A different sort of thread for you, Veeky Forums:

A different sort of thread for you, Veeky Forums:

What sort of person would YOU be in the Star Wars universe? Not a roleplaying character, but you yourself, knowing yourself as you do, with your own strengths, talents and flaws....?

You awaken in the Star Wars Universe, and you are yourself, but in that moment of awakening, you could become any race, have Force awareness or Force powers, ....or not.

>You remain human or become an alien race
>You gain Force Awareness, or have Force powers
>You could be a Jedi, or not
>You could be an ordinary person, or you could crave adventure, BUT...once you crave adventure, it starts happening to you non-stop!
>You could be anyone, but your choice is made in that instant and you remain so for...a long time, perhaps your lifetime.
>Light Side of the Force, or Dark Side of the Force, you quickly realize that whichever you choose, the path is difficult, and it will build upon itself and even drag you along. A Force-User's life is not necessarily a happy one, but it IS eventful.

The catch is: knowing yourself as you do now, who do you become? ....or who do you wind up as?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Grey Jedi

As a salesman in real life... I'd probably be a fairly ordinary trader piloting a freighter with a distaste for the Republic and hokie old religions.

One of those flying space Jews that are immune to charm person

Something like Han Solo, but with a slower ship and not a whole lot going on.

I would remain human.

I would actually prefer not to have force powers, but if i'm force sensitive i guess that is alright.

I would rather not be a Jedi. I honestly don't like the Jedi very much. Designated good guys they may be, but i disagree with most of their teachings. I'd rather not be sith. Just one forgotten force sensitive someone outside the core worlds.

I'd get myself a nice nine to five job if i could.

If i was aware of my abilities i would probably avoid using them unless it was necessary cause i don't wanna call attention to myself.

Honestly i probably wouldn't be very different from who i am already, i'd just be in star wars and i'd get to try my hand at romancing alien women and not just human women.

Also, you should really specify era, because that makes a big difference. I imagine many anons answers would change depending on era, i know mine would. I am assuming you mean pre jedi purge era of the republic, but you could mean Old Republic like in the pic, or Empire. If it were either of those my choices would change.

To answer my own question, I'd probably want to be a Jedi consular...traveling around solving problems judiciously. I'd lose my temper, give in to anger and get a "taste" of the Dark Side, corrupting myself. If I don't really lose it and end up getting people killed, I'd get kicked out of the Order, and end up in a desk job somewhere, using my meager Force powers to try and "do what good I can" while I look up at the sky in regret.

If force sensative, I would be branded a sith yet never walk with them. Passion is power, restraint is peace, but peace is easily broken.

If not, R&D for whoever lets me keep my head down the farthest, I would stand for nothing and decry nothing for fear of the magic supernatural religious fanatics running around.

Probably chewbacca like mechanic who hangs out with his buddies, getting up to wild shit around the fringes.

Pretty much already do this as the poorest member of my friends but I know how to work on vehicles, electricity and work as a nurse.

Probably some low life who uses the force to cheat when gambling.

I'm a workin' joe myself. I have tremendous respect for people who know how to make things work, and who have the selflessness to take care of others too.

>You gain Force Awareness, or have Force powers
I'd rather have a stand. Could I get a stand?

I'm with this guy. Preferably me with force powers and just kinda slum around using them to survive. Also, space drugs.

I find it interesting the number of people in this thread who want to lay low. Hehe.

I look pretty much like prequel Anakin, so I'd probably be an autistic sith with Mary sue level force powers and power armor.

>Human
>Force Powers
>Something involving tech

Prolly end up doing maintenance work of a ship. Would keep my head down until the inevitable moment where the captain decides to sign the wrong contract. Ship gets boarded. Cue daring escape.

I remain Human and take Force Sensitivity.

I don't become a Jedi because I don't have the willpower to follow that kind of lifestyle. Instead, I just become a very skilled engineer with the help of my latent Force abilities.

The vast majority of Force Sensitives in Star Wars receive no training and simply become very adept at their chosen vocations.

Hello Hayden.

I guess I'd be a human doctor, that's pretty cool considering the level of tech in the SWverse. Being a jedi on top of that could be pretty awesome
Now that I think of it, I wonder what's their treatment for depression and other mental illness.

So what time period are we in when we're thrust into the Galaxy?

>treatment for depression and other illnesses
ADVENTURE

Also, your job is terminated and you are replaced with a droid.

If you are depressed in SW universe you probably become a really crappy sith.

shit

They do have doctors though, right?

I'd probably end up with Kreia's backstory: someone who's more interested in figuring out what's going on with the Force than with keeping the faith. I doubt I'd arrive at Nietzscheanism (though that's not the most unreasonable interpretation) so I doubt I'd be mistaken for Sith.

they do starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor

not germane to this exercise.
>power armor
damn, son. (pic related)
Remember what I said about the Force sweeps you along on ITS path -- a beautiful and proud young Jedi would be riding the razor's edge between Hero and Villain, also ADVENTURE
A stand? You mean a big piece of plastic that goes up your butt and helps keep you upright?Damn Son! (pic related)
ADVENTURE would come knocking on your door about every week.
>era
not germane to this exercise
>not just human women
Damn Son! (pic related) you're going to need penicillin
>grey Jedi
Nobody likes you. You're constantly getting written-up, no matter who you work for. But damn, it feels good knowing you're right.

>have Force powers
fuck & steal my way from planet to planet on a ship i've turned into a harem of mind controlled fuck-puppets. have R-units with the antigrav option to ferry me about on a covered litter.
Alos i'd wax an ewok and buttfuck it

>What sort of person would YOU be in the Star Wars universe? Not a roleplaying character, but you yourself, knowing yourself as you do, with your own strengths, talents and flaws....?
>you could become any race
Make your mind OP, because I'd be a fucking wookie.

I'm gonna need a whole lot more than penicillin, but it'll be worth it. Probably. I just wanna face fuck a twi'lek while using their leku as handles.

mein nigger.

yeah, not gonna lie, thats the first thing that came to mind too.

Idunno what id do. probably sign up to be some kind of techie for the empire. I think its about time humans made a place for themselves in the galaxy, no longer being repressed by alien scum. (and id have to hide my alien fetish from my superiors)

if were talking old republic, then probably someting a little more scientific, maybe terraforming planets for habitation or some such, anything to get me closer to some sweet sweet alien poon.

>grey Jedi
>right

Honest above-board interstellar cargo hauler.

Live in my ship, spend most of my time chilling in hyperspace, jerkin off and playing vidya in the hours between ports.

I become a scientist of sort, earn my credits and retire on an Agri World / Ocean Planet where I live out a Comfy life largely removed from the ills of the galaxy.

Y'know those guys in the bar who get picked on by the resident hard lads but then get saved by our heroes just after they've been completely emasculated?

Yeah, that'd be me and half the guys ITT.

Probably a wookiee or something. I love those guys. Definitely wouldn't remain human, though.

Sith for sure. All the powers of the Force with none of the lame rules of the Jedi.

move to nar shaddaa

do a whole lotta spice

Mid level bureaucrat, force sensitive, human, transition from the old republic to the empire with rebellion sympathies. Keep my head down but pass along crucial info when I can until either the rebellion wins or I'm caught and executed.

I'd be a human doing IT work on some agri-world with a military background.

[yawns in the Force]

That's....the Dark Side talking.

Welcome to Alderaan! You'll really enjoy it here. We have
>waterskiing
>extensive national parks
>beautiful oceans views
>an interesting new moon....?
ADVENTU--

So if i'm the guy who just keeps his head down, gets a job, and tries to get sweet xeno pussy, what planet am i on and how does adventure come calling? Come on mate, you've described what happens to other anons with the lives they choose to live, what happens to me.

If it were me, I would still be human, have little force awareness and would be a treasure hunter. As I hunted for Jedi/sith artifacts I would realize that I had a weak connection to the force and begin to use some of the teachings I pilfer to learn some force tricks to help get me out of scrapes. I would think that the rise of the empire would be an exciting time to be this kind of person.

I want to be a mechanic for starships or something else cool like that. And I want a robot friend/assistant. Adventure is optional but if it happens I better have a cool ray gun to go with it.

I'm fairly gone mentally so the chance of me not falling to the dark side is kinda shit but without force powers I wouldn't stand a chance at all. So a varying degree of crazy, human sith who would like the other sith to get their dicks out their orifices and work together. I'd steal and murder as I could get away with but only because I couldn't really do anything else. I'd genuinely believe the only correct thing to do is for the sith to work together for absolute domination. Get jobbed early on or later probably if a sith paradise gets created as I'd be one of the not functional ones despite doing what I did.

The smarter thing to do is to control evil not try and get rid of it.

Probably some Imperial recruit, just doing enough to get by on some core world. When the empire falls apart I'd end up unemployed and rebound into some comfy space freighter job.

I probably would have been sympathetic to the rebel cause and did everything in what little power I had to prevent imperial agents from oppressing its citizens.

You're on a planet that doesn't allow quest threads, so you have become an expert in keeping your head down. ADVENTuRE
A hot togruta chick you've taken a liking to reveals she has a protocol droid that has been reported missing by the Empire. You can:
>Turn the protocol droid in to the local Imperial garrison for a sizeable reward, a social promotion, and a hot (human) Imperial officer takes a liking to you and promises to show you some wicked shit she learned on a "rim" planet (she winks...a lot) [Gain +1 Dark Force point]

>Help the togruta hide the protocol droid as one of the local prostitutes (hilarity ensues) while the local Imperials hang out at the bar and have a bachelor party for their captain (so hilarious!) and the droid does a convincing lap dance. If you survive the encounter, the rebels show up in a few days and take the droid off your hands to get its classified information. You get recruited into the Rebellion, get a social promotion, and the togruta chick shows you "something that's only legal in two systems, and this isn't one of them!" [+1 Light Force point]

>Let events follow their own course [possible social fallout]

If you choose a result that gains you a Force point, you are now on the path to ADVENTURE and shit will start happening to you all the time, until you spend that Force point. May the Force be with you.

>What sort of person would YOU be in the Star Wars universe? Not a roleplaying character, but you yourself, knowing yourself as you do, with your own strengths, talents and flaws....?
Tattooinian Delivery man who blundered his way into becoming a Bounty Hunter. Force powers mostly manifest as weird luck and hunches.

"It sounds like a sweet job, but I don't like the way that guy's eyeballing me."
"...Normally I'd toss you out on your ear, but..keep talking, I got a feeling."

I would be one of Darth Maul or Plo-Koon's race, cause they're cool. I don't know what era I'd want to be in, either Clone Wars or Old Republic. I guess my goal would try to find a true balance in the Force, between Dark and Light. I dunno how hard it would be to do something like that, so I'd probably go Light and defend the people.

Basically Qui-Gon Jin, because Qui-Gon is a best.

Your name happens to be Rayye Gunne, and your droid is a loveable misfit named WhAK-0. Your reputation with starship systems gains you a reputation, and you soon find yourself swept into ADVENTURE

Alright fuck it. I help the Togruta. Worst comes to worst i die and hang around as a force ghost.

I'd probably end up as a lesser noble son to some mildly okay house with a nack for economic thought. My house wouldn't have enough resources to support me, so I'd end up doing data analysis and education administration grunt work for the Empire. Despite my distaste for their politics, I'd enjoy a comfortable job until I died scared and alone when rebels attacked the board of regents building to try and "bring down the Empire's propaganda machine."

I'd awaken to another morning of nerf jerky and caffeinated blue milk, break camp, pack up my sensor pod and mount my speederbike for another day of clone war battlefield relic hunting and salvage team guiding. That way I get my outdoorsman/exploratory kick and military nerdism all in one.

No force powers, just enough sense to know how to avoid decapitating myself if I were ever to find a light saber.

If the galactic civil war would ever come to my door step I'd be torn between scouting and conducting supply procurement for the rebellion or joining the imperial army and either processing probot data or piloting AT-PT's.

Sith seems like a fun gig. Travel around the galaxy looking for holocrons, examining ancient mysteries, expanding your knowledge and power.
Slightly more realistically I'd want to be an imperial agent. Anything for the Empire.

Quarren Sith no doubt, mainly because Quarren are fuck all cool, and because I don't really like the Jedi way. Mainly, I'd use my dark side abilites to get whatever I wanted(because Im kinda greedy). But also because Sith abilites are fucking awesome, and add a sweet tentacle face onto that and Im sold.

I think finding a balance between dark and light is implied to be the only true way to achieve peace and absolute wisdom.

The sith, for all their conniving, backstabbing ways, really only desire personal freedom. They don't go out of their way to harm those that haven't dove then any harm unless necessary.

The Jedi, despite their peaceful benevolence, are often blinded by an arbitrary set of sometimes downright harmful doctrines. It's these very virtues that made then unable to help Anakin Skywalker before he became Darth Vader.

By walking the space between light and dark, you can embrace your emotions but also not be overtaken by them. You can seek your own peace but not at the expense of others. It really is the only true path.

>Pic unrelated because I'm on my phone and don't have access to GImages for a proper pic.

Probably be some kind of force monk. Light side, but not really a Jedi because I don't feel like being part of that system. I'd probably err closer to the blind guy in Rogue One. I'd very much like to feel oneness with the Force. I'd probably just meditate most of the day and commune with the living world, but also help people out when I come across serious wrongdoing.

Miraluka jedi or a smuggler/mechanic

You don't really understand the Daoist influence in the Force then. The Dark Side is inherently imbalanced, the Light Side is balance and being one with the will of the universe. The shitty policies/culture of the Jedi has nothing to do with the Light Side, it has to do with people. There's a reason those shitty policies lead to the Dark Side for so many. Because being wrong and crappy is the Dark Side. The Jedi are a bad organization in modern times, but the Light Side is still the truly balanced way.

In fact, I prefer to avoid the term Light Side. There is the Force, and the Dark Side. The Dark Side is inherently wrong, where as the Force is inherently right.

I've never liked that 'middle way' stuff. The movies pretty explicitly show that people with force sensitivity are pretty actively corrupted by negative emotions and so need to try to avoid them. While there are positive emotions the Jedi embrace a (pretty untennable) philosophy of trying to avoid emotional attachment because of how easily it can become a negative thing.

And the Jedi and Sith are followers of the Light and Dark respectively, but they aren't the be-all and end-all of the Light and Dark, so the failings of the Jedi aren't a great argument against the light side.

itt 200kg neckbeards that wants to be sith.
pic related, way too much of you guys ruinning conventions.

I'd be a fucking dude getting his shit pushed in by the empire and the republic intermittently. Obviously. This is a shit question. No one would be here if they were special snowflakes.

Do the original trilogy ever refer to the 'Light Side'? I'm trying to think if they do and I can't remember it. The Force Awakens has a reference to "I feel the pull of the light" or some shit, but I don't think the original trilogy does.

Honestly all of us would just be the same Joe schmos, just in space.
But for fun
I'd just be a farmer on some tropical planet growing insane alien pepper hybrids.

I'd be force sensitive, probably human (Corellian, most likely) though maybe a Chiss. I would start to become a Jedi but would fail my Padawan initiation test, so instead of that I'd join the Jedi Med-Corps. When I'm old enough I'd ditch that In order to become a star fighter pilot. Clone Wars ends, retire from military early and become an above board freighter pilot trying to find adventure.

Scarif is a planet I'd love to live on, barring the Empire of course. The different planets and their environments was such a great factor for the movie.

Me, exactly as I am, same skills and aptitudes? Joe Schmo wage slave on the fringe, just like everyone else here.

Me, with my desires realized? Mechanic on a trader ship who builds and maintains droid buddies in my spare time.

Uh... I'd probably be like... a cargo ship pilot or something.

I think anyone saying they'll be force sensitive or sith is probably right, idgaf

I probably die within the first five minutes.

Either that, or I'm that one guy who wakes up as a Droid.

Specifically, a Seperatist battle droid.

Right at the part of the battle of Naboo where the Gungans start winning.

Sith, quick and easy path, get rich quick, hide out on a bustling city-world like nar shadaa where even force users can't track me down.

I guess I'll be an Y-wing or Tie bomber pilot.

OP here. This is one of the reasons why I thought up this thread: I wanted people to consider themselves, and then imagine themselves in a universe where both their good and bad traits could manifest, whether it's mundanity vs. adventure, or anger vs. compassion, etc. It's kind of a twisted "wish spell", where the DM gives you the opportunity to live in this fun and interesting place, but you have to live with yourself as you are.

So....kind of a Fantasy Island, I guess.

Interesting replies. Thanks everyone!

Listen man i know i'm an angry lustful son of a bitch. I wouldn't want to be force sensative cause i know it would fuck me up. Thats why i just wanna be joe smoe and get by same as i do here, but with Xenos pussy. Damn do i want me some Xeno pussy. If i was force sensative i know i would just go off the deep end, and i don't want that for myself. I think the jedi are wrong, but the sith are just batshit most of the time.

I'd be one of those unimportant, incompetent sycophantic imperial officers.

>What sort of person would YOU be in the Star Wars universe?
A scruffy looking nerf herder.

Probably human.

Force Sensitivity, I guess, but no training.

No Jedi.

The latter.

A computer master. A big nerd who loves Holonet shit and is really good at finding information "online" and tinkering with machines. Not much else.

seconded for xeno pussy. Id def go down on a togruta, echani, or twi'lek after facefucking them unconscious.

Being involved in dangerous things or having an eventful life is a lot less appealing when you could actually permanently die

Arkanis was the really rainy planet, right? I'd feel right at home there. Farming nerfs and bantha

>Stay human
>Enlist in Storm Trooper corps. or Imperial Army
>Hit something at some point(preferably an enemy)
>become galaxy famous imperial hero
>???
>profit

> They don't go out of their way to harm those that haven't done then any harm unless necessary.

Palpatine enslaved billions, crushing them for his own benefit.

I would be a storm trooper. Stuck in some shitty ass-end of the universe surrounded by asshole aliens that are rebellion sympathizers because "muh rights" and a bunch of incompetent assholes as my chain of command. I would constantly bitch about why I'd enlisted and not taken some cushy job in the Navy or the Imperial Engineering Corps, while equally bitching about not seeing action like the lucky bastards in the Yavin operation. But damn, I'd be good at my job.

Yep, nothing would change.

Probably just my actual life with a Star Wars paintjob desu. So likely just working odd jobs, smuggling a bit on the side, slicing for fun, and hanging around the cantina with the lads.
If this was the Imperial era I might try to get a job with the Empire and help toast rebel scum.

I would be a regular unassuming medic living in a peacefull planet and minding his business, just like irl.
Perhaps force awareness since I pray and meditate often but certainly no jedi or sith.

I'd probably end up as a human, but being a Togrota would be neat if I got a choice. Occupation would probably be a trader or a bounty hunter, something with my own ship where I can travel and do my own thing with some friends or alone.
I'd probably end up involved in the black market either way.

In all honesty? Probably a corpse.

>become any race
Neti. Shapeshifting jedi tree life. Wield 30 lightsabers at once with my branches, see if I give a fuck.
Live a very long and contemplative life. Help people in need, but try not to get too attached, with a lifespan of 5000+ years it'd just be giving myself too much opportunity to hurt.

Jedi grey Knight master with all the powers of the light and dark side. I'd also be an inexplicably amazing starship pilot, have a sidekick named porkins and I'd fuck every hot twilek in every cantina.

Protocol druid, I got the nickname of C-3PO before I was diagnosed with the Assburgers.

Fug, forgot the picture.

I stay human, from one of the Empires numerous Industrial bases. My ambition is to join the Imperial Navy as a fighter pilot. Odds are I don't have the right temperament for a combat pilot and end up flying cargo shuttles instead. I reckon I could work my way up to piloting something respectable, like a troop transport or a patrol cruiser. I have absolutely no interest in joining the Rebellion or getting involved with criminals. The closest i ever want to come to a Hut world is with an entire fleet of Star Destroyers between us. I live for the satisfaction of bridging the endless gaps between worlds and soaring through imperial skies.

And hey, when I'm in port I might as well head to the nearest bar, I hear that the ladies like a pilot. Usually that pilot isn't transporting surplus low-g waste disposal units, true, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Working on my engineering degree now. Once the basics are done I'm going to move into astronautics and robotics. So I guess I'd still be a student, or maybe an apprentice starship mechanic.

I'll tell you this much for sure: I would go right ahead and buy/build myself a helper droid and promptly disregard all memory wipe guidelines. Having a snarky little metal buddy following me around beeping insults at people would be amazing.

>Protocol druid
You what

Metal druids are needed to navigate the world of Glass,steal and ether-net jungles as well as to communicate with its denizens.

>become a Force-sensitive zeltron slavegirl
>get drafted into the Sith
>trough passion, I gain strength
>passion is a broad concept
>don't kill my master, just dominate him
>Sith order turns into a BDSM cult
>in response, Jedi order becomes free-love hippies
>Anakin is too full of endorphins to obsess over anything, also the Jedi have excellent maternity ward
>Yoda and Palpatine engage in an epic duel to see who can get into who's dark side first
>/d/ saves the Republic

Time to be a force sensitive, say fuck it to all light and dark side bullshit, and gamble.

>Choosing "Force Sensitive"
>Choosing not to get involved and just lay low
I think many of you don't understand how the Star Wars universe works.

"Force Sensitive" means you're going to have disturbing dreams. Visions. You're going to be tempted with weird coincidences. You're going to be visited by other Force Sensitives who "had a vision about you" or something, and you'd better hope it's some swell, cool guy like Qui-Gonn Jinn wanting to give you ADVENTURE and HOT PRINCESSES and SAND, and not Darth Maul hoping to clear the slate of potential rivals by giving you his DUAL LIGHTSABER

Observation: morning Veeky Forums is more creative than evening Veeky Forums. Must be teh coffee.

This.

Face it, force sensitives are nowhere near as common as everybody in this thread and their mothers would hope. Odds are 95% of everyone here is going to be a regular joe schmoe that hates the jedi and empire/republic as much as the next guy.

As for me, working on droids seems pretty neato. with a side of alien poon i think id have myself a happy life.

RIP