Why were they always so disliked?

Why were they always so disliked?

Because they were too awesome. Everyone was jealous.

Damn they were jewish.

Their models were ugly, that's it.

If GW had released pic related instead of FW doing them, I would have dropped all of my shekels on them.

Sumerian, pal. But in a bad way.

I unironically liked the early '90s Chaos Dwarfs

I miss my Chaos Squat army... Maybe one day...

>he doesn't even have enough shekels for FW

Fuck off, /pol/.
Bump for Hashut.

They look like they stepped right out of Third Reich propaganda m8.

Who hated them? I'd have thought people were more likely to just not know them, researching doesn't make much sense if you hate them.

I personally think they were radical, I adore the idea of evil armies using shitty slaves to do the front line fighting while their masters shell the enemy. Even better when the shells are fired from a demon bound to a cannon and the masters ride around on flaming bulls. Plus, Lamassu look kinda dopey but also kinda cool with their Babylon Beards.

Hashut! HASHUT! HASHUT!!!

LACK OF VISIBILITY
NOT RELEASED THE SAME WAY OTHER ARMIES WERE

Their army rules were only published in White Dwarf, and their miniatures range was only available in stores for a few years. They never had a proper army book, and after the 6th edition kicked in, you had to mail order everything, while almost no fluff referred to them, and when their army was updated, it was done by Forge World over the course of several years, and their new army rules are in a (now obsolete) book that's overpriced as fuck and not even dedicated primarily to them.

When your average fuck got into a GW store, he was either unable to find the rules to play the miniatures, or simply found neither miniatures nor rules.

But people didn't dislike them.

As a matter of fact, before FW updated them, they had an incredibly strong cult following and several online communities dedicated to them.

STUPID HATS

The updated Chaos Dwarf fluff in Tamurkhan was pretty fantastic, desu

No, it's just you've gobbled up tons of stormfag propaganda, so that's all you thought of, rather than recognizing their actual Sumerian roots.

I remember people being a bit eh towards them back in the 90s. Whether that was down to the pseudo-Babylonian thing or not, I have no idea.

I believe most of GW´s teams and releases starts with one lone nerd down in the basement of GW headquarter. This one simply slipped through and made it to the printing press.

Now they keep all this, because GW teams are like rock stars. They will always gather a fan factory, that will rant and rave on how mistreated their special snowflake is by GW (like SoB players for instance).
Now, 15 years later, they make a comeback, and BAM, popularity is granted through sheer nostalgia factor!

like squats, its really difficult to rationalize gw thinking sometimes...

up until recently, GW's always designed armies and miniatures by following thematic reasoning (now it's copyright law)
Mesopotamia is the place where chaos was first properly defined as a mythological/mystical concept, so it makes thematic sense for a race of chaos-worshippers to be based on mesopotamia, for example. It also gives them a stonger identity than just making them "small chaos warriors with siege engine" which is what they were in 3rd edition.

its literally Armybook : Israel

if they were grimdark like those out from a few year ago it would have been a major faction

I actually think that's very cool. Though mostly because i like kind of impratical medieval/renaissance weaponry, but which work pretty well in-universe.
Like the Hellfire Rocket Battery. I can only imagine the crazy bullshit Chaos Dwarfs would get up to.
"Here you go, slaves. Hold this and run at the enemy, don't mind the ticking or the moaning voices."

Babylon! How hard is it for someone with enough brains to play a wargame to know Mesopotamian history.

Unless it's just memes

>before FW updated them, they had an incredibly strong cult following and several online communities dedicated to them.

and then ?Also 50 people spread over 3 forum isnt an incredibly strong cult.

You are being really anal about this user.

No, he's not. There's nothing Jewish about Chaos Dwarves other than large noses and dark hair.

Pic related is Babylon. (probably 300 hours playing them) but...

Op's pic (and their general GW's art/fluff) just SCREAMS jew and Isreal.

They were also basically always called te jew army and never "chaos dwarf" where i live>
If pic related was the goal, they messed up a LOT, so much that it became jew anyway.

It's like you post a photo of an Hamburger and argue its a cheesecake.

God bless forgeworld tho (and the proof they weren't supposed to be babylonian in the slightest)

The thing that annoyed me about the Legion of Azgorh list is that it wasn't representative of the average Chaos Dwarf force. Infernal Guard aren't the basic Chaos Dwarf warrior type, they're explicitly mentioned to be a small warrior-cult that so happened to make up the numbers for the fortress in question they were talking about. It's autistic but it makes it hard to feel like an actual Chaos Dwarf army rather than a specific variant.

they look goofy as fuck

You're just taking the piss now, aren't you?

the tragedy being that with the meso angle they had actually created a race that finally stood well outside of the usual tolkienesque tropes...
and then they simply dumped them because ?????
bewildering

Welcome to Veeky Forums, where pretending to be a Jew-obsessed neo nazi is the coolest, most outrageously subversive and most original thing ever, everyone does it!

same here user
at least the chaos dwarves and squats allowed for some fun and inventive gear and models
somewhere along the line it seems gw had a fun bypass operation !

You could argue that they respected them enough to not ruin them by forcing themselves to keep them as a supported army or just officially folding them into the hordes of chaos armybook.

in honour of the chaos dwarves and squats i shall sacrifice the WD gift card "grombrindal"

NEIME_FJIYR_Q5GYI

and discount

G4L9Y_RVTLA_VDMX0

squatted but not forgotten!

they weren't disliked
they just weren't very well liked

Niche look, limited release, themes overlapping with the regular dwarves. Not many people played them because of that, which is why they never really got any further updates beyond the token rules support through 6th edition.

My dad had an entire army of them and a swarm of hobgoblins. Must have been nearly 3000 points (by 5th edition counting) with the war machines, special characters and lamassu.

I had Dogs of War. So that turned out well for us.

Golden Demon-winning CD army in White Dwarf 191

Noone hated them.

They were absolute filth to play against though, real cheesy bastards

Did you break into the 1%?

>all these weird assumptions
You don't have to be an anti-Semite to think something looks like an anti-Semitic caricature. I'm not saying GW did it on purpose. I know they were going for the Babylon look but I think they missed the mark. There's no reason to get so rump roasted. Honestly, Veeky Forums shouts /pol/ at everything now, it's fucking ridiculous.

I always thought Chaos Dwarves were loved by the community, just hated by GW.

I dont think they are jewish caricatures.
For me they are more like arabian simple designs that use stereotypey to design them to look like babylonian.

Me too.
Never saw hate but praising their originality.

>I dont think they are jewish caricatures.
I don't think they are either. I just thought their design was similar to some unflattering depictions. was my only post and in response I got called a stormfaggot. I'm pretty sick of kneejerk
>go back to
posts.

Chaos Dwarfs were always the best dwarfs, i always loved the ziggurat building, magic using mad scientist angle they had going on, they were like an entire race of Saruman's with great Babylonian beards and asthetics.

I also really liked all the extra things they brought along, like their centaurs, lamassu and hobgoblins.

I don't think they were ever properly disliked, but at a time when Warhammer was exploding with content for every army under the sun they just kinda fell out of view and were considered too niche to bother stocking.

I'd love to play a Chaos Dwarf army sometime,but fuck they're expensive in the aftermarket, so instead i play with their Blood Bowl team instead.

They only look Jewish if you're some tard who never took a world history class.

I never said they look Jewish.

>similar

You said it was right out of Nazi propaganda which is so self evidently absurd people are obviously going to assume you are trolling or predisposed to that viewpoint.

>funny hats
>curly hair
>hooked noses
>demonic features
I was exaggerating a bit for comic effect but I still think they'd fit right in with 19th century racial cartoons. Sort of a silly thing to derail a thread about.

Their hats looked dumb as fuck.

You think they are niche for Fantasy? Try doing models for Blood Bowl.

1) the silly hats the pharisees wore in Jesus Christ Superstar! is what they're misremembering
3) dwarves = jews in LOTR

People where mad jelly of their hats

>I was exaggerating a bit for comic effect
Well you failed.

And that list is common to unflattering Middle-Eastern caricatures, it's not exclusive to Jews.

I find their fluff very interesting.

Lots of stuff from east of the Worlds Edge could have done with expanding, its partly why I liked Ogres so much when they got an army book.

Were the Gnoblar supposed to be Goblins or Halfings?

these two

They are a cousin of the goblins sans 6th ed book

>Their models were ugly, that's it.

Pretty much all the models of the time were ugly.
Like the current models, except not as fragile or over-designed.

Babylonian Jews?

You have to go back. You have to fuck off to /pol/ you fucking autist.

You do realize Sumerians were Semitic, right?