Favorite (Playable) Monster Race

Sometimes killing kobolds, orks, and mind flayers is only half as much fun as playing them. Whenever you get the option, which monstrous fantasy race do you find yourself playing most often?

I like playing undead skelly's. Skelebros are the best.

My nigga. God tier taste.

My DM hates Necromancy, and has flat out said he would never allow Skelebroness to ensue.

Guess you could say he's a real bonehead.

Gnolls are a personal favorite, played as either brutal Aztecs who may or may not be lesser evils compared to the demons they keep at bay with their constant sacrifices, or arctic terrors who may as well be an entire race of vikings+wendigo.

Alright, Skelebros, in our search for top-tier Bone Art, one way or another we'll come across this guy.

I have to ask, who is he to you? Who could he be?

No idea on the pic source. But I always assumed he was just the most ballin pimp wizard-lich ever.

Or he's a psychopomp for Death.

Well... back when I ran a Quest, he was one of the best damned characters I've had the fortune to run with. I used to run a short story called Skull Quest, which had a respectable following on /qst/

The stranger, the better.

Think shit like how you can play as a Lumenwood in Bloodborne, and the freaky moveset that can give you.

Well, what's the strangest monster you've ever played in a tabletop game?

Bugbears.

haven't played a monstrous race in years, but back in the palladium days one of my favorite characters was an ogre ranger.

Small catfolk.

Vishkanya's aren't monstrous are they?

If not, Jorogumo.

It's a guilty weeaboo fantasy, but I like playing as dragons, because sometimes it's fun just be an arrogant super-powered shapeshifting asshole who sees the entire world as one giant series of amusements.

That being said, it's the kind of thing I'd only ever play in a drunk "lets fuck around" one-shot game. I'd never bring such retardation into a serious campaign.

Actually, that sounds like a hell of a time. Any good stories associated?

Sounds nice

Fishtits whenever it's appropriate and doesn't require queer ass workarounds to continue through the campaign

Human

Found the topic for you right here

I like Orcs, and brutish monster races in General. I like playing Kobolds too but these days i feel they barely count as a monster race

WEREWOLVES
AWOOOOOOO

I like playing goblins, naga and ratfolk alot, i identify with them for some reason, couldn't tell ya why.

All goblin parties are best parties. It's a test to see how long you can be utterly dysfunctional before TPKing

>>what's the strangest monster you've ever played in a tabletop game?

Sentient crystal in 4e. Used mage hand and Tensor's floating disk to scoot myself around.

DM enjoyed knocking me over in every single encounter.

You know you could've had legs

Yeah, that's the class I used. My character was just too much of a shit to walk though.

I've always wanted to set up a campaign where the players all start as low level human(oid) characters that find themselves in an inn looking for an odd job - having spend nearly all their money to get there.
They quickly notice other dishevelled looking fellows in the inn, and discover that they have some things in common. They are all orphans (either adopted by the local folk, being beggars on the street, or rotting away in an orphanage) who all had dreams about visiting this inn.

The characters then get a simple quest, and are slowly being guided through prophetic dreams sent by their parents into draconic adulthood as they increase in power throughout their adventures.

>Only like playing as humans or monster races
Anyone else like this? I find non-monster non-humans to be too similar to humans for the most part.

That's why I count all non-monster non-humans as humans.

Oh, you were born with pointy ears? I guess you'll become very old. Oh, you were born really stubby? I guess you'll be able to punch trees with your bare hands.

Not sure if it counts as a monster but I played a shard jedi in a commando droid body, probably the strangest thing I ever played

t-too spooky... ;_;

Gnolls, by far.

Then why not play them like you would a human?

Playing a spiderbro, shooting bad guys from the ceiling.

I like to play as a troll

Why do want to play as yourself?

Vaguely near-eastern and egyptian lizardmen is my jam.
Skeletons are okay too I guess.

The greatest pimp in all of 19th century London.

Hobgoblins without a doubt. Since Volo's came out though I've wanted to play a Kenku.