If you were a soldier of the Imperial Guard sent to fight (read die) on a planet facing one of the enemies of the...

If you were a soldier of the Imperial Guard sent to fight (read die) on a planet facing one of the enemies of the Imperium, what would the worst enemy to fight?
Chaos
Tyranids
Dark Eldar
Necrons

I'd guess Tau and Eldar wouldn't be that bad, but I might be wrong

In terms of how bad of a defeat or how much suffering?

If you get captured, dark eldar. If not, chaos.

obviousl it's dark elder
at least with chaos you have a chance to be shot by your commisar or the trusty inquisition before you die a horrible death.

Dark Eldar, that's not even a debate.
Chaos fuckers might do fuckery to you, but you if captured you have a chance to just smear the Emperor and become a crazed cultist for the dark powers.
If the tyrannids nom you, you'll probably suffer a lot, but, you'll die after being eaten.
Same with the Necrons ; You'll see death robots that will probably scare shit you, but at least, your nightmare ends with your death.

With the Dark Eldar, your suffering will NEVER end. They can peel off your skin, crush your bones, and only leave you with your organs, and yet you'll still be able to feel this every second of it. And they'll always find new ways to rape/torture you so that you'll never, ever get the habit of it.
You'll have no mouth, yet you'll want to scream.

Necrons just want to kill me. Better still, they will do it swiftly. Sure, the lore does describe dying to guass flayer as painful, but it will destroy a human in seconds. So not much time for pain. Few other weapons can guarantee such a swift death.

Nids want to kill me. Sure, their weapons kill in nasty ways. But they still kill quickly, unless they perceive me as no longer being a threat due to injuries. Then they might ignore me for later.

So they shouldn't be too bad.

Chaos and Dark Eldar are going to be horrors. Dark Eldar because they want to keep me alive for torture, which they are very good at. Chaos because the horrors they inflict on me might not end with my death.

Iirc, canonically IG hate fighting Necrons the most.

>Tau
Toleable, worst case scenario is dying, there's a chance of indoctrination
>Eldar
Whibbly-whobbly fate reason makes you survive the war
>Tyranid
Eaten
>Orks
Killed
>Necrons
Killed or ignored as seen in Dead Men Walking
>Dark Eldar
ABSOLUTELY THE WORST FUCKING THING
>Chaos
Second worst thing desu due to the high probability of you being enslaved just like with the Dark Eldar

That has nothing to do with being captured and everything to do with fighting a nigh unkillable force. Its an almost guaranteed death sentence

Chaos is the wild card. Maybe they'll rapetorture your immortal soul forever and ever. Maybe they'll just kill you. Maybe they'll let you join them and genuinely improve your quality of life. Spin the chamber, pull the trigger.

I haven't read a single piece of fluff where Chaos forces treated their conquered enemies as anything more than cattle

I assumed you have to be a traitor first to be welcomed into the fold and not get defeated and then be part of the war machine

>All these betas scared of the Dark Eldar because none of them are alpha enough to tame a Wytch with their dick

lel

They have to get all those traitor guardsmen from somewhere. It's not like being used as a meatshield for the more important units is anything new.

>They have to get traitor guardsmen from somewhere

Like them getting corrupted by Chaos and betraying the Imperium?

I mean there's a chance they would coerce beaten regiments to join up but I reckon with the way Chaos works they don't have to rely on beating them in a war then forcing them to take up arms.

The Night Lords Omnibus have the main character Talos being less asshat to his slaves as long they are uselful. He is problaly one of the few Chaos Lords who would not shoot a cultist for bringing him bad news.

The only way your mon'keigh dick will serve a Wych is impaled on her wall.

I mean, yeah, it's pretty unlikely, but on one end of the spectrum we have "if you surrender you'll be assimilated into an Orwellian dystopia" Tau. On the other end we have "if you surrender you get tortured forever" DE. Everything between are varying flavors of "you die." Chaos can land you anywhere between those, depending on who you're fighting.

That's also because that particular NL warband was extremely low on manpower and skilled individuals, not to mention Talos being an extreme case on top of that.

I just feel the chances of becoming a cultist is negligible compared to dying or suffering as bad a fate as being captured by Dark Eldar.

I'm pretty sure that a Dark Apostle from a Word Bearer warband will probably be really happy to recruit cultists everywhere. After all, they are the people who have a crazed Jehovah witness-like trip.

I might have been unclear

I don't say they don't recruit cultists (Alpha Legion and Word Bearers excel at that)

I'm saying that if you're part of the PDF or the Imperial Guard that actually fight back there's a very small chance you'll be any better off with Chaos forces as you would be with Dark Eldar.

Why not? A force of puny humans that manages to fight back might be a force worthy of the Dark Powers, they just need a little corruption.
Imagine a colonel from an imperial regiment that manages to defeat a whole host of Chaos undivided. I'm sure that a very charismatic Dark Apostle that manages to convert him and his man will be really happy to have powerful traitor guardsmen instantly switching your weapons.
I have no idea if this ever happened anywhere in the fluff. I'm just wondering if you think that this could be possible.

So far what I've read had been Word Bearers wiping out any armed resistance as they are the same as the loyalist marines when it comes to matter of faith.

Actually I'm fairly sure Word Bearers are one of the worst chaos marines you could face, seeing as they use lesser humans (Meaning anyone non-Astartes) in rituals to summon daemons and enslave them to build cathedrals and shit

I'd sooner see a daemon or mortal cult leader do what you've described than a Word Bearers marine of any capacity or role

Being captured by the Emperor's Children is canonically the "worst fate conceivable" in 40k.

You forget that the Night Lords ate babies. They also regularly stalk the depths of their ship to murder people. Remember, the nicest and least corrupted of the Night Lords turned out to be hopelessly corrupted by Slaanesh, and addicted to murder.

Dark eldar is worst
other race design weapons to kill their enemies
Dark eldar weapons are designed for maximum pain

Yeah, the Dark Eldar weapons are designed to really fuck with you. Like, the idea behind some of them were:

> "Hey, I made this gun that can disintegrate people. Also, this gun fires a hail of razor-sharp monofilament projectiles that kill you instantly."
> "No, no, that's basic bitch stuff. Let's have the gun use the souls of orphans for a power source. Also, have it fire slivers of crystallized poison, amirite?"

I wouldn't say that Cyrion was the nicest or most uncorrupted, just charming and funny. Xarl, I would place as the most uncorrupted, and Talos or Mercutian as the nicest.

And the Iron Warriors omnibus have the various warriors of IV Legion literally calling human slaves "meat". For a slave, being called a filthy useless human by an Iron Warrior is totally bitchin' because he recognizes that you are a human being at all.
They're used as slave labor, their corpses are ground into gruel to be fed to the others, they are used in ritual sacrifices to bind demons into artillery guns, they're used as sandbags, they're used as living minesweepers and marched forward under the threat of death or being fed to a demon engine towards enemy lines to reveal weapons emplacements and to exhaust enemy munitions.

Probably Dark Eldar for how much you'll suffer that or Chaos. If it was just the mortal followers of Chaos it would be pretty easy but CSM would make you shit your pants. Necrons would be the most difficult to beat in my opinion. Just because no Imperial army in fluff has been able to beat them decisively in combat. Does that sound about right /thread/?

Most folks have it right.

>Chaos
Absolutely nightmarish. It's not just your flesh at stake, but your very soul. Surrendering could end in you ending up as a daemonic sacrifice and being devoured for all eternity.

>Tyranids.
Nasty. Brutish and Short. You'll feel a stirring nearby, then teeth, then nothing else (Assuming the spores and shit doesn't eat you alive from the inside out in a slow choking death)

>Dark Eldar
The absolute fucking worst. Fighting them is torture. Losing to them is guaranteed agony. As others have said, they can kill and hurt you and not necessarily in that order. You absolutely have to win against these bastards.

>Necrons.
Similar to the Tyranids, but instead of a slavering maw, the last thing you see is a wink of green light.

Secessionist humans who aren't Chaos-y, but still need to be brought back into the fold.

Sorry, you said worst. I read Best cos I'm a fucking retard.

Probably Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar would be the worst.
If Chaos doesn't kill you, it recruits you.
Everything else kills you.
The Dark Eldar would make you pray for Chaos and/or death.