99% of the world's population will die

99% of the world's population will die.

You get US$1.508 trillion to build a program to test people who will live. It can be whatever you want, but there is only a year for each person to go through it.

So, how do you decide who "passes"?

Can I choose to be part of the 99% who die instead?

Every JAV idol, best scientists and me

Me? I'll have crablegs.

everyone who is in the top few percent of humanity in terms of physical fitness, intelligence, morals, lack of genetic diseases, and sociability gets to live. You have to pass ALL the tests to live.

The physical fitness test is pretty standard stuff. Running, push-ups, etc etc. Anyone who's been in public education or the military should understand this. Sort out the fit from the fat and infirm.

The intelligence test is also pretty standard, and will take into account education and skills in addition to just raw IQ shit.

The moral test is just asking people if they think killing the lower 99% of humanity to improve the lives of the top 1% is a moral thing to do. If they answer yes, they fail and will be killed.

The genetics test is literally just a genetics test. As few diseases as possible, please.

The sociability test is the last one, and amounts to putting people in a boring waiting room with others, making them wait for the results of the other tests, and seeing how they cope, and help others cope, with seeing the failures dragged off to the death pits.

Might as well go full eugenics if we're gonna' kill everyone anyways.

There's only one real answer here.

Have every person on earth roll a D100 and only the people who roll 100 can live. Only 1 roll per person.

Let chance decide.

I spend half the money creating an impassable underground base where I can sustain myself and live in luxury for 100 years.
The rest of the money goes to creating a program for manufacturing domesticated catgirls.
Then I take the catgirls and live in my underground mansion until I die.

Rolled 13 (1d100)

rollan

I get to decide? How delightfully absurd.

GLADIATORIAL COMBAT! En masse. Starting with the children.

Interlopers are summarily executed. Those that refuse to participate are left to die. And of course it's all televised, it practically goes without saying.

The real question is who's dumb ass idea was it to put me in charge of this?

Forgot to roll for myself

Rolled 6 (1d100)

>Every man dies (except me, and trans)
>Ask each woman if they find me attractive
>if they answer no, they die
>if they are too ugly they die too

So basically Battle Royale then?

Damn

>That sociability test
Good job giving the last surviving hope of humanity even deeper PTSD watching other contestants dragged away to the death squads.

I hope I don't die!

The test is surviving me trying to kill you. Then I take my money and buy an island. If the governing body for this arbitrary charade starts getting fed up with my excuse of "I'm getting around to it" I'll hunt down somebody I know is a piece of shit every year or two

Time viewing machine that tells me whether a given person is among the survivors.

Checkmate OP.

I use the money to instead create an incredibly rigorous and versatile cloning technology, because if 99% of the world's population dies, we will die off as a species.

>The moral test is just asking people if they think killing the lower 99% of humanity to improve the lives of the top 1% is a moral thing to do. If they answer yes, they fail and will be killed.

>they fail the test even though this is effectively what you're doing

If society is to survive and maybe even retain current levels, one needs to do the following:

1) Analyze Global Infrastructure. What we need is to determine the smallest selfsustaining System
>> This includes Agricultural works as well as Mining, Ore Processing and heavier Industry

These are the foremost people we need to save. We need to keep this circle as small as possible. It needs to be geographically more or less contained in order to make it rather survivable, large transit corridors are shit when this scenario occurs.

Secondary Focus is Scientists, but this one is rather easy, we just grab them off of Universities and the such, Computer Scientists are possibly the most valuable of all, as it would be their domain to preserve Internet Architecture and Archives: Most of our Knowledge is Online or in Computers, preserving that Knowledge has utmost priority.

1% of the worlds population is still 70 million people more or less, no? I would elect to preserve entire countries if possible, as they will naturally form a culturally cohesive bond. Therefore, the following are the most likely scenarios:

>>> Preserve First World Nations and Lifestyle
Quite Possibly Germany is the goto choice there. They still have mining operations, a very large middle class, lots of proper workforce with an education far superior to most of their peers in the rest of the first world ( that is, bluecollar; Electricians and the Like ), they also have a huge industrial base and can self-sustain with Agriculture.
>> Primary Problem: Germany has been switching to renewable Energies and away from both fossile fuels as well as nuclear power. Right now, Powergrid Integrity in Germany is absolutely dependant on foreign (atomic or fossile) power being provided by it's neighbours to balance out the unstable current provided by renewable Energies.
>> Secondary Problem: Immigrants, Mudshits, Muslims, depravity and cultural degeneration over the last 70 years

I use that money to hunt down the OP with a drone and kill him for the crime of being a faggot.

continued:

>>> Preserve Humanity in General
in this case, self sustaining and rather isolated countries with contained industry are best suited for survival. Candidates for this would be:
> North Korea
> Kuba
> Australia
as those will be able to sustain themselves and are rather used to isolation ( Australia due to it's remoteness, the DPKR and Kuba due to political Isolation and Sanctions having already forced these two countries to adopt isolationist and autark infrastructure and industrial bases )

Within a given Community, be it Germany, or DPKR or Kuba or Australia, you'd have to keep the following alive:
> Workforce
> Women to replenish population, obviously
> Children to grow up and fill the ranks

Least valuable and suited to be sacrificed in excess of the 70 or so million of people you can provide survival for would be:
> cripples
> elderly
> unemployed
> migrants
> foreigners
from within these above mentioned societies.

Gather all human knowledge: books, movies, everything. Harvest the eggs from every woman and the sperm of every man. Create a storage facility that can hold all of that genetic material indefinitely. Preserve the top scientists and doctors. Everyone else does. Next the scientists and doctors rebuild the human race with randomly selected pairs of sperm and eggs. Humanity interbreeds becoming one race.

easy just run a psychological profiling test and the ones who are most likely to be inclined to follow my orders may live.

>So, how do you decide who "passes"?
I don't I stop who's or what is going to kill 99% of the world's population.

Rolln for da 00

>The moral test is just asking people if they think killing the lower 99% of humanity to improve the lives of the top 1% is a moral thing to do. If they answer yes, they fail and will be killed.

Kill yourself moralfag.

>Might as well go full eugenics if we're gonna' kill everyone anyways.

Implying you little monkey brain know what traits to select to ensure long term human survival.

Clearly I will design a computer program to calculate the perfect candidates and a series of automated robotic drones.

Once the disaster is nearly upon us, I will read out the list of those that will survive.
It will hardly be my fault that, once completed, it is revealed that the list of candidates selected by the computer includes only nubile, attractive young women and myself.
Computers, right?
Anyway, those automated robotic drones?
They'll be protecting me and the other selected.
I am sorry for all your tragic, unavoidable deaths.

user I love science but you're going to need a better variety of people than that if you want the human race to be able to survive. Being good at research doesn't make you good at the rest of the shit people need to do for a society to function.

this man understands

>kill yourself moralfag
yes that is the intention of that particular test, to get rid of everyone involved in killing most of the population. They (we?) are clearly not to be trusted with the reigns of power, considering they (we?) just committed the worst atrocity in human history.

>Implying you little monkey brain know what traits to select to ensure long term human survival.
Physical and mental strength, social behavior, and a lack of genetic disease, obviously. You don't need to be some transcendent being to figure that shit out.

I would build a bomb that would kill 99% of the worlds population

Rolled 119817 (1d1000000)

>Physical and mental strength, social behavior, and a lack of genetic disease, obviously. You don't need to be some transcendent being to figure that shit out.

So unspecific that any can be vomit out that cabbage. Individual doesn't matter, our strength is the ability to work on group.

I will simply take the top 10% of human in term of individual using test similar to yours. I will then randomly assign them into group of 50/50 sex ratio. I will then have them fight war against each other until only 1% is left.

Human behavior are result of group selection, not individual selection.

Wait, shouldn't the first step be to just kill half the world's population?
After all, we don't want the unlucky people surviving.

Rolled 80 (1d100)

This.

We don't need unlucky people in our better world.

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Nah. Seven billion minus two zeroes is 70 million. That's more then enough to sustain a population. Hell, that's the total population of Europe during 13th century.

Using time and money i create the most efficient cloning labs possible and create 66,000,000 fetuses, give them legal status then plug the cord.

Technically, 99% of population just died.

>pull the cord*
derp

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Benis :DDD

>Just because I'm doing it means it's actually moral

kys

Rolled 74 (1d100)

I accept my demise.

But the human race will go extinct when every woman is killed for either being too ugly or thinking your fugly ass is fugly.

Collect the genetics of the 70-80 million sexiest women on the planet.

Give myself the best longevity treatments money can buy.

Vat-grow clones of all of them. Raise them to be my daughter-wives.

Murder everyone else.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

I wonder, will I dream?

Why are we discussing this in Veeky Forums?

The test is whoever has had my dick inside them will live

So that makes what, 3 other people?

Money Money MONEY!!!!!

Then you choose randomly on the lowest class of hobos.

You're needlessly restricting the gene pool, dumbass. Have fun with your horrific emergent genetic invalidity.

>african proto-kangdoms
veni, vidi, risi

>that image

what setting is this? some science fantasy alt-history?

are you sure your mother cunts for that?

>"It's not about death, but life."

This.

I get the feeling most people here actually understand how many people will survive.

Completely homogenise the batch and use a random number generator.

The real world.

>So, how do you decide who "passes"?
I select a group of cities that already have the means for the production of goods and instructed people.

3 big working cities>best of the best of genetics scattered across the globe that may or may not know how to pass shit to the following generations.

It's aut/his/m

Rolled 56 (1d100)

I was never any good at living anyway.

GAS THE FINNS

HYPER WAR NOW

I take me and all my friends here on Veeky Forums, so the entire board user base!

Except the mods, they die. The janitor gets to live, but as a forced literal janitor.

I LOVE YOU WINTER-CHAN

Wait, so people are promoting this as history? Not as a joke or part of some sci-fi channel series?

this

thanks bro

> Check Google
> World Population according to Google is 7.4 Billion.
> So, remaining population after the cataclysm will be roughly 74 million.
> US Population is 318.9 million.
So, everyone in the US, because I live there.
> 127.3 million in Japan.
So, Japan, because they make a bunch of stuff I like. That comes to about 446.2 accounted for.
> Canada's about 35.16 million, Britain's about 64.1 million.
So, those guys, because they always seemed pretty chill in the last century or so. That comes to about 545.46.

After that, I feel like I have inadvertently skewed heavily towards white people so far, so unless I'm given cause to do otherwise I'll probably just take samples from other countries purely for the sake of acting as genetic livestock. Probably aiming for people of above average intelligence, creativity, or athletic ability, or women with enlarged posteriors because you handed me the keys to the apocalypse and I ain't gotta explain shit to you.

I guess Australia's kind of fucked.

This.

>> US Population is 318.9 million.
>So, everyone in the US, because I live there.
Huh?
You can only save 74 million, not 318.9 million.
Do you even understand what OP said?

He's from the US. Their education system is a fucking joke.

> So, how do you decide who "passes"?
They fight each other to death until only one remains.
No, not one percent.
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

That explains everything.

At one point there were fewer than 5000 humans. 70 million is more than enough to repopulate assuming there werent extra threats after the 99% purge

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Let me live plz

You need three more zeroes buddy

dice+1d100

>allowing 74,000,000 human to live
Nah buddy we all goin' down.

See, this guy has the right idea. Nobody lives.

Its a troll. Clearly

>66,000,000
That's less than 1% of the human population.

You'd need 732,600,000,000 fetuses.

>Putting a computer geek in charge of who lives and who dies
I feel like there are a lot of problems with this idea.
Probably something like do some research on the optimal distribution of occupations in human societies, find outstanding members of such occupations, and fill up our quota until we hit 70 million, then slot the remaining 4 million with 'wild card' people to fill in any major discrepancies.
I'd die for sure, unless they wanted me around to ask why I did it. But I'd need a vote from the 70 million chosen as to whether they wanted to keep me or not. If more than 31.73 percent want to kick me (I know one-half would be a cinch due to the fact I set up the system that picked them), I stay go.

By price. You know I'm right.

You'll die first.

Refuse and tell them to do their own damn dirty work.

Just pick a couple of small countries that get to survive. Iceland, Denmark, Finland and Holland or something like that.

Rolled 45, 1 = 46 (2d100)

Can I bring my lover?

(You) #
I... Apparently not.
This is what happens when you get greedy with the dice gods.

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Just fyi, the dice engine is bugged and literally has an average roll of 66.6 when rolling d100

>mfw when you doubt me after I literally crunched a few hundred rolls over the course of two months

>Def Leppard rocks: True or False?

user have you lost your calculator?

Or had a stroke?

>not selecting people based on a normal population distribution
>not selecting people based on fertility
>selecting for variables
>selecting for intelligence

thiskillsthegenome.jpg

>leave australia devoid of human presence

Fool! The gates shall fall, and the living will envy the dead

Rolled 39 (1d100)

I like how this guy thinks

Meant to quote Clearly i don't deserve to live

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Just 100? Sure

>a few hundred
>sample size

I would conceive a test that measures fertility/virility, alongside altruism and selfishness. Only the good people who are young enough to still have relatively healthy children are allowed to live. People with crippling genetic disorders, latent or active, are right out.

It'll be a better world on multiple accounts, albeit one that I have no place in personally. The height of their technology matters less to me than the fact that they're living for each other, as well as for themselves.

>Iceland to Scotttland
>Europe
that's the Atlantic Ocean.