Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you Wizard?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4399356/character-applications
strawpoll.me/11961466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Molthuni Knights characters: app.roll20.net/forum/post/4399356/character-applications
Official Vote, decides who gets in:
strawpoll.me/11961466
Remember to vote for Alastor and Diana, N. Jolly's official endorsement. If you don't vote for them, you're defying N. Jolly, one of our most valued posters.
Friendly reminder to lynch 2hu for being a whiny shithead with a shota trap wizard. DON'T vote for him.

that wizard is pretty fucking buff

dump stats he did not.

Alternatively, how do you SANTA?

If you were to stat him, how would you do it? With PC Classes, or as a unique creature?

He has to be some kind of Wizard with a super-extended Time Stop.

>How do you Wizard?
Transmutation is my preffered school, and since Healing was removed from Necromancy by Paizo, I take Necro and Enchantment as my forbidden schools.

Though, if allowed, I also prefer to take a Wood Elementalist Wizard, because Sirocco two spell levels early is pretty dope

... Is that guy's sword hung directly above his crotch?

In fairness to 2hu there's a short version and a long version. It gets comfy in the end and that kinda makes the comfy more meaningful when you've been through some shit and made everything comfier for weary soldiers you can empathize with.

I have never wizarded

>How do you Wizard?

Bloodmarked Skinwalker Admixture wizard who finds camaraderie within the army of Molthune, is fiercely loyal to his flock, is trying to suppress his taste for blood and balances it out with his love of watching the enemies of Molthune turned to ash, or frozen solid.

Doesn't everybody hang their sword that way? How else do you get maximum phallic symbolism?

Or he's like a bunch of superpowerful outsiders and can be in multiple places at once.

Get thee hence Failed OP

Honestly, the brother and sister are popular in the votes because Ehn Jolly said he liked them. That was a huuuuuuuuuuuge publicity boost and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Have to agree that it's a pretty comfy character concept. The optimization level makes me uncomfortable, though.

>ywn play in a game with a beautiful busty soundstriker bard whose voice only you know

DELETE THIS

Go away forever. No seriously, why are you even here? You're a whinier shithead than anyone else, and that includes BUILDPOSTER, Nightfall, Virt, and StayPuft.

>make a few shitposts last thread to fish for ideas
>come back to find a single (you)
>it's someone who misquoted you and their post is completely unrelated
>another /pfg/ where you get drowned out by bullshit drama you don't care about

But user. What if
he IS StayPuft?

What was your post user?

In all fairness, Nightfall was more hilariously edgy than anything else. It's just that people would still take the bait.

>posting in /pfg/ and expecting anything but trash in reponse

What are you talking about?

I've been collecting these ywn character concepts but this one may be a bit hard to use since it involves another player's character. I'll just make the beautiful busty soundstriker bard whose voice is known by only one player instead.

>comfy

>Few are those humans who enjoy the life of a soldier. War is hell. Days of slogging through either scorching sunlight or cold rain and mud, back burdened from ill-fitting gear, teeth aching from hardtack, legs weary from the long march, eyes paranoid for traps. Sleepless nights under a harsh sky, brooding over mortality and the battle two dusks ahead. Early mornings interrupted by guerilla raids, everything a maddening blur of flickering torchlight, the clangor of metal, the scent of blood, tripping over friends' corpses, shaking, hyperventilating, heart racing, wondering if that poor sap one just ran through was actually an enemy. The stench, the empty stares from the living and the dead, all burned into memory.

If you think this is comfy, you're retarded.

Lynch 2hu.

Couldn't you make her a Rubato bard so you can take Elemental Flux and use Fire, water and wind to enhance her performances?

are you going to bait me into posting it again, and ignore me, like the one user who tried asking for character concept help?

it was though. Was also wondering about how to best use the Bestial Kineticist animal archetype, from Jolly's playtest, here

I'm sorry they're so cute that your character got ignored.

Did you intentionally skip that "in the end" bit and "regaining hope" theme?

>comfier for weary soldiers you can empathize with.
more like euthanize lul

>almost ready to submit my Molthune character
I'm ready for some spicy memes.

Why do these Roll20 games bring out the worst in /pfg/'s mob mentality?

It's always the same pattern.

/pfg/ latches onto some characters and memes the fuck out of them (usually it's a snowball effect where one guy promotes them and everyone jumps on the bandwagon), /pfg/ picks a couple of players to bully and witch hunt over, everyone else gets left in the dust.

It's like, why should I even bother applying? There's no rhyme or reason to what /pfg/ decides to fawn over or bully as a mob.

2hu's concept is fucking stupid.

The GM wanted something comfy.

COMFY.

Not edgy as fuck and "oh woe is me people died."

That's not true user. Let me teach you how to become the meme.

My character was never meme'd or witch hunted and I was accepted to the HV campaign.

>It's like, why should I even bother applying? There's no rhyme or reason to what /pfg/ decides to fawn over or bully as a mob.
Because sometimes just the act of getting your creative juices flowing and sitting down to make the character is fun, even if you never end up palying as them.
I should know, I made Gallius and Hikari for RotJR. They were never memed hard, and I'll not be able to play in the game since my spring schedule is hectic, but I'm fine with that, as the journey of making them was fun enough for me

I'm going to be submitting mine shortly as well!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

So you want to take a familiar and an animal companion and shove them together? And then do something like the old revalation FCB certain races had and have the familiar/animal scale faster?

It's okay.
We can build a happy little life for ourselves in the dust.

We can settle in it, eat mites, and herd bunnies, make little bowls, and maybe cut it in the evening.

I'm surprised by how comfy the memes around my character for RotJR were. They weren't obnoxious, they were always brief, and not once did I ever see anyone actually be upset about them.

Unfortunately that means I also couldn't get any advice on them, and my other character never even showed up on the radar.

Who?

Remember, N.Jolly also liked Old Spy. He's friends with DHB. It's a fucking conspiracy I till you!

And Old Spy is high in the votes despite being a DHB character.

N.Jolly promotion is strong.

>2hu is #6 in the polls
>means he's getting in
What the fuck guys.
How could you do this?
Why the shit are you letting someone with the LEAST comfy bullshit backstory and the shota trap crap get a spot in the game?

>despite being a DHB character.
Why is being made by DHB automatically a bad thing?

The weird thing is it's not as if he posts about it with his trip on.

DHB is only slightly better than 2hu, but he's still an autist we should all lynch.

>Implying the poll will have anything to do with the GM's decisions

It doesn't matter, because that's not "official" in any way. Some chucklefuck, probably you yourself, labeled it as "official vote to see who gets in", but that's not how this works. See, the thing is? This isn't a democracy. The GM decides who gets in and who doesn't, and your petty bitching or anyone else's vote means nothing, not a damn thing.

So stop witch hunting, buy yourself a length of rope, and go jump off a bridge with it around your neck.

Kiiiiinda? The "scaling faster" bit was mostly just making their HD be one-to-one with level instead of getting them to scale OVER the player's level.

I'm an immense sucker for companion creatures and I want to see if I can make sure my character's treasured companion(s) can stay relevant.

I want to see SwimmingEagle make a character for Molthune Knights!

>Kurat in his backstory sleeps with essentially every woman he works with
>half the top votes are female
>he looks like this
How do you resist a piece of handsome hobgoblin?

>Implying /pfg/'s popularity contest decides, not the fucking DM.

By not being desirable to said hobgoblin in the first place.

Different user, I'm aware it's not decided by this, but damn if this doesn't have the possibility of some fun interactions, trap aside.

Isn't there some boon companion feat that does that?

That's Kurat's son, not Kurat, IIRC

Wait why? I'm confused. What does DHB do?

I get 2hu because he descends into rules arguments, but when had DHB done that? Last time he went and asked, and just changed depending on the answer (and the whole infiltrator/conversion stacking IS unclear).

It just seems to me DHB asks and if people don't like it he tries and change it.

This is the witch hunt I really don't understand. Why target one of the few productive homebrewers around here?

Because at least 6 different people hate you witch-hunter, I thought the abandoned general proved that enough

People just like hating DHB publicly because it makes them feel good about themselves for some reason?

Correct. Kurat is a lot more battle hardened/elderly. He's the hobgoblin equivalent of 60.

He made characters and builds more or less to deliberately piss people off.

He's a trip fag, that's enough to get shit on regardless.

Boon Companion merely lets the animal companion continue to scale up if you multiclass into a class that doesn't have the feature. IE: If you're a 6th level Druid, and at 7th level for some godforsaken reason you multiclass into fighter for 4 levels, you take Boon Companion so your 4 levels in fighter still scale up your companion with your total level.

The memes for mine were pretty bad, everyone hated me for them and multiple entire threads were destroyed because of it

I didn't even mean to do it guys, seriously

You should get a trip then, so you can leave /pfg/ forever!

I thought it'd push up a rangers animal companion to full level?

If it's not an official vote, then why are we bothering with it?

Shouldn't we be showing it to the GM?

I'm just saying what he did to piss people off. I'm neutral about him.

So have you considered who Kurat would turn to to tutor his children?

>He made characters and builds more or less to deliberately piss people off.
But that's the same thing 2hu did.

Which was yours?

It's very odd. Because he's positive despite people shitting on him.

>He made characters and builds more or less to deliberately piss people off.
I was there. It wasn't to piss people off, that's what people are trying to warp it too. It was "hey look guys how high I can get this bonus". Then when people didn't like for an actual application he dialed it back.

>He's a trip fag, that's enough to get shit on regardless.
He doesn't use his trip to post about his characters though!

It's just a fun little popularity contest.

Svana

>fox person
Bullshit, your character was one of the most memed ones.

It would, but the animal companion would still have delayed HD. An animal companion with an effective level of 10 would still only have 9 HD. At 20th level that animal companion only has 16 HD.

Different user popping in, I honestly kind of wish you didn't drop out, because she was cool as fuck once you ignored the shitposting.

It's enough people can tie the characters to him. That's all it takes really.
> It wasn't to piss people off, that's what people are trying to warp it too. It was "hey look guys how high I can get this bonus". Then when people didn't like for an actual application he dialed it back.
No. He decided that since /pfg/ was heckling him, he was going to heckle them back.

We liked her, user! And not even because she was attractive!

VERY fast wereboar running at incredible hihg speed with a sad but kind of sweet backstory? The big booty was just a side-bonus!

That wasn't even one of the reasons I dropped out

No, 2hu is just 2hu. He could anything at this point and people would bitch.

>No. He decided that since /pfg/ was heckling him, he was going to heckle them back.
Funny, your name isn't DHB, I don't know how you can talk for him if you're not him.

The only really loud meme was "LITERAL ANIMAL", which, even if it was common, didn't get to the obnoxious level or elicit the same reactions as all the Thiccposting or fetishposting.

He literally said that "I'm going to meme them back" let me go digging.
>The only really loud meme was "LITERAL ANIMAL", which, even if it was common
Yes it was.

Some people liked her, but it seemed to mostly be shitposting.See

>I don't know how you can talk for him if you're not him.
Maybe because some of us LIKE his unchained martial classes and apprecaite him for making homebrew content for the community?
Seriously, how do you not understand that people think your opnions are shit? I thought the trashing and abandonment of your General would've been enough

True, but what he's doing is something that would piss off /pfg/ even without being from 2hu. It's a Foresight Exploiter Wizard. It's not going to be received positively.

Oh no, I think we're getting confused here. I'm on your side, I like DHB, I'm angry at the other guy for claiming he can speak for DHB and say "hurrr he's doing it to piss of /pfg/ on purpose". I'm not the shitposter, Witchhunter is.

I'm not speaking for him.

That's something he straight up said in the fucking thread.

with spheres, too.
it's most of a party on its own.

Meta-/pfg/ is a strange /pfg/

Where's your proof, shitposter? Go on, link it, be a good boy and shitpost more!

He's not an exploiter though.

To comment on this. I do not want to tie myself to any other PCs yet simply because we don't know who will get in and who won't. For a Hobgoblin readiness comes between ages 15 and 26 (for trained if they take the max amount of time). I can't find information on what the NPC classes are in terms of length of training, but Kurat would have the goal of his children getting a level in a PC class, even if that is unrealistic.

Of the children the ones currently young enough for training and under Kurat's parental control are the following:

Tessara (Tess) - (Mother: Velgath; Age: 26; Sex: Female; Alignment: LG; Race: Elven/Hobgoblin Bloodmarked Skinwalker; Unmarried; Currently in military service, Aspiring Painter)
Sarrin - (Mother: Eri; Age: 25; Sex: Female; Alignment: LE; Race: Human/Hobgoblin; Engaged; Owns a smithy)
Nimmi - (Mother: Sena; Age: 25; Sex: Female; Alignment: LN; Race: Hobgoblin; Unmarried; Currently in military service)
Sibil - (Mother: Sena; Age: 24; Sex: Female; Alignment: NG; Race: Hobgoblin; Unmarried; Educated in Korvosa)
Uri - (Mother: Sena; Age: 22; Sex: Female; Alignment: NG; Race: Hobgoblin; Engaged; Currently in military service)
Vella - (Mother: Sena; Age: 17; Sex: Female; Alignment: LN; Race: Hobgoblin; Unmarried; Sent to Korvosa for her education)
Kiri - (Mother: Sena; Age: 15; Sex: Female; Alignment: LN; Race: Hobgoblin/Human; Unmarried; Being trained by Kurat)
Dedri - (Mother: Shirin; Age: 7; Sex: Male; Alignment: LG; Race: Hobgoblin/Human; Unmarried; Being trained by Kurat)

I consider the two youngest, at 5 and 2, too young for training. As well, two of Kurat's children live with their mother in Andoran. The children's current occupation is subject to change if the story demands it.

>He literally said that "I'm going to meme them back" let me go digging.
To speak to this at the time I do not remember if I was doing it to be mean spirited, but I may have been. Sort of a jab back kind of thing.

Are you implying an user posting "literal animal" in spoilers every other thread was as obnoxious as entire threads derailed by thiccposting?

It's behind several fucking months of threads. I make no promises.

And how is not sucking DHB's dick shitposting. I already said I'm neutral about the mother fucker.

I am getting annoyed at his little defense force though.

>unironically using the term "defense force"

And Enduring Crane Strike, so he can be a healer too.
Oh sorry. Pact Wizard. That's not better.

Yes.

You seem like a person who's very easy to upset

>To speak to this at the time I do not remember if I was doing it to be mean spirited, but I may have been. Sort of a jab back kind of thing.
On a whole I do not want to piss of /pfg/ because this is the only real play I share my content. Heckling back and forth I think can be in good fun and I have since tried to adjust the character to be more in line with what people consider reasonable. A lot of the getting the bonus higher was for it to be fun, seeing how high it could go, but some people took it the wrong way, though I did not do much to correct the opinion.

>lynching user posts in the Molthune threads
Someone new for my roll20 insta-ignore list.