/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 7 (1d18)

Rush thread edition
Can't wait for Inferno so I'll wait for Christmas sub-edition
Stuff happened on last satan-thread, namely autism. Fitting Happy Holidays! Just kidding, Merry Christmas, fuck Kwanza.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

user who posted these marines, can we get a pic with better lighting?

What does /HHG/ think about the Ultramarine breachers with the swords? Not just in terms of models, but rules. Would you build an army around them?

Ten 3+/5++ AP3 dudes in a Phobos sound way better than 30 bolters in 3 Rhinos

No, but I'll build a wall around them.

Is there an easy way to get MkVI armor? I have some beaky heads and it looks like the SM devastator box includes appropriate torsos, but it seems like pain to build a nice command squad

Forge world or Chinaman are your best bets.

Just buy the plastic parts on eBay or the FW resin. Shoulders are easy to get as they come in all boxes and Mk V as well, torsos are easy from tactical plastics, arms don't matter, legs are easy since you get 2 per 5 from assault boxes, head is easy since they're everywhere.

>‘You’d be surprised at how little a man like that wants to meet his gods.’ Arrian scratched his chin. ‘We caught him trying to cut the bomb out a few months ago. He’d got all the way to the meat by the time we stopped him.’

>Oleander laughed. Saqqara had been attempting to remove the chem-bomb Bile had surgically implanted between his hearts for years. When the bomb went off– it wasn’t a question of if– Saqqara’s body would be reduced to bubbling protoplasm. It was the most obvious of the modifications Bile had made to the Word Bearer. The Chief Apothecary claimed to have implanted a thousand and one contingencies into his most reluctant servant. Saqqara occupied himself trying to discover them

You can help stop Word Bearer bullying this Christmas.

>You can help stop Word Bearer bullying this Christmas.
Only if you have faith, Word Bearer.

>mfw
Why would I want it to stop?

Based Dorn. You could build a wall out of them. Testudo for days.

It does. Even so, they're expensive and the Ultras seem to be a rather shooty army.

Does anyone say fuck it to ROW and just do triple consuls?

Ok guys need help how should I spend my 250 in burger bucks on my 30k blood angels force pic related is everything I have outside of 5 bolter marines unpainted

>You said you were filling a cavity!
>I was! The one I made in your thorax.
That's what you get for trusting Fabius. But don't bully WBs any more plz

Nice Word Bearers.

Shhhhhhhhhh they are blood angles

Don't bully Blood angels either!

To be honest I'm not sure which transport would be better for a Destructor death squad. A Triaros is cheaper (at least in points) and gives you the option of taking more dudes, adding a very bulky magos model, or just using it for Thralls (which is a very solid and powerful build since Matrix of Ruin makes Triaros spam scoring). The Macrocarid Explorator is super cool but it's really expensive, still not an assault vehicle (so stupid that there isn't at least an upgrade option for it), and as of now at least the model only supports a small range of the options available to it. That said, dual Irad Engine + Grav Imploder would be the way to add even more punch to a super punchy "kill ur best doodz" unit

Honestly I think you should really start to map out the list and look at point costs because while slots can shape your list building decisions the very large, blocky nature of building HH lists makes points more of an issue. Like, Destructors in a Explorator is rad, but is it rad enough to be more than a quarter of your army at 2000 points? I'm not sure. Legions do the same thing with elite unique units in a LR or Spartan (with or without their daddies), but those power units are often as much of a liability in winning missions as they are an asset to actually killing things.

One last thing - if you're going to go the route of multiple Lightnings with Kraken as your main anti-tank answer (which isn't bad, especially since they can function as AA if that's the pertinent threat) you'll want some form of reserve roll manipulation. This is both to make sure they come in on turn two for blowing up big tanks and knights, but also so that they come on *after* your opponent if they themselves are hiding in reserve or have flyers. The Macrocarid has that as an option, but it makes your expensive killy unit both more expensive and more of a target. Definitely consider your options here.

Didn't the Flesh Tearers (or at least the company that became the Flesh Tearers) still run what would become their chapter colors? Or at least a variant of it, like the Black Templars within the Imperial Fists? There's certainly art of Amit in chapter colors from either the heresy era or the era immediately afterward during the chapter's founding...

Either way, Flesh Tearer colors are legit as fuck and I think that army looks fucking sick. You do you, ya crazy rampaging space vampire.

I saw potential.

Yes, don't let your memes be dreams

He's BA red with a black backpack.
Nothing stopping anyone doing what Blood Bearer user did obv, they're His Dudes. But I would raise an eyebrow over the shade of red if that army was put down in front of me for sure.

You gave the little hydras eyepatchs and that other thing. That's cute.

>stop Word Bearer bullying this Christmas.
>stop bullying
>worst legion
no.
couldn't even beat girlly man with complete surprise.
lost special snowflake ship to a handful of men and a furry.
Spent almost as much time wanking in a corner as TS.
>melee legion, few good CC abilties
>psychic legion .... poorly
>demons
>the true bald

>he even deleted one of them because one of them was deleted

The attention to detail I would expect from the meme legion, well played

>He thinks it stops there
>He hasn't yet read the filename
Thanks.

A brother soul that can't stand the space kebab?
I read the filename.

I didn't ask whether or not they were the worst legion, user. I didn't even ask to stop bullying them, but I will stop. Plz don't bully. Do it for Emperor'smas

Fair enough. I also realized as soon as I posted that picture that he had a Crux Terminatus so clearly that was post-heresy.

Hopefully when BA get more attention in a book they'll do a bunch of alternate paint schemes like they've done for some of the other legions.

>Hopefully when BA get more attention in a book they'll do a bunch of alternate paint schemes like they've done for some of the other legions
I'm waiting for black and green WEs.

Are breachers bulky? I see no rules for it, but I find it odd that they can't take a rhino as a DT. If they aren't bulky, am I able to put them in a Dreadclaw?

>Blood Angel Orange
It was a simpler time.

Is "Forgeworld purity" an issue where you guys play? Do people look down on you for suspecting that your $110 battle tank is chinky goods gotten off ebay or elsewhere?

Why even make it an issue?

They can't take rhinos because they're designed for close quarters fighting in dense areas with little room to maneuver. Rapid mobility warfare is in the domain of the tactical squads.

>field Blood Ravens
>call them Flesh Tearers

Oh yes. Breachers can go in anything. But they're breachers. For a unit with giant shields they only use them when getting shot by AP2 or better.

There needs to be a shield mechanic that makes it so it doesnt feel like theyre not using their shields against AP4 or worse.

>A brother soul that can't stand the space kebab?
of course bruva.

We need WB to be the legion that always sucks for the foil effect.

Well they went out of style for a reason.

But that title forever belongs to the Night Lords (not counting the [REDACTED] which obviously failed initial trials on Earth).

Reroll armor saves, add artificer armour/boarding shield incompatibility rule.

Boom

Breachers should get an ability where they can choose not to move and put their shields on the ground and crouch behind them, giving them increased survivability against shooting and turns charges into disordered charges and negates HoW and Furious Charge

Why are the WBs kebab? I thought that was the TS

This will probably be a Rite of War at some point. Some Legions used Breachers far more than others and should be rewarded for this specialization.

Pre-Chaos they went to a planet and squatted on it and doing nothing but talking on street corners for ages while every other legion was moving the Great Crusade forward. Post-Chaos their biggest priority is to go to a planet and talk mad shit. If the Warp had internet, Word Bearers would be the most rampant shitposters in life.

Reroll failed Armour saves succeeding on a 5+.
Regular 6++/5++ if AP3 or better.

Whaaaat, they barged in and burned down non-compliants. Their failure was to linger about building Imperial churches to the Emperor...
Post-chaos they did pretty much the same thing, only now burning imperials and building churches to chaos.

So I guess you're saying they are Ottoman-like? Didn't know those were the ones with the kebab.

Have some tacos al pastor

The pic says reroll from shooting, nothing about succeeding in a 5+.

I mean Ill take literally anything that makes it so
they
actually
use
their
shield
properly

where can i find rules for thallax?

book one and three if i am not mistaken
go for book 3

Admech red book

No, I just provided background for a reroll being used in the past, by FW rules themselves.
As in, a reroll of 5+ wouldn't be too much of a wild idea, considering FW itself used a rerollable 3+ as the original template of breacher marines.

Taghmata book.
What do you want them for?

Who can even tell once it's painted?

No one has even attempted to discourage my attempt at purchasing 40k rhinos and 40k predators.

Fuck you, AL, you've made me hungry now.

>TFW the closest taquería is 3km away and I'm too drunk to walk there.

Those are nice. Bit thicc on that yellow, but otherwise quite good.

Nah, it's always a don't ask don't tell situation. You don't go around bragging about your China shit and you politely refrain from asking others.

They went around and shitted every place they went with super cathedrals touching the sky. At least Dorn built fortresses. At least Guilliman built societies and local economies. But mega churches? The Emperor has no need for goddamn mega churches.

And thanks to the Word Bearers legacy, uncounted sums of wealth is spent annually just on the galactic maintenance of mega churches. Literally a legacy of squatting, shitting, and constant shitposting. And thats before anyone even mentions how all the galaxy's degenerate slavs rally to them to re-enact Stalingrad death charges everywhere.

At least Tyranids have a method to the madness in turning entire civilizations on itself. But Lorgar and friends just want to shitpost more and delight in their ever growing fields of shitposting.

>something something proofs

is taking 30 relentless kakophoni power gaming?

Wasn't Monarchia a shrine city? And you know in 40k "city" means tens of millions of people.
The WB established Emperor Cults and that took time, they lingered in the conquered planets and that slowed their advance.
Even the tiny TS did more compliance than them, let that sink in.

but where is proofs
come on man you should get the joke by now don't make me keep shitposting

Not when their greatest feats are running off the board in failed morale checks and spending half their games pinned or on the ground avoiding barrages. Now if you field Eidolon with a jet pack horde, I will take you seriously.

Ahhh gotcha. Like i said, anything to make them be able to weather incoming fire from normal small arms that a giant shield would provide.

is 30k a safe haven from 40k autism ?

yeah if you have a good group and actually care about the legion you're building

Slightly.

30k Autism can be worse.

how ? Chaosfag dont whine and you dont have tau or eldar which imo is 90% of the 40k autism.

I'm a little salty Ultramarines get the best breachers in the game that double as command squads (Invictarii Suzerains) and two sets of shields (the blinged out Invictarii ones and the more plain, new ones for regular breachers).

I wish Phalanx Warders were worth their points.

i wish medusan immortals were worth their points
fuck smurfs, i'm glad my group doesnt have any

I wish Inferno hadn't been constantly put back time and time again.

thats not breacher shield related bitching and moaning, fuck off

Loreautism.

The biggest autism I have found was some guy pointing out that I didn't use the correct squad/company markings for some of my dudes.

Errata user here. Been lurking and watching the past few thread and been chewing on the input from the last two versions. I present the third version.

As always, this errata is a gift; meant to be a starting point. Anyone is free to modify it to fit their groups needs or what have you. My goal is simply to help remove the stigmata of 'hombrew' to help this great expansion make a little more sense crunch-wise. I'm not here to boss around and I appreciate the feedback I've been given. It will never have a 'final' version as it's meant to change and adapt as time goes on and to be adapted by other groups.

Are there any?

I've yet to find any fluff explanation for squad markings. The marks for devastators, assault, scouts, command and such seem to be post heresy inventions.

That's just a keen eye. We're talking about helmet-wearing tier

I feel like thats projecting his own ideas more than the normal /hhg/autism. Legions had so many chapters and variatiosn across so many years that if it looks like the legion, its totally fine.

They're only 50 points over normal breachers. For that 50 points you get FnP. A naked apoth is 45, but this FnP can't be sniped out. Plus you're IH and are effectively T5 against shooting so unless its S10 you get a 6++/5+ FnP.

Then they can all take chargers.

Though looking at Suzies... 200 points? Get out of here. Eff that yeah immortals need to be like 200.

>They're only 50 points over normal breachers

The only issue with that is breachers are already a bit too many points for what they do.

Also true

I got BoP and want advice since I've never delved into 30k. Is it worth it to magnetize the termies in the box? I have no idea what the weapons are and which ones are good, etc. Is it worth it to magnetize them or should I just build what I think looks cool and proxy?

>Is it worth it to magnetize the termies in the box?
Depends. Can you quantify if the time and magnets incur a lesser cost than just buying more models?
If so than go for it.
But if you spend more than three hours magnetizing these models, at a basic minimum wage value, you have already paid for another set of five.
At which point- buy more models instead.

I'm probably just going to magnetize them then. As a jew it triggers me when I cant use every bit inside the box.

Then satisfy your inner jew by selling the bits you don't use to fund more models.

I just might, goy

I'm going to have four BOP, two B@C, and a smattering of other smaller boxes worth of spare bits to sell.
It may honestly be enough for a Spartan, if I measure it out properly.

Damn, that's quite a bit. I play Wolves, so I've got shit tons of bits just chilling.

Same. I thought I had enough CCW's.
I never realized I could be so wrong.

Laurie Goulding will leave GW/BL in six days. How do you guys feel about this?

Do you just sell that shit on ebay or?

feels bittersweet, since he's already caused a lot of damage

I lament how far he's fallen, and I respect that at least at the start he tried to take his overwhelming love for the HH setting and apply it for the good of the series. He really was the ultimate geek with it came to the Horus heresy (taking about it with him was one hell of an experience.) But like all ascended fanboys, power corrupted. I can't say his replacement will do a better job (I can't say he'll do a worse job either) but given the series is almost over, that person will be doing little but shepherding it over the line.

So much as I respect Laurie, I can't say I'm completely saddened he's leaving. His is a cautionary tale of what happens when the fan runs the asylum.

No, I meant for my army.
I've had to convert so many left handed bolt pistols with rh chainswords for my MkIII marines it's not funny.

Once I finish the models I have, I will take an inventory of my bits and see what I can sell.
/hhg/ will be the first to know.

Oh, just wondering. I don't use a lot of the bits that I have cause I think that it just crowds some of the models up. I might just start selling a lot of the bits I have, so I can start a 13th company with a mix of wulfen and BoP kits.

But the 13th didn't become wulfen-heavy untill after chasing the Thousand Sons for a few decades through the Eye of Terror.
Or is it meant for 40k ?