Warhammer 40,000 general

Still Sangüinalia edition

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

The Dark Eldar strike first with gifts!

>same fucking shit as genestealer armored claw without the upgrade sprue
>same price
>can't even use the guardsmen as i don't play cadians
t-t-tthanks gw

Yeah, as an Admech player Skittles haywire is waaaay more bullshit than anything the clowns can pull off, leave em alone.

Even Skitarii haywire isn't too bad though, its decent for blasting through big tough things like Land Raiders, but it's equally possible you burn 60 points on rifles that kill one Rhino. It's the same as expensive high-T units, they're vulnerable to stuff that ignores that.

>Curze is a Demon Primarch

Wait, how do we know the prices? Am I missing something in the article, because to sell an objectively worse box is so stupid I don't think even Kirby would pull that. He just did

Playing a non-Cadian regiment is suffering (when it comes to new releases).

Which regiment do you play?

What is that image from?

>Fall of Cadia
>Curze is true prophet of the 8th
Curze rules when?

If I was gonna include Mk3 marines as Chosen in my Black Legion army, should I paint them in black and gold, or paint them in Sons of Horus colours?

So just buy the Chimera and stop bitching?

FoC might even lead to more regiments in plastic, you never know.

>FoC might even lead to more regiments in plastic, you never know.

Why would it lead to more regiments in plastic?

It's the same price, you can get one with the sprue, or one without. This isn't a problem, at all.

Would you be happier if the GSC one was 10-20$ more just for a single sprue?

nice baseless conjecture son

Cadia getting fucked might lead to less focus on Cadians over time.

So I have done a re-reading of the recent Imperial campaign books.

All them take place in 999 41K and they all share a lot of thing in common. Primarily....Cadians

>Sanctus Reach
>Shield of Baal
>Mont'ka

The primarily forces of each book featured the Cadians. And the given numbers about the Astra Militarum were billions.

The proceed of these conflicts saw the Cadians absolutely and crushingly massacred. Shield of Baal ended with majority of the Cadian regiments are dead and the tattered survivors limping back to Cadia to fight Abaddon's new crusade. Mont'ka ended with 50%+ of the campaign forces lost. Sanctus Reach while no concrete details were given we are told that the Astra Militarum got wrecked in the fight.

In the span of under a year, the year of the 13th Black Crusade, billions of Cadians met their ends in far off conflicts.

>Oh shit Fall of Cadia is real, my fellow High lords

Of course that would happen if you expend Cadian blood this recklessly. Why is the Imperium such dumbfucks? Are the Cadians the only regiment around in the galaxy? Why couldn't they rely on other worlds for conflicts outside the Cadian sector, especially when they know that the 13th is coming?

Whats the best way to run a Deathwatch army?

No, it's just dumb. Why would anyone actually buy the one with less stuff in? Bitz Box space is not at such a premium that most would turn down some free knives and cool heads.

The £35 for guard+chimera+sprue is nice, I was just hoping the AA box would be something like £30.

>billions of Cadians met their ends in far off conflicts.

Citation required.

Those images are from Void Stalker, third in the Soul Hunter trilogy by ADB

Congrats you made Curze super shallow.
Actually he embraced being a general at first, learning how to warfare from Mr. beautiful Serpent Primarch, though once his Legion was infected by rapists and murderers, he hated what his Legion became.
He was like the father of a rapist/murderer in our times, he became bitter.
Also his future sight and guilt of the past, as well as his hate of both chaos taint and the imperium and the death of his favorite son Sevetar drove him insane, living in both the past, present and future.
He let himself die as an insane lesson to the Emperor; "you killed me in the same way that you hated me"
Since he hated his Legion, he left no known successor, and only left them with the vague goal of punishing the Imperium.

So you think GW is going to squat an entire line of plastics over one campaign book? Wishful thinking to the extreme.

Oh in pounds it might be.

It's 50$, so you'll get it cheaper.

No. Never mentioned squatting. I mean they'll put more focus on other guys.

They can just sell Cadians as generic Guardsmen, they won't be squatting anything.

The campaign books I cited.

In Mont'ka for example, the book says that the landers deployed billions guardsmen on the ground. In the end if war, 50% of the Imperial forces were left stranded on the planet. Then the planet was nuked...

But I want other fucking regiments goddamnit.

They aren't going to focus on regiments with 30 year old metal models, pal. If anything we'll get Catachans front and center and I don't care much for them any more than Cadians.

some user last thread said 50$
it might be less actually since i just checked and a genestealer armored claw is 55$
i would think since the chimera is 39 € they won't drop it below 45 € but then again start to collect boxes exist to so we'll see
space Russians
atleast i can do the local cadian players some favours by selling them the guard sprue for 6 €

Oh and he purged his Home World because it was the only way to stop the scum of his planet joining his Legion, in his eyes. Also he wanted to show his sons how much he didn't care for them/how much they are fucked up in his eyes.
He was right, look at 10th company, Talos is the closest thing the warband has to reasonable, and he is very fucked up

They will if they bring them out as new plastics.

You'd get them, there'd just be a generic option. Pretty much what Cadians are anyway.

Is there any book or novel that includes all of that?
Or the major part at least?

>Of course that would happen if you expend Cadian blood this recklessly. Why is the Imperium such dumbfucks? Are the Cadians the only regiment around in the galaxy? Why couldn't they rely on other worlds for conflicts outside the Cadian sector, especially when they know that the 13th is coming?

The writers have to do this because Cadians are the mainline sold by GW. They can't sell models for made up regiments or OOP metal ones.

I want to build a Blood Angels army, I like that they are space marines but with an edge in assault.

Wondering how to build an army list.

Should I go all-out assault or should I build it like a balanced Demi Company and simply remind myself when playing games that they aren't completely helpless in melee should it come to that?

I'm considering taking units like devastators but clearly they aren't able to make use of the Blood Angel's strengths.

So I tinkered with this list based on a post in the other thread, mentioning I don't have a lot of weapons to penetration Av14. He mentioned replacing the Cohort Cybernetica with an Elimination Maniple and adding some Grav Destroyers and getting rid of my two 5man Ranger squads. So I tinkered around, came up with this but I'm still not satisfied.

Did a little research and I'm coming up short on how to keep what I want and also be at most semi effective. I don't think I'm liable to win any tournaments without a War Convocation or something.

Any suggestions?

Read the Soul Hunter omnibus, it's in the mega in OP.

I just got the Burning of Prospero boxed game.
I was wondering what I can use the Thousand Sons models for, as I play them in 40k.

Oh wow thanks!
Cute Konrad Curze thanks you also.

This makes me think that Cadia has a pop higher than most hiveworlds, though.

>so just spend extra money on things you don't need, enjoy the newly released discount box that you could already buy 3 months in advance with a different name and stop bitching
okay user
also i honestly doubt we'll get more plastic regiments unless gw gives us separate rules for them , from a business point of view it's not smart to have parallel products like that

Literally all Cadia does is create Regiments for the Imperial Guard.

Learn to read.

They have breeding programs, and rewards for having childreb, but they are all raised as soldiers.

It is all modern day 40k, but there is a lot of reflection on the past, on how the Legion became poisoned with rapists and murderers, and how Curze fell. He doesn't even need the upcoming HH novel on his story, with how many details you get on him from these books.

It's still one planet and if we go with that logic, then Krieg should have covered the whole galaxy in IG.

oh i'm sorry ill enjoy my 69€ armored assault instead
much better thank you how dare i be slightly disappointed at having to pay that for what is essentially the exact same thing

Is using the Plague Hulk as a Nurgle Soul Grinder cliche/boring? I would rather use the SG model and paint it Nurgle-ly, especially since it'll save me nearly 50%

Learn to read.

I said buy the CHIMERA. By itself. Not the whole box. Jesus Christ, user.

>Those images are from Void Stalker, third in the Soul Hunter trilogy by ADB aka modern C.S. goto and expect his books being retconned soon.
FTFY

Droppod alpha strike i think? but even then equip them too much and you end up with too few units
Theyre really ally tier like harlies and storm troopers

I don't think so. For some reason ADB is on the good side of GW. They keep giving important stuff to write.

Cool then. Also, I've looked them up in Goddreads and they have a solid 4,30/5 wich is pretty fucking good.
(I know it may not be 100% reliable because of fans, but is good anyways)

Build them shoot but sitll able to assault.

Assault weapons like heavy flamers and meltas are your bread and butter.
run them in 5 man squads in sanic fast razorbacks or drop them down in 10 man squads in drop pods.
Only take special weapons you cant shoot and charge with on bikes so they get to shoot and charge anyway.
Devasators are pretty ok, but blood angels get superior predators and vindicators for heavy duty stuff.

He is writing the upcoming HH books on Curze and Sevetar. Do you really expect him to retcon his own stuff?

YEAH AND A CHIMERA + AN INFANTRY SQUAD WILL COST ME 69€ INSTEAD
IS IT SO HARD TO GET IT TROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL THAT I AM DISSAPOINTED BECAUSE
A) THIS DEAL WILL NOT BENEFIT ME IN THE SLIGHTEST
B) IF I WANTED TO GET A CHIMERA + INFANTRY SQUAD ON THE CHEAP I COULD HAVE DONE SO 3 FUCKING MONTH AGO WITH THE GENESTEALER ARMORED CLAW THIS "NEW" IG RELEASE IS NOTHING NEW AT ALL

Anyone here paint squad and campaign markings on their marines?

Not before he finishes the second book in the Black Legion series.

>‘Your power comes from the warp, young brother, from the wellspring of immaterial energy that men call Chaos. And over time, you will learn to harness that energy and use it for the good of the Chapter and the Imperium. You will learn to channel your power through different disciplines, to divine the future, manipulate matter with your mind, wield the power of flame as your weapon – and more.’

-Chief Librarian Tigurius of the Ultramarines.

The Ultramarines confirmed to use Chaos. Does that mean they are heretics?

i try to paint squad and company markings its rather hard since the skulls are really small.

that's almost like the old battleforce

>A) THIS DEAL WILL NOT BENEFIT ME IN THE SLIGHTEST

So what? Most releases don't benefit you, do you sperg out then?

>B) IF I WANTED TO GET A CHIMERA + INFANTRY SQUAD ON THE CHEAP I COULD HAVE DONE SO 3 FUCKING MONTH AGO WITH THE GENESTEALER ARMORED CLAW THIS "NEW" IG RELEASE IS NOTHING NEW AT ALL

Okay, so now there's two cheap bundles, one for GSC and one for IG.

I don't see what you're screaming about because I don't see anything wrong. Why are you going all caps autist on me?

Any use for a Valkyria as support for SoB?

Either in the form of Inqusiition, Imperial Agent (my local group is ignoring the retarded factions problem), Scion or IG?

2/10 made me reply

You somehow think the authors try to follow some sort of consistent logic, common sense, or just plain give half a fuck?

All psykers use the warp doe, its like psychic 101

Not the Space Wolves. They get their power from the world spirit of Fenris. They carry runes and bones with them that store portions of Fenris's power.

Please kill this meme, very few of the authors don't give a fuck

because i started out fucking normal being mildly dissapointed and you just kept going
"buy a normal chimera then " like it was a solution to anything

What if... those Cadians weren't from Cadia?

Like, they're from worlds colonized by Cadian people? S they're, like, second-hand Cadians or whatever you would call it.

Mary sues ofc have to be fucking different
Fuck furfags
At least based magnus sucked out whatever wierd shit fenris had within and used it to turbo troll the yiffshits

They are more tainted by chaos, their world is a death world aka tainted by chaos.
The pups laugh at other Legions for having to use the warp for psychic power, all the while carrying around chaotic talismans.

You said the box wasn't anything you want because it has Cadians and you don't play those. So the solution is to just buy a Chimera by itself.

How is it not?

If they carry ward talismans, then why do they ward off Chaos?

Checkmate.

Malal, obviously.

What Formations are worth taking with them? and thanks for the reply

Chaos recognises their own.
Cute use of checkmate when you have no idea rofl

I suppose a better solution might be to offer metal squads of, say, Valhallans and Tallarn as well as the plastic Cadians, although they'd probably be more expensive and wouldn't get a nice, fancy new box.

But it would be great to have variety in Guardsmen, since they're supposedly even more diverse than even the most eclectic Space Marine Chapters.

They did have the made to order Imperial Guard offer a while back. They were really nicely priced too. Hope you got some.

But yeah, they should offer it more permanently.

They would as they crank out nearly 20x the rate of regiments as most worlds. It's offset by DK specifically requesting to be deployed into the worst war zones so attrition takes care of the it.

so how will you deal with av 13-14?

There's also the fact that Cadians inhabit far more than just Cadia. They're the general forefront of Imperial colonization efforts, tons of worlds are inhabited, defended, and create new Cadian regiments. It's not just the one world.

Or in plastic. Valhallan greatcoat troops would be excellent, especially considering how they did Skitarii troops (although those coats need liquid greenstuff to patch their gaps, fuck).

Similarly, the other formerly produced Imperial Guard regiments have a lot to offer; Mordian's much more regimented and uniformed look, the Tallarn's desert fighter looks, and Vostroyan's regal appearance.

But if anything, they should at least rework the Astra Militarum basic troop lines for the ever-present issue with model scale. But I suppose we always have Victoria and other 3rd parties to make the kinds of guardsmen we want to field.

>I would rather use the SG model and paint it Nurgle-ly
then do so

You can use them as a 1KSons army. The Crimsons Sons, one of the warbands, uses the old red/gold colour scheme.
Or maybe for a Blood Ravens army if you spend a bit of time explaining you subscribe to the theory they are a 1K Sons successor chapter and have the old suits still lieing around.

Im not sure if the 1d4chan tactics are actually true but that might be a good place to start

my dream is generic guardsman box (greatcoat, feudal word, etc) and then upgrade kits for named regiments
not gonna happen cause it'dd make collecting guard even more expensive but a man can dream

as everything on 1d4chan it should be tkane with a pinch of salt but some lists/tactics are fairly decent

How do I make a good, all round 1k Sons list for about 2000 points? Everything seems so damn overcosted

Well, Magnus is getting his own Tzeentchian line, and we have a few other flavors of Space Marine with their own Codexes. It's possible that, if they can drive down the cost of guardsmen and actually give them an interesting and balanced Codex, they could generate enough interest for a couple variations.

Elysians and DKK are covered by Forge World, so we don't need to focus on them. But Valhallans would be a great variation on basic Guardsmen, as would Mordians. Harakoni Warhawks get a few mentions, but are otherwise very similar to Elysians. Would also be great to run Valhallan Ice Warriors next to Space Wolves.
>Winter is coming, nerds!

do alpha legion have any specific style like the 1k sons or nightlords or is it just any type of csm model will work for them?

>tfw heard nothing about the traitor legions after its release

Had like a single day of discussion and now its fallen dead.

Just get a Plague Hulk and use it as a Plague Hulk you silly faggot.
PS Nurgle hates you for your lack of commitment, you don't deserve to collect his pus filled children.

Umm what? People talked non-stop for over a week, plus it is a good book, not too cheesy and not under powered, so people don't go as crazy for as long.

They might well dress like Loyalists, although most any CSM basic armor will work. Alphas are nothing special in equipment and focus, but they do love to spend the lives of those they can sucker into fighting for them (mostly cultists) and otherwise are very generalist in focus, fielding what's useful for any situation and possibly even imitating the specialties of other legions if it suits them.

Okay i was sitting here thinking that the normal CSM models dont seem to have the same aesthetic as what i thought the alpha legion was.

I just got space hulk, planning on doing the termis in flesh tearers livery. Any other suggestions?

And what is the best genestealer paint scheme??

Help me out comrades.

If they aren't going incognito and are actually dressing like CSM they wear blue armor with green highlights and green drakescale motifs painted/sculpted onto them.

Their aesthetic is basically a color scheme. A good one at that.

But if you want to go maximum trolling, make them out of Battle of Calth MkIV armors. Alpha Legion does stay out of the Warp as much as possible, preferring not to commit to any Dark Power specifically or totally, and they've been known to steal other Marine Chapter's recruits and equipment. They very likely have a good deal of uncorrupted war materiel, as it makes it easy to masquerade as loyalists when you don't have spikes decorating every inch of every piece of equipment in your armory.

I used one to transport a IQ henchmen squad just because I had the model.

I'll be honest and say it never did anything whatsoever.

I imagine an Alpha Legion force would wear absolutely any colours other than their own. Plus they seem to be able to run rings around the Imperium so I'd imagine they'd have up-to-date armour marks from hijacking shipments from forgeworlds.

Paint them like ultrasmurfs just with a tiny hydra hidden behind their power packs or something. Or have each squad in a different loyalist colour scheme.

I thought maximum trolling was using dark angel tactical marines?