/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Alduin the Christmas Dragonlet Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

The 3rd Edition of UESRPG is out, give it a read and tell us what you think.

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blessings to all in the names of Almsivi.

What is something that you would remove/change from the established Lore?

>Remove
Orcs. A pig child was scrounging though my trash the other day looking for something to eat. I barely missed it with an arrow. Now my neighbors won't stop giggling every time I walk by.

>orcs could be the anti mage fighters
They have 25% resist magic in Morrowind and Oblivion. They opted not to give Orcs a racial passive in Skyrim for some dumbfuck reason.

>That's not the same. If something is there in lore, but isn't portrayed in game, then that doesn't mean it isn't there. If something is stated to not exist in lore, and the game goes ahead and adds it, then there's conflict.
Why are you defending cuckthesda?

Who is the Jesus Christ of Elder Scrolls?

Talos

Reman, definitely

Vivec

What is the reasoning behind your answers?

Lorkhan.

Ulfric

Crassius Curio, praise be.

>>/r/the_donald

CHIM. Not even memeing, it's only used as a cheap deus ex machina (Cyrdoiilic jungles) and worldbuilding>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>esoteric metaphysics

I'd gladly give up CHIM, earthbones, c0da, kalpas, lyg etc. for better worldbuilding like concept art skyrim, better colovian/nibenese distinction, cool bretons etc.

>Bretons aren't already cool.

I'd get rid of all the physical(and ectoplasmic) manifestations of the Night Mother. I'd prefer if we could never be sure if Night Mother was an actual person or Mephala's douchebaggery. It adds a huge depth to Mephala's character and Morag Tong/DB rivalry.

But Night Mother is Vivec.

I'd bring back snow elves or at least expand on them more. Dawngaurd was an ok start, and you found the snow prince's spear in a morrowind sidequest but you mean to tell me that we don't have a single snow elf ruin in all of skyrim when cyrodiil was littered with aylied ruins?

But Vivec is Mephala famalam.

>you mean to tell me that we don't have a single snow elf ruin in all of skyrim when cyrodiil was littered with aylied ruins?
Falmer ruins all melted down.

Who said falmer lived in cities made of permanent architecture or in cities at all?

If it helps, folks at SHotNplan to implement falmer ruins either as rare stone structures in hidden valleys and at mountaintops, or as ice temples chiseled straight up inside glaciers and half-deteriorated.

Is there a breed of Khajiit that can pass up as your stock chink catgirl/catboy?

And another question about cats. In "", Jobasha says that "[Tojay and Dagi] live in the south. In the Tenmar forest and the southern jungles and marshes."
But, isn't it a bit weird, considering Khajiit breed depends on its moonsign? Are Tojay and Dagi forsibly deported to South? Or they can only survive there? Or is there some another reason? Jobasha seems strangely secretive about these breeds, refusing to even describe how they look like.

>In "Interview With Three Booksellers", Jobasha says that
Whoops.

>Argonian
>not Healer

Why are people here so obsessed with Vivec? He's dead, just accept it

HA

>Why are people here so obsessed with Vivec?
CHIM

Who doesn't love the Warrior-Poet who gnaws on spears, shoves their Muatra into Azura's mouth and talks about CHIM?

>CHIM
It's a lie daedra told mortals to make them do what the daedra want

those niggas need to be fleshed out tho

I suppose this is acceptable, or that Ysgramor razed them all, but still it's weird to me.
This is also valid, yet it doesn't explain why they built a temple to Auri-El out of masonry etc. if they didn't also use permanent structures to live in. Also they were a god damn empire before the Night of Tears.

This sounds dope as fuck, and I look forward to it.

Going along with the Snow Elves, I wish the lore would provide more info about places like Atmora or Akavir. To my knowledge there's no representation of the Akiviri invaders of the 2E just remnants of their architecture. Would be cool to see an old stone mosaic or object.

Merry christmas /tgesg/!

>Vivec supposedly learned of CHIM after marrying and mating with the Daedric Prince Molag Bal

Thanks!

Merry Christmas to you too Seht!

Merry Christmas! Hope you and all the other UESRPG folks are having a good one!

Why isnt the elder scrolls lore thread on /v/, again?

Alright so I didn't get the response I was hoping for last thread (though thanks for the response, user).

What's a playstyle that involves both magic and weapons that's unique and fitting for each race?

also Merry Christmas Veeky Forums.

Because repeating the same ~4 questions over and over in a thread isn't very productive.
>what's chim?
>stormcloaks or imperials canon?
>is x the niggers of tes?
>who's telling the truth, saadia or kematu
>what's chim?
etc.

Can someone tell me how one goes about becoming a wizard in TES, what are spellbooks? What are scrolls. And what are the metaphysical ramifications of magic

So are Bretons traitors to the Empire because they sacked Orsinium in the beginning of the Fourth Era, and orcs are citizens of the Empire and therefore they are attacking the Empire's own people?

By that logic everyone is a traitor.

Pretty sure Dunmer, Nords, and Imperials didn't sack Orsinium.

Bretons and Redguards did, but Hammerfell seceded from the Empire so Redguards are not members of the Empire. Argonians would have been traitors too but they seceded.

It's an internal matter between the provinces.

i agree with this, metaphysics are neat and ultimatley part of what makes TES deep, but more so than any of that it is the amazing worldbuilding and the art of morrowind and skyrims pre release concepts aswell as redguard.

CHIM isnt nearly as important as most people think it is.
The Amaranth is a core concept to the lore but at the same time i mostly apreciate this game for the world

No they arent. Ive seen this said by so many people but ultimatley they are french people in a setting so much more complex than they are.

And there have been so many attempts at making Bretons cool by multiple lorumites.
The thing is: Every time they try to make bretons cool they make em un-bretonic.

i think its time to retire the idea of bretons as a major race. Reachmen as a seperate race would be far more interresting than bretons, so would the bjoulsea people and the wood orcs.
High Rock is better seen as a provinces with no "Main" race but several small races that make it cool, Bretons are cool as a PART of High Rock, High Rock as "Breton Land" is not very cool.

Argonians should all be about Regenerating health, Tails, Limbs, Trees.

The Empire was a puppet of a foreign king tho, the akaviri potentate. It was pretty much a non thing.

Fan theory on why the Orcs have akaviri esque armor: The Orcs were recruited into the potentates Syffim (Akkaviri Warriors, the precursor to the fighters guild) because they were the most loyal to the potentate, having no loyalties to the previous empire as only the potentate gave them citizenship, which is why they adopted parts of Akaviri culture into their armor.

So which race would shitpost the most if they had Veeky Forums?

>What is War of Bend'r-Mahk
>What is Arnesian War
>What is The Five Year War
>What is War of the Blue Divide
>What is The War of Betony
>What is Usurper's Invasion

Fucking Skyrim players and their utter lack of knowledge.

Could you answer these questions for me?

Because this exists: docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing

It's a shame TES is more video game than book focused. A few novels every year by a good team would be perfect.

>why the Orcs have akaviri esque armor
Akaviri != Japanese.
The only sources on what armor Akaviri used are a mention in PGE of Akaviri introducing Dragonscale armor and Blades armor in Oblivion, which looks more like a Lorica Segmentata than any Japanese armor.

>Retire Bretons as one of the main races.
9/10 b8.

If anything the Altmer are like the Japanese.

>yellow skin
>live on isles
>think they be better than other races
>famous for massacring a capital city

chim is experiencing the godhead. more is explained in previous threads better
we don't know until the next main series game. both are shit.
that's not how races work. all races are the niggers of tes if you really want an answer
neither and both, it's a shitty quest that instead of giving unclear answers and secrets purposefully makes the answers wrong and conflicting to force a grey area.

>X ES race is Y RL nation!
How about you fuck off. All ES races are eclectic as fuck.
Or at least they were until Beth started to flanderize the shit out of them.

Orcs would be litteral Shitposting.

Dunmer would be /pol/tards who fall for bait everytime.

Orcish armor looks like samurai armor because it's based on Altmeri design, n'wah.

>implying /col/ isn't true /pol/
Fucking Libenese.

Hypothetical: Men never arrive on tamriel, or if they do, they only come as invading raiders and never establish full settlements. How different is tamriel?

>getting this worked up on a Korean puppet show forum

Altmer, Bosmer, Ayleid and Falmer undergo dracochrysalis and disappear.
Dwemer still fuck themselves up.
Dunmer still live in their ashhole.
Khajiits still get high.

One thing I didn't understood, did vivec become a god because of the heart or because of CHIM?

Yes.

>Yes.
So both?

Martin Septim.

Bosmer.

Al-esh
The more you think about it the more it will make sense

Veloth

>sacrifices himself for the good of tamriel
>descended from a god (aldmeri dominion gtfo)
Yep, story checks out.

Talos is a fraud

the 25% resist magic is OP as fuck in Skyrim though.

Bretons get a free enchantment slot for min maxers, and the 25% resistance to frost, fire, and shock means they get 75% total. Nords and Dunmer only get 50%.

He rewrote his past so he was always a God but he first became a God through the heart. So it's both

>The Empire was a puppet of a foreign king tho, the akaviri potentate.
>In the Early Fourth Era.

No destruction?

Or is Destruction just that shitty without mods?

forgot this.

Magic is science with your mind.

Basically spellbooks describe the processes and mental exercises to create the desired results (Silence describes a bit of this). You do this by drawing on magicka reserves that you get in your daily life.
Scrolls, I'm gonna guess, are paper already imbued with the magicka needed to cast the spell, as well as inscribed with said processes. In Morrowind you enchanted them, so evidently they are a kind of enchantment.

So he didn't actually achieve CHIM then? And why didn't almalexia and sotha sil do the same? If they lost their connection to the heart, did he become mortal again? Also, this kind of "cheating" seems stupid to me, it looks like he is more powerful thsn daedra, maybe because he lives in the mortal plane tho

Vivec achieved CHIM. CHIM is like lucid dreaming where you enforce your will upon the dream except he's not the dreamer, he's a part of the dream. There's no telling when he achieved it, but Almalexia and Sotha Sil didn't because Alma was freaking out about losing her divinity when the Heart was destroyed.

Speaking of Khajiit, can literally two housecat sized khajiit end up producing a giant ass tiger as a child?

Or funnier yet, wouldn't the moon cycle mean your siblings could end up being giant tigers, small housecats, or Bosmer-lookalikes?

>that pic
Such degeneracy!

eh, didnt read properly.
somehow i thought this was about the reman empire.

Yes

i think there was a lorebook about a khajiit riding his brother into battle.

Sotha Sil was too busy being a dweaboo playing with his toys to consider CHIM. Likewise Amalexia is needy and wants attention and love from her followers. But he achieved CHIM after the heart but then changed his past so it was something he had always done.

>Or funnier yet, wouldn't the moon cycle mean your siblings could end up being giant tigers, small housecats, or Bosmer-lookalikes?

Yes actually. In Infernal City the main characters meet a khajiit woman, and she rides her brother as a steed.

You haven't seen the argonian disguisemaster who is in a weird relationship with a tsundere breton dominatrix who considers him a "pet" and a lover.
The Thieves Guild in ESO has some... interesting characters. It was generally good though.
And gave us canon animated armor entities.

>ultimatley they are french people in a setting so much more complex than they are.
this

So does that mean a humanoid khajiit fucking a tiger khajiit would be A-OK by Khajiit standards?

Best not to think about it.

>becoming a wizard
Depends on your race and province.
As an Altmer or Breton you'd have to try really hard not to become a wizard, or at least learn some form of magic. As a Nord, be a nerd, or at least learn to read. Your family will hate you and ship you off somewhere so you don't disgrace their ice-mining family name. Dunmer would be probably be slightly more difficult if you're outside the influence of Great House Telvanni, but even the Redoran have a use for enchanters. Orcs, Bosmer, and Argonians would train under the clan Shaman. Imperials would be easy if you live in a major city and can afford schooling. Good luck otherwise. Khajiit probably just smoke in the desert and learn mysticism naturally. Redguard I'm not sure. They don't like magic much that doesn't come from a sword.

Yes

>Sotha Sil was too busy being a dweaboo
Well, dwemers are awesome, can't argue with that

And technically his later tech isn't dwemer, but pulls more straight magitek.

You decide...

I'm sure there's a limit even to the degeneracy of the Khajiiti culture. I doubt an Alfiq being used like a fleshlight by any of the humanoid Khajiit would be thought as normal.

How common is armour for mages?

Would Imperials, Nords, and Orcs typically have battlemages rather than pure mages?

Alt. If you're a nord pay to chill with the Skal and learn dat old Shaman magiks.

Wait, ESO is actually doing weird, good lore?

>canon
Dumb trainposter.

Mmm. Everything post launch in terms of content is usually actually quite good.

Imperials typically have Battlemages that wear heavy plate. I imagine it's easier to concentrate when you don't have to worry about a stray arrow hitting your lung. Nords would probably have lightly armored skirmisher mages who jump in, stab you with an icicle, then scream magic at you. Orcs would wear shit and furs and sit in their tents talking about how much they hate Bretons.
>not Vehk and Sil
Disappointed.