/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

>Latest News
Paladin UA is out! dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on Monks
sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5emegaanon's super useful tools, check 'em out if you haven't yet.
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

Previous thread: →

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

I think it's about time WotC added a few more full classes. Ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ
5e.d20srd.org/
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/
youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM
youtube.com/watch?v=_TYP3Zp2x24
vocaroo.com/i/s04Ux6SixtGN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make sorcerer more useful first
Then make psions/mystics.

I bought PHB and a friend gifted me the MM.

Is the DMG really necessary? I have it printed from a shitty PDF I found on the internet. Serves me well enough to roll the Treasure Hoards and stuff.

Will I lose anything by skipping it? I'd much rather buy a second PHB to be honest.

third for
KOBOLD
DRAGON
-
HUNTING
PARTY

>Shitty PDF
Get a good PDF from the OP MEGA.

Some Book of Nine Swords shit would be aces

Are they going to release UA for Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard? Or did I miss them on the website?

Also, there are two Ranger UAs. Which one do people like more? Or should I just keep to the PHB.

I'm thinking of printing out the UAs and keep them inside the PHB. Just to give the players the option. Are any of them really bad?

Oh, and something engineering/crafting based.

You can get high quality PDFs of all books released in the MEGA link in the OP.

Is there an order set for UA class overhauls? I'm anxious for more rogue archetypes...

>mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

The one I have is actually better than that. Not sure about ppi or whatever but the size of the file is bigger.

>Or should I just keep to the PHB.
No. Stock ranger is one of, if not the weakest and most boring classes. UA Ranger revised is a bit frontloaded but its strong and useful.

The DMG is pretty good, especially if you want to try your hand at DMing, and it has a bunch of other rules not just for generating treasure.

Honestly, the only books you'll need are found in the Mega, but it's also good to have hardbacks on hand.

Why do you want to buy a second PHB? Seems very redundant.

I'm DMing and I've only used the DMG at home prepping the adventure but we have to pass around the PHB in the session quite a lot.

Wish the players would buy their own books obviously but I can't expect that from everyone. That shits very expensive for my currency.

Why and how is it weak?

The samurai is a bit broken. Also it's just fucking stupid, but that's besides the point.

I thought sorcerers were pretty strong in 5e? They're also the perfect class to dip 2 levels warlock for Eldritch Blast, since sorc doesn't get cha mod damage on any spells till 6th level

How shitty quality are we talking about here?

Have them download the PHB pdf from the Mega; there's also an online SRD 5e.d20srd.org/

It will come out, it's in alphabetical order mang
RN it's christmas break, they'll get back to it second monday 2017

They're strong at first, but wizards overpower them quickly as they both level, especially concerning the amount of spells each can have.

>They're also the perfect class to dip 2 levels warlock for Eldritch Blast
That's the issue. They pretty much need a 2 level dip to be as efficient as they should be normally.

They're going through all the classes alphabetically and then who knows what. There are better downtime rules, the mystic, and mystery projects on the docket.

Ranger is January 9th
Rogue 16th
Sorcerer 26th
Warlock February 2nd
Wizard February 7th.

My custom weapon making guide (does not work with vanilla weapons, it replaces them):

Starting Die Size: 1d8 Simple, 2d4 Martial
Die steps: 1d4-1d6-1d8-2d4-1d10-1d12-2d6

-3 dice size
* Ammunition (range x/4x)

+2 die size
* Two-Handed

-2 die size
* Reach

+1 die size
* Heavy

-1 die size
* Light
* Finesse
* Thrown (range x/3x)
* Versatile (increases dice size by 2 when two-handed)

The Special property affects die size based on the effect.

Certain properties do not work together: Heavy+Light, Heavy+Finesse, Heavy+Versatile, Versatile+Light, Versatile+Thrown, Versatile+Two-Handed, Two-Handed+Light, Two-Handed+Thrown, Ammunition+Reach, Ammunition+Finesse, Ammunition+Thrown, Ammunition+Versatile
Also, the Loading property ONLY works with weapons with the Ammunition property.

Feature alteration: Sneak attack does not work with weapons that have the finesse AND two-handed properties.

And with this, I made the following:

SIMPLE
Cleaver - 1d6 slashing - light
Shortspear - 1d6 piercing - light
Club - 1d6 bludeoning - light

Sickle - 1d4 slashing - light, finesse
Dagger - 1d4 piercing - light, finesse
Half-Staff - 1d4 bludgeoning - light, finesse

Tiger Claws - 1d4 slashing - light, special: This weapon does not fill the hand slot while equpped. While the hand slot is filled, this weapon cannot be used to attack.
Punch Dagger - 1d4 piercing - light, special: This weapon does not fill the hand slot while equpped. While the hand slot is filled, this weapon cannot be used to attack.
Cestus - 1d4 bludgeoning - light, special: This weapon does not fill the hand slot while equpped. While the hand slot is filled, this weapon cannot be used to attack.

Handaxe - 1d6 slashing - versatile (2d4)
Spear - 1d6 piercing - versatile (2d4)
Quarterstaff - 1d6 bludeoning - versatile (2d4)

Mace - 1d8 bludgeoning - n/a

Great Club - 1d10 bludgeoning - two-handed

Tomohawk - 1d6 slashing - thrown
Javelin - 1d6 piercing - thrown
Light Hammer - 1d6 bludgeoning - thrown

Light Crossbow - 1d8 piercing - ammunition, two-handed, loading

Shortbow - 1d6 piercing - ammunition, two-handed

Balance Blade - 1d4 slashing - finesse, thrown
Throwing Knife - 1d4 piercing - finesse, thrown

Way past first reply, but..

4E didn't do everything right, but everything right was done by 4E.

>about time WotC added a few more full classes
it doesn't matter
mystic will be gutted and immortal/psychic warrior will be a shitty fighter archetype that satisfies no one interested in it, just the grogs who can't stand to see others have fun

just throw the dirt on it already, i would rather mystic die and be remembered as a beautiful dream than a downs syndrome'd nightmare

A lot is focused on travel, something that could be potentially overlooked.
A lot just doesn't deal a lot of damage or limits them. Compare to the revision.

cont.

MARTIAL
Man-Catcher - N/A - reach, special: A Medium or small creature hit by a Man-Catcher is restrained and grabbed until it is freed. A Man-Catcher has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Tiny, Large, or larger. While this weapon is restraining and grabbing a target, the weapon cannot be used to attack. A creature can use its action to make a Dexterity or Strength check with a DC equal to 8 + the wielder's profiency bonus and STR modifier, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. A creature restrained by this weapon takes 1d4 piercing damage at the beginning of their turn.

Whip - 1d4 slashing - finesse, reach

Shotel - 1d6 piercing - finesse, Special: ignores shield bonuses

Sabre - 1d6 slashing - light, finesse
Shortsword - 1d6 piercing - light, finesse
Tonfa - 1d6 bludgeoning - light, finesse

Falchion - 1d8 slashing - finesse
Rapier - 1d8 peircing - finesse
Shortstaff - 1d8 bludgeoning - finesse

Arming Sword - 1d8 slashing - light
Light Warpick - 1d8 peircing - light
Baton - 1d8 bludgeoning - light

Battle Axe - 1d8 slashing - versatile (1d10)
War Pick - 1d8 piercing - versatile (1d10)
Warhammer - 1d8 bludgeoning - versatile (1d10)

Broadsword - 2d4 slashing - n/a
Morningstar - 2d4 piercing - n/a
Flail - 2d4 bludgeoning - n/a

Glaive - 1d8 slashing - two-handed, finesse, reach
Longspear - 1d8 piercing - two-handed, finesse, reach
Longstaff - 1d8 bludgeoning - two-handed, finesse, reach

Halberd - 1d10 slashing - two-handed, heavy, reach
Pike - 1d10 piercing - two-handed, heavy, reach
Polehammer - 1d10 bludgeoning - two-handed, heavy, reach

Could you put this in a pdf?

I have it in B/W. It's not that shitty but the printing isn't that great either. Had to go cheap.

I gave them the link for it but they don't use it, which sucks. We're all new and when it's a caster's turn the game comes to a complete halt because no-one really knows which spell does what.

One of the PCs is an old school, very experienced DM so he's fine but I need to read the spells he casts. The Barbarian just attacks so that's fine as well. Rogue runs around with dick in hand, hides and cross bolts whatever's there. That's fine.

I have 2 druids. Neither of them know the beasts and the stats, or the shittons of spells they have. Nor do I.

We'll always have level 10, user.

I don't know how to PDF, I have notepad documents...

jesus christ nigga make a fucking pastebin, i must have read this shit four times already and it's wasting all my monitor ink

cont.
Longsword - 1d10 slashing - two-handed, finesse
Dueling Spear - 1d10 piercing - two-handed, finesse
Battle Staff - 1d10 bludgeoning - two-handed, finesse

Greatsword - 1d12 slashing - two-handed
Lance - 1d12 piercing - two-handed
Maul - 1d12 bludgeoning - two-handed

Greataxe - 2d6 slashing - two-handed, heavy
Greatspear - 2d6 piercing - two-handed, heavy
Greatmace - 2d6 bludgeoning - two-handed, heavy

Double Sword - 1d6 slashing, 1d6 slashing - double, two-handed, finesse
Urgosh - 1d8 slashing, 1d6 piercing - double, two-handed
Blade and Chain - 1d4 slashing, 1d4 bludgeoning - double, two-handed, finesse, reach

Balance Axe - 1d8 slashing - Thrown
Trident - 1d8 piercing - Thrown
Throwing Hammer - 1d8 bludgeoning - Thrown

Chakram - 1d4 slashing - finesse, thrown, Special: recall
Boomerang - 1d4 bludgeoning - finesse, thrown, special: recall

Hand Crossbow - 1d4 piercing - ammunition, loading, light

Heavy Crossbow - 1d10 piercing - ammunition, two-handed, heavy, loading

Longbow - 2d4 piercing - ammunition, two-handed, heavy

That's it.

What encounters would be cool for pic related?

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

10 is really all we need, honestly
now if only i could get my one faggot friend to stop telling the DM it's overpowered because he doesn't understand math and hates lethal strike

I've only posted this in one other thread...

Put it on homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/ as suggested or put it in a pastebin as suggested.

Much thanks, friend.

>dual wielding batons till lv5
Who's gonna fuck the police now huh?

Jokes aside, this rendition is better than the first one. If only there was any meaningful difference for s/p/b except beating skeletons...

What we're trying to tell you is there's too many massive blocks of text, we don't want to keep reading it in separate posts.

Got it, friends, making a PDF now.

You should read the stuff, they should read the stuff.
What works well is time limit for the turns, the players will learn what their characters do right quick. Of course, the DM would have to know the stuff for it to work.

I want to eat your brain

That's really their problem, they have tools at their disposal which they really should have use.
Halting the game to look up a spell is also shit and a waste of time when they should know a little bit about the spell. It's understandable that looking these things up is part and parcel of the game but the game shouldn't grind to a complete halt.

Your druids need to up their game, so do you.
You should print out all the relevant bits for them individually, so they have a reference, ie hand them pages with the appropriate info on it.

This is what happens when we simplify damage to res/imm. That's nice and all, but what about 10% steps? I want a slight edge in killing skellingtons, not total destruction. And I want a spell that makes that fucking blue dragon take at least 1 point of lightning damage.

See, people can have civilized convos with no one being a shitstain.

YOU AND YOUR PARTY OF HOT PC-98 BITCHES ARE ABOUT TO CONFRONT THE FINAL BOSS
WHAT'S THE MOST ROCKIN' MUSIC YOU HAVE TO GET YOU PUMPED?

Actually completely forgot about this ->
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/ is a fantastic tool. Use this. Do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM

Ah sweet, that's a pretty fastpaced schedule though.

so is ur moms schedule
for taking dick

It's okay, we know they're only going to try with the Wizard.

You lads mind if I freepost for a while?

oh, we're gonna have an SSH fight now, are we?
youtube.com/watch?v=_TYP3Zp2x24

> no 2 handed, thrown
Why do you hate combat caber tossers?

The shitstain returns.

>The shitstain returns.
What did I do to deserve that

i cried a few weeks ago because i was homesick
also i cried a bit before that when i rewatched ratatouille

Stop shitposting.

I goodboypost sometimes too

You probably spent a rough and lonely christmas my man, since you choose to spend time shitposting in a rather civilised board. If you want to talk for a while, I'm here for you, just give me some means to contact you and we can chat away.

Filesize doesn't necessarily mean the page quality is better. You could have massive pdfs with shit quality scans.

Wow you guys take your 5e posting seriously. Everything you implied in your post is wrong. I'm actually at my family right now for Christmas and I'm the opposite of lonely. I want to kill them all. I'm so disappointed in this thread right now.

I do whatever I want with absolutely no consequence

You remind me of a certain shitposter from Veeky Forums. Are you by any chance absolutely shit at Planetside 2?

Either way you should probably kill urself my man.

Has anyone run a Chase Scene they were satisfied with? I want to run a Chase Scene as an adventure gimmick and I hear the one in the DMG isn't that good

light resistance 25% reduction
resistance 50%
heavy resistance 75%
immunity 100%

light vulnerability 25% increase
vulnerability 50%
heavy vulnerability 75%
justfuckmyshitup 100%
DM can adjust monsters on the fly to keep it simple but reasonable

4chins image server taking a shit again?

Loneliness doesn't stir simply from lack of human contact, but from lack of truly connecting with someone. You could be amidst a crowd and still feel lonely. We can talk about your feelings, but not here. Give me some means to contact you.

We'll have to report you if you keep going.

>Loneliness doesn't stir simply from lack of human contact, but from lack of truly connecting with someone. You could be amidst a crowd and still feel lonely. We can talk about your feelings, but not here. Give me some means to contact you.
Please don't be passive aggressive. It's cringe inducing.

>We'll have to report you if you keep going.
I don't care about that.

ruining one thread wasn't enough user ?

My response to you about loneliness:

vocaroo.com/i/s04Ux6SixtGN

>namefagging
>mom jokes
>i cried a few weeks ago
>i do whatever i want
>you people are retarded
>calling others shitskin
You sure have some issues and should try and deal with them. This is the last (You) you'll get from me.

It's just not being fun.

So what kind of stuff do you want to see for the ranger UA, /5eg/?

Just ignore the autistic fatfuck, dude.

>It's just not being fun.
It's just goofin around my lad

Yeah, but you come off as completely unsolicialized and thinking goofin around is being a shit that no one wants.

revised ranger is perfect, they'll probably go and ruin it, so i would prefer they just don't
are you the same guy that gets drunk and raps sometimes?

Makes fine sense to me. A fire dragon obviously isn't going to have the exact same immunity to fire as an elemental.
Only question is rating fluff by it but I think that's really up to GM discretion. Like is 75% immunity make the ability to dive into lava or is that purely 100% level.
Though should bigger monsters be more or less vulnerable to things. Like a balor vs a quasit.

>are you the same guy that gets drunk and raps sometimes?
yea

Something that moves away from the stereotypical ranger.

I received a DM Guide, Monster Manual and Players Handbook for Christmas.

Never really DMed before, But I plan to come mid January.

Does anyone have some good advice for a new DM?

nope

nice i literally have some of your raps saved on my computer. but i'm lightweight a hoarder so idk maybe its not saying much don't take it too seriously.
you're ok by me but some people here really do hate you. i think its because some people here are autists that can't just ignore shitposting... like obviously its more derailing to engage, but people don't really get that.

>Yeah, but you come off as completely unsolicialized and thinking goofin around is being a shit that no one wants.
They say Socrates did that, he and Diogenes were like the Zen masters in that they would troll people into enlightenment.

Read the PHB front to back, get familiar with the rules in Part 2, where the core of the game's general rules are.

Read the DMG, especially Part 3, as it has a lot of good advice for newer DMs on how to handle stuff at the table.

I also suggest grabbing the Starter Set adventure (Lost Mine of Phandelver). It's a great jumping-on point for new DMs and players alike.

yea...

Samefagging is obvious.
You're like a turd that can't be wiped away.

lol

Plan interesting encounters and not just straight up fights.

You don't have to strictly interpret rules in 5e, you can just handwave a lot of that away in favor of whatever you think is best for that situation.

Have print outs for easy reference.

Work with the players to create a story where they're the main players and don't just belligerently try to be against them.

Have fun.

i studied this post for 4d6 rounds but failed my burn save

Watch matthew colville vids on yt, they're really informative
If you don't know something specific, just improvise and check it out after the session
Be descriptive of stuff
Rule of fun sometimes is nice

In your example 75% should be enough to dive for a while, but not enough to live on it. Like holding your breath, you can do it for some time just fine, but have to come out eventually.
For the monsters, just take a look at them and go with your first impression. I think it shouldn't warrant long discussions thinking about whether X is somewhat more resistant than Y or if they're the same level. Just take a look and go with what you would expect.

i don't think he has any friends, we're the closest thing he has to friends and human interaction, which is sad :'(.

this dude made a rap about how he's read every 5e book which is pretty funny and i personally don't mind on /5eg/. thats all i'm trying to say.

Look im gonna post what I want, and what I want to post is anime

Do you like your kobolds with or without tits?

Threadly remainder thant Scourge Aasimar Sun Soul Monk is awesome even though you're sligthly behind curve