Walküre

So it looks like a few Spanish RPGs finaly get a English translation, especially Walküre looks promising.

/also general thread for, damn I wan't that RPG in a civilized language thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

nocturnal-media.com/blog/2016/5/5/a-spanish-invasion-of-roleplaying-games
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
walkure.es/search/label/Imágenes
pastebin.com/z2JEtBiF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about?

I've been running GURPS games based off that image series for a year now. I didn't even know it was a game.

How is it?

>How is it?
Pretty bleak from the looks of it.

Walküre is an RPG sci tough , realistic, simulationist and militaristic fiction, with hints of espionage , infiltration, intrigue, suspense, noir ... and exploration , space exploration . The setting of an elaborate counterfactual history developed from an alternate ending, but plausible , the Second World War, where the Germans lost the war ... nor the win, really , everything is in tables following the signing of an armistice in 1944.

The world is divided into three sections: Allies ( USA and UK, among others) , the Soviet Union and the Third Reich and its Axis allies . Humanity is plunged into a cold war that seems eternal , extending beyond the twentieth century , to an era of early space exploration, where the three main competing for supremacy between political intrigue , disaffection , betrayals, wars low intensity , espionage, terrorism and fabulous technological advances.

Players will be involved in the intrigues , struggles and struggles of a world divided into ideologically irreconcilable , immersed in a cold war that struggles both on Earth and in space , launched with the human race to the exploration and colonization of the system blocks Solar, around the year 2075 . There are stable bases on Mars and the Moon, cruisers and frigates stellar , orbital stations , space elevators , and the huge battle station of the Third Reich , in Walküre name , you might see the end of the video. All this , and more, will find in the game.

>I was only off by a battlestation and the dates

Fuck. I'll give it a shot. Seems like my jam.

I hope that's not the English "translation". I'm actually an English to Spanish translator and I could do a much better job even without being a native English speaker.

nocturnal-media.com/blog/2016/5/5/a-spanish-invasion-of-roleplaying-games

>nocturnal-media.com/blog/2016/5/5/a-spanish-invasion-of-roleplaying-games

Lets hope this goes better than the last time the Spanish Invaded.

Well, thanks for sharing.
>tfw a foreigner has to tell you about the games your country has created
I swear there's only well-known American RPGs like Pathfinder and Star Wars in every game store I walk into.

I played Walküre and I'ts magnificent. It has become one of my favourite games.

Sadly there are lots of spanish rpgs that are not currently translated. But i'm on the other side of the problem, there are tons of rpgs that are not translated to spanish :P

Some of the artwork thats come out of that is fantastic, but its mostly because of the artist they comissioned.

I still want Meikyuu Kingdom

more of this art pls

>I swear there's only well-known American RPGs like Pathfinder and Star Wars in every game store I walk into.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

OP here meant to post that link, dammit I'm getting old.
walkure.es/search/label/Imágenes

The rulebook is available for free in Spanish. My Spanish is extremely limited but so far what I can read it sounds interesting. And yes the artwork is godlike.

I stumbled on it due to a spanish friend who won't shut up about it.

looks like google translate to me.

The synopsis from is better:

The second game, also created by Pedro Gil, is Walküre, published by The East Mark Creative Group.

A roleplaying game of hard science fiction and realistic military simulation, Walküre (pronounced val-ˈkir-ē) includes espionage, infiltration, intrigue, suspense, noir… and exploration — space exploration! It is a fantastical adventure in an alternate reality where World War II ended in an armistice creating a fragile détente between the Allies, the Axis and the Soviets.

Some fantastic images of this game are available in Pedro’s crowdfunding campaign that funded the Spanish edition of the game.

Walküre is the ultimate contemporary RPG, its system and setting allows play from the end of the WW II through the start of the space race to the near future, all meticulously detailed in the core book. You are able to play any character from the leading nations and alliances from 1945 to 2075 and enjoy an alternate world in which WW II did not end as we know it.

An enormous 400+ page book, Walküre will be seek funding on Kickstarter as a full-color hardcover rulebook. Translation has just started and is expected to be completed around the end of September. We hope to eventually also offer the two supplements also recently crowdfunded in Spain, Crossfire and Special Red Action.

>Cold War + Nazi in space

Sounds decent. If perhaps a little dry. Reminds me of a less fruity version of dust.

noice!

Soviet marine

9/10 would unconditional surrender to.

What's with Latin Euros and their mania for weird war I say

Italians threw out Sine Requie years ago. i'll admit this looks far better and less Warhammerish, though. How's the ruleset? As countless examples taught us, a good setting is good as long as the rules aren't shit

Post more art. I wish more people appreciated alt-history and Weird War.

as an american I feel your pain and am thoroughly dissatisfied with how prevalent pathfinder is.

>he didn't enjoy being a templar protecting the holy city and her people from the damned in the name of Christ the King

Man, you aren't even close to my nigger. Also, I disagree. FATE, GURPS, and all the other generic systems exist to lift great settings from bad rules.

>potential for the Kingdom of Jerusalem
What are you talking about? I like the sound of it.

Sine Requie. It's an Italian game: long story short, in 1944 we got Zombiepocalypse (different kind of zombies, though, some are sentient or even superhuman) and everyone got fucked. Nazis live in walled cities. Soviets live in steampunk hellholes ruled by AIs (in 1957!). Italians are under a Papal theocracy and get Templars an' shit. The US is divided between "Fake-50ies everyone is under drugs" land and the KKK Confederacy. Pharaons are back Tomb Kings-style.

Game system isn't bad, with cards and a semi-random chargen. As I said, it's VERY kitchen-sink and derivative, as common with Italian pop culture. It's not bad, per se, but it requires more of a Warhams point of view, that everything is there for rule of cool and not because it makes sense or because it's proper for the "age" chosen.

Not a bad game: but after skimming Walkure (thank God for Romance languages and their shared roots) I think I'd prefer to play a new campaign in a more.... "realistic" and well-planned setting.

Yer right. But Cthulhutech burned me bad.

>also general thread for, damn I wan't that RPG in a civilized language thread.
pic related, the best post-apo setting and game

bümp

>metal-head DM with "Normal ppl scare me ;_;" shirt wants us to try Sine Requie
>It's just us failing at everything for 4 hours and him running wild with satanic and demonic bullshit
I liked the card system, but the interpretation of results requires a really good DM maybe

I think Zonk-PJ, it's co-creator, and actually the designer of the entire rule-system (CDB Engine) deserves some credit.

By the way, if you want to look at more art, the game and all of the suplements are free. Pedro Gil and Zonk-PJ only publish under Creative Commons licenses.

Here are the links for the core book and the main suplements
>pastebin.com/z2JEtBiF

The ruleset its builded around a only-skill base (no atributes), rolling 2d6 + skill vs difficulty. The characters also have a wide variety of secondary attributes based on those skills (like stamina, health, movement, damage bonus, damage reistance, weight carried etc)

There are also talents. Usually they bonus some skills or let you take aditional manouvers in combat, or even reduce the action point cost of some manouvers.
And there are "gifts" (Dones in spanish) wich are unnatural cappabilities. For Walküre this means biomodifications and cyberware.

Character creation it's point based, and every single aspect of the character is represented in those points, resulting in a value that represents the power of the character (this can also be used to use the game as a wargame)

The comat system it's made to use board and miniatures and features dynamic initiative (something like Shadowrun 5e initiative) and action points.

The weapons do a fixed ammount of damage modified by the magin of success (a df.7 shot where you obtain a 9 with a handgun with dmg 3 would do 5 points of damage) and have special properties (like armor penetration, explosive qualities, special kinds of ammo etc)

It also has some modern rpg things, such as aspects and fate points. Are a minor but important part of the system.

This looks awesome. Might try to get some friends into this in January

Hi!
I'm Zonk-PJ, one of the creators of Walküre and also the creator of the CdB Engine (the rules system Walküre uses, also published as a generic ruleset).
I hope you like the game!
As it has been explained Walküre is a game aimed to allow you to play characters from 1945 to 2075, from historical WWII games to ciberpunk games or cold-war games, all set in our particular universe. We have also published game supplements to play in the moon or mars in the year 2075, or to play in the 60-70s of our three sided cold war. And there is also a complete 300 pages campaign (Kontrolle Krise) set in the moon, among other modules and adventures...
I'm not a Veeky Forums user, but i'll try to come here to answer any questions you might have! ;)

Oi, thats surprising. As you can see the language barrier is the biggest problem so far. According to
>nocturnal-media.com/blog/2016/5/5/a-spanish-invasion-of-roleplaying-games

There is a translation planned but the post is quite old. Any news on this front. Because as awesome as the art and setting is, it's hard to judge or use without an English translation.

Holy shit. Merry Christmas, dude, thanks for showing up. What's going on with some of the more neutral nations in the setting? South Americans or the Swiss, for instance

I'm not Zonk, but I'll try to explain as much as I can (I hope he comes later and clarifies some points)

The most importat change on neutral nations is Spain. Due to a succesion of events involving the assasination of General Franco via Nazi conspiracy, Spain is an Axis side nation, and participates in the alternate WWII. Gibraltar was invaded by Spanish-German military forces, and that made the war on Africa go very bad for the British.

About the Swiss, judging by the map at the end of the rulebook seems they remained neutral after all. I can't recall reading much about them.

South Amerca became a giant Risk board between the three superpowers, there are lots of changes on the cold war events due to the intervention of the Reich.

As fun fact, Vietnam is in japanese occupied terrirory, so America's greatest defeat is actually Japan's greatest defeat in this setting.
For the same reason, there's only one Korea under japanese ruling. They suffocated the comunist uprising with brutal force.

Israel doesen't exists, and there is a palestinian pro-jew terrorist group called Massada.

And France is split in 2 sides by the end of WWII, the Reich-occupied France and the Vichy France, loyal to the Nazis. Later in the setting a reunification of the country takes place.

This game looks metal as fuck. Thank you for making it known to me.

I am reading through it, and I kinda like a lot of what I see. Good job!

Just small things on the weapons and vehicle section: for example, the name "Galil" for the Arab AK makes no sense (the guy who designed it was a certain Yisrael Galil, so I doubt he's around in your setting) and all the caseless italian guns should be called "Senza Bossolo", because "Senza Tappo" sounds bloody hilarious (and wrong) to a Italian speaker. Or the ISU-152 getting a 85 mm gun and the ISU-122 a 100mm gun, but whatever, minutiae.

Good luck and I'll wait for the eng kickstarter!

By any chance do you know aquelarre?

Yes, I do. It's a very popular rpg here in Spain. Sadly I don't play it very often, since I don't like the spanish middle age as a gaming setting.

bump
I'm allowed to do that, right?

So, seeing the interest in the game, I will share my experience with it so far. I've played 3 Walküre games:

>The firs one was online, before the core book was released, using the pdf. The GM was one of those "I'm gonna use the rules the way I want" type.
>The game was set on the late 2075, in the moon.
>I played an SS officer leading a mission to investigate a reserach base. They lost contact and was suspecting an allied attack.
>They were right, the base was researching nanotechnology cappable of making a human survive the void of the space. The allied attacked the base and the nanomachines went nuts during the attack, creating something like space zombies.
>Most of the crew died to the automatic defenses of the base, hacked by the allies.
>It was a complete failure of a mission
>The survivors ran for their lives

>The second game I was GMing, It was set on 1942, the players were the crew of a Tiger tank.
>The mission was to guard a town near Stalingrado to secure the Reich forces retreat form the battle.
>This game was perfect to see the vehicle rules in motion.
>Each player inside the tank had it's role. One main gunner, firing the cannon. One secondary gunner, using the machinegun. One driver, and two people reloading the main weapon.
>When the soviets approached the town, each player rolls initiative, and they use it's own action points to play vehicle actions.
>They do pretty well at first, getting advantage of the superior range of the main cannon.
>The things start to go dangerous when the soviets start to get closer. On a moment of madness, the tank commander starts to fire the turret machinegun on soviet soldiers, doing a carnage. But some communist bastard manages to headshot the commander.
>When the town starts to fall, the remaining players start to retreat using the bridge, with the Luftwaffe covering their back, and manage to make out alive.

>The third game was kindda experimental, and I wouldn't call ir "a Walküre game". But since I used the same setting and the same ruleset to lure the players, I will include it.
>It was set in 1967, La Higuera, Bolivia.
>The players were bolivian soldiers and a CIA operative. The mission was assesinating Ernesto "Ché" Guevara.
>Ché Guevara was wounded, and hiding on a nearby town after a battle that went wrong for him.
>The players infiltrated the town and skillfully elminated every militia men. Soon they were in fron of the man they were looking for.
>There was an argument and some conflict between the bolivians and the CIA agent, about the morality of the mission.
>The argument was solved when the less-brained boliviand decided to just shoot Ché in the head and start to get the fuck out of there.
>Soon the players realized something was wrong. The mission was complete, and they were still playing. They were playing the boring return to the base, across the jungle. And that was not notmal.
>They were right, they realized what they were playing as soon as a player saw a laser pointer in his chest. A three-dot lasser pointer. And the song of Predator started playing.
>The less-brained bolivian was first to die, victim of the first plasma shot. Soon another bolvian followed, impaled by the claws.
>The rest of the ream ran for they lives, trying to reach the river. But the alien thing was faster and blocked the way. So they tried to comfront it, in a desperate attempt. They managed to inflict some wounds on the creature, but it's superior technology soon overpowered the team, and they all died on that jungle of South America.

Oh baby

>pastebin.com/z2JEtBiF
In what language?

Spanish. It's the only avaliable language at this moment.

>>When the soviets approached the town, each player rolls initiative, and they use it's own action points to play vehicle actions.

Hunh. That sounds pretty good, actually. I hate historical simulators but as part of a bigger context like this it could be great fun.

Are there rules for espionage and covert non-shooty intelligence operations?

>And France is split in 2 sides by the end of WWII, the Reich-occupied France and the Vichy France, loyal to the Nazis.

Those are the same side, not different sides.

>America's greatest defeat is actually Japan's greatest defeat in this setting.

Hah, that's pretty funny.

NB America's greatest defeat was the War of 1812 and the "loss" of Canada, but whatevs, close enough.

Map related. How the hell did the Soviets manage to keep Latvia & Estonia?

>Are there rules for espionage and covert non-shooty intelligence operations?
Kreuzfeuer is an entire suplement dedicated to that

Hopefully that changes soon, because I love the concept

>Italy doesn't have Libya or Istria

reeeeeeee

>A three-dot lasser pointer

And here was I thinking it was about playing singing idols in space.

Goddamn, I can't wait for the English release. This sounds too fun.