Character Art Thread

Another Character Art thread. Looking for Men in Black secret agent type dudes, but post whatever you've got

>Black secret agent type dudes
Got you covered.

Close enough, I guess

I have more soldier types than G-men

Is it just me or is his head HUGE?

I have the same feeling.

Is that a samuari with 6 strings?

I need girls in their early 20s wearing breastplate. Bonus points if they're wielding spears or bows, double bonus points if they're cute.

"Yes, i'd like to report a wizard crime. Well he shrunk my feet and enlarged my head and hands. Yes, I can hold."

I like how Ottawa is handily labelled for no good reason.

i don't have what you want sorry

Anybody have spooky/scary scarecrows?

Looking for cocky young sorcerer art

I need FANCY HATS!

/r/ing characters with their faces obscured by clothing.

I'm tired of pretty much 100% of my characters having the generic cloak+hood, so need some inspiration for something different.

Masks and/or facial bandages can work, but ideally it'd be something that wouldn't take half an hour to put on/take off.

>Chekov, why we nuke Canucks?
>Revenge for 1972.

>Squirrel has a hat too
excellent.

>winner, winner, chicken dinner
Oh good; I hoped you'd like it.

This is one of the few I could find. No hat, though.

I need female vampires. Should be dignified and regal. Portraits are preferred, but will take anything else.

I appreciate it but I ended up deciding on a button up poncho and big ass hat.

Here's an early version of the character, it's still lacking a lot of stuff but has all the basics done.

The mail coat doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless it's scale - as in animal scales.

If you wear mail or scale (metal) armour, it's best to wear padding first, then the metal armour, and then just put your protective clothing (to keep the armour from getting dirty and wet) over it.

So really, the first image should be the character just wearing a mail "pyjama", the second should have a thick puffy uniform (thanks to the padding and mail underneath it) and the third and fourth can stay the same.

Yes, it's a scalemail coat.Although I went a bit overboard on the "coat" part since I felt like the legs looked awkward without it.

It's not pictured, but it's got the usual buffer layer of leather and cloth under it, albeit a lighter one than would be realistic.

It's just going to be extra weight, and without the armour wrapping around the entire leg, it's kind of useless.

I'd say scrap it. Or if you're willing to put some effort in drawing, make it clear that the scales on the coat legs are merely decorative.

One thing that many people forget is that mail and scale armours weren't made evenly.
The back typically had bigger (and thus weaker) rings or scales as the front, so did the arms etc.
Strong mail or scale needs tiny overlapping rings or scales.
You can fill the coat with big thin scales, making it lighter and weaker.

Although ironically, I bet some people might end up thinking that the leg protection has the thickest armour.
>huuurrrrr but the plates there are bigger, which means its stronger!

Originally the scale on the legs was barely half the length, to the knee, but I felt like some extra leg protection was necessary since they're cavalry (See giant doggo sketch, also the reason there's such a wide gap in the middle to make riding more comfortable.)

I'll probably just cut the scale coat down again and say there's some greaves under the chaps.

That works fine too.

Besides, remember. Leg armour is only really important if you're planning on riding INTO enemy formations. If you're just going to cossack and huzzar it up, you don't really need leg armour. It's nice to have it... sure. But you don't need it.

Leg armour is really for the heavy duty "I'm a late renaissance/early modern period knight in full plate, call me Abrams and give me a 120mm cannon because fuck I'm going in hard."

I think this actually looks better anyway, leans more heavily on the "cowboy" look, where the goal is a mix of Musketeer/Cowboy.

Rolling a Drow who nobody is supposed to know is a drow. Head to toe in an incredible amount of black/dark gray cloth. No visible weapons. Helm and a hood preferred, but as long as there's no defining features visible, I'm fine with whatever. Thanks friends.

Error: You must wait 2 minutes 43 seconds before posting a duplicate reply.

Error: You must wait 56 seconds before posting a duplicate reply.

Just ignore the neck and hands.

Well, guess it's time to break out the obligatory ninja shite.

I'm watching Shin Godzilla now so I might be posting a bit slower.