Warmachine/Hordes General - /wmhg/

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/December2016/WMH-Errata-January-2017.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

First for Jason Soles.

MADE NEW THREAD BECAUSE OLD ONE WAS AUTOSAGING OFF THE BOARD AND I WANTED A QUESTION OR 3 ANSWERED.

I know of the light Cryx jacks like the deathripper, canker worm, and similar.

are there any other good-looking jacks in that size-range?

what are your opinions on the sexiest jacks in the game in light or heavy?

any light or heavy Jacks that look like good WEAPONS, but not actually EVIL?

what about EVIL LOOKING ONES?(aside from cryx, I know about those, mostly)

are there any stat-blocks for the war-jacks in D&D(any edition) and if so, where are they?
:::
::
:
::
:::
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM ASKING.
I'm running an RPG(D&D 3.5e, shut up I'll upgrade after this one) campaign soonish and there may or may not be a construct manufacturer who goes crazy and builds or starts to build an army.

WarJacks are usually designed to be quite attractive visually, and I want a few pretty pictures to show the party or use to describe the constructs.

warjacks are also very diverse in armament and function

if the party lets any one of a couple specific BBEGs escape they'll look like Cryx 'Jacks.

but if the party is thorough and/or careful they'll have a different look.

can you help me guys?

I'm not sure I understand your specifications. Can you explain better what you are looking for?

Also warmachine started as a 3.5 setting. Look up the old books and you'd get all the stats you need. You could probably find them in the pastebin in the OP

Ideally I want visually striking, small/Light warjacks. in a couple of aesthetics.

something a fantasy NPC could look at and say with certainty and think "yup, thats probably going to kill me"

the Cryx jacks are striking in appearance, but they have a very necromancer-y feel...I want stuff thats sinister looking without skulls or components made of bone.

smaller jacks because I want a D&D party to be capable of killing them.

I also want to see what Veeky Forums thinks is a "sexy looking" jack just because it's a fun to learn other peoples opinions sometimes

...like, seriously?

>old books
3.5 books, or warmachine books?

Are Bloat Thralls good now?

Can you rank Retribution casters/jacks/units/solos by tier-lever for a noob like me?

If you're shit, ranks are irrelevant.

Can you rank em, please? I`m trying my best to git gud.

If you wanna get good, YOU rank them.

Errr, okay.
Warcasters:
Good tier:
Ossyan, Issyria, Khalesie.
Medium tier:
Dude on a horse, Chick from mk3 starter?
Low tier
Rahn?
Literally Who Tier
The rest

Now explain why. Nigger you ain't gonna get good unless you try and rationalise shit.

he's got a point, though I don't like his method. You dont get better by being spoonfed netlists or even general rankings. Experts arent made that way. Do some research if you've got the cards/rules and, if it helps, math it out based on average rolls and comparisons to other units in the army. You'll find parallels, i'm sure.
Know your shit is essentially what it boils down to, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. study it while on the shitter, if you can make no other time. just put time into it.

Is there anything from the starter set that should be magnetize?

No, nothing in Guild Ball really needs that unless you want the model to be easier to transport.

Epic maymay sir +1 xDDdd

What you're looking for is called the Witchfire Trillogy and the d20 monsternomicon, I think all of them are in the paste bin.

found 2 monster manuals, neither one contains very many 'jacks

lot of flavorful half-mech and full necro undead though. might have to incorporate more necromancy...

>Witchfire Trillogy
I'll look again...

>Bloat Thralls
Not until people start taking blobs of single-wound infantry again, then they will be worth considering

No, in fact they're arguably worse because while the errata didn't change them, Haley2 has the ability to disregard your puny low-RAT blasts even harder than she did before.

Before tabletop was a thing, the Iron Kingdoms RPG used the d20 system in a 3e era. The books are from 2001-2004. The pastebin should have a link to someone's file directory with all the books.

found them already, but I'd still like to hear your opinions on sexiest 'Jacks in the game.

Sexiest like which I want to have sex with the most or which one do I find most aesthetically pleasing?

As for the sex thing, I'm not into big girls, but prefer curves and smooth, pale skin, so probably the Gorgon. You know, if I was forced to choose.

As far as which I think looks the best as a robot of war, the stormclad. I played a lot of Guilty Gear as a kid and Ky Kiske was my far and away favorite. He's influenced a fair number of my preferences. Kinda makes me sad we don't have a decent melee combat light in Cygnar.

>which one do I find most aesthetically pleasing?
this

>I'm not into big girls
I am, and if I want sexable bodies then the warwitch siren, or Skarre of the broken coast. granted, I don't know what the other characters might look like cause Cryx is all I have...

>the stormclad.
I'll look it up

You want Liber Mechankia and the Character Guide.

...damn, I still have to convert the 'jacks to D20...but at least I have a set of guidelines now.

No you fool! You've doomed us all!

I personally love the Khadoran jacks as far as sinister looking, especially the new Grolar. For regular jacks I love some Merc ones, like the old metal Nomad and the Rhulic ones, the Cygnar lightning stuff, and the heavily ornamented Protectorate jacks, like the Avatar, Hand of Judgment, Eye of Truth, and the Indictor

Both of those are 3.5 books.

The meta really discourages using single wound infantry because of how many counters to them there are now. Bloat thralls are ironically only good against Cryx now, because Cryx is the only one taking infantry.

That's really not true. People are using generally more jacks, but everyone I see runs at least a squad or two, barring beast/jack lists with specific casters.

Liber Mechankia even has rules for converting the wargame jack stats to 3.5 stats.

yes, but none of them come with more than a couple of pre-statted jacks...I still have to convert jacks from warmachine into 3.5...

I'll look into those.
for best visuals which should I search as painted minis, and which have better illustrations?

khador is the NOT!Russia yes?

I asked it in the last thread but didn't get any responses, how hard would it be to make a Guildball-esque game with warmahordes minis? I don't feel like getting into guildball if it uses a bunch of the same mechanics, and I'd feel pretty good playing sportsball with my CoC guys

Grind, which is Warmachine sports, is supposed to have rules dropping soon-ish. That might be your best bet.

man, I wish I lived in america. I'd love to get a Grindball for subscribing to the magazine, I was planning on subscribing now that they've got all the mini gametypes coming out

>man, I wish I lived in america.

Tell me about it. PP just don't really seem to care if you live outside the US. I don't even want to think about how much it's going to cost to have cards shipped overseas when they stop appearing inside boxes and blisters.

Asking again because old thread is gone. Any sign of the new troll book PDF?

>I don't even want to think about how much it's going to cost to have cards shipped overseas when they stop appearing inside boxes and blisters.
The new cards are going to be free to print. You just put the PDF's on a thumbdrive and go to a copy shop in your town. Shipping is no longer an issue. This is actually a substantial improvement for players outside the US.

>Can you rank Retribution casters/jacks/units/solos by tier-lever for a noob like me?

This is basically it. We can sit here and rank models all day, but reading it won't do a new player any good. Here's tiers for you that actually matter:

Top Tier - the models you've practiced with a whole hell of a lot.
Middle Tier - the models you've only played but not really focused time on mastering.
Bottom Tier - the models you've spent little or no time playing.

That's not hyperbole. As a newb, just pick models you like the look of and get them on the table. Get them on the table A LOT. Play the hell out of them. Don't change up your list until you can say you're at least at a "journeyman" level with every model in it. Your skill as a player is the cake, and your list is just icing.

>kaelyssa
>better than Helena

Wat

None yet that I've seen man

I'm looking into Gators as a second army. From what I understand they're not as good as Hogs right now but I don't really care about that.

Is any caster besides Rask worth looking in to?

Did Thagrosh2 get fucked in MKIII? Nobody plays him anymore.

Nobody played him in Mk2 either.

Are free strikes optional?

There are quite a few lists with him before. But virtually none in MK3

>can
not must

Gonna bump.

Also wondering how to expand the Cryx. I'm happier with cool and playable over boring and unbeatable.

Do you have Venethrax? He seems super cool
counter charging Erebus is dirty tech

Gators are overall at least as good as pigs, they have better beasts and can use the pig infantry in many cases better than the pigs can.

There is a reason that minion tournament pairings have been 'rask plus your other caster' since rask was released. At the last etc there were 12 minion players and 11 rasks, and that was only because two of the minion players were on the same team.

I literally only have the 2 player box. I'm pretty new.

Red pill me on Privateers

any one got no quarter 69 pdf? My game store seems to only get 2 copys of the mag and they get bought up before I know they are out.

Heya there folks, today was my first time using Kodiaks.

First game they didn't do anything, because I tried to flank with them.
Second game, I managed to charge one of my opponents's light jacks, combo-throw it next to his caster and got my Rifle Corps to finish him off for a turn 2 win.

Me too, the players are shit there too.

Would be great to get free wins.

any think in particular you wanna see from it??

I got it for Christmas, but it's not super interesting, but I'm a fruit who likes buying lame nerd books

The painting content really, that's one of the reasons I'm thinking of picking it up for. That and Madrak3 & Seakings fluff

What's really weird with the troll blood command book is it doesn't even have a stat page for all the units.

I know you can get all that shit off warroom, but I'd at least want it all in a book if I buy one.

check out Venny then. he plays Jacks well, and has a ton of depth. Plus he's a giant Skeltal Knight.

As far as what needs to be magnetized in the starter set- not a lot. The Slayer-Chassis jacks are the Slayer, the Reaper, and the Corruptor. You should have a Slayer and a Reaper, and doubling up is not really necessary unless you have a specific list in mind. The Corruptor was one of our worst jacks in MK 2 and while it's dramatically improved, I have yet to see anyone take one in a list. It just feels too confused about what it wants to do. The damn thing doesn't know if it's an arc node, a ranged blaster, or a melee jack and it suffers for the versatility of being able to do all of those things at mediocre efficiency.

Stuff to pick up for Cryx when you have the 2 player box-

If you want more jacks, the best non-character jacks we have are likely to be found in the Seether/Inflictor kit. The Seether is a melee monster, and hits exceptionally hard. It's focus efficient because it charges for free, and it's base P+S of 17 puts it at a higher level than most other jacks in the faction. the Inflictor is more durable, and as one of the only models in the faction with the ability Shield Guard, it lets your more squishy models actually make it to melee by taking bullets for them. The Inflictor combos well with Agathea as well due to having an already decent armor score that she can improve to be very un-Cryx-like.

Some solos could be a pretty cool option for expansion. Warwitch sirens are really nifty multi-use support pieces, and arguably one of our best options. Unlike the Corruptor mentioned above, they're really versatile and skilled at what they do. Soul Trappers are nice 1-point options for when you have small holes in your list and need a cheap option to fill them.

As far as units go, a lot of Cryx players would argue that Satyxis (either Satyxis Raiders with their UA or Satyxis Bloodwitches) are our best infantry. I'd be inclined to agree with them. They're some of our only infantry that make it to melee without being shot off the table.

well, here is the seaking and madrak3 pages

painting stuff was kinda lacking. most of it was stuff from the primal rule book, with 3 paint schemes and a few pages of models probably from no quarter contests

When was the most recent WHAC update?

Also if you enjoy the Bane Warriors from the starter set, you could always pick up either Bane Lord Tartarus, their UA (which as of the most recent errata now grants them Tough- making it actually worth considering), or both.

When do we get free PDFs of the cards?

Awesome. Thanks for the info! I'll save this info for when I decide to purchase further. Ideally, I'd like to get a JML started.

I was looking at the Satyxis, and they look pretty cool. Likewise, Skaar looks cool, too. I figured my next caster would her or one of the Denegrahs.

Wait wait wait, I've been out of the loop due to finals and Xmas madness - Banez got Tough again?

yea, with officer

I don't know a lot about Skarre (either 1 or 2) in MK 3 other than both of them took some pretty big nerfs. They'll be alright though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Despite taking some minor nerfs, Deneghra 1 is still the best caster in Cryx (or if one is feeling argumentative, widely considered to be one of the best). She can be incredibly punishing to play against, but she's a bit of a 'turd polisher'. You can take damn near anything you want with Deneghra 1 and she can make it work. If it's not good with her, it's not good with anyone.

Deneghra 2 took a series of HUMONGOUS nerfs and by my own reckoning, is pretty bad now (other players may disagree, but those are my thoughts).

Deneghra 3 is a big expensive battle-engine caster. If you don't mind the price tag, the headache of assembling her, and the headache of transporting such a large model, she's possibly the most balanced of the 3.

Calandra2?

Abby2 just ends up doing what he wants to do but better.

They're fun as fuck. Lots of cheap unique units to make your Sea Dogs/Press Gangers kick even more ass. Pick up First Mate Hawke, Bosun Grogspar and Lord Rockbottom for sure

Yeah, but she doesn't look as cool.

>Deneghra 1 is still the best caster in Cryx
She does almost nothing to deal with shooting, which is the big bugbear of Mk3. And she's still got her traditional weakness to spell denial, since aside from her Feat her kit almost entirely revolves around landing offensive upkeeps on important things.

She's built for a meta that largely doesn't exist right now. She's still good in spite of that, but calling her the best caster in faction is going to set unrealistic expectations.

But infantry sucks in this edition.

There's a caveat that the 'best caster' title is opinion. She has weaknesses, but for a more casual meta with a lot of variety, and that isn't so heavily skewed towards gunlines, I think it's fair to say that Deneghra 1 is a powerful choice.

At the very least, I think you wouldn't be able to say she is bad.

Damn shame about Deneghra 2 though...

>First game they didn't do anything, because I tried to flank with them
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't know why Khador players look at the speed value and say "yep, flanking unit." Usually I put Khador jacks in the center 18 of the board. Any where in there is good and will keep them in the fight and most scenario game.

Nice get

I blame 40k

quints for truth.

I'm a Circle player, and I like playing beast-smash with Kaya2 (soon 3) and Kromac2. I don't play Una and the KFC 10pc bucket. I don't play the fucking tree. And I would kick ass far more often with Kaya/Kromac than either of those two.

I'd argue that Coven is competitive with Denny1 and straight up better into the current meta. But "Denny1 is one of the best casters in Cryx" is undebatable.

Kind of true. Everything starts up further, everything has a gun, everything moves faster. I also see players with 40k background doing this too.

Oh look, someone who has no idea what they're talking about. Infantry is fine, and many Top tier threats are still infantry spam lists. The only Casters who don't have an infantry core are Amon and Karchev. Irusk was playing a point down before the Behemoth point increase just so he didn't have to take more jacks.

Looking to come back and I used to play almost exclusively Talion Charter and was starting some pigs n gators before I had to quit for awhile. Did they make the piratey jacks like the Mariner any better in MK3?

Despite me having painted an entire 75 point army over christmas, I can't rest just yet. The forges of the motherland never rest.

I just wanted to know how and if it would work out. First game with my Irusk 2 list and I felt a little constricted with deployment space, since I am running two max units Winter Guard.

That's something of a built-in limitation on infantry spam, and one of the things that you get better at with practice.

Let me tell you, cramming 28 models into my 10" tough bubble is not easy.

My friend, who's playing Cephalyx struggles with deployment too. At least sometimes; The 4 Heavies Cyphon list is a lot easier to manage than the 5 max units Thexus list.

You don't need to have them in your bubble at all times. Just when they're gonna be taking hits. I used to play Irusk2 also. If you're using Winterguard you can use joe to tough them also.

So I've inherited some Cryx from a friend of mine who left the country. It's not really quite a list either, but it seems to have some ok stuff in it:

Metal Cryx starter box with a broken Denny (most of her spikes have broken off and are lost)
Deathjack
Skarlock Thrall
Tartarus

The closest things I have to infantry is a min unit of Boomhowlers and a min unit of Croe's back from when I dabbled in mercs.

What would it take to give me a decent list out of this?

What a general ranking look like for trollblood warlocks?
I have no experience with any of them

Doomy tier: doomy, doomy3
Not doomy tier: all the rest

even Doom doesn't really stand out that much when most other factions have a Problematic WarCaster

I haven't ran madrak2 since the nerf, but he was my go to for a long while. Still like taking Calandra if I bringing a bunch of warbeasts. Don't really know how good people think they are, most other trolls I see run a doom.

Well, it's good to know that my choices are more than playable because usually the opposite is true. I think I like Den1 more anyway, at least in looks, but Den3 is pretty sweet.

Madrak2 is still good. His feat is just "all of opponent's infantry dies" instead of "opponent loses game".

Which of the troll ranged units are worth taking? they all seem very similar.

I don't have a single one, can they stand on their own without a ranged support warlock?

I'm leaning towards the pummeler and the bushwackers with ua, but this is purely because I like their models and like running artillery in my dwarves list.

>WarJacks are usually designed to be quite attractive visually
Tiny legs, pal. Those wont make anything look good.

Depends on caster and rest of army comp.

I would say the safest bet is fire eaters

The rest, it depends on army comp and caster.

I can't comment on quality of sluggers or pummeler since one just got buffed slightly and other just released.