/swg/: Heartbreaker Edition

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

These threads are not for you to piss and moan about films. If you have criticisms or comments about any Star Wars film, take it to /tv/.

Talk Star Wars lore, games, meetups, and homebrews.

Pray for Carrie

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/812502958877179904
starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-wraps-shooting
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>spoiler

I get all my news from Veeky Forums

being so long out, she isnt "Alive" until she wake up, even if stabilized.
Could be a vegetable with a heartbeat...

I just want to say that the Rancor Pit Saga conversions are really well done.

I wish people would play more D6 SW.

We must trust in the Force, user.

Anyway, what do my fellow Armada players think of the Imp Light Cruiser? I think it looks pretty good as a long range support gunboat, as long as it can keep it's broadsides aimed right.

Ten minutes without breathing before they landed.

She's dead, Jim.

Armada fag here. Im not a huge fan of it, because it doesn't seem to be able to meet the needed line between anti-ship and anti-fighter that i need it to.

I just want the gen 2 fighters to come out tbqh, cant wait for lambda C&C ship

I gotta say that Relay and long range comms will make for stupidly long range fighter activations. And I love it

Sauce on that

She might be alive, but initial reports (which may be inaccurate) say she suffered massive cardiac arrest and that she wasn't breathing for an extended amount of time.

It doesn't take more than a few minutes without oxygen before your brain becomes irreparably damaged. She's nowhere near out of the woods yet.

It feels like a decent filler ship.

Is this guy a sith or a dark jedi?

He's a whiny bitch who knows a few dark side tricks.

We don't know. If nobody remembers Jedi they probably don't remember the Sith. So he's technically neither since no one knows of either order any more.

My vote is for whiny limpdicked prick.

If that was 10 minutes without CPR. If those minutes she was under assisted breathing it's a different story.
Given that she was on an airplane, she likely was getting that assistant.

Not saying she's fine, but she's got much better chances than someone who was without aid and stopped breathing for an extended period of time.

People know of this orders they just don't know much about them.
There is a difference.

I assumed that people forgot about the Jedi and Sith since neither Rey or Finn had ever heard of them except in legends, particularly since the Force had also fallen out of public eye.

Read the OP, by the by. If we want to talk movie trivia we need to go to /tv/.

The rule of two was a mistake

>Literal, non-meme Baneposting

Technically a dark Jedi for now but we'll know more once we learn more about Snoke

OKAY ASSHOLES, CARRIE ISN"T DEAD EVEN IF HER HEART STOPPED WHAT DOES CPR STAND FOR? CARDIO-PULMONARY RESUSCITATION, EVEN IF SHE WASN"T BREATHING SOMEONE WAS BREATHING FOR HER, IT WAS REPORTED THAT SHE GOT CPR IMMEDIATELY SO ENOUGH PRAY TO FORCE AND SHUT THE FUCK UP UNLESS YOU GOT SOMETHING NEW TO SHARE.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/812502958877179904

Pabs knows whats up

How's the U-Wing expansion? Worth it?

I've been testing it out. Very wonky, but definitely good.

I want to play in a game with Pablo as GM

Nah, I'd rather bro it up with Pablo and face the Gaigax-esque Campaign Filoni has cooked up

>A medic who was travelling on the plane administered CPR

According to BBC News.

It's worth it to have a model of that beautiful girl in your home, flying around while you play "Fortunate Son".

If the U-Wing was a waifu, what would she be like? She's at least a cousin of the T-65.

Not a Sith. The Sith are gone.

What exactly the Knights of Ren are or know in relation to Sith lore, knowledge, techniques, and rituals is unknown - but it's been directly stated b JJ and Kathleen and Pablo that Kylo and the other Knights of Ren are not Sith, and neither is Snoke.

It wasn't that big of a mistake, especially since they made it unimportant by saying that only some Sith follow the rule, and that Inquisitors don't count for whatever reason. Yoda knowing the rule was though.

Attendants have CPR training plus there was a doctor and a nurse on board. We SHOULD be okay. I hope.

The dumb thing was limiting it to just two in the whole fucking galaxy. I can get behind sith always being in two's cause more than that always devolves into a backstabbing clusterfuck. A galaxy filled with sith duos running around doing crazy shit is infinitely more interesting to me.

Blame Bane, he killed all the other Sith then made the Rule of Two.

See - even with multiple sets with Sith, it's almost guaranteed that they'd start fighting each other and some would build alliances against others.

Effectively, your version of the Rule of Two doesn't really make them any better off than they were before Bane, only instead of an entire army they have just a small number scattered around the galaxy.

The Rule of Two as it exists in canon and Legends works because it allows focus without infighting.

Technically with Legends you can trace the blame all the way back to Revan.

And in canon, Bane didn't kill off all the other Sith, he was just the last known survivor.

How do you know he didn't kill some of them?
And what did Revan do besides get amnesia and become a good man again before Darth Traya's jedi purge?

WAS THAT SOMETHING NEW? NO, NO IT WASN'T, SO SHUT UP UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME NEWS SOURCED TO CARRIE HERSELF OR HER FAMILY.

Revan was the one who came up with the original idea of limiting the Sith numbers, Bane is the one who implemented it.

There's nothing saying that Bane didn't kill other Sith in canon, but we know that he was the last known survivor as the Jedi hunted down and killed many of the other Sith during the war.

I'm honestly fine with that kind of situation. It's all about what's interesting, and pairs of sith running around, scheming and dealing, forging temporary(what other kind would they ever make) alliances and setting up the inevitable betrayal while preparing for the same is more awesome to me. I want a small number scattered around the galaxy wreaking havoc while trying to make the galaxy conform to their vision, and theirs alone.

So Revan was about equal in intelligence to Bane about how the Sith were supposed to be, except he didn't implement it.

>It wasn't that big of a mistake
They are extinct now, both as a religion and philosophy because of it. Not to mention that it doesn't even ensure that the duo is a powerful one. The master could be a padawan tier force user

I've never played or ran a game of ffg Star Wars, how's the system like? Is it worth while to get into it or should I look for a different system for muh space adventures?

Without it, the Jedi would have wiped them out completely, Bane was the Chosen One of the Sith, he saved them and their ideology from complete extinction, until his descendants down the Master-Apprentice chain met the Chosen One of the Jedi.

Armadafag II here. Wondering how effective it would be to build a reverse-Maulerball with Ten Nunb, Dutch, Wedge etc. My meta is hyper-fucking-competitive and sent Justin-fucking-Curtis and his Reeikan's Aceholes list to the final table this year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUNNY! haha, no seriously made me chuckle.

As long as each apprentice is the one to take out their master, it ensures that each successive master is stronger than the last. Apprentices that fail to do it are eventually replaced by one that can.
Of course, if an outside agency takes them out, the entire system falls apart, since there's no guarantee that the apprentice suddenly thrust into the master position is actually stronger than the guy who just got killed. But even then, the apprentice managed to survive whatever killed the master, which counts for something as long as the death wasn't boring shit like mundane diseases or old age.

It was rarely if ever outside forces because they kept themselves hidden from the galaxy at large.

I like it but its narrativist leaning and unique dice scare some people away

if those 2 things don't deter you, get your hands on a beginner box and get some friends

Yeah those dice are funky looking, do they take some time to get used to? Do they work well or would regular dice just be better?

The dice do take some time to get used to, but it's really just adding up symbols. The same symbols appear on different dice in different amounts, some good, some bad, some adding extra (good or bad) bits onto the result.
There's a conversion chart for using regular dice, but it's a pain in the ass to use it, imo.

Do the dice cost a lot?

they can be.

the best way to get them imo is through the beginner boxes, since each one comes with a set.

there are apps for it though

>except he didn't implement it.
Because he knew better

Knew better than who? Bane's strategy lasted for over 1000 years, it only failed because one of his descendants was a power hungry, genre savvy, fuckhead who purged almost all the jedi except for the Chosen One and some Masters in exile.

>Knew better than who? Bane's strategy lasted for over 1000 years,
Imagine the two only Sith in the galaxy are in a spaceship. Shapechip goes boom.
No more Sith.
Ever.

Kind of an all eggs in the same basket kind of thing.
Especially risky with eggs that want to kill each other.

Yeah but the other strategies weren't working very well either, and Bane's was certainly the most effective continuously for the longest stretch of time, outside of the original Sith Empire on Korriban before they acquired space travel.

Dunno. It seems to me a tribal approach or a cabal thing would have worked too. A small group of individuals work together to amass power and teach each other in order to dominate another group of people.
That way your entire philosophy doesn't die out if you and your apprentice get caught in a natural disaster.

>working together

Again, not really something the Sith do well in the long term. Even before the Brotherhood, the Sith were a bunch of backstabbing dicks whose only real value was their rad outfits.

Issue is that can create factionism and infighting. With the Rule of Two, if there's infighting, one comes out on top, and is the new Sith Lord. Pretty cut and dry.

It's an unhealthy dynamic, but it's one created to address an incredibly unhealthy ideology and way of life.

True, but that scenario never happened, and while there are many ways it could have failed it only failed because the last Sith was stupid enough to keep the Jedi's Chosen One alive and take him as an apprentice.

Not wanting to be a huge dickhole but if someone truly has cardiopulmonary arrest that is tough on your body. CPR is the best we have but it is nowhere near as effective as your heart and long term arrests can have severe effects on brain function. Every long term ventilation patient I've seen has been someone who last pulse for a long time and was brought back. My prayers are with her and her family and I hope she makes a full recovery

I know all that, man i just wanted people to shut up about it until we knew more, so that said here have some pic related

Fair enough. Just felt like throwing in some medical knowledge/hopes for her and her family

Sine I'm an atheist, I'm only gonna say, may the Force be with her.

>If the U-Wing was a waifu, what would she be like?

Tough spunky girl with nurture instincts

Guy joining my EotE system wants to play a force sensitive using FaD classes, which I'm fine with.

But should I just use Morality for him? Or just Obligation? Or both? Not sure how to proceed here.

>play a force sensitive using FaD classes

You shouldn't.

But if it doesn't bother you, then you can use Morality just for him. Keep track of his Emotional Strength and Weakness, and mark a spot on the Obligation chart for him, so you can roll a situation for either of his emotional issues to come up. Either that, or just provide situations and and provide morality gains (or losses) based on how he acts in those situations.

But again, you shouldn't. Playing Force Sensitives is what the Exile and Emergent are for. Playing Jedi, or the closest thing to it, is what the F&D classes are for - which often lead to players wanting lightsabers.

>You shouldn't
Why? Force Sensitive Exile seems like a really disappointing XP sink, the F&D classes at least look appealing. I admit I haven't looked into it heavily though, I've always had mundane parties.

>which often lead to players wanting lightsabers.
Yeah because why would someone wanting to play a Star Wars RPG want to have the literally most iconic weapon of the entire franchise?

that explains your autism

>Why?

Some of the F&D Spec's are designed to fit what F&D is - that you are NOT jedi, but are instead whatever survived past Order 66 - maybe younglings who escaped the temple but have so far grown up with an understanding of the Force, but no Jedi teachings.

But at the same time, thats also what the Exile and Emergent are.

Again its up to you, but if you want your campaign to focus on what Edge of the Empire is about, you should stay away from Force or Jedi plots (and anything that goes with them) at all costs.

Wanting something doesn't mean you should have it. If a campaign is about smuggling, bounty hunting, and other space outer rim scum things, a Lightsaber is the quickest way to kill that campaign.

If one of my players wanted a lightsaber I'd let them pursue that, as long as they're willing to recognise that it's a difficult process, and could get some really nasty heat on them if word gets around.

This is the correct way to handle it.

>Wanting something doesn't mean you should have it. If a campaign is about smuggling, bounty hunting, and other space outer rim scum things, a Lightsaber is the quickest way to kill that campaign.
This is not.

How exactly would being an Athiest make me Autistic? It means just not believing in any diety.

Too soon.

>really nasty heat on them if word gets around.

Everyone, from each player to the GM, should all be aware that a campaign could go to shit from force shenanigans drawing the empire - because its massively selfish for one player to want a shiny stick and causing a party to get killed by drawing inquisitors like flies, especially if the rest of the party isn't down for that kind of action, and would rather do scum things instead. Therefore, the GM, and the rest of the players, should all agree on that kind of thing.

>This is not.

Its just my opinion. I speak from experience, as both a player and a GM - I've seen it happen multiple times.

All it takes is a party of non-combat characters, with maybe one guy whose a hired gun, trying to do outer rim things, and one selfish player who wants something that could get everyone into trouble, and no self-control to stop himself from doing stupid shit in front of the wrong people - multiple times - when he should be discreet.

>If the U-Wing was a waifu, what would she be like?
Extremely tomboyish, vacillitates between trying to play Older Brother and Team Mom. Wears cargo pants and a denim shirt, cuts her hair short, not quite tsundere, too cuddly-huggy-willing to say the words that kill for that

>all it takes is the specific circumstances of shitty players and a poor GM

If that's what you have to do with you and your group, fine, but generally good DMing 101 is being able to handle saying and dealing with the consequences of "yes, but" instead of "no" in these kind of situations.

Not all of us have the luxury of who we have in our groups - and not all of us have the luxury of treating shit players like shit, considering these people may have been friends for a long time, and might be perfectly fine in every other situation.

As for "good dm'ing 101" - the goal is to create soft barriers so you aren't shutting a player down completly. There are ways to do this - my suggestion was to limit a player from taking obviously jedi stuff and keep the campaign focused on EotE - my second suggestion was to make sure everyone is ok with the fact that a campaign might go pear shaped when the plot goes into obvious force use.

In my campaigns, my group works together to make characters that compliment each other, without deciding "im going to do x" and potentially ruining the fun of someone else. We consider this good manners, and it makes the game better for everyone involved,

It should not be up to the GM to salvage shit from a terribly made party of characters, made by players who dont give a shit about anyone but themselves

I rather like that the SW universe doesn't change technology on a dime. Most of human history has been slow, methodical adoption of technology, and SW overall shows that reasonably well I think.

I like that the SW universe is old as hell, and they've been repeating this same Empire/Republic song and dance for thousands of years now. It's poetry.

It will be great filler. Base ship with TRCs should be enough, I think. Gives the Imps a good small ship that isn't crap like the raider or non-Demolisher glads.

Take Yavaris. I ended up getting fifth at a regionals with it and Rieekan aces. It was so scary that my opponents ignored my MC30 with H9s, to their extreme detriment.

In a super-competitive meta I'd feel no compulsion against net-listing.

I mostly do that with Armada since I don't get nearly enough practice in with it to become a prodigy, like I am with X-wing.

Seriously. Anakin was the culmination of the Sith; corrupting the chosen one towards its own ends. He was perfect for it, just not perfect for one Chancellor Palpatine.

He didn't have the good graces to die and hand over his empire to his apprentice, so he ended up dooming the whole affair.

Of course Anakin couldn't understand when he was being outwitted on Mustafar, so who knows.

I'm just glad she was able to get one new movie in. For her sake as well as for us. her life kinda went to shit after SW and I'm glad she was able to get cleaned up and get back to the big time.

>corrupting the chosen one towards its own ends

Anakin wasn't made by the Light Side of the Force...

All of the principal photography for Episode VIII is done, she'll be in the next movie even if she dies.

He was not the Sith'ari that was Darth Bane, Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One of Jedi prophecy and did in fact bring balance back to the Force, you don't have to like it but thats WoG from Lucas himself.
For you two, pic related in my linked post unless you have some kind of information we don't, if so share your source. I hope this was sarcasm he was in fact created by the Force.

Is Aramada good? I'm not a fan of fighter combat unless it's a sim (X-Wing scale just ain't for me) and I prefer big napoleonic ships instead of fighters for TBS TT, so is it shit or is it good? Should I pick it up this christmas?

starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-wraps-shooting

Shooting wrapped months ago you mongoloid, this is incredibly old info. Stop being so bizarrely autistic about this, it's Star Wars relevant news, people are going to talk about it regardless of how much you try to convince them otherwise.

You know you don't actually own the thread right? Calm your tits.

>I hope this was sarcasm he was in fact created by the Force.

Its not sarcasm. Rogue One has given me a theory on what the force is, and if you look at it from this perspective, the force is both an energy field that jedi can tap into and use, as well as manipulable destiny on a galatic scale.

Its a religion that only the Jedi are a very small minority of, and are more like D&D clerics in that sense - while everyone else believes that the force is a part of their lives, and when it is with them, will cause fate to change for the better for them.

But this theory only really works if you look at star wars from the core of canon media.

As well, if you believe that the force can make things happen, that the dark side can do this as well.

Ergo, Anakin was made by the Force, but the Dark Side - because his rise gave rise to the Dark Side, and set into motion a grander swirl in the war between the Light and the Dark.

But again, this is just my theory. Feel free to say I;m full of shit

Active canon suggests that while non-Jedi/Sith Force Religions do exist, the Empire actively tries to stamp most of them out, and closely monitors the few it hasn't eliminated.

>play with Filoni
>get great NPCs
>live in terror of the moment he catches on that you like them

Yes I am aware that I don't own the thread, that said, this is a depressing subject and unless something changes for better or worse it need not be mentioned.
I'm aware that it did, but my point is that depressing everybody by bringing up Carrie's heart attack when pretty much anyone who comes into this thread already knows is pointless and not conducive to discussion of Star Wars, it however does invite plenty of pointless mourning and support posts but being that Carrie can not see and likely will never see them, whether she lives or dies makes inviting it idiocy unless there's new information.
I'm not saying you're full of shit Lucas and by extension Disney are, because afaik they adopted most of his canon rules when they bought his IP, and the films prove you wrong anyway, that said I can see how you came to this conclusion and you can feel free to keep it in your head-canon.

Fighter squadrons are an intrinsic part of Armada. Most good lists at this point use them at least somewhat.

I rather like the squadron combat in Armada because it is exceptionally brutal.

I enjoy it immensely myself, but it really isn't for everyone. I'd recommend you find someone who has it and play a few games before purchasing.

I mean, Anakin being the being of prophecy doesn't also stop him from being the culmination of the rule of two. At full power he absolutely had the raw power of seizing the galaxy. It's just the Force had other ideas in mind.

Kreia was right?

The Rule of Two wasn't a prophecy. it was a rule that there can only be two Sith at a time nothing more nothing less and Kreia was the ever spiteful Chris Avellone's mouthpiece and was completely wrong about the force according to LucasArts Studios, it made her a fine antagonist but a shitty character in general.

>and the films prove you wrong anyway,

Oh? In what way?
I ask because im trying to plug holes in my theory, so its helpful

Jedha changes that, considering it swarmed with force religions who successfully lobbied the empire to not destroy one of the last jedi temples

---

Anyway, to explain my theory a bit more
One of the big aspects of star wars that, heretofore, has made little to no sense, is that "May the Force be With You" is a saying amongst non-jedi, yet the Jedi are the only ones who can use the Force. That "The Force is Strong" without a real understanding of what this means, besides a general thought that it means your "better at space magic" - that there are force religions of people who are not force sensitive and worship the force, despite the fact that all we've ever learned about is what are a very small group of people (the jedi and the sith).

I think even the idea of Force Sensitivity is completely wrong, and using FFG as an example, it is, considering a person can buy into a force spec for a force rating, at any time in the campaign (previous to star wars d20 which required the feat at chargen).

But as I said, it only really holds up when applied to the Movies, specifically ANH, TFA, and Rogue One, with ESB a bit.

>Jedha changes that, considering it swarmed with force religions who successfully lobbied the empire to not destroy one of the last jedi temples
Sheev used their concentration there as a way to keep them in conflict and paint them with the same brush as Saw's partisans.

>Jedha changes that, considering it swarmed with force religions who successfully lobbied the empire to not destroy one of the last jedi temples
Until they got all they needed out of it, and promptly blew up the entire city with great prejudice, after having it under military occupation since Order 66.