How does a non Force Sensitive PC beat a Jedi/Sith?

How does a non Force Sensitive PC beat a Jedi/Sith?
They can't block traditional bullets, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus
youtube.com/watch?v=sISGRCgJDhA
youtu.be/UPeI4mX8Nus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Traditional bullets

slug throwers, put them against non plot relevant jedi (who die in droves to the likes of grevious) make them be actually cunning, disable the pre cognitive shit, generally don't play jedi like they do in the movies, which revolves around THE most powerful users.

A scattergun or a flamethrower, assuming you must do it with a gun rather than just blowing them up. Traditional bullets will get lightsaber'd.

Even then that won't get all of them, Vader can catch blaster shots in mid-air using nothing but the Force, but it's a good bet for anyone that isn't Vader-stronk.

'nades, crashing a ship into them, ship covered in 'nades crashing into them.

guys
what if
okay hear me out now
guys
we take a blaster
are you following me?
guys listen
we take a blaster
and we give it 3 barrels
hey
hey listen
we give it 3 barrels that all shoot at once
okay
and we aim it at the jedi
guys
we aim it at the jedi okay?
and then we fire it
the jedi can only block 2 shots at most, the third one will hit them
it's geometry

depends on system. In the old d6 a flamer or electro net works well but in fantasy flights you can pretty much just shoot them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus

Trickery, mind games, gadgets/gear, planning.

Transport them into 40k.

Like this
youtube.com/watch?v=sISGRCgJDhA

You know how in five vader takes multiple hits from lukes lightsaber? that armor how, with a rapid fire blaster or as stated above, flame thrower, nades. or you could gas the fucker

Normal blaster rigged to empty the entire power cell into a single wide, barely-coherent beam. Drown everything in front of you in dice whether it blocks some or don't. Then you get called out on abusing the crafting rules even thought it was the only point any of could could see in them. What did he think, that we'll each build our own C-Creepio and have them fight in an arena to see which one is the highlander.

>WITH YOUR BARE HANDS

Concussive weapons.
Scatter shot.
Wide beams.
Simultaneous multi-directional shots.
Gravity-weaponry.
Direct mind-assault weapons.

Traps are your best bet though.
Such as sabotaging all of the escape pods, and crashing whatever ship you're on, into a planet.

He only killed 4 Jedi directly, at least.

Any kind of blaster shotgun or automatic fire would likely overwhelm their blade blocking. Barring that, grenades, flamethrowers, planting explosives before the fight starts, poisonous gasses, etc. would give them a hard time if not royally fuck them over.

This.

I'm also fairly sure HK-47 provides a number of tactics in KotOR.

how many survivors though?

They can, and do, block slug throwers all the time.

The way to beat Force users are:
- Sonic weapons (loud noises, etc.)
- Concussive force
- Nets (less useful if they have a lightsaber)
- Flamethrowers (make sure you're wearing flame-retardant clothing just in case they find a way to turn it back on you)
- Droid sniper (no aggressive intent, making it harder to sense to incoming shot)

They don't.

If you're playing in a non-shit era, there are no Jedi and the only Sith are Vader and Palpatine, who you shouldn't be fighting anyway.

Jedi? By taking advantage of their sentimentality to pull them into a trap.

Sith? By taking advantage of their arrogance to pull them into a trap.

You see where I'm going with this?

Twilek slave market.

Expanded Universe novels have thrown up a few novel methods.

-Flechette launchers which fire tens of darts/shards per shot
-Hard sound projectors which fry eardrums
-Putting a timed bomb in your pistol so when the Jedi/Sith force-grabs it, the weapon explodes in their hand
-Ysalamiri

Also a sack of doorknobs. They slash the sack but then the fucking doorknobs

>and the only Sith are Vader and Palpatine, who you shouldn't be fighting anyway.

I played in the Rebellion era once and eventually beat one and killed the other. Though I will grant you that my character was Force-sensitive and used a lightsaber pike. She out-dueled Vader and forced him into retreat; never saw him again. Personally I presume him dead.

The Emperor was killed through strictly non-Force means. Namely, I don't care how Force sensitive or powerful with the Dark Side you are, when you're on a planet that has the smashed hulks of thirty or so Star Destroyers transformed into RKVs crashing into it at around one-tenth the speed of light, you die. And so do the other hundred billion or so people on the planet.

...yeah, my character was not a good person. People who manage to get the title of "Mandalore" rarely are.

Listen to this droid.

Out-philosophy them. Not really hard, but may backfire.

Firing lines and/or fully automatics.

DO what HK-47 did. Sonic screamers or other distracting things so they can't use their Force in the precious few seconds they have for you to kill them, poison gas or 1-sec-left grenades they can't throw back at you, mine the place to shit, flambe that motherfucker with flamethrowers, use their families or friends as shields, and stay out of lightsaber range.

So how did you deal with his clone bodies?

Prequel Jedi, EU Jedi, or Original Trilogy Jedi?

It's all the same cheese to me.

for prequels, go all out, gas, bombs, full auto weapons, sonic, everything, because those fuckers are precognicent and if your fighting them as a significant obstacle, they WILL be a jedi master, if only in power, and they can call in backup. If Original trilogy, a jedi knight, ie Luke, be very careful, but don't break the bank on it, as he has no back up.

Mando-wank is probably the thing that bothers me most about Star Wars EU

Honestly, Jango, one of the deadliest bounty hunters in the galaxy, going berserk on a bunch of Jedi who mostly have their backs turned, are fighting someone else or are scrub level doesn't seem that bad to me. Saying that *every* Mandalorian could do this, or that Mandalorians are better fighters than Jedi is dumb, but Jango's supposed to be a crazy dangerous badass in full battle mode against some dudes who are not super impressive by Jedi standards.

This.
People often think that all jedi are like the ones featured in the movies and media as stars, ie knights at the least, masters more often than not.
At a point in time where there are thousands of jedi, taking down a few scrubs is impressive as an outlier, but doesn't reflect on the setting.

Just use fucking anything. A fucking flamer will do just fine, or a shotgun. It's just a guy with a glowing laser dildo and some telekinesis. Fucking send an eversor assasin with a new Linkin Park album at him.

This has to be bait

They've also got precog and the reflexes and speed to use it.

They can. Bounty Hunters have done it before; ever heard of Order 66?

The problem is that the Lucas Films movies and that The Force Unleashed game portrayed force sensitives as godlike powerful and unbeatable

Literally fan fiction tier.

Thanks senpai.
I'm firmly of the opinion that Jedi should be formidable, but not invincible.
Old Legends had it that one of the best ways to kill a Jedi... was to just distract him, and have somebody shoot him from behind.
Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Yoda, those guys are fucking legends. Most Jedi could style on most enemies, but they're far from being the beasts that the stories revolve around.
Remember, when Mace leads a strike force against the arena on Geonosis, they lose to an army of battle droids and need the clones to come and rescue them.
To be fair, Eversor assassins are pretty fuckin' top tier. These guys are supposed to go after Jedi equivalents on the regular and succeed, including enemies who can see the future, enemies in armor designed to survive radioactive wastelands, T-rex bug creatures, etc.

We've had plenty of jedi get gunned down by regular blasters and blaster rifles on screen in episode 2 and 3. People are just dumbasses who confuse the plot armor on the protagonists with "all jedi pull this shit all day". You can shoot a jedi dead with a blaster if he's not a skywalker, kenobi, yoda or otherwise important to the plot at this very moment.

youtu.be/UPeI4mX8Nus

Sith is just a fancy title that the biggest faggot darksider in the room uses.

Any force using shucklefuck can be a darksider just like any able-bodied person can go into a rage and lash out at others indiscriminately. Doesn't mean they're any good at it nor does it mean they have the slightest idea of what they're doing. The Sith seem to be a religion and set of practices and teachings that allow them to make use of the darkside as more than just a bezerk lunatic or an idiot unwittingly playing with napalm.

Nope.

Didn't. The campaign ended with the assault on Anaxes the Fortress World and the RKV'ing of it while the Emperor was there. By that point my character was, as mentioned, styling herself as Mandalore the Forge, and leading a renewed Crusade against the Empire. Since The Forge had been a Mandalorian Wars-era Mandalorian who had been frozen in carbonite for ~4,000 years, she had a different sort of outlook on how Mandalorians should act as compared to the modern ones; namely she was actively recruiting new people into the Crusade and making them Mandalorian.

I was basically placing Space Distaff Atilla the Khan.

(The entire character concept began because we were playing d20 Saga, rolling for stats, and I swear on my life my starting scores were something to the effect of 18, 18, 17, 16, 14, 14. Those stats were too good to NOT roll up a Force-using Mandalorian or some other Mary Sue-esque Conan-like character, so I just went all in)

Oh, don't pretend like retarded shit hasn't happened in your campaigns. We all had fun; that's what matters.

Literally and figuratively wrong.

Jedi and Sith have ZERO defense against wide beam weapons like microwaves or gamma wave 'guns' that simply irradiate a wide area of space. They can't be blocked, they can't be dodged, you just flick a switch and they're FUCKED.

So just get a microwave gun, and roast yourself some Jedi.

Can Obi-Wan beat a Mandalorian in single combat?

Keep in mind I'm talking Karen Traviss Mandalorians, not Clone Wars ones.

Objectively the best character in Star Wars.

But there aren't any doorknobs in Star Wars. All the doors are either force fields or sliding metal panels.

Yes. He came pretty close to beating Jango, and Jango only escaped thanks to fire support from his son.
It's not easy, but a top tear Traviss-Dalorian against one of the greatest Jedi ever is a pretty even fight.

Jango's not a Mando, though.

Mando is a cultural thing now, the race itself was wiped out thousands of years ago by Revan during the war. this is before retcon mind you.

>We all had fun
user, no one HAS fun.

But they all HAD fun. Fun is the great lie in the rear view mirror.

According to one face-saving politician. Who turns out to be a bit of a scum bag, to boot.
Jango is a Mando in the same way that Bin Laden was a Muslim. Not all Mandalorians might like or agree with his lifestyle, but he was definitely one of them.
Boba, on the other hand, you could make the argument that he lost all interest in the culture as he aged, but Jango definitely wanted to keep his people going.

Also, we're talking Traviss here. Jango's gotta count.

One of the first acts of the Jedi council was to replace all manual doors with automatic ones.

No planet, no Jedi.

It's easy!

>Be bounty hunter
>Hire another bounty hunter to do it
>She hires a robot to do it
>The robot hires space worms to do it
>If things go south, stick around to watch your hireling to get captured then kill her

Here we see a jedi master approaching a door knob.

The Death Star is basically just a giant doorknob, that Alderan fell into.

Mother clucking gif didn't load.

Toxic gas, viral agents, poison. Specifically slow acting ones. Flooding a room with carbon monoxide would work well enough, hell putting a tank of carbon monoxide into one of their sealed vehicles and letting it go off would work.

Toss flammable gas grenade
Toss incendiary grenade
Liberally use area denial weaponry, cluster bombs, missiles, mines, ect.
Attack from outside Jedi range either by sniping or using field artillery
Attack or endanger civilians to distract the Jedi
Equip military grade energy shields
Invest in Lightsaber resistant materials

>we were playing d20
That actually explains everything.

My party of normals in the FFG games have had success with Proton-Torpedoes fired from a Y-Wing. I also managed to nick one with the splash damage from a grenade before.

But yeah, in a world with readily available spaceships, its not that hard to just out-gun your enemy.

Flamethrowers, proximity explosives, and electrified nets user.

Daily remainder that the purge is just that little scene in the Jedi temple in e3 and that vader didn't went around the galaxy hunting Jedi

>He doesn't know about the helicopter lightsaber

Area effect weapons. Explosives, shrapnel clouds, gas, flamethrowers, flechette launchers, more explosives, orbital bombardment and superior numbers.

mmmm salami

>what are inquisitors?

>rebellion era is only thing that isn't shit
cool opinions there bro

Yeah, my character once killed Asura from Asura Wrath, it was easy I outraged him

>Implying jedi can't redirect grenades and rockets towards you with the Force
>Implying jedi can't figure out where Mines are with precognition

If you go by canon he was a nobody mandoboo who just found the armor, also he never killed a Jedi and the first time he fought against one he fleed and the second he died

I like the way you think.
Let's just crash one of those nuclear-bomb-drive ship into them!

I vaguely remember that one of the SW RPG's implied that a good tactic is to detonate weapons of mass destruction in densely populated areas.

While the Jedi is reeling back from the sudden backblast of suffering flooding the Jedi through the Force, you can take action and kill said Jedi.

Of course, that doesn't work on Sith, because Sith don't give a shit about other people.

>traditional bullets will get lightsaber'd
And then you have hot liquid metal flying at your face at supersonic speeds. Personally, I'd have preferred the bullet.

>disable the pre cognitive shit
That's effectively the only thing that makes a traditional Jedi combat plausible; while blaster speed isn't terribly consistent, its typically too fast to really react, especially if you're trying to aim the bolt back.

Depends on the spacing, also
>force dodge

That's false, sith give a shit about other people, not random though, just loved ones or ones they're fixated on, look at Anakin and his obsession on Padme

H I G H G R O U N D
I
G
H

G
R
O
U
N
D

>that doesn't work on Sith
Any sudden Force backlash would have a psychological effect on any Force user powerful enough to feel it. Sith may care less, but its hard enough to ignore a small group of people who were previously quiet and suddenly started screaming, let alone what would be (from a psychic perspective) thousands.

>And then you have hot liquid metal flying at your face at supersonic speeds. Personally, I'd have preferred the bullet.
I think it might reach a gaseous state, but either way, it scatters upon hitting the blade and won't hit your face.

Its the same problem Star Trek has with Phasers visually looking feeble and slow as fuck. The fight scenes operate in the real world and it causes some problems with the lore. See if Blasters were so slow that a guy who was sorta speedy could bat them away with a laser sword then they would be easier to avoid than a dodgeball and nobody would have abandoned ballistic weapons for them.

Jedi are supposed to be super-soldiers than can sense shit coming and bat it down with a flick of the wrist. Its like mini-Spidermen with the kind of speed and reflexes you would need to avoid getting melted by space age weapons. Of course the level of capability it implies is inconsistently applied as a guy that could swat down rapid fire lasers shouldnt be touched mundane shit like Finn swinging a Lightsaber like a bat

>outraging Asura

your DM was shit for allowing this

>They can't block traditional bullets, right?
The blade destroys solid matter, so maybe. You'd need big bullets, moving very fast.

Otherwise, a Jedi can only block so many blaster bolts. With your own deflector shield, you can ignore anything reflected back at you as you lay down fire. Or you need more than one source of fire.
The arena battle scene in Episode 2 also proved that not all Jedi can block all blaster bolts forever. The Jedi has to hit every single bolt, the blaster user only has to hit once.

Really, ONE non-force-user can't defeat a Jedi without a lot of gear, though. That's why you bring a squad of four; covering fire to keep them pinned as the rest of you line up a clean shot.

Or you bring heavy equipment. You can't block heavy blaster or laser cannon fire with a lightsaber. And even if you can? Can you block it being aimed at the ground around you, glassing it? How about missiles?

Admittedly, you then run into the issue of REALLY POWERFUL force users. Even an army of droids cannot defeat a Jedi master. At that point, you need extreme planetary bombardment. Either by a vulnerable fleet, or by one big heavily-armoured battle station that can frag the planet in one shot.

Now, note that Mace Windu was merely thrown out of a window rather than killed. His body was never seen on camera.
Also note that the Death Star was in construction by the end of Episode 3.
The Death Star is the ultimate 'fuck you' to force users by the Emperor.

Theory: Twi-leks are only enslaved so you can use them to trap force users.

This. I imagine the Jedi council strictly regulates weapon development to keep their edge.

>slug throwers
Have you seen 'The Matrix' yet?

>implying you watched the whole video where HK points out the issues with overplanning a jedi assassination

Bought the last part I needed from some vendor on the street,
With a few repairs the rusty robot was complete,
And then he turned around and called me a bag of meat,
He was my newest droid ally.

He said his memories had been wiped down to the core,
Of his former master Revan, he confessed knew no more,
And all the diodes down his left side were feeling a little sore,
But he remembered fifty ways to kill a Jedi...
... fifty ways to kill a Jedi.

"Snipe'em in the back, Jack,
In the Makashi stance, Lance,
Mine the place to hell, Elle,
Bury them in debris.

They seem psychic, Rick,
So don't overplan, Stan,
If you wait too long, Shaun,
They'll sense immediately.

Strike down their allies, Sly,
Shoot the Padawan, Ron,
They'll rush to defend, Ben,
I will guarantee.

Just poison the air, Blair,
Toss a grenade, Nate,
But much preferably, Lee,
Please leave them to me."

The droid learned of the HK-50s hounding at our feet,
He got pissed and swore up and down that they were all dead meat,
He vowed he'd find their factory, and with a bag of Permacrete
Blow the whole thing to the sky.

I told him of a Scottish Sith Lord whom I could not hurt,
It seemed no matter how many Force powers I'd exert,
But the droid said Sith and Jedi were just two sleeves of one shirt,
And there were fifty ways to kill a Jedi...
... fifty ways to kill a Jedi.

"He'll heal himself, Ralph,
Use doubt to stop that, Matt,
Assassinate him, Jim,
Psychologically.

He's the Lord of Pain, Shane,
But break down his will, Bill,
Just talk him to death, Jeff,
The Force will set him free."

I have a plan

I don't think 4 people is enough unless you are all exceptionally skilled or are fighting a rather crummy Jedi.

Bug out and Nuke em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

They can stop projectiles with the Force.

You want to mix and match blasters and projectiles. They don't deal with both at once well.

Mines are also useful.