/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

7:30 thread because fuck you edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/i/interestraterisk.asp
investopedia.com/terms/i/interest-rate-sensitivity.asp
investopedia.com/terms/y/yieldcurve.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no point in posting earnings since there's really nothing today. MU earnings are next week though if you're in a gambling mood

>down 11% since buying RICK last week
Why the fuck did I think it was a good idea to buy stock in a fucking strip club that was up 120% right at the peak

Weed market seems to be pulling back. May be a good day to buy in.

AMD looking like a snatch right now with double bottom RSI divergence and completion of irregular flat correction (don't mind the first 5 waves, what matters now is the correction)

Bottom of RSI chart isn't shown but it's a double bottom with new lows from wave 3 to wave 5 - perfect entry right below the first ABC of the irregular flat.

Another really good trade right now is $XXII, the wave 4 correction ABCDE contracting triangle hasn't completed yet but once the D + E is completed then $XXII becomes a pretty easy and nearly guaranteed rise to at least $3.21-$3.24 within a few days, tops.

Just wanted to make a correction to this post I made last thread >same Coupon Rate (amount of interest paid to the security holder, periodically) and Future Value (amount paid to the security holder at maturity date), both securities would experience a drop in Present Value

I actually meant to use Face Value (aka Par Value), NOT Future Value.

However, my second use of Future Value in:

>They also allocate to shorter-term treasuries because once interest rates rise they can more quickly receive their Future Value payment, than they would if they were holding a longer-term treasury

was deliberate, as they would receive total investment proceeds from a treasury with a shorter maturity faster than one with a longer maturity.

Some links to help understand all of what I'm talking about:
investopedia.com/terms/i/interestraterisk.asp
investopedia.com/terms/i/interest-rate-sensitivity.asp
investopedia.com/terms/y/yieldcurve.asp

Can be annoying when an already confusing explanation has mistakes in it.

XXII is about done consolidating. ARCI is a tiny float i'm holding long for a 2.00 moon mission

First

Anyone want to talk about shareholder meetings they went to this year?
Any meetings they are hype for?

What companies serve chicken tendies for their shareholder meetings?

Let me ask you this? Who goes to a titty bar during a fucking hurricane? They have a ton of them around the gulf, and I'm sure they lost a ton of revenue from being closed for the hurricanes. They're going to be going down further after they report earnings. Make a strategy to exit and mitigate your losses, you're not going to be making much money on here unless you plan on holding the bag for a long long time.

Filtered

if by "shareholder meeting", you mean autistically refreshing Veeky Forums and reddit during an earnings call/catalyst for a meme stock, sure i've been to plenty

tendies at some too!

Can anyone else trade on robinhood using there website? The website trading platform actually seems to be really nice.

Screenshot? They say it's being introduced Q1 2018

Same!

what scams should I short today?

If those count as shareholder meetings, I was at the one for the guys making the robot rocket surgeons, but the user who was on the call wouldn't ask about the moon mission, so we never found out the status of the moon mission. I ended up selling my stake because of uncertainty regarding their moon mission.

Short AMD, AMRS, NAK, and UVXY

Long DRYS

HERE

Ok so ETFs. I’m investing in the SCHK etf on Robinhood. A little each paycheck and hoping to see returns by the end of the year next year and take that money and transfer it to a real broker like IB or Charles Schwab. Probably Schwab so I can start day trading penny stocks there. Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts? Also what’s the next meme stock slated to rise?

CRF CLM

I'm poor and trading penny stocks, any good ones?

IDXG, AMD, natural gas

IB is better for trading since the have the cheapest commission behind RH ($1 per 100 shares) and the cheapest margin interest out of any broker including Robinhood (2%ish). They also support the most markets/exchanges of any broker.

The obly problem is their interface is ass. The desktop app looks like some windows 98 shit

keeping my eye on natural gas, this thing needs to hold here or else down she goes

Ngl it looks okay but basically the same thing as before just a step above pathetic charts and they packed on a screener. I like the crisp UI though

average price paid for ugaz by people on robinhood is 8.26. over 7000 people on robinhood own ugaz.

so is anyone else able to access trading on there website or is it just me? i remember being like one of the first thousand to sign up for website trading so maybe that has something to do with it?

Any good meme stocks for Friday bump?

up 10 dollaroos during in premarket

>Go to marketwatch
>Stock indexes up .35%
>Yay!
>Click crypto section
>Pic related

indices are doing a thing

any opinions on buying CIG today? they look like they hit their support but they are also going down and down?

pls i wan to nake moni

heres a screenshot of 3x etf popularity on robinhood.

Well, at least natgas hasn't shit the bed on the open, may have to play as a ranging market. Will have to see if the rig count data, released in lie 3 and a half hours, will give this thing a trend.

:O rgt users are based gold bulls, I'm so proud of you guys.

Wtf I got put onto the "waitlist" according to them and now I have it magically...

Any of you idiots get into $PIXY like I said yesterday? Pretty sure I told you all it was going to meme when it was sub 4$...hey at least $AMRS is up 0.00%! Fuck it jumped to 2% as I typed this out!

>TFW bought UAA at 11.61

how the fuck did you predict this?

1. Binary event (Shout out to my boy Bagholder Extraordinaire as he knows about dem binary events!) with an (amazing?) earning report. Basically there was talks of the accounting being shit and REVS where up 100%+ so that went out the window.
2. Low float small cap stock. Something like 1M-3M float.
3. The market has generally been pumping good ER's as well as low float small cap stocks this week.
4. LOW AS FUCK RSI after being bled off because people expected a terrible ER after it being delayed for so long.

I'm disappointed it didn't meme even higher TBQH but I suppose nearly 200% is a good jump.

>they put in a dedicated "For You" button
are they going for the /tv/ audience?

Join me in swinging LTBR, we’ll get rich three cents per share at a time

Filtered again

about to put a massive 50 share position on in UGAZ any thoughts?

is there any other way you could get natural gas exposure?

Ahh, the good old "I lost fucking everything" stock.

i don't know, maybe the future contracts?

i--i-t's got to go up eventually right?

SSC & SRAX

>$5000 a share

Then:

>$4000

Then:

>$3000

Then

>$2000

Then

>$1000

Then

>$500

Etc.

Enjoy your leverage on those losses though:D

Get in on BGFV guys its consolidating before it's next move up

>been buying back shares
>pays out a dividend
>low p/e ratio

undervalud as fuck

Get in under $8 before it runs to $10 then $15

doesn't necessarily have to be directly getting into futures if you don't want to, but UGAZ seems a little risky

cool, might just watch it a bit more the big gainz are just tempting

Holy crap! Quads! GO ALL IN ON UGAZ FOOL! RIGHT NOW!

I'm just sitting here just printing money selling credit spreads.

fuck need to make 3x gain within the yr, $AMRS a good candidate?

any particular stock that you sell them on?

most popular stocks on robinhood

>jnug

No wonder we all loose money

Consider suicide.

It's a binary event and would really help this board

TEUM blowing up

14,000 people on robinhood own top ships. the average price per share is .58. tops is .31 per share. lmao.

6,300 people on robinhood own dry ships. the average price per share is 9.42. drys is at 3.79 per share.

Lmao is this what it's like to be poor and stupid? You drive away those who give good information and calls?

pepefrogthinkingdrooling.png

NMM has been doing it's thing, if it breaks 2.42 it'll go to $3

Sorry I didn't get to you quicker. Poor, stupid, something something $AMRS, etc etc...

4,000 people on robinhood own cukstuck mining. the average price per share is .65. lode is trading at .33 per share

2,700 people on robinhood own amyris. the average price per share is 6. amrs is trading at 3.57

>immediately takes the bait
>must be self conscious about previous bad calls

everything thats memed on here creates large numbers of bagholders.

103,000 robinhood users own advanced micro devices. the average price paid is 11.44 amd trades at 10.14

GE. It's flat predictable.

Explain like I’m a 5 year old.

Anyone else here riding the rocket with me on PXLW?

thks i'll look into it

Ok if you think a stock is going to go up, you sell a put option that's out of the money, and at the same time buy a put option that's further out of the money. You should get a credit for the difference in price. When they both expire out of the money, you keep the credit.

BGFV getting close to take off, looking for a next week climber

Bought 3k LODE. Get on the train boyz

WHAT ABOUT BGFV PLEASE

I understand all those words are in English. But when you string them together like that...

This may be too advanced for me at the moment.

im curious too, how many people are in BGFV and whats the average

why are SP down, and nasdaq so high today?

Is there some news im not aware of?

673 users own big five. average price paid is 7.96

they need to average down. like right now

>Long term debt to equity: 65.69

S
GME
SFIX

LAST ONES THANKS

what about NMM?

I mean, S&P, Down Jones, and nasdaq.

541 own nmm and the average price is 2.33. not bad

is everyone using robinhood underwater or what?

Ok lets say I think GE will close next Friday below $18. Right now I could sell the $18 call option for .08 and buy the $18.50 call option for .02. I would immediately make 6 cents per contract. Now if the stock stays below $18 I keep the 6 cents, if it goes up to say 50 bucks, the most I can lose is the difference between the two strikes, or 50 cents per contract.

on all the memes people are underwater. but on etfs such as spy the average price paid is 241 per share.

Full sauce on stock trading mango?

I found a fun ETF! It's called $SLIM, it's literally just companies that cater to the needs of the obese.

I don't know what bastard came up with the name, but it's something. Also has a 1.9 div, and a 37 P/E

$SLIM, how to long obesity

>tfw no Bloomberg terminal

aren't those things super expensive, like $300 a month or something

upcoming catalyst for RXII

RXII
$0.64
+0.01 (+2.11%) RXI-109-1402
Connective tissue growth factor (CTGF)
Phase 2 YE 2017 12/31/2017
Phase 2 final readout due by the end of 2017.
RXII
$0.64
+0.01 (+2.11%) Samcyprone - RXI-SCP-1502
Cutaneous warts
Phase 2 YE 2017 12/31/2017
Phase 2 enrollment completed - noted September 6, 2017. Data read outs due before the end of 2017.

>he thinks he laid the bait
>doesn't realize he got baited himself
I'm so sorry you're retarded user.

Don't mind him, just keep making money and predicting the outcomes of binary events.