Uncertain future

In all seriousness: how sure are all of you about crypto and everything? I'm absolutely not here to shittalk down to anyone holding coins I'm just genuinely interested as to how you base your trust into it all

If some major international players deem cryptos to much of a danger in the future what will stop them from cracking down on it and turning it all into a huge shitshow? The really critical point imo will be when bitcoin/other coins will fully hit mainstream and be accepted as payment and such. That's gonna be a huge fucking thing and we all don't know how it'll pan out.
So how do you guys feel about it all?

I am use Monero pretty regularly. I am not concerned at all if it gets "banned." Nothing will stop me from mining it and using it to buy/sell things overseas.

DESU my major concern is normies and institutions pumping xmr since its usefulness to me would be undermined by the instability.

governments all over the world and big banks will all fuck it up for good, any moment now... screencap this.

crypto is the future. this is like early days internet. still tons of money to be made. plenty of faggots tried to tell me I was too late at $1000 BTC. when I told them they were wrong, they snarkily replied with one word responses like "cope". don't listen to the idiots.

I know what site and board I'm on but can we be at least a bit serious sometimes?
I'm not saying it's all a bubble and "lmao retards le government will banz dis XDD"
But look at south korea and tell me again how unfazed countries and the economy are by it. They're not. Simple as that. And since we aren't some magic gypsies who can the future of crypto in crystal balls we should maybe source and and exchange thoughts on it all to refine each others picture. That's all I'm proposing

Crypto is like 1% of the value of gold right now. When all is said and done, crypto will be at least 50% of the entire world economy.

that wasn't supposed to be a joke, or ironic or whatever. At some point a critical mass of FIAT will have fled to crypto. Money currently sitting in banks, shitty stocks or lameass bonds will follow. What do you think happens then?

I hope we can use it for normal things like mortgage payments in the future. It's cool technology. For now, though, it does seem like a moon rocket. I'm up over 50% over the last 2 weeks. I think we'll reach a point where it'll plateau eventually but that could be tomorrow or 10x the current values or 100,000x the current values. Who knows? I say just keep a reasonable amount of exposure to other asset classes as a hedge in case of disaster and enjoy the ride while it lasts. Nothing to be afraid of.

So you think that's when the big ones will get pissed off? Fair point m8. Decentralization is the main splinter for all the big boys who like to keep it all under control. So either they'll find a way how to regulate it to their benefit or just close the show for good is what I could imagine

I have extremely low confidence in the ability of European economies to survive the coming 30 years, barring massive technological disruption. From that perspective, crypto is not a gamble to get rich, but a hedge against the collapse.

Solid advice. Even though i'm 18 I'm already baffled at how some guys supposedly dump all their cash/assets/mortgage into some coins? Long term wealth doesn't come from riding on the possibility of some crypto mooning. You got any tips on what's good to have as assets?

I'm investing now for moon missions. Once I cash out and have a large stack of fiat I'm jumping back into long-term coins like XMR. I want both a large stack of fiat and crypto for whatever comes in the future.

Probably the best shot we have had so far on rivaling banks. But does it stand a chance? Banks are too large to just let crypto take over. But if the government was to ban cryptos it would bring major problems like outrage, protests and if more people get involved, economical crisis. They are aware of that, that's why you see so many government-issued warnings about cryptos.
That being said, be causious. This market could collapse every minute without any government interfierence

>This market could collapse every minute without any government interfierence
true, true... "big boys" taking it all down is rather a "best case scenario", chances are they wont have to afterall

I am certain that the tech will revolutionize the world (for good or bad), I am not sure which coins if any will make it.

Crypto is new age globalism wealth transfer. It's basically like a universal basic income for early adopters like us.

this is my last chance. there are no more chances after this

banks will most likely just adopt crypto in some way.

see: ripple

The governments of the world definitely don’t like someone (or something) messing with their monopoly on monetary policy. Best believe there are plans in motion to control the cryptocurrency space. I think our advantage lies in how badly they underestimated the technology, and how late they are to the game. They are scrambling to gain footing and it’s all unfolding right before our eyes. But when you mess with a governments money, best believe there will be serious repercussions.

Well, I haven't made it so I wouldn't say my advice is worth anything. I've played the stock market with a small stack for years before I got into crypto earlier this year (woulda been rich if I'd just bought and held BTC since then instead, but that's true of everyone). I'm a wagecuck so I have a nice chunk going into a 401k every pay period and that gets invested into index funds. Before I got into crypto, I was thinking a nice allocation would be to keep half in passive stuff like that and use half for more speculative stuff to try to make current income with. I kind of still feel that way, but now my strategy is to periodically rebalance so that my crypto stack and my speculative stock market stack are evenly sized. I'll just leave the passive stuff alone with my paycheck dumps and if it fails to keep up, then so be it for now. Once my stock market stack gets to be as big as all of my debts (student loans, lol), then I might stop rebalancing altogether and just let 'er rip. I'm not sure about that, though.

I would recommend getting into stocks, though, if you want to be able to make speculative current income indefinitely in case it happens that crypto plateaus before you manage to get rich off of it.

Coinbase will have more yearly revenue than Walmart

Sounds not bad at all brother. Wish you all the luck and stability. I plan to for now play it safer while I get my education starting in october (university is free where I live) and stay with my parents until I'm at least self sufficient. Gonna educate myself alternatively on stocks, crypto and what not. That's what I can say for now and I think it's gonna safe me a lot of trouble of throwing around money uneducatedly and having extra costs of living.

The mistake imho is looking at crypto as a currency and not as a tech

Countries are not going to stomp down on a tech, and that tech is just being traded as if it was a currency. Take a use case for X country, that of a secure taxable ID: With a well-designed fast blockchain you can devise an identity verification scheme that cannot [easily] be hacked by illegal immgrants, shady employers, mobsters, etc. And because that secure probably biometric linked ID is connected to economic activity accurate taxation can then be pursued, maybe automatically on an ongoing ledger basis.

Now, if you've read Gogol, you can see a new angle....

I wouldn't worry about banks and other businesses becoming some sort of enemy of crypto. They can adapt to whatever the popular currency is. For example, you can buy shit on Amazon right now in every major fiat. That was easy for them to set up. They just had to open a few bank accounts and hire some nerd html monkeys who can speak Mexican, German, etc. to get the versions of the website set up. They could start taking cryptos even easier with payment processing platforms that already exist.

Depending on where you live, I wouldn't worry too much about governments shutting shit down either. Governments are run by politicians and big party officials who all love money and who all get money from anybody who wants something from them. There are already plenty of rich people with big exposure to crypto. I think they can lobby to not get fucked over on cryptos just like they already lobby for policy decisions on every other big issue (ISP monopolies, corn subsidies, oil subsidies, etc). The exception here would be more authoritarian countries like Cuba where the retarded old fucks who run the show could decide to just shut shit down because they see it as a threat because they're too dumb to figure out how to make money off it.

That's a good plan. For real, though, I'd at least get like $100 worth or something into cryptos sooner rather than later as long as you can spare that much. This market is wicked retarded right now with these gains.

This adds to my point. Governments love their monies and it’s safe to say they’re all greedy bastards. I would definitely worry that the value of crypto will be eviscerated by over regulation once the tax man comes for his pound of flesh. IMO it’s just a matter of time.