Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Literally Every Time I Check The Catalog For /40kg/ The Thread Is Almost 400 Posts In So I Have To Make A New General, I Have Made Like 10 Of These Threads In The Last Week Edition

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2016/10/12/daemonic-cyclops-the-truth-exposed/
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_of_Absolution
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Dark Mechanicus claim this thread.

The Lords of Terra declare that shitposting is heresy. What changes in the 40k galaxy?

Nothing in the 40k galaxy. If they declared it heresy IRL then maybe the internet would improve.

reposting question about codex: imperial agents in new thread

>do the forge world airplanes count as part of the Imperial navy faction though? Could one of them be included in the detachment with an officer of the fleet?

>literally 345 posts when this thread made
>only on page 6

How bad would it be if my army consisted of only valkyries and a single officer of the fleet?

>le space marines are easy to paint meme

I just started painting my army of chaos space marines and the whole time it was absolute suffering trying to paint my power armor squads, all those flat areas made we want to kill myself and it took several hours per model. Then I started painting cultists and it was a breeze, this shit is kid gloves compared to chaos marines, I could blast through a horde of these dudes in a couple days. Guard and orks players known nothing of infantry painting agony. Why do people say space marines are so easy to paint? Normal humans are so much easier and take less time.

Will Druchi Violet look like shit on top of Sotek Green?

>300 posts is bump limit
>the thread will be gone within an hour

Rate my list.

Burnas to only be used as Ap 3 melee weapons.

Only one way to be sure user

post pics

>melee
>I2

They need their own Codex. Skitarii/Cult Mech can have their combined books, but let Dark Mech get all the really weird shit. Like, fill their Troop slots with ravening murder servitors instead of infantry-like Skitarii and show us what truly horrible things they can pump out of those Hell-Forges.

Also give CSM a unique heavy weapon option. I still vote we put psyker brains in jars, and then put those jars in guns to use as magazines.

Nurgle > Tzeench > Cegorach > Khorne > Slaanesh

Trying to put together an 1850 list for a tourney at my flgs. Would love to have some tips or critique.

You have that literally backwards

>thinks Veeky Forums moves this fast

>threads with over 3 hours since last post still on board

Run this instead

Why are we including Cegorach in this? Are we just totalling up gods who have devotees? Shouldn't we more gods up there, then?

>implying 40k generals aren't possibly the fastest threads on Veeky Forums

on some days there are up to four 40k generals my man, on other days the same thread lasts 2 days. it depends on several factors but these threads are almost as fast as a live chat, I just made this thread a little over 10 minutes ago and it also has 20ish posts

Max out all unit slots in the Subterranean Uprising and go MSU. Forget the transports, they can't embark in them anyhow. Take another Subterranean Uprising with MSU.

>Black Legion Tzeentch-marked Terminator Lord with Sigil of Corruption and Skull of Ker'ngar

Aw shit son. 2+/3++/EW. And with a lucky trait roll, he can get IWND too.

22nd for the 20th legion

a quarter of them are you and me shit posting back and forth though..

It doesn't matter how fast the thread is if the rest of the board is moving fast enough to slide it off the board.

Can I not... on grounds that I am a terrible painter who can't thin paint properly, stay within lines, and has a hand that shakes worse than a crackhead without his fix?

On a scale of Eldar as 10 and Orks as 1, how would you rate Black Templars?

15 posters, 26 posts. Nah.

what are you even trying to argue about

I made a thread because the last thread was close to archive, what's the problem

I suppose, I would be embarrassed too

Yeah. I want to see binharic curses to throw on the enemy, and converting enemy vehicles and weapons against them with some kind of offensive Battlesmith, and advancing murderbots that can reanimate upon being killed by the ministrations of a Dark Techpriest (No, not Necrons).

Primarily it's theme would be using the enemy against itself. Kill their units, raise them as tech-zombies. Wreck their vehicles then deploy servitors into them to use their weapons as stationary turrets.

The Darkmech don't really innovate beyond making new Daemon Engines, but what they do have, they make... greater.

Chaos can roll Geokinesis (or equivalent) powers, right? If you have a psyker you could try for Earth Blood or whatever the Chaos equivalent is, you give him IWND and restore D3 lost wounds.

What the is the most stupid as in awesome, thing you can put inside a Valkyrie and ally it up to something else?

I 100% agree.
Making Chaos Space Marines look decent/good takes me hours.

Cegorach fits with the rest.
Lets be honest and dispell any illusions here, the eldar gods were filthy chaos gods. Just because they weren't as outright evil doesn't mean they weren't vile warp spawned abominations whos existence is an afront to the emperor.

It's nice but I still don't understand why Chaos Lords including the named ones only get three wounds while every bumfuck Chaptermaster fromUzbeki-beki-beki-beki stan gets four.

Necron out of tyranid

I can't think of an equivalent thing to do to MC's though.

For the zombiefication, I was thinking "When a unit is wiped out, place a marker at the site of the last model to be removed. (Insert ability range and activation stuff here). The unit reanimated is identical to that of the one removed, but is controlled by the DarkMech player, can only fire snapshots, has -1WS, and gains Fearless. Models reanimate with half their wounds, rounded up.

They can't be rezzed twice, and if killed with ID can't be converted.

Exploded vehicles can't be commandeered either, encouraging using just enough force on enemies rather than spamming high-power weapons.

Thing is, I'm worried it would be a "Win More" army, IE if you manage to get a few kills and reanimates you do well, if you can't you won't, and that snowballs so you have to do well T1 or be completely screwed. Thoughts?

Chaos Tax.

pls, stop post orks meme list...

Whats a meme about it?

>on some days there are up to four 40k generals my man

All the more reason to wait until it's on page 9 or 10, instead of page 6, to make a new TG. It ain't a crime if a TG general gets to 600 before being archived. Fuck, many of the other boards don't start sageing until after that.

Technomancy psykers would be great, the Dark Mech practicing sorcery combined with machines. Binharic Curses could be like Doctrina Imperatives, in that you can throw scrapcode/sorcery at your opponent to fuck them up.

As for regeneration, stealing things would really fuck with bookkeeping on the table. What they should do is allow Murder-Servitors to replenish their own ranks when removing infantry as casualties, their own invasive hereteknology performing a battlefield servitization on their corpses. Of course, they can't replenish their numbers from their own deaths and probably suffer some penalty to survivability, even if they are pretty killy in melee.

Basically, Dark Mech needs to be truly frightening on the tabletop. Something that legitimately gets players scared to face them. Ideally, CSM would be as well, but they can at least get easy allies with Dark Mech. If the release coincides with new CSM, then CSM should launch with their own neat toys that the Dark Mech made for them.

>Uzbeki-beki-beki-beki
Because, Tzeentch, the Chaos Lord probably has some sort of debilitating issue due to worshiping Chaos. Also Uzebeki-beki-beki-beki is a lovely planet. Good people.

What are you painting? Thousand Sons?
My GF has an Eldar tank that uses Druchi Violet over a similar shade, Teclis Blue. I can post pics if you want.

Does the average imperial know about the heresy? What about the Primarchs?

Holy shit, you must be "Almost out of paints" when you still have three duplicate pots left.

Because Chaos Lords are captain equivalent and Daemon Princes are the chapter master equivalent.

>Does the average imperial know about the heresy? What about the Primarchs?
To a degree yes.

The average guardsman at least knows about saints from the heresy and likely primarchs. Average civilians probably know just slightly less.

>Does the average imperial know about the heresy?
Yes, but not that it was the Primarchs that betrayed the Emperor, Horus is probably portrayed as some sort of fiendish villain like Vandire. Remember most Imperials couldn't conceive that Chaos Space Marines exist, let alone Chaos Primarchs.

>Primarchs
Yes, but not as we know them, as angelic almost godlike beings of great import, with the occasional differing philosophy on whether they were the literal sons of the Emperor, super-saints or whatever.

The only problem I have with it are the trees. Too many forests, but as a DAfag it's natural that would offend me.

Painting a Chaos Terminator Lord, trying to get that gay Tzeentch scheme with what little I've got since the FLGS is closed and I'm budgeting

plenty of warbikers wich off course you don't have and you will never have
same for tankbusta
no warboss
no manz
no heavy support
instead of lurking that ridicoulus "competitive" list (wich in WH40k basically mean "cutting-edge home rules") you should buy rulebook and codex of the army you're looking for...

That was pretty much what I was thinking for the Curses. Technomancy would be nice too, but only if they had powerful armoured units of their own, since it's a bit useless if all you can do is haywire Rhinos.

I see the point for the reanimation, your way is probably better. I do still think that their HQs should be able to reactivate vehicle weapons, even as just a cool fluffy power, since the wreck is there and fixable.

I would rather the melee stuff not be too fragile unless they're damn cheap, since we saw what happened to the Sicarians and Electro-Priests.

Also, give them the Hellblade and Hell Talon, just for niceness.

Maybe their basic troops can be dirt cheap, fragile but capable of replenishing losses from dead enemies, and have decent melee ability? Sounds a bit too much like GSC, though.

I also want REALLY customisable HQs and army lists, like the 30k Magi or Renegade devotions. These guys have whatever toys they can build or keep, they shouldn't be stuck with 4 different guns like the Dominus.

I would also ask for this guy, but half daemonic and a Lord of War who doesn't fight directly but instead supercharges the army's mechanics and throws out huge buff and debuff bubbles.

Most know about the Arch-Heretic, Horus, and are probably taught much about the Emperor and the Great Crusade itself. The Heresy in and of itself is probably more vague, but the gist of it remains: 18 primarchs, 9 rebellious sons, sacrifice of Sanguinius, and his interment on the Golden Throne. Also probably some trivia about Malcador and other public, non-classified characters.

They probably don't know the details, or the fact that their holy book was ironically written based on a traitor Primarch's own heretical writings on the Emperor's divinity. They do treat the Space Marines with reverence, so they probably know about the loyalist Primarchs and that the Space Marines, probably specific named legions, and maybe some of the roles they played during the Crusade and Heresy.

The Sanguinala is the Imperium's equivalent of Christmas so they at least know about Big E, Sanguinius and Horus.

Any novels where Orks are the protags?

In particular I like when Orks fight Chaos.

Or is it all space marine stuff

>NPC race as the good guys
You're a dumb motherfucker, user

Theres Deff Skwadron, but thats a comic.

only thing where orkz are actually the main characters is deff squadron

If you take the Regimental Standard as an actual in universe source, they teach that the Imperium defeated and killed all the Traitor Primarchs and most traitor marines.

>(which is, of course, ridiculous, because all the traitor Primarchs were slain 10,000 years ago along with the bulk of their traitorous sons*.)

regimental-standard.com/2016/10/12/daemonic-cyclops-the-truth-exposed/

>Protagonist = good guy

Loyalist Primarchs? Sure, they're fucking Saints.

Heretic Primarchs? What heretic Primarchs? You've been gravely misled as to the scale of the Traitor Astartes, they are comprised of merely the few degenerates who were not truly fit for service in His Imperial Host.

Please report the name of the person/s who misled you as to the existence of these beings and then report for re-education at the earliest opportunity (Attendence is mandatory and you will not be paid for lost work hours, education of the Imperial Creed is suitable compensation.)

And if someone told you that the Dark Angels have been anything other than steadfast servants of the Emperor, know that he is a double heretic and should be reported immediately. However, if you were to see a Dark Angel Astartes doing something suspicious, please report your findings to that friendly looking skull faced Astartes over there, you will receive suitable compensation.

I'd say, a Dark Mech factions should be ALL about their HQ. Dark Magi should be a huge focus for the army, a great and imposing character who wields a good deal of horrifying powers and equipment and/or who can play with those units around him like toys, sacrificing them for power/parts or enhancing them without care for their wellbeing. Essentially, everything from the Hell-Forge is disposable to the thing that runs it.

Still, running Horde infantry shows just how little sanctity for life they have, running speedy servitors to their death in the enemy's guns to buy time for Elites and Heavier to get in close or line up their shots.

Deff Skwadron. It's a comic, but it's damn good an' propah Orky.

How easy should it be to convert two loyalist Space Marine bikers into two Chaos Sorcerer Bikers, with all the left over bits from a Start Collecting CSM box and a Raptor box? Pretty easy, right?

tell me if this is a stupid idea, /40kg/

Angels of Atonement
A Dark Angels successor chapter that fear the Unforgiven's current transgressions against the Imperium outweigh the heresies of their past, so they conduct campaigns of great honor in the name of the Emperor. They believe their role in the Hunt is to keep the name of the Dark Angels and their successors untarnished, drawing the focus of the Inquisition away from the secret dealings of the Inner Circle.

They paint their right arm red to represent the blood of the Imperium upon their hands. It is considered a great honor among the chapter if a battle-brother returns from a battle with his red paint completely hidden by the blood of the Emperors enemies.

Their battle-cries are in the vain of "Atonement is at hand!"

Hero is a synonym for protagonist. Villain is an antonym.

And people dares to say dark mechanicum doesn't fuck everything they touch, look at that poor castellax.

A brother DAfag!
>Angels of Atonement
I'm not sure if I like the name.
>so they conduct campaigns of great honor in the name of the Emperor.
I'm sure the Inner Circle gets guilty every now and then and do that.
> drawing the focus of the Inquisition away from the secret dealings of the Inner Circle.
That would put them at risk then.

It's not too bad for an ork list, but it's still not going to win much. At least it will be quick and fun.

Using burnas in melee never seems like a clever idea to me. Even if you manage to get your attacks (which half of them probably won't), it's only about half a wound on average to marines. You only need about four models under the template before just flaming them works out as a better option. Not that it will matter much, since your odds of actually getting burnas into range is pretty remote.

If you really want an ork list which stands a chance, load up on fast attack and artillery.

>fear the Unforgiven's current transgressions against the Imperium outweigh the heresies of their past

Dear High Lords of Terra!

Unfortunately our newest successor chapter, the Angels of Atonement has been entirely lost to the warp while en route to Cadia from the Rock. Please ring the Bell of Lost Souls for their honorably memory.

t. High Interrogator-Chaplain Asmodai of the Dark Angels

> It is considered a great honor among the chapter if a battle-brother returns from a battle with his red paint completely hidden by the blood of the Emperors enemies.

It'll be pretty hard for them to murder that many xenos and heretics when they'll be so busy taking the knot.

Synonyms aren't the same as definitions. USUALLY, a protagonist is the hero of a story (Luke Skywalker, Captain Titus), but there are stories where the Villain is the protagonist (your Party in Black Crusade, The Godfather).

A protagonist is just someone who's POV the story is explored from while they struggle for their goal, while the antagonist is whoever (or whatever, isn't always a person) stands in their way of attaining that goal.

I think there is one canon DA successor chapter that does think the sins of the Fallen are their own.

you made a guardsman smile with that one user
good job!

What are my options for fixing the look of these guys?

Third party head swaps? Conversion jobs?

>That would put them at risk then
I guess I worded that incorrectly. What I mean is, should the loyalty of the Unforgiven ever come into question, the Angels of Atonement believe their deeds should be looked upon as evidence of their loyalty.

third party heads and a few extra gubbins go a very long way

That's one of the "Zombie" automata that stormed Xana during the Incursion, the damage is from Istvaan. Giant zombie marine and robot army rose up, smashed some shit then House Malinax put them down and drove off the attackers.

Apparently an Ordinatus' Machine Spirit is so powerful it mindfucked 7 techmarines when they were trying to hijack it, which is nice.

There's another that I believe sits outside The Unforgiven because they believe themselves to be forgiven, and do their own thing. Pretty sure the DA don't like it, but they otherwise don't go out of their way to fuck them over, since I don't think these successors had anyone in the Inner Circle who knew anything of import.

Basically, they just sired a successor chapter that acts like a normal, Codex-adherent chapter rather than a member of the Unforgiven, so they just leave it alone even if they are suspicious and untrustworthy.

Yep.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_of_Absolution

They still hunt for the Fallen and work closely with the other Unforgiven Chapters.

Afaik their only successor Chapter who are not acting like an extension of the Dark Angels are the Guardians of the Covenant, mostly because they are more monastic by nature and are usually busy killing xenos and looking awesome.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant

You can't fix what's already perfect.

Okay Veeky Forums, tell me if these ideas are stupid.

I have recently acquired a Wraithknight and a Hemlock Wraithfighter from Christmas. Since I play Chaos Space Marines of Slaaensh, I'm going to be using them as counts-as Daemon Knight and Hell Blade.

I've also been looking to pad out my force of Noise Marines, Raptors, and Chosen with a bunch of Cultists, but the regular Cultist models just suck imo.

I now have the idea to buy a couple of kits of Eldar Guardians/Dark Eldar Kabailites/Wyches and attach Chaos Mutations and various Daemonette bits to them, and run them as heavily-twisted Eldar Cultists in thrall to the Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh that leads my force.

The fluff-justification for this and the other Eldar units is that the warband (the Apostate Kings) baited a Necrontyr war fleet into attacking a smaller, isolated, "literally who" Craftworld, and after the Craftworld and Necrons reduced each other to like 10% effectiveness and the Necrons fled into the void, the Apostate Kings launched a warband-wide boarding action on the broken Craftworld. They swamped it and corrupted the Infinity Circuit, and slaughtered or enslaved every single Eldar they could find within, and stole and corrupted the Wraith constructs that were left behind. Now, they use half-possessed, insane Eldar warrior-slaves as meat shields, especially against their Eldar kin, because enslaving the Eldar to the will of Slaanesh is increadibly pleasing to the Dark Prince.

Yea, or Nay? Stats would remain identical, it's just the style of models.

>What I mean is, should the loyalty of the Unforgiven ever come into question, the Angels of Atonement believe their deeds should be looked upon as evidence of their loyalty.
That makes sense.
I think the AoAs still have an Inner Circle due to being a 2nd Founding chapter.
I'm sure the Lawyer Marines still have their own Inner Circle.

Custom made decal with either Chaika of tasteful ahegao for a face.

FW ones?

You are thinking of the Angels of Absolution, but their got absolbed from their original sin by the Inner Circle itself, so they are still chasing the Fallen and being suspicious and secretive, they are just not emos like the DAs are.

Guardians of the Covenant are more Codex-adherent, they even decorate their vehicles with quotes from the Codex and for the Lion.

toss them and buy castellax

remember, the bulbs on the face "shroud" makes it look like a sad frog

They both have their Inner Circles and parts of the unforgiven, but honestly I doubt the Dark Angels would let any of their successor chapters deviate from that standard. I also doubt any of their successor chapters would mention anything about the deeds (or even the existence) of the Inner Circle and the coordination between the Unforgiven to anyone in the Imperium.

How autistic am I if I name every marine in a 1500pt CSM army?

Are there vappy frogs? I know I've never seen one.

>Zombie automata
Isn't that exactly what's happening with Fires of Cyraxus? Tau invade a Forge World and a bunch of robots ho have lived long enough to go insane start getting in on the shredding?

I just paid American Airlines 15 bucks so I can shitpost from this plane.

We heresy now motherfucker. We heresy now.

>name every marine in a 1500pt CSM army?
if you are playing CSM properly there will only be one marine

Borderline Assburger, Full-Blown Retard if you remember them all from the top of your head by just looking at the model.