Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How dangerous are dragons in your campaign? Are they only mindless beasts that ravage cities or do your dragons have a bit of, for lack of a better word, humanity to them?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1lYUWfseUm_kqg93sKfYwUcctvcWImEObM9NwtrY_iGk/edit?usp=drive_web
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg/view
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64726/the-amber-fields-of-molthune
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay, now it's obvious you're just trolling with these OP pics. Foxposting was at least tangentially related to discussion.

What is the most reasonable Molthune character thus far? Makes the most sense as a knight and best village plan?

Kitsune is worst, but who is best?

They're Russian merchants. You've got Nikolais, Fyodors, Mishas, Sashas, etc., and they're all either merchants, mercenaries, or even prostitutes (but that's because all dragons are shapeshifters as well, and they turn into dragon kemonomimi)

Literally, they have an addiction to GOOD DEALS and TRADING. One of my players is playing a dragon who decided they didn't like GOOD DEALS and instead wanted to become a knight.

Also, dropping this off because it didn't get any response last thread- Unchained Medium 2.0, Electric Balor. Comments are enabled. Read over it.

docs.google.com/document/d/1lYUWfseUm_kqg93sKfYwUcctvcWImEObM9NwtrY_iGk/edit?usp=drive_web

I like the guy doing a dye and textiles coastal city! It reminds me of Novigrad!

Which one is that?

The character hasn't been posted yet!

They better hustle! I am starting to think I didnt give enough time to post ideas!

Oh gosh, when is it ending? I can't post until Tuesday due to holidays and Rogue One with my brother's fiancé on Monday'

I set the first game date to Jan 19th. I would pick about a week or so before that. So like the 12th? Maybe I should pick on the 19th instead and play the week after.

Not that user but there's nothing far as I know.
Unless you're going conductive or aether channel you won't be able to use power-attack/deadly-aim either, so there's not really any damage buffs from feats either.

With the modulation feat you can get empowered at-will, but you lose modulation effects entirely (so no lifeleech, no disintegrating,no ignoring hardness, no igniting) and even that will at most get you 30d8 per round by 20th.

Nah, there's plenty of time. People have several weeks left already and there's already numerous entries. It's just been a few days; there's no way someone in a position to be playing any games would need a month to write up a character.

>How dangerous are dragons?

Depends on if they hate you. Unless they actively hate you you have nothing to worry about due to being beneath their notice.

When Starfinder comes out, can we play as tactical awoos?

Rats only, caster only, ships won't scale to characters, Final Destination.

They are local gods or kings, and the evil ones are still more benevolent than some of the other deities in Faerun.

If you take out your swords yeah. Guns are going to be horrid most likely.

Probably yeah.
It'd be a missed opportunity to Not have starfox jokes in starfinder and Awoos are Necessary.

Why would characters even need to be on the same powerlevel as ships? Ships can just be uberweapons relative to level 20 PCs and any normal space-fantasy shit can still take place. What kind of adventure would even involve a creature fighting directly against a ship? Excluding ship-like creatures obviously.

Where is that image from OP?

Unless they include guns that shoot magic. Good ones.

It's a personal commission of some characters from an old session I used to play in. Look up Quantumjinx on DA, she's an old friend of mine and is doing commissions for the holidays.

I was not saying what I hope or what it should be.

I was saying what we'll most likely end up with.

Think about it. All it takes is for one dev to say "those are siege weapons right?" and BAM; an archer deals five times as much as the twin laser cannons, per hit, and attacks ten times as often per round because lol loading time.

Gun combat just needs to be adapted to being a 'melee combat rules' expy. It's where much more of the system is focused, and real melee is unlikely to happen in sci-fi setting. Rename the Strength attribute to something relating to something bravery-related or balls so that it makes sense for both close-quarters shooting and the remaining strength-based tasks. Then either inflate the tile space from 5ft blocks, or give all the close-quarters guns like 10-20ft reach - this means moving into close quarters out of cover is deadly AoO hell which also makes sense. They can fire outside of their reach but have to use Dex then and if it's specialized for close-ranged gun, then some kind of drawback for that.

Guns that focus on more deliberate long-ranged shooting would have shorter reach or disadvantages on making Cajones-based attacks, but would be more for Dexterity-based shooting like existing ranged weapons.

>tfw Starfinder just uses Pathfinders gun rules

Suffering

>melee isn't likely to happen in a sci-fi setting

Nigga wat

Ever hear of Star Wars, Dune, WH40K, etc etc

>electric balor
Now you have me thinking user, why didn't balors ever take a few tips from the Magus and shocking grasp their whips?

would it be reasonable to spend 3k of the 4k gp for Molthune Knights of downtime stuff? I want to draw the map of my village as well. Is that too much?

>would it be reasonable to spend 3k of the 4k gp for Molthune Knights of downtime stuff?
No, dont do that.
>I want to draw the map of my village as well. Is that too much?
Yes, too much, make a sigil/coat of arms instead.

See
For examples of space melee.

You could just have "snap shots" and "aimed shots". Each weapon can have two range increments with very little trouble (oh no the range spot in the character sheet has to be a tiny bit wider).

Rather than inflate, tighten.

Point-Blank is the snap-shot increments, within which you can use pure dex rather than aimed firing. This you can AoO with. Pistols, Machinepistols, SMGs and probably wrist-equipped weapons are at their best here. An SMG might have 5 increments of 10ft each, while a pistol 10 increments of 5ft each, depending on the model. This also lets us change point-blank, sneak and the like from the flat 30', into "these are CQB abilities" whether that's an execution shot or whatever.

Aimed increments are the solid, WIS(perception) based damage and long range capabilities of the weapon. CQB abilities don't apply here but 'sniping' abilities do. Trying to pull this shit off inside someone's reach will cause all of the AoO crap pathfinder ranged attacks suffer, but longarms and heavy weapons are generally far more dangerous overall if allowed to do their thing. The least wieldy ones may have CQB range values under 5', that means even one square away, a snap-shot could be in your third or fourth increment and 'far shot' is a sniper ability and don't count here. Hello penalties.

Hey dudes, has anyone played with/playtest the Avowed? A player of mine wanted to play it, and I don't have any experience with it.

PDF found here.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg/view

we ARE supposed to use that 4k on gear right?

What is your reasoning?

>Gold - Characters are assumed to have 4000g worth of wealth in terms of gear and equipment before traits and feats. Dont worry about food or animals or anything that might be provided to a landed lord.
>Special - Leadership
Due to the unique position the PCs will be in, you gain an altered Leadership feat for free at third level. This feat is used to generate followers but not cohorts. Treat your leadership score as if it were 10 to determine the number of loyal subordinates who will follow your character. These subordinates will take on the roles of guards, laborers, underlings, farmers, settlers, craftsmen, etc. These initial settlers are provided to you by the Great Nation of Molthune to increase the prosperity of the nation that has given you so much. Please try to keep track of them as they are your loyal followers and will be supporting your character.

Yeah that would be neato. Are you proposing only 5 attributes then, or what would Strength become?

Well in that case you keep the squares the same space, and Cajones works as Str for your melee weapons. No adjustment. Setting's melee options would probably need some kind of defense against ranged weapons though.

Rolled one up but haven't played yet. HAVE run numbers, and I'll admit I'm a little worried my knight might be a bit low on the damage as a result even when empowered. As user has said, it probably can't top 30d8 at 20th, or 45d8 single target, which by then is low despite looking rather impressive on paper. I might have to switch to aether rounds eventually to get real weapon damage in there to support it; but if there were gear or even just an enchant like natural weapons it would probably fix things. It's not "in the CRB Monk gutter" it's just low from lack of support (because it's still in beta).

Your power is your own, but what originally sparked, shaped or provided it is your Pact. Shit like "you and an otyugh became best buds and each of you will grow as the other does", or "grandpa was a demon". This changes some of your abilities, provides one of your first two pulse shapes (think firing modes like "blast" or "swarm" or "channel it through a weapon hit") and gives some unique abilities and senses.

Clauses are the abilities you pick out afterwards; like magic rogue talents you could say. Shit like "you can talk to animals" or "you gain concealment" to eventually stuff like "you can now teleport" or "your aether pulse sets shit on fire hard".

Overall, it's a warlock. If you remember 3.5 warlocks? It's a warlock. It gets more interesting ability packages in the form of its pacts, 4e/5e style, but it's a warlock. Tons of abilities that last all day or can be used all day, very little bookkeeping; "you can do this", straightforward.

Interestingly decent fluff, it's got a good amount of utility without breaking a campaign over its knee. I'm not entirely certain where it stands defensively, but I guess I'll be finding out. It probably does okay; a good amount of escape clauses and the like later on (one is literally called escape clause).

It's in the beta phase of play testing now.
I say let him play it, if there's any concerns with how it's performing, well that's beta and should be reported.

Bad idea of the day

Make Strength the measure by which you can control the recoil and sway of your gun. The bigger the gun, the larger the Recoil Value. The Recoil Value is a penalty to-hit. If your strength modifier is at a certain value (Recoil Value+1?) then you don't suffer this penalty. The Recoil Value of a gun would be for shooting a gun standing up, though, so going prone or kneeling down, or using a bipod would reduce the recoil value.

That way, STRONG characters can use miniguns and shit with less trouble than noodly strength-dumpers.

Thanks. I loved warlocks in 3.5 so I'll give him the green light.

I don't think you need to worry about raw damage output in a game advertised as Harvest Moon in a Noblebright Golarion.

Which archetype would work best for a scoundrel who steals magic?

More or less, yes.

see character creation rules

It seems a bit odd though. I think we should ask for clarification on the village construction.

This! This! How do we guide our village's growth and specialization or even simply figure out where it starts?

It is part of the plot I have set up and I would rather you clever anons just be content. There will be plenty of time to build and be flexible with what you want. My biggest concerns are players splitting into 6 different directions, leaving some just sitting at home ordering servants while others do something else. I want you guys to work together to accomplish goals, not do your own things in your own homes.

Give us one village rather than 6.

How far do you think they'll get before declaring war on each other over waifu trade laws?

carrying capacity should become that much more critical when you start lugging around microfusion reactors, but I think the most valuable factor for it would be thatmost power-armors and the like should partially be multipliers. It's "assisting", not necessarily replacing. It'll guarantee you a minimum, but if you can already benchpress 400, then combining with the servos that can get you another 400 is a hell of a lot more efficient than trying for more gains.

That's not how knights work, a knight would get maybe one to three villages under their jurisdiction and, more importantly, pay for their lifestyle!

It winds up being overcomplicated and essentially your strength and dex contribute the same thing, just clunky as shit.

The thing is though making it plot pushed and then driven by mechanics is hard because we need to know what is actually possible for us to do.

Don't forget about the odder pacts like Self
>BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!
*his conscience tells him every day

If I remember anything from Crusader Kings 2, it's that nations with as much centralization and crown authority as Molthune would make inter-kingdom warfare illegal.

This isn't France! We can't just declare war on those filthy Burgundians because I want one of their counties!

>decide to, for once, play a female character
>she turns out kinda cute in her own frumpy way, but is a 0/10 on the waifu scale and I can't help but play her as an asshole
>start to notice over the course of the campaign so far that everything capable of grappling guns it straight for her
>mfw realizing it's become so common I actually start looking forward to it, wondering what the descriptions for how she'll get grabbed and escape will be
>mfw realizing I'm developing a complex and WANT to see how far this can escalate before she's incapable of escaping

"Dude you should branch out, your dudes are getting samey, trying playing a girl" they said. "Nothing will go wrong" they said.

You're gonna have to region lock us together under a liege lord to discourage conflict. The thing is you ask us to make a village or at least say we will but we have no idea how you want us to do it until the day of.

Are we building the villages? Are we getting existing ones? Are we independent? Under a liege lord?

Hope is an illusion, user, you should know this by now.

If I were to hypothetically give you one village to council over it would not be fair for someone to draw up a map of it, which is why I didnt want that user to do it.

If I ever regret my decision to make it this is my samson option.

Jurisdictions are a definite possibility

It is not going to be anything level 3 characters with 5 loyal followers (30 in total NPCs!) wont be able to handle.

This is the exact thought process that has made me relish describing my character getting knocked down or even killed.

The DM sees the party melee machine as a challenge.

But that laser says what recoil.

Battlelords has interesting usage for all that strength and other such stats, though. There's weapons of all types; and if you're particularly light and weak, there's all sorts of options there for you.

But if you're STRONG, you can save a lot of money OR kick things up a notch, by not requiring the lighter apple models, or simply by being able to equip those squad support or even light vehicle models, or just being able to like dual (or triple or quadruple) wield the things.

I mean sure that's horribly inaccurate, but THE GUIDED MISSILES DON'T MUCH CARE.

No but as a player you need to give us some kind of direction if you want us to do anything before the day of. Because your first session is gonna turn into people all building their villages if no one gets rules.

That was why I went with the second-son; rather than "but I need to do this paperwork", he can afford to go represent the family's interests out of town regularly.

rather it's a province they may want to share. Or they're the mooks representing a small alliance of neighbouring lords, etc.

probably hm...
somewhere around yes?

I have given explicit rules on what to spend gold on and how many loyal NPCs will follow you. I have put a lot of thought into how I want the first few sessions to go and I am fairly confidant they will not disappoint without you clever anons spoiling anything too badly. If it becomes impertinent that you need to know something I will reconsider.

Dude, imagine how fun it will be to give players their own authority over a region - a tiny region sure, but one that their word carries some measure of law.

A player might have to answer for the crimes of one of their peasants committed on the lands of another player, or players might conspire to marry each other and unite their lands, or maybe even a player that has children does that with their sons and daughters!

They're after cunties, not counties.

pic related

We each should have our own small village technically because that's what low level nobility had and did. Much like in real life though, you spent maybe half the year "at court" or walking to the next war for your required duty, so you hope your wife has really high ranks in distaff.

I know right? I am super excited for this game.

Why not both?

he's conspiring to marry his sons and daughters?

I think we might have a problem here.

No no no! Take the Kitsune matriarch from the last thread as an example.

Say she has a gorgeous daughter that she knows is JUST another player's type. She sets up a meeting and gently supports their courting (possibly aggressively if she really wants this hookup to happen) because when they get married she'll have a friend in that Knight, if not just children!

So we are good to spend out gold on downtime stuff?

>PCs
>or rather, medieval nobles in general

Old Spy has a ton of eligible children.

anyone got the link to molthune knights?

The big difference there is between sons and daughters.

A 21 year old adventuring daughter is the feudal equivalent of "the christmas cake is about to turn 30"

However, a knight became a knight at what, 21? and men did not marry until they could sustain a family. So you need to find a good 20-something for your daughter before she turns 18.

>Druman merchants suggesting their daughters
>Kyonin Elves sending their half-breed sons

Heck, you should also be worried about parents in your village trying to get their beautiful son or daughter to woo your PC, in the hopes that one or two nights of passion might get someone knocked up and forced to take responsibility!

I'm not even playing a melee monster, just an investigator, albeit with a couple tax breaks. She's not a melee monster or a tough meathead, just some skinny asshole tiefling that's too smart for her own good, but I want to see her get bullied. Slam that shit-eating grin into the dirt. Crush the air out of her as she desperately tries to get free. I've started to WANT to see her broken and bleeding after every adventure.

I think hanging out here has caused something in me to snap.

Look at that deadpan pokerface. That utterly detached existence, as if none of this was in any way involving him, even though they're literally talking about getting fucking married.

That right there is a player's character for sure.

It's assumed that Golarion works off modern fertility rates, and a 28 year old woman is just as good as an 18 year old.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64726/the-amber-fields-of-molthune

I am working on a campaign, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated

LOCAL LORD SENDS ON INITIAL TRIP (ironed out, with side-quests, party level 3)
"collect the objects in this woodcut from the mage that lives several counties over, you have a month to get there and back"

"a small baron and his family revolted, he was executed and his family exiled his lands and unseized assets will be yours if you succeed"

-----reward is a
----------small seaside tower-house, unfurnished, unstocked, and possessed of few amenities
----------farmland and serfs enough to keep the lands running and the taxes paid
----------15,000 Gp
----------a small elderly steward who was promised a calm posting handling the cash for lands
----------the stewards donkey
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO FROM HERE ON

>(party is not told this)
>object is a control orb for a forgotten golem auto-forge in the lords area of influence
>it will make him insanely rich, or so he thinks
>several systems fail after BOOT process
>artificer tells the duke he needs more things
>rare and expensive things
>they are likely to have made enemies

LOCAL LORD CALLS THE PARTY UP AGAIN
"since you did me such good service before I feel you would be most suited to this task"

"I will send you with a small chest full of money"

"you can use it to buy the artifact I want, or you can acquire it by other means and keep the chest and its contents"

-----reward is
----------a Letter of Founding, an 'official' village for the land(grants small governmental powers, settling incentives, etc.)
----------the contents of the chest that were not expended on getting the artifact

>'artifact' is actually a small cart-load of equipment for the Lords Artificer

HALP I AM A SHIT GM AND NEED IDEAS

>schedule game for christmas fucking eve in bumfuck nowhere, USA
>6 of the group's players actually show up because they're each some permutation of gay/trans/vegan/recovering addict and their family lives during holidays are universally miserable
>show them a good time and see childlike smiles when gifts appear like they never fucking saw someone be nice to them before
God Bless America this is semi-depressing to be honest

Merry christmas to you all /pfg/

What's so bad about the kitsune?

It doesn't fit in Molthune.

Much of these would never be outright stated by a noble.

The money mentioned in the first part would only be the money he expects returned to him - not the part they keep. The donkey is never even THOUGHT of.

More likely it would be
>I am assigning you to this new position, and your new residence. It's possible your predecessor - who rebelled against me - still remains; do clear that out would you?

And of course you never say "you can use it to buy the artifact or acquire it by other means". Not only would a good servant KNOW how okay his lord is with that, but there's likely an unspoken agreement involved that the money sent was not going to be enough, he expects maybe 10% back as change with the artifact, and 'nefarious means' were always going to be how it gets done. But he doesn't know, he doesn't write it, HIS HANDS ARE CLEAN.

Merry Christmas you goddamn saint.

Always remember the art of diplomacy is this:
Shit goes up, Shit goes down, but Shit doesn't stick.

And a merry Crystalhue to you too, pal!

... I actually got temporarily kicked from my group last night because two of the chucklefucks got mega-triggered by my mere mention that I was currently visiting family for the holidays ("we're all at the uncle's place for xmas" being a pretty valid response to 'what're you doing this weekend' I thought) and how dare I because they're both most of that list up there each.

GM apologized though, says if I change nicks they'll never even realize who my replacement for me is anyways.

... he's probably right.

>something nice actually happens

Ain't that swell. Hope that little light can grow brighter, friend.

Have something nice, little megumin

Fucking really? How did they manage that?

Because it's a kitsune? Should we trigger Renard!user again?

somehow we need to get this animation an megumin combined in an image... for the memes.

Should we get him and Hero!user in here to make characters for the game?

I am still confused over the state of our character's families. Family is very important to a nobleman, which we have just become and strive to be more important ones. What was stated before is you won't even consider them to have levels. I'm confused about this.

Will they not be targeted in any manner? What about when I am called to arms and wish to send my son to lead my armies? Or bring my sons with me.

Or when I am marrying off my children, or sending them to be fostered.

Well I know how to draw his attention.