Most Uncomfortable Characters

Characters who are uncomfortable/cringy for you to play with or as.

Any.

My friend can be a very frustrating character maker in games. Ran a campaign a few years ago were they tried to submit a character with split personality disorder with 5 different personalities each of which was a different class. Shot that down pretty damn quick. Instead they just made a murder-hobo wizard and decided they had been married to a plot essential NPC the whole time.

i dont like playing as halflings, dwarves, gnomes, or any other small races/creatures when choosing a race for myself

But Dwarves are Medium.

Elf Priest of Myrkul who would wear other people's clothing so he could escape his god's notice.

If you've ever seen the anime Those Who Hunt Elves, it was like a Silence of the Lambs version of that.

but they are still short

That actually sounds pretty fun.

Had a guy in a few campaigns that always played the cringiest character. Every time.

Female, know-it-all "battle priest"... with war dogs. Every. Fucking. Time.

Furries.

I hate when one of my friends plays a spellcaster class because he always ends up trying to run away from the party the moment he starts to take some punches

On another note, one time when playing champions my friend, the GM, wanted us to have our powers randomized so that it was more "realistic" as to what our lot was in life. I got some shitty healing ability, and god I hated playing healer. Still do hate playing healer. I actively avoid playing healer.

Wizards.

I thought they were cool, but then I realized I didn't know a single thing about them.

When I tried making a wizard character I was completely baffled trying to think of a backstory for him.

JUST

I dislike playing pure casters, because I find using magic as a crutch/for everything makes it a lot less special. I like playing druids and clerics because they can sort of be helpful without magic if built right, Paladin and Ranger are my top two classes.

Same here. I'm pretty tall IRL and for some reason, playing short people is one of my biggest RP challenges.

>tfw 5'7", usually play humans or halflings
>tfw lanklets can't into hobbitmode
your loss lads

I'd play a dwarf, but I'm really on the fence about all the hypermasculinity belching muh honoru wank that dwarves are surrounded by, if you follow. I'd also go halfling if I ever decided to play a thief, but that's also an iffy one for me.

>lanklet
I wish. 6'5, 225, Christmas has been unkind to my cut.

>I'd play a dwarf, but I'm really on the fence about all the hypermasculinity belching muh honoru wank that dwarves are surrounded by, if you follow.
Oh yeah, I definitely feel you on that. Boring shit.
>spoiler
Sorry for your lots, I feel you on that one man. Wish I were a real hobbit so I could eat all the chocolate I wanted without starting to look like Bombur, but alas.

I have a player that can never be anything basic, he had to play a Samurai during our very first game, then he had to be some kind of complicated Monkey Man warlock, and most recently he was a Warforged Eldrich Knight. Really annoying.

>Tfw when 6'5" lanklet
>Favorite race to play is kobolds
I like pretending to be something that has all the physical power of a rabid 8 year old.
Keep in mind that tall people remember being short, but short people will never know what it's like being tall. also 5'7" isn't all that short.

it's really not that short, but it's still fun to riff on, like how it's kind of a running joke that some of the boards on here will post charts saying that anyone under, say, 6'4" is untermenschen.
I just worry that people take the jokes seriously and develop complexes when they're really just normal heights.
still wish I were a bit taller sometimes, or at least less hairy. I think of myself as being like a hobbit in order to console myself. sage for blogposting

Dude, I play with a friend of mine and people always saw DMing with friend PCs is bad. I never see the issue. Anyways this guy is a living human meme and it fucking sucks. He chose a human/fighter. Cracks jokes every 5 secs, dabs at enemies, teabags dead necromancers and other rewarding enemies. Charisma of 11. In universe everyone is really weirded out by this Tommy Wiseau assholish cunt going around ''Can I get a chicken please it is for mah weife in her home as ah guift.'' That is a joke at charisma 11. I hate it.

I can understand your pain but that sounds like something I'd really enjoy playing next to, if the campaign was the right tone

I fucked up hafway through so set up a time loop dimension travelling robbery to fix things so you might have enjoyed it.

>I like playing Dwarves
>But whenever I play a Dwarf someone always cracks out the short jokes
>Literally every other sentence has to have a short joke, no matter alignment of their character or my own

It makes me glad that I was born tall, but how the fuck do people deal with this?

>randomized abilities
>realistic

Smack your friend for his fallacy.

I've always wanted to play a female character, but I think it might weird out my friends.

And by female character, I don't mean some stupid wank fantasy like a lesbian bard or some nonsense. Just one where her femininity is an actual part of the character, and not me simply checking F as opposed to M and playing them exactly the same.

It can be quite difficult for a man man to engage with femininity in front of an audience. For practice, why not write a short story with a female lead first? You will be able to explore a few facets of the female experience without being 'on the spot' so to speak.

Honestly my current character is right now. I fell victim to my DM's magical realm, and looking for any excuse to get him killed.

Lizardman, in shadowrun

>but how the fuck do people deal with this?
Well I guess for some people this is a shortcoming