Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How is your party celebrating Crystalhue? What kind of gifts are they giving and receiving? Getting married to any cute/thicc waifus?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1044187
docs.google.com/document/d/1lYUWfseUm_kqg93sKfYwUcctvcWImEObM9NwtrY_iGk/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#TOC-Magic-Item-Creation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crystalhuehuehue

My Magus is currently back home for the holiday, having sex with his wife for the purpose of procreation.

I don't really know, but kind of hoping RotJR encompasses Kuthona so the party can celebrate it in-character during the journey.

I was making this character for ROTJR. She's a Vishkanya with extra deadly bodily poisons and in general I want to use a lot of poison themes. But I'm sort of stumped on how to proceed. I'm not sure what methods would be best for delivering Steel Serpent maneuvers and other poisons, especially since I think you really really need that +2 discipline weapon bonus because all the saves involved are Fortitude. I also feel like the character is too spread out and has too many class features that don't really add up to excelling at much. Does anyone have any advice? You can ignore all those notes and stuff on fluff for now, unless you really want to read it all. Most of it is comments made by multiple people, which is why it seems so "stream of consciousness".

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1044187

Here's to hoping it isn't kitsune breastmilk hour still.

Why are people still making characters for ROTJR? Isn't it like five months old now

Because applications haven't actually been opened-up yet. And only two months, too.

There's probably a fair few ways to apply poison to natural weapons or unarmed strikes--using some kind of archetype focused on those or replacing Alchemist with something that can focus more on poison (Slayer? Ninja?) might be a good idea.

Where can I find a download for the legendary vigilante? I can't find it in the troves.

It's in there, trove 1.

Legendary Games.

Thank you, I am dumb.

Why natural attacks?

Also, I can't really lose Alchemist. The Toxicant archetype is kind of a theme for the whole thing.

Because I haven't found anything yet that enhances the ability to apply it to manufactured ones. The closest I can find so far is Adder Strike.

Still searching the SRD.

More attacks means more chances to inflict poison.

Fluff can always be changed.

>replacing Alchemist with something that can focus more on poison
u fucking wot m8

We all make fools of ourselves from time to time.

I mean some people of course lack the capacity to stop making a fool of themselves every waking moment of their lives, their existence rendered nothing more than a cruel joke inflicted upon them by the universe and their own patent silliness.

But we all make fools of ourselves from time to time. No worries mate. No worries.

Nope, pretty much every poison-related feat is either spells, slayer/rogue stuff, or just makes the poisons themselves stronger.

Only other things I've seen are Adder Strike and a grit feat.

>How is your party celebrating Crystalhue?

Who said they were?

Doesn't the DC of a poison get stronger by 2 every time you get hit with it?

The DC increases by 2 every time you fail a save against a new dose of the poison. However, that still requires you to fail the save once.

So as an example, you get hit with Small Centipede Poison (DC 11). If you fail the save, your recurring save is 11. Get hit again (and fail for the new dose) and your recurring save becomes 13 instead.

Nah.

Successive doses increase the save DC if they fail the save to resist getting infected with it.

>replacing Alchemist with something that can focus more on poison

... but there is no class better than alchemist at poison

In that case what are you supposed to poison things with that have an inherent save of like, anything +9 or greater? Just hit them a bajillion times and just hope they roll a 1?

I think Shifters are, if I'm honest.

Just because they can have an endless amount of poison that scales.

Basically, uh... yes. Which is one reason I think Shifters can do it really well, since they can just disgorge poison CONSTANTLY if they want.

>celebrating holidays

That time could be put to so many more productive uses. Like closing the Worldwound, or perhaps destroying Irrisen, or maybe even closing up the even bigger Worldwound on the moon.

That's one option. There's also enough feats, magic items, and class features to boost poison DCs up to around 30 without any real cheese or tricksy rule readings.

I think I managed to hit 70+ with one build.

>The moon

Oh just blow the fucking thing up already for crap sake.

There's a stance in Steel Serpent that gives scaling poison DCs and several maneuvers in that same discipline that increase DCs of all applied poisons. I see user has both of those on his sheet so I assume that's the route he was going... if he was going manufactured poisons at all, which there's certainly no need to do with Steel Serpent and Toxicant filling the gap.

Tell me more

Finally, an excuse to post this pic!

>ruin the tides
>flood everything

I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST

One wonders why something like that hasn't been seriously considered, Heck apparently a weapon that powerful has existed in Pokemon for thousands of years.

Because you would render life on the planet un fucking livable.

It's two in the morning and I have spent the past five hours making an Unchained Medium.

docs.google.com/document/d/1lYUWfseUm_kqg93sKfYwUcctvcWImEObM9NwtrY_iGk/edit?usp=sharing

It is incompatible with previous medium archetypes, but makes up for this by fixing some of the glaring issues of the Medium (some abilities are difficult to use, you don't get any bonus feats that allow you to more easily adapt to situations, some abilities are just plain worthless, the Guardian spirit is a burning trash heap, etc.). I made this more or less for the sake of making it. Leave a comment if it seems unbalanced or I made a mistake in writing something.

Also, yes, the spells known of a Bloodrager and the Spells Per Day of a Bard was intentional. You get earlier access to the good Medium spells but know fewer of them, and have no 5th or 6th level spells. To get them, you need to channel the Hierophant or Archmage, which is meant to balance the whole "earlier access to medium spells" deal, also because I didn't like the wording of the original Lesser Archmage/Hierophant abilities.

Why don't we plug the worldwound with the moon? I don't forsee any problems with such a solution, do you?

True, but this isn't a planet we're talking about, it's just a satellite.

If we'd never had a moon, we'd be fine. Since all life evolved during the moon's existence, we are pretty reliant on it. But that's not even really the problem. The problem is algae.

Without the tides, algae wouldn't be able to grow properly. A mass casualty event for algae, worldwide, is pretty much a gameover for the planet.

Should have waited user. Now it will never be seen, it's sealed forever in the dead hours and you'll only look desperate for attention, and be ignored for that, if you repost it.

Wait really? Algae need the tides to grow?

I've had this saved for a long time and I see it posted on Veeky Forums every now and then. I want to finally use it for a character, and I always think of like, a guy that switches masks to inspire different emotions...

Would anyone care who he was without the masks?

Rolled 2, 3 + 3 = 8 (2d4 + 3)

>realize It's 2:40 AM
>tfw was brainstorming so hard I lost track of time
>tfw want to keep brainstorming

chargen really is the most fun part of this game

Ideally, no.

Tunon is a shit character

So basically what you're saying is we slam the two worldwounds together. Block the moonwound with the golarionwound and vice-versa.

Sounds like your idea is to have two assholes shit demons into each other.

As long as they aren't ending up here, right?

Shit demons out of hell, back INTO hell. Problem solved.

l would like to know if he would die if I took that mask off.

Tell me about your character's menstrual cycle, /pfg/!

locked permanently to ovulate. Next question.

Three hundred gallons of blood per second at a pressure strong enough to cut steel, constantly. They're rocketing past Pluto as we speak.

So is there like a discord group or something here I could get into?

Yes. The tides are what causes algae to spawn more algae.

She can't, because changelings don't actualy mature into 'adults'.

Unless they transform into hags, which is what an adult changeling is.

Changelings are basically neotenic; when they age, they don't 'grow old', they start withering away at old, and become wizened childlike creatures at venerable. This means most do not develop secondary sexual characteristics (there are exceptions, especially Green Widows), and none of them can become pregnant.

Does anybody in the thread happen to have "Asian Archetypes: Martial" by N.Jolly from Legendary Games?

goddamnit user, it's gross enough as is but you have to force us to keep our attention by throwing in the general thrust equation?

Trinia Sabor is cute! Cute!

So worried that current campaign is gonna have her being bland, a bitch, or dead. GM has barely allowed time for anything but combat, and I'm worried our resident That Guy is just gonna off her 'cause he thinks it's funny.

I'm more partial to her original look--I actually prefer the old hairstyle, plus DEM HIPS.

Would much rather mamoru this smile...

...than this one.

XKCD's What If article about Niagra Falls inspired me, what can I say.

If I get Recharge Innate Magic as a spell like ability, does it recharge itself?

My character is going to get 3 0-level and 1 1st-level Druid spells as spell like abilities once per day. If my choice for 1st level is Recharge Innate Magic, does that reset my usage? All this lets me do is cast 3 cantrips before needing to spend a standard action to do it again, which doesn't seems too crazy balance wise, especially if I have to give up a 1st level spell to do it.

If you had to pick, which would you? Character has Darkvision to 120 and grew up in the Understand, escaping Drow captivity but struggling to find the surface for months, requiring him to hide and survive on his own for awhile.

>grew up in the Understand
Underdark, he grew up in the Underdark. And he's a Half-Orc.

While your usage is low-key, I'm pretty sure you can't recharge recharge innate magic with recharge innate magic.

Also keep in mind it's only RACIALS that get recharged, so as to avoid things like recharging quicken SLA.

Happy Solstice, Merry Xmas.

It is a racial, Fey Magic Half-Orc alternate racial feature.
And that's too bad, it would have been nice to have Flare always at the ready as a go-to defense against creatures with Light Blindness.

Y'know, as many times as it's been used, I really do just enjoy the idea of a Thesaurus being a kindly, bespectacled dinosaur with a spectacular vocabulary.

I mean, I don't see why it wouldn't work. And it's not like it'd break anything, I mean they're fucking cantrips you're getting back. Spells that are explicitly intended to be at-friggin-will anyway.

I have no idea why any ability is a cantrip a limited number of times per day. And apparently? At least someone at paizo agrees, because the Unchained Minor Magic rogue talent lets you use the chosen cantrip at will.

So honestly, I'd say go for it. Fuck, if I were your DM I'd just say scrap the 1st level entirely if you want and just have those three cantrips at will.

Just get the cantrip feature from somewhere, it only takes A level and comes with tons of stuff. Sounds like it might be 'cheaper' for you to take a level of a caster for this than going through several feats and traits and racial abilities worth just to do the same thing.

A big trick to optimization is not "get bigger number" but rather "can I do this cheaper/easier". Because your "build" can be seen as a budgeted resource. You have X levels to work with, Y feats, A race, Z skill points, and so on.

I'm only giving up Orc Ferocity for it, it's not that big of a cost. Meanwhile, I'm playing a Rogue So I don't want to spoil the concept with "just play a caster instead".

I agree with you, but I always feel like I'm cheating when my DM let's me do something not RAW, so I was wondering what others thought too.

The thing about this game is that the RAW is, in many, many cases, a load of old wank.

Just talk to him about it.

Alternatively, if you're a rogue, take the Minor Magic talent (The unchained one) and Bookish Rogue, which lets you swap out your chosen cantrip with like, 15 minutes of study I think?

Then you've got any cantrip you can slam into a spellbook. Yes it's not all of them at once, but it's all of them.

I mean heck, you could even ask your DM if he'd be okay with you taking Minor Magic again for a second cantrip slot.

I actually hadn't considered that, since I usually make sure I have a working base concept before I start adding character levels, but that works out perfectly fine. Thanks, friend.

No worries man.

And Bookish Rogue applies to Major Magic too, and the unchained Major Magic is one use per two rogue levels as well.

So you can get some really good mileage out of all that. Fill up a spellbook with cantrips and 1st level spells and you can pull out a ton of basic utility.

You can do the same with major magic too.

Unchained Rogue helped though.

>XKCD

Ew!

So hear me out on this guys:
>Be Wizard
>Have Craft Wand
>Have Limited wish
>Use Limited Wish to craft Divine Spell Wands
>Take dip in Cleric
>Can now cast 0-4 Level Divine Spells at Wizard Caster Level

Any reason this couldnt be done rule-wise?

Wouldn't the spells cast through limited wish be at around caster level... 13? Making the wands super expensive?

How...? Like... what is the actual sequence of events you're trying to convey here because I'm not getting it.

I don't think you can use limited wish to circumvent needing to be able to cast the spells. And even if you could, you'd need to provide the material component for each charge, so that would be neat 75 000gp in diamonds to create a single wand.

All good ideas, but I probably won't push it too far. It would have been something they learned to do to survive before the surface, not something hey want to pursue deeply. I might go for some of this though.

>Half-Orc sold from human mother into slavery
>slavers offer next to nothing because still a toddler and can't really do much, but they know Hal-Orcs make good labor workers
>Drow night-raid the stock
>live the rest of his formative years in service and in the Underdark
>learning that bright light doesn't hurt him makes him curious what else he could and that his Drow mistresses can't
>desire to see the surface grows until he makes an escape
>has never tried to go up before
>so he struggles for several weeks to breach ground
>survives on the barest supplies and learning any trick to survive until he finally makes it
>drow culture of trickery, stealth, and cold violent actions mixes with his orc bloods natural leanience toward ferocity and brawn for a two-handed weapon Strength based rogue build
My only concern is that it might be too edgy. But the Character was going to be played more like Ariel from Little Mermaid, full of wonder and curiosity, but more emphaticly eager and less blissfully bubbly, so maybe that will balance it out.

You can, the spell just has to be cast once a day to make the item. Wizards can have clerics cast a spell for them while the wizard makes the wand. Limited Wish isn't useful because of the high level required and the high caster level. Especially when compared to just asking the cleric to help.

You're not actually casting the spell, though, you're just duplicating its effects.

Irrelevant.

Debatable.

It duplicates the spell, not just the effects, and a copy of something is still that something. Your DM might say it doesn't count, but that's really dumb given how much they're actually paying to use this method. It would be much much much cheaper to hire an npc spellcaster.

Honestly, I don't see an issue with it.

Because you're spending a goddamn patently fucking ridiculous amount of money to make this shit work anyway, it'd be cheaper just buying some fucking cleric scrolls and using them to make wands.

I mean fuck, there's archetypes and shit to cast wands at your own CL rather than the wand's. Just get one of those, make some cheapass cleric wands, and be happy. No need for this THQ-level money hemorrhaging runaround with Limited Wish.

By my calculation, it'd be like 20k~ for a 4th level spell. Pretty expensive but not undoable.

But you're not casting Limited Wish 50 times.

What if the GM/setting makes it difficult to find a high enough level NPC Cleric get the spell service/Scroll from?

>By my calculation, it'd be like 20k~ for a 4th level spell. Pretty expensive but not undoable.
750*cl (13 minimum) * spell level (4 in this case) = 39,000 gold. That's pretty damn expensive when you can get a cleric npc to help for a fraction of that cost. And that's before spending the 1500 material cost for limited wish for each of the 39 days.

>But you're not casting Limited Wish 50 times.
You need to provide the material component per charge.

Isnt the cost halved because I'm crafting it myself? That's how I got that 20k.

Because the wands still go off your cleric casting level of the base caster level for the wand.

Incidentally, you don't need to use limited wish to craft divine spell wands, since you just take a -5 penalty to the spellcraft check for not having the spell in your list.

Yes, but I forgot about that. That still doesn't halve the cost of casting Limited Wish each day.

>Incidentally, you don't need to use limited wish to craft divine spell wands, since you just take a -5 penalty to the spellcraft check for not having the spell in your list.
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#TOC-Magic-Item-Creation
"In addition, you cannot create potions, spell-trigger, or spell-completion magic items without meeting its prerequisites."

Caster Level is decided by the Class Level of the Class you used to cast the spell with. I casted Limited Wish as a Wizard spell, so by my thinking, whatever I make the Wand cast should have my Wizard caster level.

But I'm not casting Limited Wish each day. Just the one time when I Craft the Wand. Atleast that's my idea here.

When crafting an item that takes multiple days you have to cast the spell each day.

Not unless you pay the increased price for it. A magic item is created using the minimum caster level requirements for the spell in the wand or potion (which is why items created by paladins, sorcerers, and so on cost more).

So, what you REALLY mean to do here is not craft wand, but use Limited Wish to Wish the wand into existence. So you spend the extra gold beyond 1500 and you get a wand of the type you wished for. Which means you still have to pay for the higher caster level of the wand (see Wand of Magic Missiles).

In other words, you're trying to do something mechanically impossible, munchkin-chan.

I sit corrected.

>Paladins
One thing to consider though is the lower level casters have a number of discounted spells, and a lower spell level also results in reduced cost.

Things like the Summoner's Haste, and Paladin's... Restoration I think?

Wand of lesser restoration for 750 gp.