Warhammer 40,000 General

Four arms are better than two.

>Previous Thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

word bearers a shit

Morld eaters the best legion

>only 4

fucking scrub

Our Martyred Lady is best order.

world*

6th for chainsword for a mouth

>tfw Black Templars are Khornates
>Complete devotion to their god
>Masters of swords and assault
>CRUSADES (of blood)
>Honorabu melee combat
>Hate witches
>really hate witch
>witch bad
>sharp sticks
>pointy stick too
>sharp and pointy sticks
>mebbe an axe or two
>no lances though
>no one gets lances
>ever
>no one
>not evn ur mom
>it makes sense
>trust me
>pointless line of green text
>look at my pic
>you clicked on it
>dont lie
>you clicked i know u did

Execution Force is the sexiest force

I thought this was going to be serious. Then I saw the rest of your post and had a laugh.

>you clicked i know u did
That part got me.

Also, quick rules question:
Can a unit that has no ranged weapons use the run action in the shooting phase? I feel like the answer is yes, but I don't know.

If so, the max move a Maulerfiend could move in one turn is 30", iirc. 12 in movement, 6 in run, 12 in charge.

So, what are you working on Veeky Forums?

Making any progress? Show us what you've been up to!

What are a good stand in for Cadians for a bit cheaper?

There was a long stretch where I almost started collecting sisters because of that color scheme alone. I'm glad I came to my senses once I did my research and realized none of the models were in plastic.

>cheaper than cadians
Uh, the Dark Vengeance cultists I guess? Cadians are dirt cheap though bro.

Lies.

Best order is Argent Shroud.

There's always the foot soldiers from the fantasy range.

Building GSC and Deathwatch forces, both forces look so cool I'd be willing to stomach 40k 7th to play with them.

would a kind user post the imperial guard color scheme chart?

also any color recommendations for Valhallan models that will be allied to a Black Templar army?

Who the hell is buying the battlegroup hammerblow set?

currently working on a drop pod and finding it exceedingly tedious to paint everything.

How do you explain D-weapons and other high strength weapons failing their To-Wound roll?

Like, against high T and high W models, I get it, but why not Guardsmen and such?

Any ideas on how to paint my new Skitarii? Probably the first time I don't have a backstory and such for my army.

Wargames factory sci-fi troopers(I think those are still being produced).
Mutant Chronicles: Warzone starter box minis from Prince August/ebay.
Various WW2 plastics from Warlord, though giving them lasguns will be tricky because of scale difference.

hit a non vital part of the target, like an ear

i need to finish building my start collecting eldar and guardians, i'm tempted to get more for them but i just got my made to order daemonettes and seekers today

>Hotline Marsami

.... do that one

Nope, Bloody Rose is still best.

I love Mars-Ami, but if you want to go for a less extravagant color scheme something like Iridescent is a great, fluffy color.

This guy drives up and hits you in the ear with his axe.

Wat do?

Unless you have a rule stating that you can, you may never run and charge in the same turn. So you woukd have a 12" movement, and then EITHER up to a 6" run, or up to a 12" charge.

And yes, you can run even if you do not have a shooting weapon.

Laugh at how goddamn ridiculous he looks til I die

and then laugh again

If I painted a set of Cadian guardsmen in a Mars-ami sort of color would I get sperged on?

Collect the missing pieces of my skull, I guess.

>can't run and charge the same turn
Why does GW hate Maulerfiends so much? They un-FAQ's the Magma Cutters, and now I find out you can't run and charge in the same turn.

If so, be a man and sperge back

I love it too, honest, I just don't think I can do it justice. I'm fond of pinks and purples and stuff so maybe some kind of blend of Mars-ami and Chiba City Blues? I'm wondering how Skitarii look in light colors vs. dark ones. As long as I stay away from red. Or hell, what about White?

I was also considering doing gold for a lot of the metal detailing? Or is that Heresy? What colors go good with gold...green? Purple?

Doesn't Azure look like a High Elf from Fantasy?

Only if you have a vaginal bleeding fetish.

Sacred Rose used to be my number pne but white is too mich of a PITA to paint. Silver just looks good. Though since on heraldry you can interchange white and silver I feel like their robes should be red and leave the face plate on the helmet white just to keep it standing put from the rest of the armour.

That said I have always liked painting red cloth over other colors so I admit a bias.

Alright Veeky Forums, which chapter is the manliest?

Goffs

Quote Fight Club?

>Son of a bitch! Right in the ear!

I like Ryza

That guy's cousin comes up to you and hits you in your other ear with his axe.

Wat do?

Flesh Tearers. Also Executioners.

It's like a dreamsicle robot. Does it shoot popsicles?

Also, I wonder if there's a good way to make Kastelan's guns more like Megaman arm cannons?

iron knights, they won feast of blades twice

laugh at how they can't kill a ws2 human easily

So Horus Heresy is a series of 40+ books that's still missing a gigantic portion of the Heresy's events, such as everything about the war in our solar system, not to mention Terra itself?

What else is missing? Is the Dropsite Massacre complete? I'm only beginning the 3rd book but I'm told it all goes downhill in regards to coherence after the 4th?

I have a similar issue with my Repentia. Yes they have fleet but GW stole their FnP and made it a one-off assault phase Act of Faith that pops during the fight phase. Sure it went to a 3+ but I have to get my T3/6++ models TO combat to make it work.

I personally enjoy crimson with gold, though since you said you didn't like red, blue and purple would both work great. Black would work well too. Green isn't a traditional color with gold, but it wouldn't hurt to try it on a mini then just strip it down if it doesn't work out. I feel like olive green with a lime highlight and black wash could work well to bring out the gold.

and yes

Just finished up my Raider. 1 down, 2(1 raider, 1 ravager) left to go. The sail is not glued in so I can show if it's wrecked/etc.

die admiring those stupid sexy legs.

Whats the best place -Third Party included- to get the little decorative skull bits from Devastators? Things like the little floating skull dude and the backpack hanger

>Also, I wonder if there's a good way to make Kastelan's guns more like Megaman arm cannons?
Looks like you'd just have to cut off the gun barrels and magazines, drill a large hole in what's left of the end of his wrist and you're good to go.

Flesh tearers ewww. Your guys geneseed is more corrupt than us normal blood angels and we already have a problem with not enough troops.

I don't understand the context of the question. You can just get the bits by themselves on eBay after some struggle in auctions or for a relatively high premium on aesthetic bits. I suppose you could just google search for third parties who happen to make servo skulls, but I can't imagine there being any money in it.

I'm just putting the rest of my Bloodletters together before I start painting. Not bothering with a pic since there's really no point right now. It's been slow going since I've been on mandatory 60-hour weeks due to the holidays but that's finally over now so I can actually get to work on my dudes tomorrow.

Yeah, I mean, Mars is all red so I'd rather not be carbon copy.
I was considering that Blackguards option up there, but snazz it up with gold instead, with red energy? That's rather Sith sounding now that I think about.

The other thing is that, I'm not sure how this'd look on my vehicles? That's always a deciding factor.

Part of the problem is codex limit. Once Tyranids om nom your homeworld and End Times hits Terra, Blood Angels will suspend Codex limits and blow up to the monstrous legion they were before.

>have a problem with not enough troops

Have you tried not having most of the chapter die on Space Hulks?

The whole one per game rule with faith is fucking stupid. What was wrong with the whole roll a D6 for how many Acts of Faith you can perform? That was a great system that made it so you could occasionally have a nice buff.

As for Repentia, I just got a box of 10 for fun, but I don't know how I'm going to use them. I thought it might be fun for a not competitive list where I took Bullgryn and Repentia together and the Repentia could run behind them for that sweet 3+ cover save.

Dark Angels don't have a problem with it (because they break the codex limit with technicalities, obviously).

>8th edition space marines merge successors into parent chapters
>legions reborn
>20 man tactical squads in 40k
yes please

Hey i mean we still have some of the most successful space hulk missions ever.

If there is even enough of us left alive after the nids have destroyed our homeworld. Also even if they suspend codex limits the geneseed is only getting worse and less people are surviving the process and more people are losing to the black rage every single year. By the time the end times get here i fear we will fall to Khorne.

Black Templars

>No fucks given for anything but crusading
>Overkill is best kill
>Manly enough to speed forward in fuckhuge tanks while a creeping barrage covers their advance
>Scouts the enemy by CHARGING THEM!
>Chosen for a top secret mission to fix the golden throne, probably due to their GIANT BALLS OF STEEL!

That would be pretty nice. Throwing a gold trim onto the coat would look great as well.

Vehicles, I'm not sure on. Dunecrawlers with gold highlights and red energy would look great in my opinion. Castellans would look pretty good as well. I thought lime green would look nice earlier, but it would just look gaudy on the vehicles. If you wanted to go green, definitely use a drab.

I think Blackguard will look great on anything. With gold and red, it would look awesome for sure.

>20 man tactical
i barely have enough room to field 20 tactical in 2 separate groups of 10. How the hell am i going to justify taking 40 troop choices that are just bad.

Blood Angels always get so fucked in the fluff.

Needs more bolters

If the Black Templar can just shit their excess initiate numbers on the front lines, then so can the Blood Angels too with Death Companies. Hell it worked for Corax that one time, and kind of worked for Space Wolves the entire time with those browolves.

Acts of Faith currently suffer from being watered down USRs or Chapter Tactics. The flavor of the C:WH ones were so much better for the army too.

Flipside was C:WH encouraged Immospam for max faith points by running MSUs but the concept was still decent.

I am a big fan of Repentia since they fit the army theme so well and used to look for ways to make them work in both C:WH and the WD-dex. I haven't found a real viable way to use them in a pure Sisters list. Maybe as a massive blob using a lone priest ala the new Ministorum detachment?

Yeah but that doesn't help Blood Angels any in that respect. Besides Dark Angels apparently foster traitor chapters via Space Hulks instead.

even with the nerf to battle brothers transports (can't start in them, can still board them) you could do something silly and run a space marine detachment with a spartan (yes, it has 40k rules) and stick a repentia blob in there.

it's a rather silly way to try to make them useful since their ride costs more than they do, but hey, I'm trying to think of something here

Yea but the problem with that is after the battle all the death Company that survived are usually killed.

but bolters aren't even that good

This is my take on the Blood angels decurion any ideas how i can improve it? Also is 2 power swords and one powerfist a good load out for a death company squad?

I found these three online. I really like the first one but it seems like the gold really overshadows everything. The middle one might be really neat though, with a dark blue and dark browns to complement the gold.

And the third one looks like a White Mage.

shit forgot the picture

16 books in and I'm pretty sure they're only up to ~30 actual novels, give or take, plus a bunch of novellas. Not sure how far along in events they've gotten exactly but the entirety of the Battle of Terra needs to happen, and I imagine they'd do the Scouring afterwards as well.

We're in for a long ride, lad.

Bolters aren't that good, but what does that have to do with Blood Angels and their successors getting shit on fluff wise and tabletop wise?

Does anyone paint custom chapter miniatures?

shit i meant to link to Im tired i should probably be getting some sleep

My 2nd marine army was a diy.

wait, since when could a dc dread take two HFs? pretty sure it's either storm bolter/HF, storm bolter/melta or melta/HF. doubling up on the fist guns would be lovely but the kit doesn't actually allow for that

Can we all unanimously agree that Sigismund is best marine?

it can't i kinda threw the list together in like 30 minutes to try and make something good out of it. I completely forgot to check what the death company dread uses as i dont actually use one on TT.

NEEDS MORE BOLTERS

You should paint them brass and green, with wooden housings for their weapons and the like.
Then give your Magos the most magnificent mustache and pipe you can think of.

Which is a viable option if you want mutants in your army, but I run my Sisters army pure. Just like the God-Emperor intended.

Oh my god I hadn't thought of this. I don't have the knowhow to completely Steampunk the army but jesus christ that sounds amazing. Maybe not green, but I'm down for the brass and wooden housings though.

First one is nice, if a bit blinding. If you wanted to go for that, I'd say break it up with some silver and bronze, and maybe some non-metallics on the shoulders and thighs.

The middle is nice, but I think the robes are a bit dull myself. This is just personal preference, but I'd throw in some patterns on the edge to make it a bit more popping.

Third one is great. Nice color, nice patterns, enough detail without being crowded, all around wonderfully painted. If you want to stay away from red I'd recommend going for a purple shade since you seemed to enjoy that earlier.

All three are great choices. They'd all look great on vehicles as well. Personally, I think I'd go with the white.

I'm gonna paint up my warband soon but I'm still kinda torn on the color scheme. Leaning more towards the second now though.

Who needs Riptides?

So the Primus Medicae is supposedly getting released next week, and I'm currently on vacation in the asscrack of America, miles away from any GW store. Are there any UKbros who would do me a tremendous favour and nab one for me? I would pay you for your trouble.

Hm. I've heard white is a bitch to paint though? I've never done white before. And I'd have to free-hand that red detail. So knowing me I'd probably just do the edges red (or whatever) and call it a day. So white cloth, gold metals, and whatever color detailing. Maybe purple.

Purple white and gold sounds like royal colors, honestly.

Also, the first one kind of looks like Custodes, with a black skirt sort of thing. I think that's why it bothers me? I'll keep it in mind. And the second one has nice wood/detailing but the robe part is a little bland. Maybe it's different from the back?

Yes

Like for commissions? Or do you mean do people in general come up with their own color scheme? I know I painted Guard my own pattern for everything. I like having something that feels like mine.

Daaaamn son. Got any closeups?

>Asscrack of 'murrica miles away from a GW store

hey you must be down the street from me!

To whatever shit on here who said to mix metallic paints with superglue to get more pigment for a better effect, you're a dick.

rebuy from chinese recasters

Only a couple on my phone

They're pretty good user.

White can be a bitch. It takes a lot of layers to get a decent coat, and other colors cover it up ridiculously easily. Cleaning it up sucks, and freehanding will only exaggerate the problems. Plus, getting a true white shade of white sucks ass. Warhammer TV did have some good white tutorials in one of their 30k videos, they used Rakarth flesh and got a great white color. If you want a similar contrast minus most of the bullshit, I'd say use a light grey. As for freehanding details, I'm with you that it sucks. I'd say try it on a mini or two and see if it's too bad to cover the whole army with. If it is, just go for a few milimeters of purple or gold on the edge.