How 'anime' do you let your fighting-man get?

How 'anime' do you let your fighting-man get?

Depends on the system

What the fuck is going on in that webm?

Monster Hunter. Inhumanely large weapons but it takes effort to wield them and they move like giant weapons made of steel and bone instead of bamboo.

>non to low magic settings
Down to earth normal fighting dude that's just a bit beyond human capabilities
>low-normal magic setting
book space marine-tier
>normal-high magic setting
MGR-tier and higher

>denying your players fun because they chose a non-caster class
LMAOing at you

I run Anima, what do YOU think?
Looks like a Technician using Ki Techs to me.

Not anime, but as I'm a D&Dfag, I let race/class cover a lot of territory with regard to ability.

I allow anything from Mordhau, half-swording, and "ending them rightly", to full on Sekiha Tenkyouken levels of silly, so long as the players aren't cancerous with it, and use it when appropriate

>low magic-low fantasy
Relatively down to earth, guys who are highly trained and competent but still within the range of human capability
>high magic-high fantasy
Full on superhero/shonen, these guys are capable of obvious superhuman feats and laugh at the laws of physics just as much as wizards

anything in between depends on how much the magical and fantastical elements are mixed together and tends to be setting dependent

Whatever they need to do their ingame job. A high level d&d fighter really should be able to see invisibility, ignore mind-affecting spells, deal any type of damage with any weapon, collapse a castle by cutting out all the mortar in the walls with a single swing, and run up his own shockwaves to kali ma the dragon's cloaca through its face.

I like the way you think user

I'm just sick of having to tiptoe around everything when I'm playing a caster.

>How 'anime'
The ignorance attached to such a statement is the only thing that bothers me.
It requires you to ignore 2+ millenia of mythology from around the world because superhuman feats without the use of obvious "magic" is wholly a Japanese thing.

>Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
My melanin-enriched brethren.

>Anima
My knee grows

Thepruld makes some good videos. They're not all for me, but the ones I like I love.

Well he's right.

Gotta go full wuxia

The Mordhau and the half-sword look funky, but are both perfectly fine to me -- I don't have a problem believing that a professional could confidently grip a sword by the shaft as a fighting technique. Ending Rightly is a joke, though. Unless we're deliberately doing a joke of a campaign, anything that ridiculous is right out. Animushit makes sense in its own context, but Ending Rightly doesn't make sense in any context.

This has always been the true tragedy of it all. Being allowed to play with an unburdened mind and being able, hell even expected to use all of your tools, all the while safe in the knowledge that the system was built with these things in mind was just too much to ask for. Even when you wisely apply the very obvious solution, the damage has been done and a generation ruined.