WIP - Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

-I don't have a topic pic edition-

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/12/black-is-new-black.html
mywargame.com/2010/02/14/painting-metallic-pre-heresy-thousand-sons/
andreaeurope.com/en/7/girls/701/girls.html
andreaeurope.com/en/7/girls/702/pin-up-series.html
kabuki-studio.com/11-big-sisters
hfminis.co.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just finished my Gorm.

massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/12/black-is-new-black.html
I wish there where more articles comparing different brands of paints like this

incase anyone wanted to see it, nurgle throne with water effects

Hey WIP, looking for suggestions on a conversion/kitbash idea.

I'm looking to make a sort of mortal Avatar of Khaine model based off this pic related banner for an Age of Sigmar themed army and I'm wondering what models/minatures should I look out for that might allow we to come close to looking like the guy in the Banner?
For the head, I was thinking of getting the Tenebrael Shard's head or maybe even just get some Witch Elf hair to stick on the back of another close resembling head.
For the body, I simply thought maybe The Deceiver or Nightbringer models would be the closest thing to use.

Anyways, thoughts if your willing to share them please?

Bike project ongoing.

Wish they were better in the codex

And the other angle.

I've since finished the flamer

wait nevermind i hadnt put any effect on it yet

>Construction Cultist
>Breaking down building dedicated to the God Emperor and remaking them into places of chaos worship.
>Pay them to remodel your house and add some nice Chaos tiling at and affordable price.
Love the idea user.

>Bob the Pillager

Looks really nice except for the huge mold lines

Guy on the left looks like he's having a real blast

That's my powerfist bro. I also use larger ones as maulerfiends...

I've got a few "possessed" drivers, this is one of them, thinking I'll be putting them in the larger forklifts.

getting ready for SoB hype

Starting with white is a bold decision

but black is hard to paint ;_;

That's why you paint dark grey and wash repeatedly

looking good, I'm in the process of cleaning up/greenstuffing mine and I'll give it a shot too.

I'm about to start on my Sisters, which scheme should I go with?

right seems holier.

As an addendum. Sisters with the right scheme would have red hair, not white.

Hey /wip/, decided to paint up my BaC guys as Alpha Legion. Tips?

left but do it with red washes over silver to give a metallic red look

similar technique to this mywargame.com/2010/02/14/painting-metallic-pre-heresy-thousand-sons/

but I'd just build up red washes over the silver

I've just painted an army of Alpha Legion like that, I don't have an airbrush so it'd be difficult to make it look good on tanks, and I'm immolating all the way.

>Sisters with the right scheme would have red hair, not white.
Sounds like a bad idea desu.
It's just gonna look weird. Just go with natural haircolors or have them all straw blonde.
Using a color from the armor on the hair is just gonna make it look like 'helmet hair'

I suppose I could just give them all differing shades of hair, sort of like how you can do the same with Vostroyan hats to add variety to otherwise identical mooks.

Good idea. Some of them will still have red hair though.

Yeah just saying you should be careful about it ending up looking too plastic.
If you want to paint the hair red, you should probably pick a different color to highlight and paint glossy highlights or differentiate the texture somehow else.

I'm at a loss here guys, my clippers have somehow become magnetized. How do I demagnetize them?

I wish my clippers were magnetized.

It's only a weak field, its enough to hold xacto blades to itself. I was fucking around with 2inch neodynium magnets, i assume that has something to do with it

>Enough to hold xacto blades
That's convenient enough. picking up a stray xacto blade sitting flat on a desk can be dangerous.

Take the magnets from an old hard drive and run your clippers over them randomly.

Merry Christmas /wip/, who else is looking forward to open some miniatures this evening? What are you getting?

how the fuck should I know, it's Christmas. that shit's supposed to be a surprise.

Are you using clear colors over a metal basecoat? If you are, did you mix clear blue with clear green? (at least 75/25 mix). If you only applied clear blue, you would want to lightly spray Clear Green over some areas (airbrush only, do not attempt to hand-brush this step). Alternatively, apply green washes or green glaze but keep it subtle.

>who else is looking forward to open some miniatures this evening?
My family doesn't do presents.
I'll just eat till I feel sick and fall asleep afterwards.

Merry Christmas user.
Christmas Eve isn't a thing here, just Christmas Day, so nothing until tomorrow, and then we eat a lot and have a good time.
No presents though.

Wulfen murderpack plus a voucher I think.

I used Vallejo metallic. I think Waywatcher green would work for the green glaze, thanks user.

Finished up my first squad of Death Guard. On to the next five.

are there any disadvantages to stripping a figure multiple times with break fluid?
the only possible danger i could think of is loss of finer details due to excess pressure using a brush.

will multiple immersions in break fluid have any effect on the hardness of the plastic or the bonds of the superglue?

Would a Dark Angels librarian in terminator armor wear green shoulder pads, or white?

Having a Crux Terminatus usually means you are part of the Inner Circle.
Most models are painted with green pads and the regular symbol instead of the Deathwatch one though. Senior members get to choose. Azrael has the regular design on there too.

Strictly speaking this models robes should be yellow though.

depends, that one is from GW and is green, but this pic is from a GW sanctioned game, where they can't really go off the lore, and it's white, so I guess its up to you.

Depends.

Is he a member of the Inner Circle/ Deathwing or not.
In the Codex, the Deathwing have their own cadre of Librarians to draw from.

I was under the impression that as a Dark Angel, you must be inducted into the Deathwing to wear terminator armor

I don't think so. Librarians aren't part of the normal chapter organisation. The First Company are Deathwing, Librarians would never be part of the first company.

I expect the Librarium get access anyway. It isn't as if the Dark Angels have a shortage of Terminator Armour.

Definitely the right

I'm debating using cork to base my Sisters, and I'm wondering if more needs to be done. Maybe some tuffs of desert grass?

Here's a pic with my example canoness. Don't mind the ancient painting, it's just for the colors.

These look incredible - love the contrast between the 'clean' armour and the rusted metal.

The right pic is mostly what I've used since forever, and I do enjoy it.

Pic related of you wanted to see it on a model.

I'm hoping a fellow fa/tg/uy can answer a general mini question.

A friend of mine wants a diorama of a stripper. 1:48 minimum, 1:24 max.

All I've been able to find is 3d printed models.

Anybody know where I could pick up some quality naked ladies?

This guy is going to be a rogue psyker for my Renegades and Heretics army - I suppose he could pull double duty if I ever play AoS as well.

I suppose the Chaplaincy operates similarly?

Why is my isp range banned repeatedly? This shits getting crazy, cant post Gue'vesa converts for the user in last thread

Is it just me, or does painting make up on the old SoB just make them look really mannish? I avoid it entirely and find they look way less masculine if you paint everything in a flesh tone.

Sweet.

THE GREATER GOOD WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

did you LOOK at the OP?

Found a shop full of suitable models, but they're all 1:22 (80mm) rather than 1:24.
andreaeurope.com/en/7/girls/701/girls.html
andreaeurope.com/en/7/girls/702/pin-up-series.html

This shop might also have some suitable models.
These are 54mm. (~1:33)
kabuki-studio.com/11-big-sisters

Yeah still looks like shit. Just don't paint your SoB like street walkers guys and they'll look fine. Why the fuck would a SoB wear lipstick anyways?

I didn't really do make up. Its all flesh tones.

It looks like shit up close please kill me now

Just started painting the Ork team from the new bloodbowl box, haven't really painted much before but bought a bunch of paints and having my best stab at it.

>Anybody know where I could pick up some quality naked ladies?

Have you considered Hasslefree?

hfminis.co.uk/

Very nice job. They look pretty sharp.

They look very nice on the table, but up close or in zoomed pictures they look pretty rough, not that I mind but I could spend hours nitpicking each model and never finish. I plan to spend much more time on my skaven team and am using the human and orks teams as kind of painting practice before i do the team I want to look really good

Come on man, how can you put that much work into painting something without bothering to clean up the mold lines first? It's an awesome paint job all but ruined.

I forgot my picture.

Kill me.

The camera always sees paint jobs as more stark than your eye does.

Can I ask for what green you use and how you do your rust?

Vinnie may have them

She looks like my mother-in-law

Pretty sure I'm getting Magnus. He was on my list and there's a suspiciously Magnus sized box under the tree and I hear sprues rattling around inside :)

Not really Veeky Forums related but I also think I'm getting a 3DS XL and a new long range rifle.

I tend to only apply lipstick to the bottom lip for this purpose it helps me with my issues

That doesn't sound like a good thing.

There's a solid chance I have a Sylvaneth big box waiting.

there is a pube under her left foot, I suppose you have been using that ultra fine artisan detail

Looking great, user. If I may make a suggestion, do something to soften up those highlights a bit. Ease the transition between the green and the grey so they look more natural.

Really nice looking though, I especially love the rust on the guns and other metal bits. Keep it up!

Sister Jenner's really looking good these days.

That's actually arm hair. I'm like a bear...

Pmsl, i was wondering where 'she' had got to these days.

enjoy your new Mosin Nagant mortarion and PS Vita not that any of these things are necessarily bad

Hey, at least I've improved over the years.

Straken Green. Highlights are Ushabti Bone. The rust is the standard GW formula of Leadbelcher, Typhus Corrosion, Ryza Rust drybrush , Stormhost Silver drybrush.

Reasonable suggestion. But the highlights are intended to be harsh to pop really hard on the table. Nevertheless thanks for the kind words.

I hope my girlfriend ages this well over the years

Oh and for the Ryza Rust you want to do both a light drybrush all over and stippled color in a few spots to represent patches of heavier rust.

She is stunning and a hero.

B R A V E
R
A
V
E

If the next WIP thread isnt 'Stunning and Brave Edition' i will be highly disappoint

Here's how I do it. I also don't paint eyes because I'm shit at it. I just put a bit of brown wash near the lips and sockets.

Sup guys. I wanna make some terrain that looks like it's out of a futuristic/sci-fi Dark Souls or Bloodbourne, preferably for 15mm. Know where I can start?

I know for sure that I got at least 40+ ships for Dystopian Wars waiting under the tree, mostly Ottomans.

Can't improve at eyes if you never paint them user. Buck up and start practicing.

And enjoy all of the otherwise-decent models now ruined by derpy eyes.

Nice scheme but that's white rather than silver.

I'm trying to stick to a scheme that'll look good on Immolators too. I never really think metallic schemes work for tanks. Though it sure as hell would be easier to paint.

Get in, Gue'la, we're going to expand the third sphere

You paint the base skin tone, and then the eyes. If you fuck up, just erase it all with the base skin tone and use your typical method.

Pics of our lord Duncan's kill team. Apparently he plays skitarii

does anyone here have the white dwarf from december?
I could really use the eavy metal notes on how to paint thousand sons with the eavy metal way style

Thanks man. Like Duncan says, we need to remember where we came from.