Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Omg the normies are really here
FUCKFUCKFUCKUCK

>buying alts that don't outperform bitcoin

This
/thread

Don't you newfags get it? If you are losing in terms of sats, that means you would have gotten more gainz just leaving your money in BTC and saved yourselves a boatload of time researching whatever alts you bought.

>inb4 buying meme coins shilled on biz without researching

Many alts outperformed BTC by huge margins.
Does that mean you start measuring BTC in those alts?

>If you are losing in terms of sats, that means you would have gotten more gainz just leaving your money in BTC
Yes, having perfect foresight would be nice.
You are very smart, user. Much brain.

XRP's appreciation for example has outperformed every single coin this year, period.

This. Don't expect the maximalists to reply to you though.

>no one can predict the future
>better not even try to think!

I bet you think trading is gambling too

It IS gambling you fucking retard
>i-it's not gambling dad, I'm a digital cryptographic asset manager

>My trading strategy is based around hindsight

"Accumulate sats and hope it keeps going up forever based on nothing but pure speculation and hype" is not much better than gambling brainlet.

I'm not going to even elaborate how dumb this post linked above this text is, but it's pretty fucking dumb.

The whole market is driven by BTC and biggest reason why alts see pumps is BTC money being redistributed. I'm not a BTC maximalist, I don't even hold it and but it's a just fact.

>The whole market is driven by BTC
True to an extent
>and biggest reason why alts see pumps is BTC money being redistributed.
What about ETH? I know loads of people (myself included) who ditched BTC for ETH after the August 1st fork.

BTC is the biggest name in the game, but even it is valued in USD.

I did exactly the same and measuring most of my alts in ETH since they are tokens and bought for ETH. But most people are still trying to accumulate BTC, not ETH.
Of course it is, but all other coins and tokens are derivatives from BTC in a certain way. And again
>most people are still trying to accumulate BTC

>measuring most of my alts in ETH
ETH is measured in USD.

>But most people are still trying to accumulate BTC
BTC is measured in USD.

> ETH is measured in USD.
> BTC is measured in USD.

Try again you tiny brained /pol/-tier nationalist.

Haha what?

But is you absolute dumb fuck

Brainlets. BTC is the only coin guanrateed to rise over time. It's a sure bet. If you aren't out performing BTC, why the fuck would you bother with alts?
>muh dinosaur coin
>muh bubble gonna burst

If BTC goes down, every fucking coin dies. There's no crypto without BTC. Hence
>muh satoshis

BTC is measured in USDT

>BTC is the only coin guanrateed to rise over time.

Whatever, you can use any measure you want. Measuring in sats and gwei allows you to understand the market situation and know your opportunity costs/benefits. But from my experience main reason why people use USD measure for altcoins is because they don't want accept the fact they are holding bags.

Right and if an alt is underperforming BTC, going down in sats. It would make sense to pull money out anx put it into BTC? its a littlr more complicated that the buy high sell low shit biz is used to

>There's no crypto without BTC.

So many people are going to kill themselves when BTC dies...

If you lose in sats it means you would've made more by holding btc. That's it. Just showing opportunity cost

I would rephrase it in a pessimistic way - if BTC fails every other coin/token would fail as well.

Why do people here act as if placing your money into one coin is the only option?
Have like 4 or 5 positions to reduce your volatility imo

Except those that have real use
Like smart contracts

Smart contracts > muh internet gold

Guess what, there have been alts that have outperformed BTC by MASSIVE margins. Does that mean BTC holders are holding bags?

Putting your money into a better performer makes sense, yes.
That's what trading is all about.

Not at all.
In case you hadn't noticed, the cat is out of the bag. Everyone and their mum is building their own blockchain or DLT.

Could be that they all fall to the wayside and BTC adopts every single useful function ever devised by an altcoin.
Could also be that many thrive.
Could also be that a better alternative to BTC overtakes BTC, which is already mired in dysfunction and strife due to a lack of leadership and vision.

They've been saying that since, hell since the first alt I reckon.

This. It's a measure of if your strategy is beating the market. You think this shit will last forever? You need to maximize your return before the quantum trading ai's turn on and this whole ride ends.

Agreed, so that's why I don't understand these "u actually made a loss if u lost in sats!" meme. A fiat gain is a fiat gain. Opportunity cost is one thing, an actual fiat LOSS is another.

By all means, people should check their performance against the major trading pairs - but satoshi hoarding and then saying "FIAT MEASURE IS 4 NOOBS!" is probably the most retarded thing on this board. (Not accusing you, just building off your post)

Anybody saying sats matter more than $ are absolute fucking retards.

If BTC crashed to 1 cent with no prospect of recovery, would they still care about sats?

They have no answer to this.

I'm talking about cryptomarket in it current state. Smart contracts != crazy speculative internet money.

The only reason everyone isnt measuring in sats is because we havent had the altcoin ragnarok yet. The day people realize 99% of altcoins have nothing to show for all that money people threw at them and they bail to either fiat, which prolongs its life depending on their gains or bitcoin which effectively will be fiats end.

I tend to watch closely and move my wealth accordingly.

>muh muh

BTC dominance is falling again => money diversifies more => BTC slowly dies

>not measuring in gwei

If BTC crashes to 1 cent, I hope you've got your money in US gov bonds..

>implying the economy would care or even notice

Guess what, there have been alts that have outperformed BTC by MASSIVE margins. Does that mean BTC holders are holding bags?
Very few alts. And even fewer since May/June.
>Everyone and their mum is building their own blockchain or DLT

>Very few alts. And even fewer since May/June.
1) doesn't matter
2) it's a fair amount

The point is there will always be something that outperforms whatever asset you're holding or whatever strategy you're using.
When you're up, you're up. Just because something else is up more doesn't make you a bag holder. That's ridiculous.

Not sure what you mean by this.

>muh gambling

bad at math, bad at charts, bad at games

get good

>risking money on predicting a future event to make more money
>not gambling

We just have different approaches. For me 'holding bags' = missing opportunities even if I'm not losing money per se (ie holding stable eth during the btc bullrun).

It's like gambling but with better odds.

>For me 'holding bags' = missing opportunities
In other words, you're a priest in the church of FOMO.
Good luck with that.

every single decision u make in life is a gamble too u dunce

Fuck it I'm not gonna you everyone.

>Not watching sats and USD both.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

I know.

>If BTC crashed to 1 cent with no prospect of recovery

Your portfolio would be worth 0

Doesn't make much sense. Just compare the gains in USD.

So much fucking dumb money in this thread (and /biz in general).

I can't wait to take all your gainz from you.

Not really mate
>I've been stood up all day, I'm going to go sit down
Not gambling
>inb4 hurr but you might break your pelvis when your cheeks hit the cushion

No, that's just to make myself alert and understand market. Actually I often fall for HODL meme but at least I'm trying to become better at researching/trading instead of comforting my reddit friends with 'Imagine if all BTC millionaires would have sold at $10' mantra.

If you aren't making 5000% gains on your portfolio daily, then you can have a nice hot glass of shut the fuck up.

Spending money because you believe in a version of the future is gambling you fucking mong.

It's one thing to watch the market and opportunity cost.
It's another thing entirely to think you're bagholding when your altcoin is "only" up 3x in USD when BTC is up 5x.

good luck wandering thru life with that pea for a brain

Right. What about x1.05 vs 5x?

x1.05 is still a gain. You can make it as close to 1 as you like, as long as it never goes under x1 then it is still a gain, or at the very least a break even.

>Right. What about x1.05 vs 5x?
Depends on the potential of that x1.05 coin.

Are you thinking of a specific coin btw?

>as long as it never goes under x1 then it is still a gain
not when you pay fees to trade

what

That gain already includes the fees you dumbfuck.

For example BTC vs ETH during BTC bullrun. ETH have bigger potential, but people who are good at trading switched to BTC and rebought ETH 3.5x lower. It wasn't FOMO, just better understanding of the market. Sometimes you just need to forget about fundamentals/potential and follow the crowd. Of course it's impossible to time market perfectly but it's still better than hold.

>It wasn't FOMO, just better understanding of the market.
Source?

Same happened before BCH fork in august. This time there were a lot of indicators from the beginning that bullrun would last.

How? If you buy a coin/token at say 0.0009 sats, and the price stays the same and you sell them, you still have to pay the exchange fees, meaning you end up with less

Two scheduled BTC forks and CME listing.

>whole 0.05% in fees

>This time there were a lot of indicators from the beginning that bullrun would last.
So how much did you make?

One fork got cancelled out of the blue. BTC could've tanked to $2k right then and there.

Instead of shitposting let's try to make some actual money guys

>still a loss

for anyone but an autist like you it's a break-even

Nothing, I held ETH and alts. But at least I admit my mistake and don't brag about my iron hands unlike of lots of TRUE HODLERS here and on reddit.
>One fork got cancelled out of the blue. BTC could've tanked to $2k right then and there.
It's was more about CME listing.

>Nothing, I held ETH and alts.
But you just said there were a lot of indicators from the beginning that the bull run would last?

no it wouldnt, bitcoin is the a mountain it was 5 years ago anymore, it would suck a bunch of dick for sure, but it wouldnt take everything with it like it did with all the gox shit

lmao he just admitted to hindsight 20/20

but binance only shows me sats i fucking hate what do i do i cant keep track of all these numbers REEEEEE

>hodling shitcoins
daytrading shitcoins is the patrician way to lamboland.
gaining btc while btc is rising

Not the point

That he did.

this.
/thread.
Seriously, people are trolling now with this satoshis

You bother with alts to increase your Satoshis you brainlet. Keeping money in btc is fine but if you don't have much you need to get more btc by trading alts! You Are as bad as the rest of these noobs 'thinking' fiat matters more. LURK MORE!

>muh sats

I monitor my investments in $ and day trade in sats. Made 12x in 2 months. Annyoing are you retarded buttcoin maximalists, thinking that your worthless shitcoin will appreciate forever.

why? btc is useless

>Hoard satoshis
>Basically an "all in" one one of the most volatile shitcoins in existence

top trading strat warren

>they don't value their crypto in kitties
Never gonna make it.

Sats are valued in USD.
Therefore anything you value in sats is always automatically valued in USD.

>Buy fuckwitcoin from fuckwitcoin's lone dev
>you are the lone bagholder and he doesn't want to buy it back
>there is literally zero volume
>bitcoin price goes up 10%
>"Wow, fuckwitcoin has gone up 10%, what a great buy"

You are measuring against the reserve currency and the reserve currency is BTC. You are gauging whether your purchase is winning or losing against the thing you made your purchase with, which is BTC. The fact that you sold BTC to buy fuckwitcoin means that is the meaningful measure of whether buying your coin was a good decision or not.

Get it in your heads you fucking deluded normie newfag retard faggots.

>You are gauging whether your purchase is winning or losing against the thing you made your purchase with, which is BTC
Or ETH.

What you made your purchase with is a formality.
BTC and ETH themselves are valued in fiat. Therefore anything you value in BTC or ETH is automatically being valued in fiat as well.

>>bitcoin price goes up 10%
>>"Wow, fuckwitcoin has gone up 10%, what a great buy"
Except this doesn't happen to any alt with a decent volume. Sat value will always try to correct to match the initial $ value. Keep trying bitcoincucks, I am yet to hear a single convincing argument. You smug retards sound like the biggest newfag normies.

Why do they call it sats and not just "BTC value" or something similar? Calling it "satoshis" is autistic as fuck and tries to make it sound like its something more complex than the value in BTC. Its just....the fucking value in BTC. Thats what it is, sats is autistic.

>Sat value will always try to correct to match the initial $ value.

That's literally people selling to get on BTC moons.