What will make it ?
What wont ?

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/11/19/legion-of-azgorh-by-ben-curry/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Downloads?_requestid=9455160#warhammeraos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Settra
>Vlad
>hints that Gotrek Gurnisson is still active & killing Daemons even now like some Dwarfish Doomguy/Doom Slayer
>a hug

I hope they are making it into the book one way or another

Acolytes and Tzaangor are cool and all, but I'd like some new actual warriors of Tzeentch.

mod, delete this thread. The old one is still going strong

Who drew that?

I see age of sigmar tournaments in my area sometimes, but no game store ever advertises regular play, and google searching doesn't seem to reveal any clubs or groups that play.

My list would get curb stomped and thrown out the door in a tournament setting, but I am starting to think that is the only chances I am going to get to ever play the game.

DEATH UPDATE WHEN?

THIS. I want to buy Skeleton Horde for optimal spoopy, but I don't want them to turn out being shit

I mean they were so OP they had to nerf an artefact of theirs

skeltals are bonkers if you buff them right. Necromancer is a must

I like the Tzeentch Birb People, but at the same time, everybody and their mother will probably masturbate over the General's Handbook when I just want to have a casual dungeon-crawling thing. What do?

So can anyone confirm if the Chaos Dorf army from FW are any good with their updated rules or not before I sink my money into them?

Could someone explain reinforcement points in match play to me?
I understand that it stops you from summoning an army every turn, but I don't get whether you're allowed to summon the same stuff repeatedly if it gets killed.
Also is Kemmler still around, crunch-wise?

Kemmler's in the Vampire counts PDF and he has a points cost
And no you can't resummon, you summon something, that uses up the points you hold in reserve, and if that thing dies, you don't get the points back. But if that thing dies, and you have the points to summon it again, you can, but it's not the same one

generals handbook has rules and recommendations for more types of play than matched play (ie with points).
If you want to do something more narrative, that's a very valid form of play.

For pure dungeon crawl however, Silver Tower might be more your speed. As it actual is a dungeon crawler, using Tzeetch minis.

as the other user pointed out, get Silver Tower. It's a pretty fun dungeon-crawler with some really nice minis included. Obviously you don't have to paint the minis, they just look a lot better if you do

>Kemmler's in the Vampire counts PDF and he has a points cost
I must be blind. I can't see the point cost anywhere.

Thanks for clarifying about summons.

Does anyone have the Grand Alliance PDFs for download? I don't see them in the pastebin.

points cost is in the general's handbook. That's where all the points are

>every thread
NO. They have not been scanned. They will never be scanned. They are cheap as fuck softbacks that you can just buy, except in most cases you don't need to, because all the rules are on the GW webstore model pages (except for the ones where GW cocked up, of course. The Exalted Flamer warscroll on the regular Flamer page? Seriously?) and the free mobile app.
The pastebin does, however, have imgur albums of the fluff and battalions in GA: Order.

I found the bugger!
Thank you, user. You're a star.

They suck. Don't waste the money

Lookin at the 1d4chan, it looks like they are pretty good from how it describes it. Can you explain further why they suck?

They aren't in the compendium, so they should at some point.

They're a really average stat line army that wants to be run in hoards but lolforgeworld prices

Any source of good cheap skeletons for bone zone? I'm not keen on the expense of the GW ones.

ebay

or wargames factory skeleton warriors, but they won't quite look right (good for basing and decor though)

how do you deal with mass skellies? Those things kill me faster than I can kill them, especially with the absurd amount of saves they force me to take.

10 Chaos Warriors held against 30 buffed Skeletons for 3 turns, long enough

Use your disintegrator mammoth to destroy their buffers

Mantic Skeletons look pretty cool, at least in formation.

>Kill their buffers or take wizards to unbind their spells.
>Use ranged units to thin them out.

This for mantic skellys are faar better then gw more spooky

Hey was looking starting a new force, and I was leaning towards Bonesplitterz, and I wanted to know how they are currently.

One of the least fun armies to play against, your turn takes like an hour with all the dice you have to roll in the current meta build.

The Brit who runs the Bad Dice Podcast and the Blood and Glory AoS tournament has an AoS Chaos Dwarf army and everything he's said on the show indicates they're a fairly mediocre army.

I've never played with or against them myself, so I can't comment to their strength personally. However, I'd be cautious if strength is one of your major criteria for army selection.

Nah, I'm okay with mediocre, my criteria is always if they look cool first and foremost, I can deal with them being fairly average

This is slightly old, but still a good read
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/19/legion-of-azgorh-by-ben-curry/

>Magewrath Throne
>Doesn't come on Sprue (understandably so)
>Doesn't comes with its rules printed out
Well, didn't expect that desu

>read other internet forums
>people are still shitposting about AOS

Holy fuck these people are the most cancerous faggots on the internet. GW getting rid of the WHFB fanbase was the best decision they ever made.

They seem like a pretty decent army, not good but not bad either.

Which forums? Is Warseer still dead or is that shithole back from the grave?

To be fair, the only parts that are free are by far the worst case of AoS - the core rules which are still 1/10.
The GHB, which made the game okay, as well as the battletome scenarios which make it fantastic are behind paywalls, so even if they are neutral and do a little research it's likely that they get away with a horrible impression.

Hah, paywalls can say hello to our mega downloads.

To be fair, the GHB is cheap as fuck and has all of the rules in it anyway.

The only things you pay for are fluff, the ghb and some formations. Thats literally it. Everything else is free.

Also, fuck off complaining about paying for the ghb, its like 20 quid.

You neither invest money nor anymore time searching for illegal downloads after seeing that despite the internet reaction you underestimated how terrible the core rules are, especially if you don't know for sure wether you're going to play and just want to casually check it out.

or, as we've seen on this forum, people got pissed at AoS during it's terrible release (which was terrible), and never bothered to look any further but are butthurt enough to still be whining all over the internet.

I've met people IRL who complain about the removal of rank and file gameplay, to this day, despite never having played it.

So I'm going to guess they are whiners, rather than people who honestly looked at the product any time in the last 3 months to form an opinion.

So I'm trying for a technology of the old ones angle for my lizards with my spare necron parts, any recomendations?

GW, y u do dis

I suppose because that piece originally sit upon a mountain of skulls and those were needed to attach it. Just remove them.

Yeah, fair enough. It had a terrible release and I wanted nothing to do with it when it came out. That being said, with points and the quasi-CAD it has now, I enjoy it a lot. Fight me.

As the other guy mentioned, I know plenty of people who never played WHFB in the years I've seen/known them at my local FLGS that continue to shit over anyone who mentions AoS for "ruining such a great game". A game that none of them ever played, natch.

The problem is, if you research it, unless you spend any money, you it'll still look like the release game.

no it doesn't.
Because if you research it now you know the GHB exists, that what you currently see is only the free part of the full game.
It's like seeing the trailer for a movie, or the demo for the game. It doesn't look like the full thing, but you know the full thing is out there.

This was not the case at release.

I didn't think of it like that. I stand corrected.

Why do so many nazis play aos? Is it because it's about bringing order to degenerates?

What?

>the core rules which are still 1/10.
i like them, they are easy and not convoluted.
I can finally play the game instead of doing taxes

I'd recommend you look at the kings of war rules, so you see how else it could've been done. They are also "whfb but simple" - only that they kept a lot of depth in the movement intact. Too bad the actual army lists are bland as fuck.

I swear, all the "totally not a nazi, i just love their uniforms and language" guys went in my local area switched from 40k to aos, all playing order.

I still don't see the problem. History buffs and people who enjoy real life war factions will naturally enjoy a war game featuring extreme factions.

So you don't care if your hobby is associated with the next school shooter?!

Came up with this list after being stuck in bed with the flu, would i do better sticking to 1 faction since of mixing mortals and daemons?

-- Plague Troupe (Chaos) --
>Leader
Herald - 100
Lord of Plagues - 100
Harbinger of Decay - 140

>Battleline
20x Plaguebearers - 200
20x Plaguebearers - 200
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
GUO- 240

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
6x Nurglings - 160
3x Plague Drones - 220
--2000 points

Pretty new to Aos (as in, have yet to buy my first models), used to play fantasy WAY back, was wondering what the current deal is with the Skaven. I know the Horned Rat is a chaos god now, for some reason, does that mean he's more involved in Skaven society and plots than he was? Are they more unified because of it? Are they still kinda irrelevant, and just doing their own thing or are they actually part of chaos in more than name? Also, I know Pestilens got their own book and start collecting, but will I suffer if I still just play 'skaven' rather than a specific clan?

I'd take plaguebearers in squads of 30, it let's them have their size bonus longer.

Yeah i know, but i thought i'd have enough units that give Regen that it means i could not need to spam full size
>90 models
>all the same
>reeeeeeeeee
Not to mention that small squad stays at the back for Objectives

Or just 1 squad of ten, two of 30. Or only 1 of 30

Generic Skaven is perfectly viable, probably moreso than any other Skaven force bar Skyre.
Fluff-wise the Horned Rat has ascended to the status of the fifth chaos god, but is commonly looked down upon by just about everybody. Archaon refuses to acknowldege it, the other gods treat it with disdain for the most part (though Nurgle is okay with Clan Pestilens).

Skavenblight is connected to all of the Realms, and the Skaven can pop up just about anywhere because of this.

No, who cares?

Stop trying to stir up drama from nothing

Guys are all Skaven described in Pestilens battletome or i will have to wait 3000 years for another battletome for other clans?

Pretty sure non-Pestilens Skaven are in Grand Alliance: Chaos book, assuming I understand the question.

>Pretty sure non-Pestilens Skaven are in Grand Alliance
fug... any info when other clans will be worked on? (as in get battletome)

No info yet, user. Next Battletome is Tzeentch. Beyond that, no news on AoS. Likely after the wave of 40k hitting in January for the Black Crusade with Cadia Falls.

is this the only way to use Bloodbound ?

Are non-Skaven chaos armies any good from a meta standpoint? I have the starter set, Silver Tower, so khornate daemons and bloodthirster, and a fair amount of beastmen and chaos warriors.

>the core rules which are still 1/10.

fuck off. I don't want to have to memorize 150 pages of core rules +25 pages of special rules that break the core rules + god knows how many codex specific rules just to be able to play a game of 40K.

You know what's great about age of sigmar that 40K sucks at? Allowing a brand new player to enjoy a game.

Also fuck off with your lacks complexity arguments. 40k boils down to who fielded the most broken shit and shot their opponent off the table first. 40k is stagnant cesspool of shit convoluted wasteland that no sane person new to the hobby wants to learn how to play.

The Sigmarized 8th edition of 40k scheduled to drop this spring/summer can't come soon enough.

This. This times a million.
I love the 40k setting, and love many of the models, but I just can't play it anymore. It's too broken, for two few, with too many left in the dust, for no fucking reason.
AoS has a 4 pages of rules, and a data sheet for each unit. It still allows for some depth. That's good enough for me.

I'm fairly certain there is a Sylvaneth big box under my tree. How'd I do?

Terrible.

It's not several boxes of Moonclan grots

bretty good

I would get them assembled and painted before expanding on it though. AoS is pretty fun around ~1k anyway if you're bothering with points.

ya done good kid. real good.

get your trees, get more kurnoth hunters later, and wyldwood spam your way to victory

if anything I've felt a lot of units are deeper and have more synergies. So many 40k units are literally just their statline

of course, even though I've having fun putting my army together, the nearest game store plays AoS on the nights I have to work late, so if I want to play it is only ever going to be on the 40k nights. I also sometimes have to work late on those nights too.

It would be too huge of a shift, but I think it would be really exciting and awesome if 40k 8th and AoS were cross compatible like Warmahordes.

What are you thinking about Skaarac ?

Worth it or should i just buy the exalted Bloodthirster ?

Do we know the points for the FW Exalted Daemons?
My Google-fu has failed me

They're in the Forgeworld downloads page.
Just scroll to the bottom of their site.

Unless i've missed something there's no points there

well its on the download page with literrally evrry other pdf.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Downloads?_requestid=9455160#warhammeraos

so ywah you missed something.

Sorry user but there's nothing there for the Exalted except the literal point-less warscrolls
MP pdf is only for the other FW lines

Huh. There really isn't anything there.
What's with that?

Yeah it's weird
Oh well i'll just use the FW model for a GUO

Would you run Nurglings as MSU or always in 6+ in the unit?
Due to AoS allocation you could potentially tank 18 wounds a turn and get them all back

Does taking multiple Blightkings mean i get multiple uses of their healing ability?
Thinking of starting a Rotbringer army in the new year

What? user, you do realise that wound allocation in AoS means you have to keep allocating wounds to models in a unit that have already been damaged until they're killed, right?

I did not
Now i do

6+ models it is

I got gifted a sigmars vengeance box and a pack of judicators!!!! Any idea how I should build the judicators?

this is why i didn't get into 40k even though i love miniatures.
Rules are ass

>It would be too huge of a shift, but I think it would be really exciting and awesome if 40k 8th and AoS were cross compatible like Warmahordes.
inb4 Chaos gods of fantasy use some fucked up magic together while 40k ones do some insane shit in warp resulting in gigantic portal that links the worlds
That would be the greatest and at the same time saltiest event ever

god, they are so boring though! it's such a dull fucking game.