Dealing with anti-power games

>New player wants to play a half Orc Bard
>refuses to change his mind despite me pointing out painfully outclassed by everything
>even refused to use a re-fluff half elf stat line.

The guy doesn't stand a chance.

Should I just have an enemy just roll of a crit first fight so it's quicker? It's like watching Jamaica enter the Winter Olympics.

Are players allowed things like fun and autonomy in your roll playing games or is this a troll?

>half-elf statline
What?

Good on that guy for not playing like a disgusting munchkin.

You know, fun is a thing. That guy sounds a lot like it.

>'Nuff people say, you know they can't believe, Half-Orcs, we have a bard that sings!

>My player wants to play what he wants even though I said it's a bad idea

wait, you mean your players pay attention to stats ?
That guy's pretty much the norm in my group of players
also
>what game/system

Our tiefling ranger was the best character in the whole game. And it had fuck all to do with stats.

What edition? With the last couple there's nothing making a half-orc actively bad at being a bard, and the bard is inherently good enough they should do fine, I think.

Just weight the CR like he isn't part of the party. He'll either get wise and use his character to the best of his abilities (which is the only reason he should be doing this) or die. Let the system root him out naturally; no need to force it.

Fuck you

>GM lets player have access to magic in a campaign where having magic is OP
>Is surprised when player effectively ends the game in 30 minutes using magic

>OP wants to start a b8 thread
>refuses to change his mind despite me pointing out that the thread is shit
>even refused to just post in a DnD general

Should I just reply for fun anyways?

What if you treated your roleplaying game as a roleplaying game and not a gambling game

What if the game was designed as a mother-may-i game, and not a game where your decisions impact your character's chance of survival?

I have played with someone who made an intentionally shit character, but after giving basic advice I just kind of left it alone. He kind of just came off as an angry person in general, so I'm guessing he thought he was making a point, but since none of us really took the bait he was the only one who was annoyed by it.

If you're talking about 5e or really anything that isn't 3.5 or PF in general I don't really see the big deal though

>It's like watching Jamaica enter the Winter Olympics.

Poor choice of example.

This is probably the best bait thread I've seen in a long time OP

It's subtle enough to seem plausible, but even so instantly draws out a negative reaction to the viewer. It also not only paints your character in a bad light without being too obvious, but shows your other player in a good light to draw out even more sympathy for having to deal with you.

Combine that all with a dash of D&D and over eagerness to encourage powergaming and you have yourself a true delicacy. Bravo OP. A masterpiece.

>implying you can't have a crunch-lite survival with a high death risk
Litterally my third game
either my GM was a genius to pull it off or you just talk out of your ass
Playing with a focus on rp will work if that's what your group wants and/or cares about, and that's kinda hard to do if the only thing that they've ever played is dnd or any system that will lead to players creating "builds" rather than forging playstyles

Just let him play it. Half-orc bard is fun as fuck. Hell the Monster Manual IV for 3.5 even had an orc bard stat block as a war chanter.

Half-orcs are a great race, honsetly every class is more fun as a half-orc. Even wizard. Encourage him to multiclass into fighter to give him some more combat skills. Or barbarian.

If the guy rolls a 16+ he can start with a 14 to 16 in Charisma for bard. That isn't great but not unplayable. Whereas he can start with a high Strength as well. Hell, if he roll two 16s he can start with an 18 Strength as a bard. That's a bit against type, ain't it? Who'd expect that?

Hell even a full orc would be fun if you'd allow it. That +4 Strength would be sick, and at teh cost of Wisdom which bards don't use anyway, you'd be a passable melee fighter.

I know I am assuming 3.5 here but I think that's a fair assumption given how much of a min-maxing JackAss OP appears to be.

judging from the amount of support OP has encountered in the thread...
Well, it's obvious bait but I'm worried for Veeky Forums

Nice samefag retard.

This bait was almost as subtle as Oinkbane.

Nice samefag retard.

Nice samefag retard

Nice retard samefag

Re nicefag sametard

>OP is trying to troll
>I've actually lost groups because they didn't appreciate the lack of optimization in my character builds

I've only been officially kicked once, but I do draw the line at making my character for me which is what other GMs tried to do, to varying degrees.

Hello, Kettle? This is Pot. You're black.

>A self admitted shitposter trying to establish the standards of posting

lmfao

I played a half-orc bard before. He was pretty awesome. I don't know why you're so stuck up about it.

>Ferocity
>Extra Bardic Performances per level
>slottable +2 to any stat
>bonus to intimidation

Unless you're one of those dinosaurs still playing old 3.5 I don't see the problem here.

>Shitposting about shitposting isn't shitposting
>Even in shit thread with poorly hooked bait for an OP
Okay user, you've convinced me.

Fun is relative, and sounds like the group is more tactically inclined, they may not find themselves with much to do in this game.