/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Third Legion Edition

I hope that everyone had an enjoyable Christmas!

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11458318
www119.zippyshare.com/v/RwdS8TfT/file.html
www119.zippyshare.com/v/aAbLJQZn/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for XIX Predation fleets(exploitable)

second for best wolves
>space wolves

What was the name of the thing they did where Legions will send members of their legion to other legions, basically like an internship?

Are there more details of such things?

When they go, did they change armor? Did they bring anything with them? Was this a common thing? Did certain legions get more of them than the other? WE seemed to get a decent number of visitors according to BL fluff.

>strawpoll.me/11458318
I voted for Angron :)

Hey anons, Christmas Word Bearer from last bread, is Pyromancy and/or Divination any good?

I like the idea of a triumvirate granted divine and cleansing flame from the gods. Or the power to divine their enemies.

I would've voted for Angron if Khan wasn't so based.

I do like Angron in BL because he's stupid, but logically stupid given his conditions.

Dorn just pisses me off the most though. He's always flip floppy, always in doubt, and basically exist only to be the guy that's different from the other more interesting characters

Pyromancy's only good for cleaning up infantry swarm.

Divination are all buffs so they are always useful.

Dang, I really hoped Pyromancy was better. Can it work on MSU and termis?

What did I just fucking say Logar?

In my defence, I am tired.

Plz forgive, i sine book 4 u, u liek, u preech wurd of k oss. Good wurd. Much power 4 u. Deal?

get any work done on the holiday?

I want to say lodges...

eh....

Kinda?

I managed to slop some paste on my bases but I was supposed to have done that yesterday.

Considering we havent had a single peek at the Magnus model, its probably safe to say he wont be out in time for inferno like they promised.

I'll get started soon! Just need to figure out my list and I'll work on it.

Also, what's the chance of rolling a 6 on Pyromancy on three different ML1 Psykers? It's the only AT power on Pyromancy, and it's a melts beam which is a bonus.

all 3 at once?

1:216

Armored ceramite says hi.

You take actual lascannons and chain fists if you want to melt tanks.

That's because Inferno's not coming out when you think it is.

Theyve got under 2 months. We saw Russ 5-6 months head of time

Nah, I meant for just at least one of them to get it.

Y'know, I feel like no one takes Armoured Ceramite because no one expects melta, but y'know? Plus, it's still useful for hurting everything in front of him in 12".

Magnus is going to be a mess anyway.

There's no way that he's gonna be balanced. He will either just completely dominate or be weaker even more than normie Logar.

I bet he will be more expensive than Horus too.

Well he was the most powerful primarch by far

>Magnus is going to be a mess anyway.
Ready for your mandatory Sister of Silence purchase /hhg/?

Like 33-50% of Primarchs ahve this problem why are you even concerned. Looka t Guilliman.

>t3 3+

I go tmy pop goes the monkey shapeway breacher shields in. They look great, especially for $24. Just havent had a chance to build.

how should I outfit a heavy support jetbike squad? 3 multimeltas or 3 plasma cannons?

What do you mean ? Army wide preffered enemy just for having Alpharius in your army is totally fine

Hey, New to /hhg/, normally just browse Veeky Forums for 40K stuff. Picked up a betrayal at calth box. build it as 3x10 man squads Sgt With combi melta and 1 melta gun. Planning on getting a Prospero box to start 30K Iron Warriors. Any tips/ suggestions?

I R O N F I R E

.... If you don't want friends

If you were looking at building an army for Horus Heresy games, you really should be looking at building your list before you start putting together models. As it stands, you've got yourself the bones of a Pride of the Legion list: a multiple small units list that's hard to make work properly. You should be building some tactical blobs without special weapons, and thinking about what variety of armour or support units you want.

I was thinking, after looking at games and lists at making one 20 man unit and either a 10 man breacher unit or a 10 man Iron Havoc unt with heavy bolters/ Auto Cannons

Iron havocs with autocannons are a better choice than 10 breachers. Even more so with missile launchers, but I have to say MK III marines with autocannons look sexy AF

It's not like it works against every army.

Secondment I believe.

That was it. It appears that only Thousand sons did this in earnest given the google results.

Iron Havocs hands down. PIck the special units your Primarch gave you.

Shouldn't a tactical squad in rapid fire range who FoTL shoot 4 times each instead of 3?

Since you're shooting your rapid fire gun twice in one phase.

Yes, you fire as if its a new shooting phase twice, so anything in rapid fire range fires four times and anything too far back fires twice

What's the minimum, non-cheese setup for an Ironfire list, artillery wise? I'm kinda divided between Rapiers and Medusa.

>Ironfire
>Non-cheese

Pick one, my bitter brother.

But I really the mental image of Marines sprinting between artillery barrages to fuck up other marines. Oh well.

I mean, the mental imagery is great and the idea is amazing, but you'r pretty much That Guy the moment you say you're riding the Ironfire.

I missed an E.

Shame, I hoped a middle ground was possible. Well, at least I'll save up by not buying FW's stuff and go with a footslogger army at first and get a few games under my belt with that.

One-two Whirlwind Scorpius, or 1 Medusa per 1k points.

Its not really an instant nope, depending on the meta. Taking artillery, twelve mortars and allied mechanicum artillery is a problem no matter where. However, taking a bit of barrage isnt an instant nope. If you face flyers/deepstrike/enemy artillery/robutts/massed heavy tanks, you'll be fine barring minmax ironfire. If you play enemies who use double calth/prospero, i.e. footslogging or in rhinos, then any artillery is gonna buttfuck them, but so do most non-calth lists such as mechanicum, tonks, arty and good pod-lists

I'm putting a Malcador Tank Squadron into my 3k list, 2 Malcadors with battld cannons, demolisher cannons and lascannon sponsons. Should I go for flare shields and armoured ceremite as well? There's not a huge amount of melta in my meta and the front arc of armour on a Malcador isn't that large. Would I be better off putting the points elsewhere?

Oh no I didn't plan on using Mechanicus allies anyway. Just a few artillery pieces. Something like Tyrant siege terminators and/or Havoc + a medusa or two in a 2k pont list.

My dudes were a garrison force near a Forge World and were attacked by the heretical Mechanicus forces so I don't see them allying with Mechs.

You're fine then. Just dont use massed quad mortars against new players using nothing but footsloggers

Trying to do a mostly infantry Death Guard, but finding it difficult to include anything properly killy, and trying not to be one of those people that just uses Calth

How can I achieve a nice fluffy infantry centric DG force, whilst also being mildly competitive, and actually including FW models?

Lists I've posted before have been btfo'd because they didn't include enough infantry models and too many tanks, and now I'm having difficulty including the FW models that I want to buy

Might as well ask, are you using the reaping RoW?

Here's hoping I get to field a full army of Custodes without any gay Spess Woofs. As an attachement to other forces, fine, but not just the Wolves. Because fuck the Space Wolves.

Not specifically. I'm aware it gives a mild buff, but at the cost of a Siege Breaker

Not sure what your exact fluff to your dudes are, but since The Reaping RpW lets you take heavy support squads as non-compulsory troop choice, a Seige breaker with one of them works nicely

Sorry, I'm being a fucktard. Creeping Death requires a Siege Breaker, not Reaping. Reaping prevents you from running and allows Rad

>tfw when I thought that The Reaping required a Seige Breaker

A...A....Am I a Fucktard as well?

But anyways, Heavy Support Squads plus vets as non-compulsory troop choices gives you firepower while still keeping open the death guard unique units. Grave Wardens in a landraider sound pretty scary

So what Heavy Weapons might be a good shout? I might grab a couple of cheapo Mk III plastic kits and then buy some FW weapon packs with my free shipping voucher

Why exactly does power armor have a hard time interfacing with bionics?

You're gonna want versatility. Missile Launchers, Volkite would be your best bet. High strength utility firepower that's "fairly" cheap. You'll still need some high-tech strength/Low AP firepower to deal with the tough shit. Make good use of those heavy support slots then. A Medusa or two, Grave Warden + Land Raider, I'll leave that up to you. If I get more time when I'm not working I could even try to help you with a list

>High-tech
Fucking auto correct....

It doesn't, X boys are just show-off faggots.

Okay, general rule issue, Looking at the Iron Havoc's, and it says they have tank hunters. Is that the old 5th ed rule where it is +1S against armored targets, or the 6th/7th ed rule where you roll 2D6 pick the highest for pen results?

Garro full story released today, could a brother upload a late xmas present?

Well, they are showing of the superiority of immaculate mechanisms!

Nothing bad at all.

>t.Magos.

He who has not Heresy in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Garro on the formation of the Knights Errant.

www119.zippyshare.com/v/RwdS8TfT/file.html
www119.zippyshare.com/v/aAbLJQZn/file.html

Last thread has links to this.

Lack of Black Carapace where the bionics are, so instead of having to hardwire the bionic into the armor, you just make them sturdy as fuck.

Dude ... did you even touch the current rulebook ?

Tankhunter is re-roll failed and glancing penetration rolls of your choice.

HAHAHAHAHA

You're a kind user

Anyone have the PDFs of either of the Lorgar books?

where can i find the painting guides for burning of prospero

Can a decent Sons of Horus army be made out of BoP and BaC?

Volkite charger support squads worth it or should I just jump to calivers?

With some dreadclaws and some more cataphractii termies to make justaerins, maybe.

However, 80% of 30k is the hobby part of it and I wouldn't discourage you from buying those boxes even if you couldn't make a decent list out of them yet.

You'll need some mk4 helmets and topknots for those termies if you want some Justies.

Yes? Maloghurst and Vets in drop pods via orbital assault is always good, could just use dreadclaws and another RoW/HQ, it honestly depends on what you want because I think that in theory you could even do 2x20 Tactical squads outflanking with Vigilators and 2x10 Tactical/Tactical support squads deep striking via Dreadclaws.

What do you want? Thats the question you should be asking yourself.

Ideally, I really just like footsloggers. I was thinking of running with the Long March doctrine, because the Relentless > Fleet > Crusader progression seems ideal for that

Get void-shield generators, turn 30 dudes into Heavy Support squads with Lascannons, the other 30 turn them into 2x15 tactical squads and get two Vigilators to outflank them. Deep Strike the Terminators and you're set.

BAM! All footslogging, some defense versus artillery and outflanking makes sure you're using SoH legion rules.

if you have a way to get up close and personal go with chargers

Is it cool if when deploying alpharius I write down "alpharius didn't use One of Many and just deployed in the Spartan normally".
If anyone asks where he is or why everyone has preferred enemy I'll reveal the note immediately.

I was thinking of doing it as a one off joke with the guys rather than any actual strategy.

nowhere

If he deploys normally then its common courtesy to tell your opponent where he everything is, use One of Many if you want to mess with your opponent otherwise dont be a dick.

Don't tell me you're serious about deploying Alpharius with a deathstar in a Spartan.

Bear with me since I'm still new to 30k: I'm looking to get the EC Support Cadre whenever it gets back in stock (Contemptor Dread w/H.Bolters and Conv.Beamer, Palatine Blades, Phoenix Guard). However, since I'm fluffing my force as Loyalist EC, actual Phoenix Guard are out of the question. Would a Stormbolter/Power Weapon loadout be alright for them, or should I give them lightning claws or chainfists? It'd be nice to go full ham and give them volkite chargers too, but I'm on a limited budget

What if I literally put his model on top of the Spartan?

Even gave them conversion beamers

Did WE have any brilliant or charming commanders who just fucking loved war? Can any character be found beyond kill maim burn?

I always loved that image of the Word Bearers, has anyone successfully painted an army like this? With inscriptions just about all over the armor!

Its mentioned in the HH series that Kharn was a brilliant tacticians, even revered outside his own legion. Take that for what its worth I guess.

You want to take advantage of their legion shit. Id give the sergeant a spear, 2 guys lightning claw/combi bolter, and the last 2 chainfists.

Macer Varren and the World Eaters were the original marines who escaped with the Eisenstein and warned the emperor back in 1989.

Absolute martial prowess above anything else, your dudes are not exactly calculating but have a plan thats set and executed to the letter and it all revolves around getting into assaults. A hidden genius to the savagery is something that fits World Eaters, its not always KILL MAIM BURN but it all revolves around killing maiming and burning.

Why did they change it to Garro?

I completely forgot the spears were an EC specialty weapon. I'll keep that loadout in mind!

no clue, just a retcon for the sake of it

I'd have rather they stuck with varren, though. World eaters who aren't sacks of shit like their primarch are rare.