CYOA thread

Previous Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Season unrelated opening post.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazaT0Yh0rBz2NqE4D-YWsit5EHBRB-aUoNs3qtY4lpMJ7Vw/viewform
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You guys are about as bad as Jumpchain now.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

Jumpchain is still marginally worse, they have a far more fascist cyoa author aristocracy than we do.

what did he mean by this

They might be autistic and stupid, but they can't have to deal with so much fetishposting and waifu shit.

I've never really understood what jumpchain is.

>1,700 posts in the "Roll to Seduce" edition

IF ONLY.

It's like if you made a build for a CYOA, then took another CYOA and appended the build for that into the first one, and continued this for as long as you could bother. Or something along those lines.

Basically, it's a chain of CYOA type things, where you go to different settings for a while, then on to another setting, while gathering a ton of really bullshit abilities and then autistically stacking them in the most favorable and literal way possible to become a god inside of five settings and pretend anything still matters.

It's just boring after the first three. It never made sense to me, especially since they use already existing settings which sounds like a compoundedly boring scenario.

oc from last thread

The Viking did nothing wrong.

Its a OP special snowflake fan fic generator. Like if you decided you wanted to take the Royal Guardian cyoa, and also have it set in you favourite animu except you also have a pikachu with magic thought bullets for some reason.

Anyone who takes it seriously is really dumb but it can be entertaining.

That was actually made way earlier in the month than last thread, Beri just reposted it as a reminder of what's coming.

Jumpchain is just a community that evolved around the idea that cyoas can be combined and played together in a series of chains.

The inherent problem with Jumpchain is that they only make individual cyoa chains based on existing settings in popular media because making a chain based on a unique and independent setting results in ridiculous levels of power gaming and dickwaving contests. Which I don't really fucking understand since a player who has done like a dozen chains is already really fucking overpowered.

In addition, their authors have a iron grip on whatever setting they made a chain for, no one else is allowed to make a chain on a setting that is already claimed by a previous author.

Also Jumpchain is incredibly insular, they have to keep pumping out new cyoas or their entire thread will collapse under the sheer weight of all the built up autism, egotism and self loathing.

Jumpchains don't seem to spend any time making a good looking CYOA so I don't really get the point

Basically, someone posted a basic CYOA where you go to the Pokemon world, get some boons, and after a decade or two, get the option to go home, stay in the Pokemon world, or travel to another world.
The next one in the series let you keep your new skills and powers, and get an entirely new set on top of it - with an otherwise identical setting. Then, you could travel to another world and get the same choice.

The real problems started when, after making five or so 'jumps', the creator let anyone add to the chain, resulting in absurd numbers of poorly designed jumps not intended to work together allowing people to take powers from each, resulting in a cancer-like structure of ever-growing mary-sueness.

Who cares about it looking good when you can use it to create your own autisitc overpowered SI crossovers?

but what's the fucking point of it all? You're literally a god that can do whatever you want, whenever you want, the settings and options, obstacles and consequences of your actions don't matter anymore after 4-5 jumps.

It is basically meant for at least somewhat functional people like you or me but to the crowd that are into stuff like >what if naruto was in star wars but he was also a halo spartan and trained in harry potter magic by darknessheart_xxx04xxx.

Didn't he only make Pokemon, inFamous, and Mass Effect? Well, there might have been a second Pokemon one.

Its funny, I warned Quicksilver 3 years ago, that he needed to develop a more thorough and concrete set of rules and guidelines for this entire thing to work, or people are just going to go apeshit on the power levels and make the end game DBZ chain a fucking joke. (Hell I even suggested the SCP and Warhammer 40k universes as better alternatives).

He didn't listen and just assumed that people are going to level headed and reasonable enough to design their chains to be balanced and fair to play.

I think he regretted his decision after he witnessed what Jumpchain eventually became.

Several minor changes incoming. Mostly spelling mistake fixes, but some authors have came to me about changing some details on their submissions.

If you wanna change anything about your submission (or are another author who wants to be included), you can use the form:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazaT0Yh0rBz2NqE4D-YWsit5EHBRB-aUoNs3qtY4lpMJ7Vw/viewform

You know what's really funny?

His original stated goal on balance was that he didn't want anyone to be able to get so powerful that a sufficient number of people with AK-47s getting the drop on them couldn't take them down.

What the fuck was he smoking?

Ah yes, it's "ask questions about a general you're not going to ever visit instead of participating in this general" time again.

Some men just want to see the world burn.

Wait it's not balanced with the more jumps you've done increases the power of the enemies/challenges that come in a new jump?

Jerking off to yourself is the point of Jumpchain. That's literally it. Just jerking off to your superpowered, perfect imaginary self who gets all the waifus and can resolve all the stories with a wave of their ginormous thirteen yard long dick and even make Jeff from school not laugh at you anymore STOP SHOWING PEOPLE MY DEVIANTART JEFF

I want to make a submission but I feel like I'm not relevant enough to

So long as you made OC for these threads, I don't really mind.

One of the guys who submitted hasn't even finished the CYOAs theyre working on so don't worry about it

Are jumpchains otherwise normal CYOAs with companions and missions and shit? Because I don't care if there's a blurb that says you can take other powers into it, I can just ignore that part. Or give myself Magneto's default powerset as my default, which is what I usually do in CYOAs that let me pick powers.

But doesn't Cole get that strong? The evil ending for inFamous 2 has you waging war on the entire planet.

Can you remove some characters so 9/10 of them aren't clingy shut ins who have never had any physical contact with a human?

>DELET THIS
Removing content is never a good thing you stupid faggot, no matter how much you personally don't like it.

But those are the kind of girls I like

How about you submit one that isn't a clingy shut in who has never had any physical contact with a human?

I actually agree with this. These girls are so thirsty I had to go get a drink in the middle of reading it.

Most of us had no idea what the other authors were writing. I just wrote a character that I thought people might like. I assume other people probably did the same.

If you don't like it, how about you write your own?

Depends, but by and large the premise to each is that you're trapped in the setting for 10 years or until you die. And they don't really describe the setting for you, so unless you already have knowledge about it or are willing to go find that knowledge yourself, it's just another place you can go to get powers for your character because you don't know what might be going on in the world around the time you arrive. And they rarely have companions outside the flavor of "Well you could bring someone from one of your previous jumps here" as an option.

But they haven't made a CYOA, so they aren't eligible.

But seriously, we didn't really plan this thing out beyond the form. We had TWO DAYS. Honestly, I'm surprised everything went so smoothly.

doesn't the mere act of submitting a waifu for this make you a contributing author on a CYOA and thus eligible to submit a waifu? It's like a catch-22 in reverse is how I understood it.

no lol

If I or someone else decides to make a waifu CYOA that's slightly simpler than this one, I think it'd be feasible to take anonymous submissions.

Again, though, it comes with the issue that nobody knows what everyone else is submitting, so inconsistencies are abound.

>Authors have a iron grip on whatever setting they made a chain for.
That's retarded and limits creativity.

You know how SCP does a similar thing so nobody vandalizes the site en masse?

It's that.

>implying there isnt a large overlap between the people that go here and those that go there

just a quick question how much time is 540201 hours in terms of days,weeks,months,years?

But SCP turned to shit anyway, so that's not a very good argument.

don't you have a calculator on whatever device you're using to access Veeky Forums?

That's still stupid.

Somebody makes some kind of anime setting jump, a person who wants to make a jump based on that anime can't because it's a huge circlejerk preventing them because an another author "claimed" that anime and jump.

Little under 62 years I think.

A little under 22,508 days, so 3,215 and a half weeks or 61.67 Earth years.

Authors over there can claim a setting that doesn't have a jumpchain yet and no one else can work on it too.

Thanks!

>Go in and claim a bunch of random anime
>Make absurdly shitty and low-quality jumpchains for them.
>Nobody else can ever fix my work or replace it with something not shit.
So what you're saying is that they're retarded and thus very easy to trick?

If the collective opinion is that a jump is shit, it can be replaced

They are also convinced they only have a single shitposter who is trying to ruin their thread.
"He" has tried that exact tactic before, they'll just call you "the shitposter" and ignore you.
One of their many shitposters might reply to you trying to start shit.

Given the quality of most jump cyoas I've seen I hate to think what their standard for a shit cyoa is.

So, is the guessing game over? Are we still figuring out who did what?

Finally my CYOA is done! My Christmas gift to you Veeky Forums enjoy!

Yeah and then he made you fucking psychic Batman with Pokemon alone and then made an inFamous jump where you're a conduit so he really shat the bed on that one.

>independent setting results in ridiculous levels of power gaming and dickwaving contests.

That's all jumpchain is m8

Volentia of Aragon, Equalizer, Chains.
or
Laughing Man, Vampire, Frankenwaifu

Hard choice.

Yeah to them it was a form of power gaming and conducting a dick waving contest that they didn't like.

Which completely baffles me.

d=days, w=weeks, m
22508.375d
3215.482142857143w
739.4948665297741m
61.62457221081451y

61y32w4d3h
(Or apparently 7 months and 3 days with 18 hours.)

>60 posts in
>no builds

I can see that I will have to teach you how to be villains!

>FORM: Everyman
>UNIQUE POWER: Face in a Crowd
Here's a little lesson in trickery!

>IMMOTALITY: Rebirth
This is going down in history!

>LOCATION: Media (a song)
If you wanna be a villain number one, you have to chase a superhero on the run!

>POWERS: Extra Sustenance (sloth), Pursuit, Vanishing, Speed, Magical Defense, Durability, Cult
Just follow my moves, and sneak around! Be careful not to make a sound. Shhh!

>WEAKNESSES: Common Material (vegetables)
No, don't touch that!

The dude you "stole" your suit from hasn't come back for it in 30 years.

We are number one

Regarding Jumpchain it has a handful of really good jumps, such as the recent Infernals one, where the maker put in a lot of time and effort to make it interesting. However the rest are basically just boring cut and paste copies of one another.

Interesting though I admit I don't really like the PvP aspect of it. I would rather have a set of hero options to pick.

quality of a jump ranges wildy depending on the author.

Can't, I haven't made a cyoa
Yeah, it's bizarre how many authors went right for writing a clingy ultra-virgin

There'd probably be more variety if we'd communicated between each other what we were making.

I mean, they're CYOAG frequenters and contributors. Did you expect anything else from them?

>Set up simple database of keywords
>Generate unique group of keywords for each visitor
>Visitors write entry that uses all keywords

Just need to find some simple form of web hosting. Heck, you could probably set up a table in this thread, have people roll in secret and submit via google form.

I Choose you as my rival! >Class: Mastermind.
>Race: Elf.
>Death: Option Death Realm.
>Powers: Monstrify, Mind control and Transmutation.
>Artifact: Secret Hideout and Scrying Box.
>Companion: Shadow Assassin.
>Drawbacks: Pervert
>Quest: Forever Alone
>Combo Effects: None

Have fun seeing your loved ones turned into monsters and my mind controlled puppets! Mwahahahahahahaha!

Did you not like Angel/Demon Roommate CYOA either?

senpai we know you're our only one.

You do realize that you chose a monster that feeds on fear (and sloth) and can be defeated with veggies as your rival?

Do you honestly expect them to have any loved ones?

I didn't want to commit some sort of limitation like that. Yes, it would have offered more variety, but I think the intention was for writers to create a character that they thought would represent their work. I wanted each character to be a theme of their stuff. The personality was largely up to them, though.

That said, we had two days to get this done and I pretty much worked every waking hour from the conception of the CYOA till the deadline last midnight. I think what we accomplished was adequate enough, what with the system we had in place to collect submissions and all.

If we had more time, I would have liked a round-table discussion of some sort so everyone could compare and theory craft our suggestions, but this was the most efficient method we could come up with.

LoL if he doesn't have any loved ones I can kill him from the start if I follow the wording on the quest "for ever alone".

>Can't, I haven't made a cyoa
Stop whining and make one then. I'm sure your realistic waifu CYOA will go over super well.

>I pretty much worked every waking hour from the conception of the CYOA till the deadline last midnight.
Jeez SDA. Super grateful to have u as our formatslut :)

That made my day, fucking A man.

I'd have to go with Blues. Epic stories, becoming hero, restoring her faith in man, going on an epic quest, only to fail and make her watch as I die valiantly and violently.

For real. I remember chatting with Quiet about the possibility of it, the fact you guys were able to mobilize and and get this shit done so fast is honestly impressive.

To be fair, if one had been used goods everyone would have shit on Italics for a full thread. Even though he didn't even submit anything.

>But they haven't made a CYOA, so they aren't eligible.

I think the cutoff is more quality CYOA. I mean, even I've made a shit joke CYOA.

>your your your your your

YOU'RE FUCK DAMMIT

Well, that's understandable. The more people are involved in a project, the more time you have to dedicate just for organisation.

If we do another audience participation project, which should happend seeing this is already motivating people who haven't produced anything to make content, there should be more time and some concrete consensus of the direction of the projects.

Well technically you can be a hero. If your rival has a evil CYOA like Arch Demon CYOA or Dark God.