Tau Cadre creation thread

I got some Tau stuff this x-mas, so I thought that you guys might enjoy creating a cadre together that I can use for my dudes

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tau_Cadre_Creation_Tables

>What Phase was your Sept founded in?(d10)

Other urls found in this thread:

commanderfarsight.deviantart.com/art/Tau-English-Dictionary-164979522
youtube.com/watch?v=mhXCQFxGqMM
youtube.com/watch?v=X3WJDKiushk
1d4chan.org/wiki/Ork_Klan_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 4 (1d10)

2nd Sphere of Expansion

So we started out as brave pioneers by expaning the Tau Empire

>What is the predominant terrain of your homeworld? (d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Nice quads.

Thanks. Anyway, we got:
Urban (Any idea on what Urabn means in regards to terrain?)

>Which tactical philosophy does your commander prefer?(d10)

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Urban terrain probably means their home planet is mostly covered in city. Maybe a small planet/planetoid that's used as a manufacturing hub?

Mont’ka, the Killing Blow – Study the enemy before attacking its weak point

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

>Which tactic does your cadre prefer?(d100)

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Mobile units for rapid strikes and creating confusion

Fitting with the Mont'Ka.

>What is the primary function of your cadre?(d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

rolling

Peacekeeping/Policing

Ok, that was an interesting roll. Maybe the our sept world was inhabited when we made planetfall and the Tau that arrived became a new world order/police?

>What is the Ethereal Caste presence/adherence to Greater Good?(d10)

Rolled 5 (1d10)

A Tau cadre that has taken over a forgeworld the Imperium forgot about/ doesnt know exists?

Normal presence/adherence to Greater Good

Ok so nothing special there, moving on!

>What is the size of the auxiliaries in the Cadre?(d10)

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Majority of the Cadre is non-Tau auxiliary

Oh that's different. Maybe the Tau have suffered major losses in battles and are drafting natives to fill their ranks untill reinforcements arrives from the core septs?

>What is the composition of the auxiliaries?(d20)

The composition table might also tell what the natives on this planet are?

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Majority of auxiliary are Demiurg

"Demiurg brootherhood responing.."

>What is the Cadre's preferred enemy?(d100)

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Hell yeah!

Orks

Our current enemy is the foul and barbaric Be'Gel. They have no place in the Greater Good.

>Who is the leader of your Cadre?(d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Shas'el - Fire Caste Noble

Ok, time for the final table
>How would characterize your leader?(d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Res - Barbaric

Maybe fighting the Orks and triying to out smart them has had some impressionsd on our Shas'El?

This entire cadre is pants on head insane.

Here is the recap:

>Our sept was founded in the 2nd Sphere of Expansion

>The terrain of our sept homeworld is Urban

>Our commander make use of Mont’ka, the Killing Blow

>Our cadre prefer mobile units for rapid strikes and creating confusion

>The primary function of the cadre is Peacekeeping/Policing

>the Ethereal Caste presence/adherence to Greater Good is Normal

>The auxiliaries in the Cadre are a majority compared to Tau forces

>These auxiliaries are Demiurg

>Our current enemies are the Orks

>Our leader is a Shas'el (Fire Caste Noble)

>And he is considered Barbaric in his personality

Good job guys, I guess. Now let's fluff them out and give them a name, etc

>>And he is considered Barbaric in his personality
I bet he uses swords.
Savage.

The Shas'El fights in hand to hand combat with sharpened pieces of metal?! How uncivilized..

>>These auxiliaries are Demiurg
>>Our current enemies are the Orks
Lockrd combat in asteroid mining facility?

What if it's a small planetoid inside a large asteroid belt?

I like that idea, and I've looked at some Tau words and found a good name for this sept:
>Nars'Kyse (Meaning Rock Belt)

Does it fit?

That's a big hat.

for you

What should the name of the Shas'El be?

How about this? The planetoid and the surrounding asteroid belt were originally inhabited by Demiurg. They got attacked by Orks.

The Demiurg couldn't handle them so they asked help from the Tau.

Sounds good.
Now I am imagining gun lines in narrow corridors waiting for Orks to run down the halls towards them.

I assume that fire warriors are equipped with pulse carbines rather than pulse rifles?

We also have mobile units, too right.

How about we give our troops small and fast vehicles to move from asteroid to asteroid?

Drones, a lot of them.

I was imagining those torpedo looking things the divers use. But like for space.

We could combine it with your idea and have drones accompany the troops.

To justify it, we can add that Demiurg had this system where they attached multiple asteroids together with bridges. Some bridges need to have these vehicles to pass. In some cases, the station are too messed up (blown up, and then 'fixed' by the Orks) for standard vehicles to approach.

I like that idea. Drones can also be sent off to scout the ork infested areas of the connected rocks.

But we still need to come up with to why our leader is barbaric.

Someone suggested that fighting Orks made him/her to annoyed. That might be a factor.

But we also got police.

So how about this? Tau were able to repel the Orks from the planetoid and major stations/asteroids. Given the nature of the combat, it will take a long time to clean the area from Orks. So there is pseudo-martial law imposed on the Demiurg and the few Tau settlers.

Plus given that transport to and from the planetoid is hard, things have to be rationed.

In this situation, sometimes it might be necessary to use force. Force which some might consider excessive.

Rolled 1 (1d2)

So what should we name the leader.
I was thinking something in the line of: "Wrathful Tactician" or maybe even go for something funny like for example: "Fire Hazard"

I am rolling a d2 to determine the gender. 1 = Male, 2 = Female

commanderfarsight.deviantart.com/art/Tau-English-Dictionary-164979522

Here is a dictionary of Tau words and phrases we can use that to name our stuff.

So male it is.

How about we give "Fire Hazard" as a nickname given by his men. For example, in a battle, he ignited the hydroponics portion of a station (which Orks repurposed to grow Orks).

Well it turns out he over-trusted Orkish engineering, and it created a bigger fire than thought. He station is intact. The station had facilities that produced promethium and oxygen which continue to feed the fire

How about that his real name is:
>Elan'Ro'Non
It means Stubborn Sword. Just an idea...

Instead of Non it should be Nan

How about we give our commander and his lieutenants a special suit.

I was thinking a suit that were capable of surviving and moving in space for sometime. They also have improved sensors that let them see through walls for sometime.

Maybe the general firepower of the suits is lower but we could give them sniper-type cannon, and a few smaller rockets.

Why not have hazard suits. They are made with close quarters and void fighting in mind

That could work. There is two reasons I didn't choose them.

1. I wanted to have the look of a giant robot with a giant sniper rifle.

2. We rolled for 2nd Sphere of Expansion. So there wouldn't have been hazard suits yet (I think).

Also, I feel like having hazard suits would make us too sophisticated, which goes against the rationing and stuff we talked about above.

Well, maybe we have one hazardsuit reserved for the commander

Okay. How about we do 1 hazard suit for the commander?

The rest of the lieutenants that have battle suits had their modified by the Demiurg and the earth caste to resemble what I described above.

How about this; ork warbosses, for some reason, especially like the asteroids in that particular field for their roks, so they periodically show up to shop around for some

So the demiurge miners that mine there need some extra protection from the ork raiders that appear there, so they called the tau

Now the tau periodically comb the asteroid belt with extensive help from drones and the demiurge in order to eliminate pockets of meks and roks that are still in the field, as well as to repel the warbosses that occasionally show up.

Demiurg are supposed to be like Dwarves, right?

So I was thinking that they'd have extensive tunnels on the planet and the asteroids some of which are moon-size. So cleaning these parts isn't easy. Plus, the resources and equipment there is very valuable so they have to be careful.

Also, it would be intresting if Demiurg had hydroponic garden, which were then stolen by the Orks. Now those facilities are being used to grow Orks faster.

We could mix this your idea where the Orks in this belt are part of a bigger faction which periodically send reinforcements.

youtube.com/watch?v=mhXCQFxGqMM
THREAD THEME

Right, so we have the ork faction which is based in the asteroid belt that they stole from the demiurg

Then planet-side are the demiurg and the tau that are attempting to push the orks off-planet and eventually take back the asteroids the orks are squatting on

the asteroids had many useful facilities like hydroponics gardens that allowed the demiurg to stay on the asteroids essentially indefinitely which the orks now use to get more orks and grots and such.

youtube.com/watch?v=X3WJDKiushk

I should of posted this as well if I was posting the tau theme.

I'm imagining a Dark Crusade-like map where the orks are based in an asteroid-field and tau and demiurg are based on spots on the planet below

Would it be taboo to have more enemies around for the tau and their auxiliaries to face? Like, could we roll for more?

More or less.

Although, keep in mind that the size difference between the planet and asteroids isn't too big. Some even almost share an atmosphere.

What do you have in mind?

Well, more threats that show up a lot, or are just around

like there's a warpgate around that the DE like to use to raid sometimes or chaos cults like to pop up in the system due to the machinations of tzeentch

Make this a system that our sept controls, but fights with several factions over

Oh wait we need to roll for the ork clan in the area

Now what kinda boyz are we dealing with here

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Rollan for Klan or freeboota

right, looks like a propa klan, now for their colors, roll 1d100

Rolled 22 (1d100)

Green iz best, we got some really orky boyz infesting our asteroid belt, do they get a legendary git or no?

Rolled 4 (1d10)

D10 I guess?

These boys had one hell of a Warboss

now what'd he do? 1d100

Rolled 30 (1d100)

>Krumped loads o' spiky 'umies

he smashed those chaos boys, a good an' propa' krumpin

Which of the gods does he like, Gork or Mork?

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Mork iz best

Now how many boyz do they have? Having a lot would make sense given that they apparently have the hydroponics gardens to refresh their losses easily

1d10

>ork warbosses, for some reason, especially like the asteroids in that particular field for their roks
> Tau/demiurgs want the belt for their resources
> Orks just like the literal rock for no discernible reasons

Rolled 10 (1d10)

10 get!

Hell yes, so many fucking boyz, like holy shit there are just to goddamn many of them how will they even get anywhere

It's very ork-like, isn't it?

they like the roks cause the roks are rockin

literally. The acoustic qualities make their rokk n rolla musik louda.

As good a reason as any for orks to fight over something

They won't, hence the problem

well hopefully they aren't too big, else our boys in blue will have some trouble getting them out

1d8 for ork size

Rolled 6 (1d8)

I hope tau are rolled as "allies"...

nah m8, if they're too big they just wont fit in the asteroid tunnels

Orks held off cause they're too tall for the void bridges between rocks

That would be hilarious

>'Are boys are da roight and proppa size boss!

Right, now who are their "allies"? 1d100

Rolled 94 (1d100)

Tau get!

Fucking fantastic

Wait, it also says Necrons for that roll too

Which is it?

>91-95 Da puny but shooty blueboyz

Tau Got.

I say we go with Necrons. And can someone fix that error in the table?

Okay so what the fuck does that mean?

These are specifically the enemies of the sept we created, so what the fuck?

YES!
To the orks, the whole thing is a game: they have to rush a big rock, install their rockets and maybe some other stuff on it and fuck off before their unwilling game partner stop them.
It's a called rok an'roll.

To them tau just make the whole thing more fun and exciting.

Civil War, obviously.

Neither faction is allies with the Orks, but the Orks don't care. They'll help/attack either. Glorious 3 way clusterfuck

What if an ore in the rocks is something the Necrons want?

The orks are freebootas aren't they?

So maybe the necrons hired the Orks go clean the Demiurg, then the Tau got involved. Then the Orks found the hydroponics and decided to stay.

The tau consider the ork their worst enemy.
The orks consider the tau sparring-partner.

Ok, so to the orks, this system is a free-for-all

Whoever gets to their rok and installs the rokkets on it gets to keep it, while others fight over partailly constructed roks and the tau with the demiurg are just trying their damnedest to get the fuckers off their asteroids and failing

Orks love this system, there's always a fight to be had, so they come in huge numbers

The only reason they haven't overrun the system is that it's not why they are there in the first place, and that they are fighting each other as much if not more than the tau

Nah Civil war isn't really the Tau way
>inb4 Farsight
Tau do not like killing other Tau so without a real serious proper cause and sanction from the Ethereals it won't happen

Unfortunately they are a propa Klan, so no that probably wouldn't work

that would also be an alliance almost as strange as blood angles and necrons

Wait how does being a propa Klan and being a Freeboota work?

Anyway, how about this? The 'crons manipulated the Orks go their and wreck someshit.