something. Dollar value is completly irrelevant

If you measure in USD you are lying to yourself. BTC is the benchmark. Ever since I started in 2013 everyboday measured in satoshis, its you newcomers who dont quite get it - the goal of even touching shitcoins is to stack BTC thats what will land you in lamboland

>If you would have held X instead of Y you could have made more money

Shitoshi pushers whole argument hinges on hindsight and fortune telling and it's fucking stupid

here is the thing, if you measure in USD you will not only make less money in usd, you will probably make losses or feel like you did.

Measuring in btc means you're always obtaining more btc as a target, reguardless of the price of btc in usd, this leads to much bigger gains as btc has always gone up historically.

Put simply, if you made $100 usd with crypto trading you might feel good and be done for the day, you might even sleep in usd or tether inbetween trades.

If you measure in btc you might have only made 0.1 btc, but in one year the price of that 0.1 btc goes up massively. you always trying to achieve more btc, never cashed out, and so are richer today.

im glad to hear so many of biz making these rookie mistakes like measuring in usd and doing so with arrogance.

it might be why its so easy to make profits for real traders right now.

Kys

This, you can even take it to the logical extreme and decouple dollar value from value in the abstract

Except none of you bitcoin cultists ever actually defend your arguments and just say "i will make le more money". Tell me how "you could have done this" isn't pure hindsight?

You COULD have just bought Bitcoin in 2010 but you didn't so I guess you're trading at a loss huh?

Bitcoin is too volatile to measure in.