Help with Mono-Green deck

Veeky Forums, help me with input and suggestions for the mono-green deck that I'm building before I buy all the cards. What can be added to make it better? What should be taken out to make way for better cards?

What fucking format are you playing?

Vintage by the looks of it

>77
is this kitchen table ... playing with friends op?

Indeed, this is a casual deck.

4 Sol Rings.

>BUG
Wasnt RWB the one with the transexual?

It's awful.
Craterhoof Behemoth is only good if you have a lot of creatures. Having a lot of creatures makes Oath of Druids an active detriment to it.

Managorger Hydra is for multiplayer or if one player casts a ton of spells. Your deck certainly doesn't cast a ton of spells.

Exploration does nothing for you since you have no way of having extra lands in your hand and your midrange drops are not particularly game impacting.

You're running 45 fucking spells. Are you only going to play 15 lands in a ramp deck?

The fuck are you going to do with Hydra Omnivore? A 6 mana 8/8 isn't good.

Genesis Hydra doesn't work on 0/0 hydras and isn't going to do you much good unless you're casting it for 10+ mana since your curve is so high.

Overall you're a fucking moron but I'll answer your questions:

>What can be added to make it better:
Mox Emerald
Black Lotus
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Avenger of Zendikar
>What should be taken out
Oath of Druids
Managorger Hydra
Genesis Wave
Exploration
Hydra Omnivore
Undergrowth Champion

> power, crypt, vault
Sounds like you're the moron. Go play China Magic elsewhere faggot.

I'm running 20 Forests and 4 Sol Rings. Only 4 creatures out of the 20 have X in the manacosts. This is a deck that I'm building for fun to play with friends, so yes there will be a lot of multiplayer matches.

Get the fuck outta here, kid.

Waka waka.

>What can be added to make it better
>Mox Emerald
>Black Lotus

Now now, no need to be rude, he was making assumptions as to what was legal based on what was in your deck and he was the only one to actively give advice.

I actually agree with him. Youre running a bunch of cheap 0/0s which die as soon as they etb from any of your free spells (which you have no control over). Mana gorger hydra is not good in this deck. Oath is at its best in a combo deck, and you dont have very many good targets for it outside of Prime time. Also, a deck like this might want still to still want to run 22 to 24 land, you still need at least three to get started and you still need to be careful because people will shoot the elf.

take out some of the X hydras, a 22 lands at least, and run a big ugly seven drop or two. Avenger is better than hoof because all your ramp puts extra land into play

There aren't a lot of 0/0's, only 4 out of the 20. I might replace the Managorger for Avengers or Worldspine Wurm.

If the only card with landfall you're using is undergrowth champion, take it out. Or add tireless trackers, you have zero card draw and if you start ramping you're going to be empty-handed really fast

Either way, add a couple of harmonize to get a little bit of card draw, and if you like ramp and have money to burn, the mono-green selvala

I also like pic related in a fatty deck to sac things in response to removal

Witchstalker > Managorger unless you're playing with more than 2 people

and lastly, if this is kitchen table and you want to surprise whoever you play with, add spawnwrithes

4 out of 20 is huge. Your deck cannot work against itself like this. Kitchen table is for low-power, high-synergy decks.
And your curve is horrible. Ditch the Hydras for some midrange beats.

boom, now they're 4 dead draws

Just because a single card is harmful to a deck doesn't mean you'll ever come across it. Get the fuck outta here.

And what are your suggestions?

Do you want this to be a deck that cheats big creatures onto the battlefield or one that gets lots of land out quick and casts big creatures early?

I only have two cheat into play cards. And one of those cards require a lot of mana or will hopefully get me more mana. Most everything else will be ramp and critters.

Literally has no effect on those cards.

>TFW Naya
That's depressingly accurate. I have my fun though. Is this going to get an update now that there are four-color commanders?

Leatherback Baloth, Duskwatch Recruiter, Sylvan Advocate, Kalonian Tusker for fun times.

I'd lose the Sol Rings for Llanowar Elves.

Primeval Titan should have some cool lands to search for.

You can some of your tech in the form of creatures. Courser of Kruphix, Reclamation Sage, Sakura Tribe Elder, Acidic Slime, etc.

Rakdos should be Greasy Metalheads
Not sure about Boros/Golg, but they can't both be Master Race.

> R/B and B/G are master race
> R/B/G is Reddit
What?

This any better guys?

Jund should be Tappedout.net

Overrun and Craterhoof are underwhelming in decks that don't go wide. Avenger being your only token generator is concerning.
Cut Rofellos. For $15 a pop you can do much better for a casual deck.

I really would suggest just overhauling, starting from scratch. How do you want this deck to win: Lots of creatures, or a couple huge ones? What are you starting with? Is there a particular format you want to play or is this strictly for casual use? What decks will you be playing against? What's your budget? What pieces are you starting with?

Either lots of creatures or fatties, your typical mono-green ramp and fatties. Just not an actual elf deck. The only thing I'm actually starting with is the two Craterhoofs. Just casual. I'll be playing against other competitive casual decks. My budget isn't set. But, I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars just for a quarter of the deck.

>The only thing I'm actually starting with is the two Craterhoofs.
Okay, then you'll want to go wide. Green isn't the best for tokens, but you'll want things like Hornet Queen, Mycoloth.

Hydras are good clocks, but they still get removed easily. They're more for decks that go tall, rather than wide.

You aren't doing anything with Primeval Titan. Might as well just run Terra Stompers. Khalni Garden is a good Primeval target, especially with Avenger of Zendikar.

You want lots of creatures, so try to run creature alternatives wherever you can. Elvish Visionary seems like a better choice than Harmonize. Explore is bad without a lot of lands in your deck.

Also, in casual settings, Decimator of the Provinces is basically Craterhoof, except it costs under $2.

Mana elves, less spells. Bloodrush creatures. Find a way to draw cards. Green has plenty.

You should definitely heed his cuts. This thing is a bloated vermin corpse. And those are good choices for the cut.

A little late on the ball, buddy.

What do you guys think about either of these being added to the deck in place of the Managorgers?

Oath is for decks that don't play creatures, take those out.

What would be better is to leave the oaths and dump all the creatures, and build Oath.

A little late on that one too, buddy.

There aren't that many decks out there that need to go over the 60 card minimum and a simple green fatty deck isn't one of them. You should probably try and do as many playsets as you can. You've only got 20 land and your land searching spells all put them on the battlefield so those Explores may not do as much for you as you'd like. A spell like Vines of the Vastwood to protect your big guys from kill spells wouldn't hurt.

The 60 card deck as being the best for effiency is a myth. A lot of my decks run 65 cards. The only ones of mine that are 60 cards are ones that need to win quick like burn or ones that rely on a combo.

Explore is a cantrip. Early on I get to play my hand faster and it always gets me a draw ahead. Vines of Vastwood isn't a bad suggestion. But, I almost feel like protection is redundant for this type of deck. I'll play test it and see how Vines does for the deck. And even though I don't see it as a necessity, I won't turn it down without a fair chance to see how beneficial it might be with my play group.

Your deck has a high curve, and you have only 20 lands which you seem very rigid on. You should not go above 60.

Is there a real benefit to having more than 60 cards?

Also Explore is not a cantrip.
It is to expensive to be a cantrip. And by the way it does not generate card advantage. It just replaces itself (wich is nice too):
I still would recommend against it, since you will run out of lands to dump with explore, if you only play 20.

Explore is a cantrip. Mana cost doesn't determine if a card is a cantrip or not. Cantrips are spells that have an affect and then replaces itself.

And Explore not only helps me drop land sooner, which also allows me to play thing sooner and more frequently, but also nets me another card after that. Which is an advantage in every single way.

And with all this ramp, I really don't need more than 20 lands as I'll be fetching for them, dropping them more often, and having mana dorks to rely upon. And with the Sol Rings, you can basically count that as 24 lands.

And keeping a deck restricted at 60 cards is for faster decks that can run out of steam fast or decks that require certain cards to win the game and are dead in the water without them. Having the extra options for card slots can really make a slower deck significantly better. And this is typica for mono-colored green, white, and blue decks. They can really benefit from having a 62-65 card deck. Even pros like Vargas, Finkel, and Kibler have attested to this.

Also, I was speculating on replacing the Managorgers for copies of Nissa, Vital Force that way every time I drop a land I draw a card.

Explore counts on having lands in your hand. You have nothing to facilitate that. You cannot count dorks and sol rings toward that.
>Having the extra options for card slots can really make a slower deck significantly better.
And making your deck less consistent makes it worse at winning the way it's designed to win. You're not running a WU prison/bridge deck, you're winning with combat damage.

I'm winning with either fatties or overrun. This isn't a fast deck. Mono-green has never been known as a fast winning deck outside of mono-green Elves.

And you can say things like "62-65 cards makes decks inconsistent", that doesn't make it true for all decks.

>This isn't a fast deck
Yes but there are more than 2 speeds to magic. Ramp can be fast. Not infect fast, but fast.
>And you can say things like "62-65 cards makes decks inconsistent", that doesn't make it true for all decks.
It is true for all decks. Some decks are okay with the lowered consistency because they're running loads of draw spells and going to the very-late game anyway. You're going to be mulliganing a lot with only 20 lands in your 65 card deck, and Explore is never going to get you your extra land drop. Run Courser of Kruphix or Oracle of Mul Daya instead.

And mind your curve. You keep talking about cutting your low-mana stuff for higher mana stuff.

opinions of a player a year into the game that get shits on by the colors he doesnt like.
>merfolk players
>edgelords
>colorless being special princess despite being so busted eye of ugin needed banning.

epik yimyams little jimmy

accurate information

Hi Timmy. How are you?

It seems you are trying to build what we call a 'Mono green devotion'-deck. Believe it or not, but this actually is a fringe deck in a little format called 'Modern'.

Just Google that shit and copypaste it.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Mono+green+devotion+modern

I run x4 Vigor and x4 Verdant Force, i have all the tokens i need

My first dabbling a in modern used ramp, Wolfbriar Elemental and Overrun. Khalni Hydra is good in similar decks as it's early a free play.

Neither of those were on either list you posted.

God you are the Timmyest player I've ever seen.