CYOA Thread

Previous thread: Pastebin is in another castle.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54
mega.nz/#!FYFklBaJ!I-BWGIGs7kO_MYNqBc31uDdBJ1qNRplEktBtj41q1kE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Open_Society_and_Its_Enemies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If anyone has the how-to/tutorial images for designing cyoas, would you please post them for me?

Oh cool. I always wondered about that since it mentioned it was exponential in the first edition but never said anything about it in the subsequent editions.

its in the pastebin my man
look in SDA's folder
join the discord if you want to ask questions

Typically "please" will help me help you, but I don't have those. They're mostly in the pastebin, however: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

There aren't that many of them regardless, just a few from SDA about doing specific things in Photoshop, one about working with GIMP, and one more that I can't recall. You'd be better off asking for more specific help, or reading up on how to do things in your image editor of choice.

Thanks!

The pastebin that wasn't posted.

Control Systems
>Joystick
>Mantis AI

Chassis
>Humanoid
>>Overdrive Module
>>Glow Worm Laser
>>Lunette Nanobots v2.3
>Bipedial
>Beetle Wheels
>Chrysalis Armor

Other Options
>Convenience
>Team Leader

Drawbacks
>Maid Duty

Got me a power-skating robot with a laser cutter. Speedy quick, durable, and any damage it happens to sustain will be repaired fairly quickly.

Those 3,000 people would take a miniscule amount of space on that miles long ship.
youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54

>>Anyone got the cyoa making tutorial images?

They should be in the pastebin. This should be the newest pastebin pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Posting these again for any who missed them or weren't around when I finished the second page really late in the last thread.

page 2/2

>Realm
Forest, Coast
>Realm Features
Healing Rain, Living Storms, Natural Bounty
It rains pretty much all the time, but people don't mind since it makes the plants and animals stay healthy and keeps people out. The local superstition in the Empire is that we have protective Storm spirits amongst the clouds.
>Races
Elves, Dryads, Giants, Elementals
>Cities
Shipwright, Arcane Tower
>Technology
Condensed Rituals, Stable Arcanite
>Personal
Master of Arms, Elemental Magic, Charismatics, True Adept, Divination, Gaian
>Perils
Raiders, Fallen Queen

Having forged pacts with various spirits and elementals, the newly-crowned empress seeks to crush the impending threat of it's previous tyrannical monarch. With the storms and the elements behind her, and the very earth rising up to defend her and her empire, surely these threats will be vanquished.

First and probably final revision. Changed the suit augmentations for both engineer and miner. Most everything else is the same other than correcting spelling and grammar errors. If you catch anything I missed or have complaints please feel free to let me know.

It would help if the choices had more obvious titles in order to more easily identify them in a response post. There IS enough unique description on the first page to list my choices unambiguously, I just prefer an official title instead of shorthand that varies from poster to poster.

Blind picks were Cylindrical Box, Coffin, and Boobs. The boobs were exactly what I expected. I knew the japanese box was kitsune related but I didn't know how. It turned out probably better than expected.

I picked the coffin hoping for a shot at immortality. Didn't really work out there. incorporeality at will is nifty but not really something I'd choose.

I would choose the goth tattoo box instead of the coffin, keeping the other two. I would NEVER have expected that box to be a comfy option. The house itself is probably more interesting to me than the portal, but depending on the worlds offered the portal could be nice as well.

Tell me, do you get trapped in the new world if you are there too long (portal changes), or does it not change while you are in there (or maybe time doesn't match up or something)?

Weebcylinder, Pirate Chest, and The Wooden Chest.

>Here's a magical waifu!
>Also you can be a waifu and change yourself as you like!
>Now go on pirate adventures together!
That's...actually pretty neat.

>If you catch anything I missed or have complaints please feel free to let me know.
It's too wide.

I disagree.

We're not talking about your mother, are we?

>CONVENIENCE MODE: Lacquered Arrow Box, Alien Ridged Box, Postmodern Art Box

Having a flying pyramid fortress only I control is great for always having a home, the arrows allow me to become my best possible self with ease, and the postmodern art powers make me hard to kill.

>I HAVE MANY FRIENDS MODE: Pearly Mermaid Box, Cylindrical Japanese Box, Tribal Mahogany Box

Grateful kitsune buddy? Check. Possible mermaid assistance in times of need? Check. Mummified fairy servant? Check.

>RETURN THE SLAB MODE: Alien Ridged Box, Tribal Mahogany Box, Gear-strewn Clockwork Box

Those who do not RETURN THE SLAB under the power of my siren voice will do so when they see my GLORIOUS FLOATING PYRAMID. And those who refuse to RETURN THE SLAB then will suffer the mummified fairy's curses.

>>RETURN THE SLAB MODE:
Fuck user it's too late at night for me to be laughing this hard at Nepali Flipbook Boards. I'll wake up the family.

I did think about adding titles to each box for ease of replies but figured they were unique enough that people would understand or they could post box 1 box 8 etc...

I made the images after I wrote the intro text then came up with the powers as I was scanning various images I had or thought I could combine into one image. Many of those images are 2-3 images shopped together, so the house just kind of hit me as that's strange and cool and I could use that for travel.

The idea is that with the door even if the portal closed on you, you could teleport back to the house at least once from the world you were in, so you were never really trapped there.

The ghost option gives you the intangability, ghost kenesis and the ability to speak with the dead if you have a body part or something they owned. I don't think I added a real immortality option.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked it....outside of the immortality thing. I did want to try and not be totally obvious.

I really like this CYOA. Do you have any others you're working on or thinking about?

Highlander, would KSBD Angel require the spiritual transfusion or what? Also, what would I put down for age?

As there are no further submissions, I am gonna release this now.

Changes include:
>2 new roommates
>1 was completely changed at the request of the author
>Whole lot of spelling errors remediated, minor rewording done here and there

And, that's about it. I think I'm done with this for now and we can leave it at this.

If, by new years, there are more submissions, I will update this again. However, as we are officially done with Christmas and a new week is upon us, I will begin working on my own projects, henceforth.

Well done, SDA. You took what was a random concept two days before Christmas and managed to make a halfway decent CYOA out of it, as well as bring a bunch of the authors together to work on it.

Cheers, mate.

SDA is a girl now? When did this happen?

When did I imply SDA was a girl?

All CYOA authors are lesbians.

Sandra != SDA?

Gay.

Also, as I usually do, here is the source files in a .7z archive:
mega.nz/#!FYFklBaJ!I-BWGIGs7kO_MYNqBc31uDdBJ1qNRplEktBtj41q1kE

Three .psd files that come to about 370mb uncompressed.

And thanks to that one user who picked my entry. I'm happy someone likes her.

SanDrA

Plus, you know, they act exactly like SDA. He just has a girl name because of some reason I don't care about.

Still can't decide since there' so many good choices.

Is this a new meme? When the pastebin isn't posted you'll ask for something in it then complain about it not being posted?
Brilliant Mr. Autist. Brilliant.

I think that makes many of us happy. This might sound vain considering I'm a part of the contributing list, but I have to agree. Some of these people are genuinely hard to choose between.

I don't think there's an option I really dislike.

I get it.

>She just has a girl name because of some reason I don't care about.
I think it's called gender identity.

I'm like the other guy, but on principle I want to choose Protoman/Blues, since I've been listening to their first album a lot lately. Still, other options are more than good enough for me to put that reason aside and still fall into indecision.

Pick Samantha

We have plenty of female CYOA authors, we don't need a tranny CYOA author too

It's just him SDA posting you guys, calm down.

>because of some reason I don't care about.
He told us that his girlfriend started getting him to crossdress and that he's been really enjoying it. Thinking about transitioning after a year or so.

>Realm
Forest, Wetland, and Floating Islands
>Features
Ancient Ruins because they sound fun to explore, Natural Bounty, to keep life easy for my citizens, and Ley Lines for magic.
>Races
Humans (because I am one, Elves for magic, and Dryads because I already picked Forest, so why not?
>Cities
Sanitation seems like a must. I'll also take paved roads so that exploring off the beaten path feels more special and University because I want my people to be smart.
>Technology
Mechanical Wings so my people can have fun exploring those Floating Islands, Airships so I can put the Mechanical Wings on them, and Printing Press, because it would make running the university so much easier.
>Personal
Elemental Magic, True Adept, and Necromancer. I am the coolest mage ever!

Forgot, need to add the Dragon to pay for my airships. My magic powers and fleet of ships might be able to stop him.

>spoiler
I liked her. She was adorable.

I'd gladly take a tranny author over a bigoted leech.

What about a bigoted tranny leech author?

Reminder that calling me a bigot makes you, by default, a bigot yourself. Try to understand why I hate transsexuals, because I have a wide variety of reasons for that.

Gonna be honest, not big on leeches or bigots. Authors are cool though.

If you can't take me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.

Yeah, sure, a cop shooting a murderer is just as bad as the murderer. Really makes you think. Take your 101 responses somewhere else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Open_Society_and_Its_Enemies

Guess that it is only a matter of time until his/her/it's gf suggested that her new best friend Chad Thundercock should get involved and it devolves into some kind of tranny-female-male threesome orgy.

>REALM: Tundra, Mountains [capital location], Coast
In the icy North, all things must face a reckoning.

>REALM FEATURES: Living Storms, Ley Lines, Mother Trees
How can you invade, when the howling winds about the World Trees weave ice into your very blood?

>RACES: Giants, Dwarves
The peoples of this frigid land will most assuredly endure.

>CITIES: Arcane Tower, City Walls, Temple
The great fortresses shall stand eternal.

>TECHNOLOGY: Improved Metallurgy, Anti-Magic Factor
The blades our forges produce can pierce any armor, smash any shield.

>PERSONAL: Master of Arms, True Adept, Elemental Magic
I will crush any who threaten my kingdom.

>PERILS: Raiders, Dragon
You may be of the First Race, monster, but I am of the Second. Your scales will crack under the weight of our hammers! Your wings will shred with every strike of our spears! Your flame will avail you NOTHING in the cold of the North! I WILL TAKE YOUR HEAD MYSELF, DRAGON, AND MOUNT IT ON THE MANTLE MADE FROM THE SEA-RAIDERS' BROKEN SHIPS! TREMBLE, O OVERGROWN SERPENT, FOR THE VENGEANCE OF THE GIANTS IS NIGH!

>BONUS CHOICES: Charismatics [Personal], Chemistry [Technology]

What is this, a Greek marriage?

I hate transsexuals, too.

I also hate fucking faggots, user. You're acting like a fucking faggot right now.

>Linking to kikepedia is an argument
How bout you explain your point, bruv
Claiming you tolerate others opinions while doing the opposite makes you a hypocrite, and also probably a cishet white libcuck "lgbt (((ally)))"
Fuck of back to /r9k/ you /lgbt/ reject

B R E A D

Post the mystery box

Who is a "bigoted leech"?
A guy who doesn't like mentally ill people who can never be happy in their body?

Cornbread needs a hug.

Can we not have the thread devolve into unrelated arguments? Please? It's Christmas.

All Southern aphorisms are made up on the spot. That's the secret. To make the first dumb comparison that pops into your head.

By your infallible logic it is okay to be a little evil if it is for the greater good, like how murder is bad in Quran but it is perfectly fine to kill a gay because they are doing something wrong.

tfwn anpan waifu

Are you Hawaiian?

I don't have it, and I couldn't find it in the CYOA archive.

I'm cringing really hard at this post.

I bet he's a furfag.

I saw your Livejournal post about wanting to join the Russian Gadget Hackwrench cult. Don't pretend you aren't.

Ok fine it's ~20 minutes past Christmas. I'm just tired of seeing the same argument every other thread.

>cringe

Technically Boxing Day is supposed to be holy too.

I'm not sure why I made this to be honest

user, you are mistaking .even for yourself again.

I understand that everyone is me at some portion of their life, but I guarantee that act was all you. My cosmic code does not fail.

>He's even devolving into a Russian accent.
Haha, you have been found out.

user, I tried to save you, but you refused my embrace.

You can still come back to the light, but you just have to stop acting like a fucking faggot. I can't do anything, otherwise.

All is quiet, now.

Sleep, my children.

Yehon was a very odd change. I can see why people wouldn't like Uriah but that's one hell of a style shift.

I like Dietlinde. I don't think "petty" is the right word to describe how she "likes when you notice her hard work". "Petty" would be more like her doing mean things to you because you didn't specifically compliment her work.

>Sleep, my children.
you can't tell me what to do

This point has been refuted a thousand of times before by men far greater than you or I. Open a book and, for once, read. Ideally, the one I named.

No it's only "refuted" by liberals trying to force their views on others. They take "tolerance" as an inherent good and therefor brand "intolerance" as an inherent evil. Rather than allow these different ideas to stand or fail on their own merits they "fight" intolerance. This is what makes them social justice warriors.

Also as for your murderer analogy, YES, the police officer is indeed a murderer. After all, he is denying the persons right to a fair trial. He can't go around simply killing people he perceives as wrong, that would just make him a vigilante murderer. He CAN however kill in self defense or in the immediate protection of others, but that's a very different thing and it doesn't even matter if the person he's killing is a murderer or not.

Unsuprisingly Jumpchain is shit.

The B5 jump has two paragraphs which seem to be options but no names for these, or point costs. (Also, A Shadow Battleship grafting onto a person is a bit Mary Sueish.)

I could do something better.. but they would whine.

Never mention Jumpchain again.

user... let it go.

Read, user, read.

I don't mean this in the typical insulting way but I think you might be autistic.

Read what, the SJW propaganda book or the posts? Because it's entirely possible I missed a key point in the conversation, having only now jumped in.

You've been going on about this for five threads.

Why?

>Karl Popper
>SJW propaganda
Please don't argue about things you don't know the first thing about. Ignorance is not a sin by itself, but spreading it is.

If it has anything to do with the "paradox of intolerance" in any way other than shitting on it, then yes, it absolutely is. That "paradox" is the core of their entire doublethink, or at least a very good portion of it.

Probably /jc/s shitposter forced to reveal his presence here in a desperate bid to keep what he likes (this thread) away from what he hates (jumpchain)

>If
If you have to ask if you don't know shit about any of this.

You could weaponize that autism user.

He's certainly trying, it looks like.