Go to my sister's for Christmas

>go to my sister's for Christmas
>walking up to her house, arms laden with gifts, I spot my brother, similarly loaded
>he's got a shiteating grin on

>"Oh, are those the presents you got for everyone? They look nice. I like how you decided to use the same wrapping paper for all of them. Like a set. Or like you couldn't afford more than one roll."
>Can't get my hand into a position to flip him off, simply say "Merry Christmas" in response.
>Once inside, my youngest nephew bounds up to both of us, smiling like crazy when he sees all the gifts
>Ask him where the tree is, while my brother tries to do the whole "Cool uncle" thing, asking him about digimon for a minute or so until the kid just says "I like yokai watch"

>Unload my presents at the tree, then start doing the rounds of greetings
>Brother-in-law, sister, mother, father, nephews #1 and #2, hello again to nephew #3, my other sister, her boyfriend, finally realized I should have commented on how my brother picked wrapping paper that didn't even match the holiday but it's way too late to bring that up, my uncle, tiny old grandma, and finally the three dogs.
>catching up with everyone while sister finishes dinner, end up talking to the older nephews while the youngest just sort of stares at the tree and all the presents

>My brother walks up to me, and my nephews scatter away
>"I think I won Christmas this year," he says to me, and I just nod, hoping he doesn't take that as a sign to continue
>"Really, just wait until after dinner."

>dinner is brief, a lot of old traditions hastily performed
>youngest nephew half runs to the tree as soon as dinner ends
>Sister scolds him, and she starts passing out the presents
>I got a book from my younger sister, and while I'm trying to decipher what it's about, suddenly everyone has gotten really quiet and the mood is definitely troubled
>I turn to look, and my youngest nephew is holding a GURPS rulebook,a few scraps of my brother's birthday-themed wrapping paper still on it, looking like he's on the verge of tears, while my sister is trying to calm him down
>"It's...It's the wrong one...." he says, "It's... it's wrong"

>Other nephews try to cheer him up, but they are also holding GURPS rulebooks, and they can't hide their own disappointment
>My brother jumps in to cheer them all up, explaining how great the system is, and my Sister looks to me, hoping I can say a few words to salvage the mood
>I just glance at the remaining presents
>She seems confused, almost even angry at my casual attitude, but then her eyes fill with hope, and she reminds her youngest child that there are still plenty of other presents
>She reaches for a present wrapped in red and green, and gives it to my nephew

>Still sniffling, he pulls apart the paper without any enthusiasm, but as soon as he sees a little bit of the book underneath, he starts shrieking and his hands start flying at the wrapping
>"IT'S D&D! I GOT D&D! D&D! D&D!"
>My other nephews are tearing open their own gifts, and immediately forget that they're not little kids anymore
>"WE GOT D&D! WE GOT D&D!"
>Everyone starts laughing, and the house once again fills with cheer, with even the dogs barking excitedly

>My tiny old grandma gently pulls at my sweater, and I lean in close as she says in her quavering voice
>"You... saved... Christmas...."

wat

A Christmas miracle.

KEK
This greentext was worth reading

And that nephew's name...was Albert Einstein.

Gave me a giggle, thanks user

Screencapped

>things that never happened, but its okay because the story was a good read

no shit

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry; the current memesphere obligates me to post "LOL THAT NEVER HAPPENED COOL STORY BRO >>>/BLOGSPOT/" in response to any anecdote ever.

What edition?

Gave me cancer, but I chuckled.

They're children so probably 5th

Good call, if you start them on anything else they might get pissed and think D&D sucks. Anything before 5e = plep tier

Urban a facet bilateral a OK favor green tea 4 outta 10 or 5 not sure either way good for a lagh

Well, she goes by Albert Brooks these days.

Man, this thread is full of newfags.

Doing gods work OP.

>OSR
>pleb

it's not OSR, it's just O.

5e is the only one that doesn't sell for less than $10.

Capped. Anyone have a better quality? Saving it for my green text folder.

I want some of that GURPle stuff

how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real

10/10 true Christmas miracle.

The only thing that could make this better would be some butthurt GURPS fan taking it seriously and starting an argument

D&D is definitely the right choice for children unlike mature gamers such as myself

t. once read the gurps 3 core rulebook

It's Christmas user. You're free from the memes for the weekend

don't save as a jpg you moron
go post that shit on r*ddit

10 on 10

Even GURPS players know this is exactly how it would turn out.

I don't particularly love GURPS. Those kids are fucking entitled brats.

That was a lovely story OP.

The antagonist was foiled by his own hubris and bad taste, and you calmly and coolly navigated the holiday traditions and saved the day.

The wise crone even congratulated you. Excellent hero's journey, you should feel accomplished although you left out the part about hooking up with some sort of princess-figure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>The wise crone even congratulated you. Excellent hero's journey, you should feel accomplished although you left out the part about hooking up with some sort of princess-figure.
In the retelling he could hook up with his brother's inexplicably hot girlfriend who's spending her first Christmas with their family and just had a fight in the car on the drive there that is later revealed to be about her misgivings over his choice of gifts.

Are you ok user?

fund it

>"But are they new, or just fags?"
>"Bwahahaha"

Is it ever, oldfag brother. People can't even recogize pasta when they see it.

Not particularly loving it is liking it more than most people.