Leman Russ is notified of Horus being a traitor shortly after he leaves for Prospero

Leman Russ is notified of Horus being a traitor shortly after he leaves for Prospero.

How does the Heresy unfold?

>I made a huge mistake...but at the same time it felt good

That would put even more spotlight on the Space Yiffs, which is a bad thing.

>Leman Russ
Hey nerd wanna help me kick Horus' ass.

>Magnus......Eh,why not.

He still confronts Magnus and they still probably chimp out into violence that ends with the Thousand Sons falling to Chaos.

He gets Magnus to Terra in peace, where Cyclops swaps with Emperor on the Throne. Emperor is free to crush Heretics and talk sense back into his corrupted sons. Even if he is still crippled in Horus fight, the Empire is in better shape, and Emp can just die and reincarnate.

Russ was the Emperor's executioner. If he hadn't believed it was Empy's will, he would never have burned Prospero. He would've dragged Magnus back to daddy, Emps would've given them both a merciless chin-wagging, and they would be forced to go on a crusade together until they learn to get along.

>the miss-adventures of Magnus and Russ.
i want to read this so much.

>One's a cyclops and a huge nerd
>The other's a jock with an unhealthy fixation on wolves
>Together... THEY FIGHT CRIME!

>Russ loses to Horus instead of Magnus
>Horus' tactical abilities mean he had Russ' wolves killed long before it came to a one on one duel
>Nobody saves Russ from his failure so he dies
>Magnus is never forced to give in to Chaos
>Voluntarily heads to Terra to repent
>The Emperor forgives him on condition that he sit on the Golden Throne for as long as necessary
>The Emperor is able to actively take part in Webway battles and Siege of Terra, decisively tipping both battles in favour of the Imperium
>Malcador is never asked to give his life to allow the Emperor to confront Horus
>Overall Imperium is in a much better state, potentially with the Emperor surviving to directly oversee the post-Heresy reconstruction and seek new avenues for the Imperial Webway

Russ is like the opposite of Its A Wonderful Life.

I may or may not have engaged in writefaggotry.

If you deliver good stuff writefag you will be a glorious fag.

>>Magnus is never forced to give in to Chaos
>>Voluntarily heads to Terra to repent

Why would this happen? Magnus Legion was already screwed into dealing with Tzeencth and while he knew he fucked up with the Webway he still thought he was right about the use of his sorcery.

Sanguinus is probably alive, too. That's pretty important.

>"Russ, Horus has turned into a mad cunt"
>"BLARGHHHH WOLVES WOLVES WOLVES"
>Horus Heresy continues as normal

You do know Magnus would have Solo'd Horus 1v1 without breaking a sweat

I would still sit Magnus on the Throne, as far away as possible from Horus, just to be sure.

are you implying Russ lost to Magnus?

how would he be notified? Who would even notify him?

This is important. Remember Prospero happened before anything went down in the Istvaan system.

>Leman Russ is notified of Horus being a traitor shortly after he leaves for Prospero.
He was in the old lore alteast. He convinved the Emperor Magnus was lying and that Magnus was the Traitor.

The new lore is a shadow of that old hatred and thats why the skub wars around Prospero make no sense.

Eldar and/or Alpha Legion. Whichever Russ would be more likely to believe. All they have to say is Horus got corrupted (and some sort of proof) and is trying to use Russ to provoke fighting between the primarchs against the Emperor's wishes.

>Eldar and/or Alpha Legion. Whichever Russ would be more likely to believe.
so, neither? Dude only trusts the emperor. Everyone who wasn't horus thought alpharius was a complete shit, and no one except for alpharius would be dumb enough to give the eldar the time of day.

>He convinved the Emperor Magnus was lying and that Magnus was the Traitor.
That actually depends on which version of the old fluff you're reading. IA SW has russ be the one to convince the emperor into culling magnus. In IA TS and older fluff (late RT, 2e) it was the emperor doing things without any need for convincing, because magnus was treating with the warp.

The big thing is the Golden Throne. Master of Mankind makes it pretty clear that the Webway project was the real fight, and that without Magnus it would ultimately be doomed, since it needed repairing.

So a lot changes.

>Master of Mankind makes it pretty clear that the Webway project was the real fight
Black Library fags need a containment thread.

Screwed yes, but not fallen.

always surprised how Russ didnt fall to Khorne:

>Angry
>Space Viking
>hates sorcery
>likes Wolves
>hurdur honour in battle
>likes berserker melee tactics

they're literally more khorne than any other khorne worshipping faction in both settings

Theres no difference concerning Tzeencth. Turning Magnus into his pawn was a crux of his plan and there were countless checks and balances in place. More so than any Primarch a thousand strings of fate tied him to Chaos the moment Magnus was taken from Terra.

> after he leaves

>tied him to Chaos the moment Magnus was taken from Terra.
Traitor Legions says even before that actually.

Except that they'll never fall to Chaos because they aren't a bunch of Heretics in the sense that the Emperor and the Primarchs believed Heresy meant. In fact at this point I'd argue that the Space Magick of Russ and the Rune Priests is probably related to the Tyranid hivemind or something since the Emperor never gave a shit about Russ and his sons' magic powers but cared about the Thousand Sons since it was tied to Tzeentch.

Basically, whatever the Space Wolves are drawing power from for their magic, which is supposedly very closely related to the type of sorcery that Magnus and friends do, the Emperor deemed it safe and not something that will cause corruption, while he saw right through Magnus' pact with Tzeentch and was always wary about him and his legion and what was actually giving them their powers.

>Implying the SW special trait isnt hypocrisy
Dont try and justify it user. GW just thinks that vikings should break the rules so allows them special exceptions. There really is no justification for the yiffs ignoring Nikaea but they wouldnt have to if theyd just kept it as banning sorcery instead of changing it.

i'd read that

Supposedly Sangy was Khorne's first choice, then he had to settle for Angron.

Post it. Now.

Pre-buffed Horus? Sure. Horus with chaos powers? No way.

>Khorne got his second choice
>Tzeentch got his first choice
What about Nurgle and Slaanesh?

Who was first choice for Tzeench? I haven't been keeping up with the 30k lore.

>Who was first choice for Tzeench?
Couldn't have been anyone other than Magnus. The only other significant psyker/sorcerer was Lorgar and who would want him? That's why he ended up as undivided.

Slaanesh certainly got his first choice, there wasn't anyone more fabulous than Fulgrim. He also basically walked right into faggot god's arms without any outside help.

Nurgle is a little more difficult to say. Mortarion was sort of his boy from the start, but he was also an underperfroming larper nerd. I'm sure Nurgle would have probably preferred someone stronger like Horus.

Yes, because he did. In their one on one duel, Magnus came out on top, but Russ' girlfriends/wolves attacked Magnus' legs before he could land the killing blow on Russ.

The fight then continued with Magnus crippled but still holding his own until Tzeentch intervened and made a stray blow strike Magnus' eye.

So in a pure one on one fight, Magnus was the better man and Russ could only nominally win through interference.

BL is not canon.

Not that user but if you go off old fluff theres no proof they even fought.

FW and GW says they fought and that Magnus got wrecked. BL is just in the business of making traitors look good.

If the Space Wolves were dispatched to sanction the Sons of Horus, it would not have ended well for Russ.

The Sons of Horus were one of the largest Legions, while the Space Wolves were one of the smallest.

Sure. the Space Wolves could have been created to sanction the other Legions, but it's a sanction that really only has any teeth when used against the other tiny Legions, like the Thousand Sons.

If Russ was tasked with sanctioning Guilliman, for example? The simple attrition of constant naval warfare upon entering Ultramar space meant he probably wouldn't have made it into Macragge's solar system.

(You)

BL's version of Prospero makes complete sense with the canon, though.

The only definitively canon and well-described fight Russ ever has with another Primarch ended with him being completely incapable of causing damage and getting knocked out like a bitch when he tried to clumsily maneuver out of the fight he started.

It took Russ two whole days to recover. That's how badly he lost.

It only makes sense that Russ would have to rely on outside forces to fight Magnus.

>codexes says that despite magnus's arcane might he was no match to Russ's fury
>novel shows magnus winning until wolfshit happened

You can live in denial all you want. BL is traitor propaganda .

(You)

Read WoM.
Novels are not canon so stop using them.

>no counterargument
>responds with tired memes
I'll take another (you), though. Thanks

>My favorite character isn't Seagal-level unbeatable in some books so those books aren't valid.

(You)

>all sources agree on one version except one source
>that one source is right one!

Magnusfag go away.

Angron didn't have the hardon for wolves but he was MUCH angrier than Russ and was only concerned with butchering whatever got in front of him. Russ at least went into battle with a clear objective in mind. Also Angron's entire beef with the Emperor was because Big E was an honorless cunt to him.

I'm noticing your lack of source user.

Space Wolf codexes.
Wrath of Magnus already cited that.

>Every version of a fight featured in every Space Wolves and Dark Angels codices confirms that Lion beat Russ with a single punch
>One version of a story tenuously implies that Russ beat Magnus easily

Sounds like an intentional biased narrator in the WoM book. Read between the lines. Are you seriously saying that the Primarch power rankings go like this

>Lion One Punch El'Jonson
>Guy with an Axe named Russ
>Magnus the Second Greatest Psyker
>Everyone Else
>Lorgar

That makes no sense, user. At very least there is a conflict in canon here that needs to be explained. Perhaps Magnus was trying not to hurt his little brother, and Russ in a tard rage took advantage of that.

Are Space Wolves fans the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to 40k? The furfag degeneracy meme can't possibly be real, can it?

Nothing changes.

>If he hadn't believed it was Empy's will, he would never have burned Prospero.
He attacked Angron without any of the Emp's will behind him.

Post your claim user.

I think these threads are either encouraging the more derpy ones and putting off the more sane. They are so easy to wind up though. It's irresistible.

It doesn't help that BL has completely fucking failed to write Russ properly, and made him this edgy loser loner instead of the literal Viking that he is in the original lore.

Is that a non sequitur? Yes it is. The codexes all agree on what happened with the Lion and the Wolf. What they also agree on is that Magnus's magic did not help him against Russ and then he got wrecked.

So the conclusion is that GW doesn't give a fuck about what's written in the BL novels.

No worries BL is not canon so don't even bother talking about it.

Russ is a cool guy.

GW lore is one thing and the BL another thing. In WoM it says that two things that run counter to what's in the novels. The first thing is that the Emperor ordered Horus to go tell Russ to arrest Magnus. The second thing is that Magnus got his ass beat by Russ.

POST SOURCE FOR YOUR CLAIM.

Im not even arguing with you you just havent given source. And no just saying the 144 page book isnt enough.

>Are Space Wolves fans the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to 40k?
No. Absolute bottom is occupied by Carnac. Wolvffags are just above him.

(You)

Literally the first pages of the book the one dicxussing the burning of Prospero.

No that would be Magnusfags who use non-canon material in their arguments.

>What they also agree on is that Magnus's magic did not help him against Russ and then he got wrecked.

Provide evidence of this. Some sources agree that Magnus lost while others state that he won before interference. You've provided no evidence to say he lost easily or badly.

The standard we're looking for is the Lion and The Wolf story, that clearly and in all sources supports the fact that Russ started the fight, got nothing accomplished despite trying for an entire day, and then got knocked out in one punch. Even the more Space Wolf codex, which intentionally presents Russ in a better light, supports this basic timeline for the fight.

>So the conclusion is that GW doesn't give a fuck about what's written in the BL novels.

Your conclusion isn't supported by anything in your argument. You've just continually repeated it at random intervals. If you want to talk about evidence, provide it for this claim too.

GW just put BL's Twin Primarchs thing in the Traitor Legions supplement I'd say they do pay attention to things in BL books.

>Its a one SpaceYiff-fag shit posts and people still respond episode
Yawn.

Sick so you know where it is post it then.

>No that would be Magnusfags who use non-canon material in their arguments.
They did everything tight.

(You)

Already did.
The GW codexes which you seem disregard as proof like how GW disregards BL. Only BL shows that Magnus was overpowering russ.

>GW just put BL's Twin Primarchs thing in the Traitor Legions supplement

Oh....did they mention the Cabal or did they use a different motivation for the AL?

Post source already.

Why do you I have to do your work for you?

Because its your work as youre claiming it. You claimed theyre using non canon fluff yet refuse to post your own?

Lazy pups.

You said WoM not the SW codex?

I said both.
Already proved my point, Magnusfag.

see >Literally the first pages of the book the one dicxussing the burning of Prospero.

Please post source for your claims.

>Space Yiff codex talks up Russ
Pretty surprising tbqhwyfamalam.

Prospero Burns contradicts this, user.

I got you mate. He not posting because it contradicts his 'opinion' (read poor trolling attempt.

>Magnus, in his disgrace, chose not to defend his glorious city of Tizca – not until the screams of his sons grew too loud to ignore. When the Primarch brought his might to bear the carnage was great indeed. It was too late; Prospero already burned. In his grief, Magnus was defeated in combat with Leman Russ, but worked a spell at the last to spirit himself, his Legion and much of the city of Tizca away into the Warp.

Remember all those years when Magnusfags lied about Russ convincing the Emperor to purge Magnus or him changing his Emperor give orders baed on Horus's words? It's over now.

I would like to see how Magnusfags can come at Russ now.

And heres the bit from Traitor Legions that contradicts his other 'point' about Horus being involved.

>When Horus gathered his forces against the Imperium the Thousand Sons first tried to use their occult powers to warn the Emperor. Mistrustful of anything tinged by Chaos, the Emperor declared the Thousand Sons heretics. Leman Russ and the Space Wolves Legion were ordered to the Thousand Sons’ home world of Prospero to apprehend the errant mystics.

>GW ignores BL
Senpai please.

Of course it does.

>Remember all those years when Magnusfags lied about Russ convincing the Emperor
Yeah all those years of people quoting IA must have been really hard for you when you were 6.

>contradicts his other 'point' about Horus being involved.

It doesn't unless you can prove that the Emperor didn't use Horus to deliver the message as MoW says.

>These contradicting versions of event dont contradict because I like what this one says
K.

You mean quoting things that are no longer canon or have never been canon at all. Stick with GW sources please try to badmouth Russ now. You will notice that you can't because only in BL does is allowed for authors to shit on loyalists.

I see no contradiction except the one you are forcing. The Emperor could still be said to have ordered Russ even if he sent the order via Horus.

>IA
>Not GW material
>Not canon
AYYY LMAO

Wolf-fag going all out I see.

>that are no longer canon

Magnusfag please.

>And in that instant, the City of Light, its silver towers and vast libraries and its Legion of Thousand Sons vanished from the face of Prospero, and the Imperium.

So wait did Magnus teleport everyone out or create a portal? Hmmm Im really glad these sources aline so well.

Also what kind of retard claims Index Astartes as non-canon?

>Russfags will deny anything that proves their hypocrisy
Good roleplay I guess.

>Also what kind of retard claims Index Astartes as non-canon?

Laurie Goulding for one.

And anyone who read anything in the past 5 years.

>Claims BL isnt canon
>Uses Gouldstein as a source
Getting desperate I see.

>implying BL being disregarded isn't common in Veeky Forums

I am willing to make two bets.
One, you would do the same if Magnus was bad mouthed in the series. Two, you hold similar views towards BL but you suppressed them out of hate for the wolves.

>In his grief, Magnus was defeated in combat with Leman Russ

So Magnus was too grief-stricken and conflicted to fight properly.

Man that's almost worse than the BL version. At least there Russ was fighting someone that was actually trying. Here we have Glassjaw sucker-punching his own brother when he's trying to save his people from Russ' fuck-up.

Index Astartes is not Black Library user. You retardation knows not bounds if you couldnt follow that through.