ITS FUCKING HAPPENJNG

ITS FUCKING HAPPENJNG

We already had blackshield blood ravens in HH6 now we'll get them proper with their first chapter master
If they end up fighting on Terra then they'll retcon the traitor TS to also be there to have corny 'brother....' scenes

Oh sweet! The next chapter of Magnus: Shippuden is out!

Is this a new novel? Can't find info of it anywhere.

What? He's just becoming a Knight-Errant.

It's a short story in the Black Library advent calendar, it released today.

Anyone wanna share it?

I really hope, but I don't expect at all, for any kind of Blood Ravens connection. Probably Malcador saved him, and Garro takes him with other rejects.

Almost. Reposting user's summary from /hhg/:

>Malcador tries to save Arvida from the flesh change. He fails. It turns out however, that a shard of Magnus is loitering around in the ancient spaces beneath the palace, and Malcador plans to use Arvida to draw him out. He plugs Arvida into a bunch of tech in one of the warding chambers.
Arvida has a bunch of psychic visions etc, in which he is joined by his old tutelary Ianius, and eventually finds the shard of Magnus.
In the real world, the Khan turns up and is super pissed that Mal isn't saving Arvida and is instead using him for some sorcerous bullshit
Stuff happens in the psychic realm between the Magnus shard and Arvida, while in the real world, the Khan takes his sword to all the creepy machines in the warding room
The end result is that Arvida's body coalesces back into existence, untainted of the flesh change...but he's got a damaged eye. He says to Mal that, sorry, I know you wanted the shard of Magnus, but you've got me instead.
The Khan takes a long look at him, then says yo you ain't Arvida...and you aren't my brother either. What's your name?
Ianius, is the answer

>alternate spelling of Janus
What did he mean by this?

>Ianius
Is that name improtant or known?

So what the hell does that mean?

Janus is the mysterious first Grand Master and founder of the Grey Knights.

>bloody magpies untouched by filthy BL writers
Thank fuck for that

Uh. I would have preferred Omegon (who took the mantle of Traitor Alpharius) to become Janus but oh well.

Omegon dies by Girlyman's hands after the HH. Or did he?

The main body of the sons was there in older lore, too. They just spent their time summoning demons instead of attacking the locals directly.

>muffled ADB REEEEEing in the distance

Alpharius dies. And Omegon assumes the mantle of the traitor (while being a loyalist normally) to save his skin.

So first master of GK is actually magnus?
Part of him?
Mind. Blown the fuck out.

Only Magnus can beat Magnus.
>marines turning into primarch like avatars thanks to some psychic/science magic soon.

No, the first Grand Master is apparently a daemon in human form. Or I guess Tutaleries might actually be in a similar boat to the wolf spirits of Fenris in their not actually being daemons-ness.

It this continues to expand on warp beings, I'm actually all for it.

Why is ADB the worst WH40k metaplot pusher in Black Library?

Didn't Dorn kill Alpharius? So the "alpharius" that was left after was Omegon, who may or may not have been killed by Roboute or is now impersonating Roboute in the stasis chamber.

Fucking source.
Just because you can say things dosent mean you should

Literally higher up in the thread. Ianius is the Thousand Son's tutelary, which is kinda like a warp construct or spirit I don't think. Ianius is another name/spelling for Janus, who is himself the name sake of the first Grand Master of the Grey Knights. The fact this guy is directly linked to Malcador during the time when the Grey Knights are being pulled together leads to some interesting conclusions.

His inability to separate his personal issues with his writing, leading to daddy issues galore and a stop liking what I don't like mentality.
It's frankly sad, because he was one of the better ones before his problems rose to the surface.

Same, desu, finding out more about the Warp other than just "Daemons live there" has lots of potential.

So... anyone care to share? Please? Merry Christmas? I love you long time?

Oh duck it's on

Is this really how it goes?

I remember picking these books up... god, forever ago. Mainly when Dan Abnett was writing. I remember the Luna Wolves had their little elitist clique, but the new guy was left out and eventually picked up by the other main character forming the Grey Knights after the Istvan bombing.

Great, more TWEESTS AND TURMS from Black Library.

Why are some of the BL writers so autistic? Like, they're fucking grown people. What the fuck.

The Thousand Sons thing people love so much is almost entirely BL to begin with. Even the IA article that kicked it all off was written by a dev who's now only really known as a BL author - and strictly speaking, it didn't actually link them, it just drew a parallel between Magnus and an aspect of the Blood Ravens that's never been reflected in any of the games, the only implication being that they're headed on the same path he was.

If he was really as all about daddy issues as everyone says, then he would love the idea of Blood Ravens being Thousand Sons.

>Prayer strips sealed to this power armor by Reclusiarch Mikelus read: "I am a Blood Raven, born into the starry sky on wings of hate. Hate for the alien and his opposition to Man. Hate for the treasons of brothers and fathers."
>Remember always those mighty sons of the Emperor, fathers to all our chapters. Remember that even in their number, treason took root. Remember that we still pay for that dark truth.
>"Sons must atone for the sins of their fathers."

I liked that theory, myself. Shame it's not the case.

>You can't have a thing you like because I say so

How the can someone write so much shit about this setting and still not even fucking get it at all?

Because 99% of the current generation of writers and editors are the ascended fanboys autistic enough to get a job writing and editing for GW.

You realize the user in that post could very much be talking out of his ass, right?

Even if ADB has that attitude, I doubt he'd be stupid enough to put it in a public forum.

ADB's argument is something along the lines of "40k is a sandbox setting about Your Dudes" and how explaining mysteries makes the setting smaller because there's no more speculation. Though to be fair it seems a bit hypocritical for a guy who's writing HH for Black Library. So usually he uses his position to kill fan theories like "Blood Ravens are not descended from 1k Sons loyalists" or "Space Yiffs didn't purge the two lost legions"

So if Magpies aren't Thousand Sons, what is their parent legion?

One of the lost legions?

Can someone explain me from where came the joke about ADB daddy issues and how it is the source of the recent chaos wank?

Imperial Fists.

So close to true greatness, and yet so very, very far.

Based on what? Their loot?

Alpharius and Omegon could inject marines with their blood in a chemical cocktail to temporarily give them Primarch-like abilities, I think? So no way of knowing if you're actually killing a Primarch or just another Astartes.

Apparently Goto tried to do that in his first draft of the first DoW novel, and the editor came down really hard on him for it.

I think it's mostly got to do with his portrayal of the Emperor as a selfish, uncaring incompetent who (according to some peoples' interpretations of his latest HH book) saw the Primarchs as tools rather than people.

That is fucking bullshit. The whole
>Loyalist remnants of Traitor Legions Chapters
is being done with other Legions who nobody expected, like the Iron Warriors/Silver Skulls, but Black Library/ADB go out of their way to invalidate all other previously Traitor-linked Chapters? Why?

>is being done with other Legions who nobody expected, like the Iron Warriors/Silver Skulls
Don't forget the Death Eagles/Emperor's Children link.

To be fair though, the SS' Chapter badge and colour scheme already had people speculating about an Iron Warriors link.

Yeah, but the 41st Millenium Silver Skulls do not resemble the Iron Warriors very much at all in Black Library fluff.

Meanwhile, people have been linking the Blood Ravens to the Thousand Sons for almost 10 years now.

Explaining things isn't the problem.

Directly connecting 1:1 to something in M41 is what he feels makes the setting smaller. Take Perturabo's Trident commanders. All three of them are the same commanders of the Iron Warriors in M41. Meaning that none of them will ever lose, none of them will be replaced, nothing will change in the IW high command in 10,000 years, and that's boring.

I'd be kind of annoyed too if people kept trying to tie the Blood Ravens to the Thousand Sons after the former had been ruined by memes and more importantly if the author of the novel which supposedly authors evidence of such a conclusion says that wasn't his intention.

Well like ADB says, he does have access to the people who would create such a thing and thus can likely get a straight yes or no answer.

To be fair it's easy to look at Lorgar and Angron and the heavy handed approach that the Emperor took with both of them and surmise that he pretty much only cares about them doing what he wants them to do. It's a nice way as well of showing how everything could get fucked up and how the Primarchs aren't supermen but merely super powered humans.

>Yeah, but the 41st Millenium Silver Skulls do not resemble the Iron Warriors very much at all in Black Library fluff.
That doesn't mean much though, since Successors don't have to be carbon copies of their parent Chapters. A lot can change over several thousand years, like with the Mortifactors.

Are people really mad that Arvida is Janus when he was one of the top 5 most likely suspects?

Nu uh! Every chapter is exactly like their parent chapter except the Black Templar! Otherwise they'd have their own chapter tactics :^)

I thought it was hilarious Janus essentially loyalist magnus but whatever.

That's already endemic in 40K canon though. For the most part, the First Founding Chapters/Legions are all still milking the same gimmicks that they have since at least the end of the Heresy, usually longer in the case of most of the loyalists. At most, aspects of their gimmicks have become exaggerated over time. but GW has decided to keep them more-or-less in cultural stasis.

It's one of the many things that makes me ask if GW even knows how long 10K years is.

What crueller twist could there be than to finally uncover the identity of your progenitor, after centuries of anticipation, only to learn that they are indeed among the top tier of the champions of mankind... but not quite THE top.

For Thule, before he found and read those records, there was still a chance, still hope, for what the truth of the Blood Ravens' heritage might hold. Hope that they too might share in the genetic legacy of the Greatest of Astartes, whose example all other true Space Marines aspire to emulate.

But instead they had to settle for second best. A consolation prize.

It never really occurred to me as being unrealistic that they keep certain traits. For GW it's probably just an easy way of helping a Chapter to have an identity and some of them are so old now that rocking the boat just isn't feasible. There is a reason why in Wrath of Magnus they blew up a planet other than Fenris.

Having the same gimmick isn't even close to saying, "This thing is 100% the exact same thing 10,000 years later."

Omegon being Janus would have still been a better tweest

Personally I think this was the original intention, but somewhere along the way they decided to kill off Alpharius and have Omegon not be loyal

>former had been ruined by memes
For fucks sake, go outside for once.

Even so, aside from the Chapter symbol there was nothing to make you think they were Iron Warriors at all, unless you think their tech-heresy made them sort of like the Iron Warriors.

Any Hope of a post of the story. Please

>he does have access to the people who would create such a thing and thus can likely get a straight yes or no answer

This is my problem. There shouldn't be a straight yes or no answer.

Does that happen with blood of all Primarchs?

I though the Minotaurs were the secret IW offshoot chapter

Or there's more than one I guess for each legion

Nvm, they are World Eaters, I'm retarded

I would read that.

Mark my words, Alpharius learned how to transmutate his own soul into other bodies, the ultimate stealth capability. This is thanks to his study of necron technology. He even uses a necron spear as a weapon.

Alpharius was killed by Dorn but not his soul. What Omegon felt was Alpharius no longer existing in the inmaterium, but he does exist in the warp.

Don't beg for something that costs 2 pounds, have some pride.

Seriously. It's these complainers that are shallow

Why would it be him? Makes as much sense as tits on a duck

gtf off Veeky Forums dicknose

Why would something digital have weight, user?

My nigga...

One thing comes to mind.
So, Janus is apparently a warp entity/daemon in Arvida's body. This casts a really sinister light on the ritual name change that GK undergo. Are they actually all possessed by warp-beings? Would explain why they are so effective against chaos and why they have to be so damn secret.

A better question would be, why panic? Its cemented in lore that Arvida founded the Blood Ravens. Theres nothing in lore which says Arvida stayed. Theres nothing in lore which says the Grey Knights can't take a chapter master into their elite order. Its just assumed that no organization ever tries to take a chapter master away from his chapter for their own because of killy reasons.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Stale memes have seemingly become the Blood Raven's only claim to fame considering their are numerous other Chapters with color schemes similar to their own and both the Thousand Sons and Grey Knights do the psychic Marine schtick better.

Maybe in your view, but according to ADB then GW has decided there is no link. Admittedly it's somewhat weird since they do still like to waffle on things for whatever reason, but I'm assuming it might be that they don't want the Thousand Sons tied to a Chapter from a video game. Alternatively it might have become too heavy handed for them, I can't really recall how FW handled the supposed ties between various Chapters coming from Traitor geneseed.

>Its cemented in lore that Arvida founded the Blood Ravens.
No it's not.
The only thing we know is that it was founded by a guy who's name sounds slightly similar.

>no longer existing in the inmaterium, but he does exist in the warp.

Here faggot, that idea is actually really cool

Considering Exorcists are basically poor man's Grey Knights and that their rite of passage is being possessed by a demon and expelling it I would not be surprised if one of the many rituals Grey Knights have is similar to that.

Go outside.
You've let Veeky Forums become your entire view on the matter.

>ADB GOT BTFO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE DELICIOUS TEARS.

I'm not as familiar with things as I should.

I understand that Janus is a fusion part Arvida, part Magnus Shard, but where does the tutelary part come in?

>tutelary part come in?
Tutelaries were described at the end of a thousand sons as daemons that ultimately betrayed their masters, so probably lanius was a butthurt undivided daemons that decided to fuck the Pantheon and join mankind side

I'm aware of that, but was the story explicit in, or explain in a way, Janus being a three-way fusion rather than two-way fusionis what I meant.

the only one bitching that the BR and TS arent connected is fucking ADB.

I honestly hope the BR mystery remains untouched by the BL, the clues that we got are already enough.

I like the idea of the Thousand sons fleet that Magnus sent away becoming the blood ravens. As it should be.

and we dont even know if Vydia funded it, just that he was a very important figure for the chapter.
Arvyda didnt fund it.

Relic and THQ liked and still want them to be loyalist Thousand sons. Denying that is just asking to get retconed by the very next game in the dow franchise.

>but according to ADB
He has absolutely no say in the matter, outside of REEEEing over people liking what he doesn't.

Every time a connection has been made, it was made by someone other than him.
The fact that he has no stake in the matter and still wants to ruin it for everyone else is one of the worst indictments of him.
At least his attempts to make the Emperor and Primarchs into utter retards to slake his personal issues are actually in his remit.

But the Primarchs literally are tools

Lore bits that are "shrouded in mystery" are some of the more fun parts of 40k, anyway. I like the teases and the speculation that comes from the teases.

So where is Janus in 40k?

There's literally no reason to change his name.

but bl and hh its basically getting ride of the mystery for shit headcanons.

>Ianius, is the answer
So this is his tutelary? Does this mean once again Magnus did nothing wrong and that the SW overreacted to the TS's pet demons?

If this shit is sanctioned by the Grey Knights and Malc then once again Russ and Nikaea are proven wrong.

Might not have even been part of the pantheon since I don't believe GW has ruled out minor daemons unaffiliated with the gods, the fact that the Forge of Souls is a thing would suggest the opposite.