What do you mean, golems can't reproduce?

What do you mean, golems can't reproduce?
Mine just got her egg apparently.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XZy2Ia0ke0
youtu.be/Wz2IFuUjma8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those are stones, not eggs.

>Pokemon is named Golem
>Several gens later, literal legendary golems pop up
>Another two gens later, pokemon directly based on the Prague Golem pops up

Do people in the Pokémon universe eat Pokémon? They're like animals right?

There's always Slowpoke tails from G/S/C, although those were considered an immoral thing to have.

And there was the episode in the show where Team Rocket wanted to eat a Magikarp.

I think there's other examples, but apparently some are for eats. It's unclear where the line is drawn.

There are some Pokemon which are eaten.The problem is because they are so valuable and difficult to actually kill its a rare thing.Pokemon eat each other all the time time though and its made very clear that a lot of them are predators or prey

youtube.com/watch?v=9XZy2Ia0ke0

Except in Alola where it's a "delicacy"

>and difficult to actually kill
Why? Guns are a thing in that universe.

Are they the most closeted vegans in existance?
Fucking farms exist in real life. Why would farming a Turos or something be any different then a a fucking Angus Cow?

Oddish is like the vegan worst nightmare.
It's both a vegetable and an animal

Well, that depends. Do animals that aren't pokemon exist in the setting? We know that pokemon eat each other, so humans must do to a degree unless they're all vegetarians. Even then, there'd be a point in their evolutionary history where they would've hunted and eaten pokemon.

I'm picturing a gang of hunter gatherers trying to take down a Kangaskhan.

Liam isn't, he hunts with his father and grew up innawoods. Also only Woolie is iffy on eating intelligent animal friends in that video.

The near-human intelligence and the fact the power of friendship with your pocket monsters being one of the cornerstones of the series is the real issue when people talk about eating pokemon and why it might be weird

Since there's no other animals shown it's reasonable to assume they're being eaten by humans, but at the same time if there actually were just ranches with normal cows or whatever in the pokemon world it's not like the games would ever have a reason to take the time to show it to us. For argument's sake you could probably name quite a few games in general with that don't feature any animals that are still implied to have them

has anyone tried to do a campaign where pokemon live alongside the other fantasy races?
Would dwarves only train metal, ground and rock types?
Would elves chill with grass and fairy types?

The bigger issue is how did humans manage to become the dominant species (or even survive in the first place) when all these superpowered creature species exist? If anything the pokemon would have eaten them.

You'd think one of the more human-like psychic pokemon species would have taken their place in the world, who combine super intellect with magical powers.

people drink milktank milk right?

It's not that far of a leap to eat milktank meat.. right?

Alot of pokemon would be able to shrug off gunfire easily. Also, how the fuck did people get to the development of guns without being wiped out in pre-history?

They didn't, that's a plot point. Pokemon were on an equal footing with humans for the longest time, until pokegod came down and told them to work under humans to help keep their power in check. or some shit like that.

... how did humans get to be the dominant species?
Pokemon reproduce via eggs which can be hatched every.. half hour or so?
The monsters have pokerus which is a viral infection that increases the monsters stat growth (although they become immune to it after)
There are pokemon who can selfdestruct and only faint..

People vs. pokemon is a very onesided battle. And I for one would like to greet our new pokeoverlords

For the same reason we were able to fuck everything else up on a planet that has the godless killing machines that are bears and tigers.

youtu.be/Wz2IFuUjma8

Bears and tigers aren't as intelligent or powerful as most pokemon

Apricots could be used as capture devices.
Before that? Same as IRL, staying out of the way and eating dead things

>Pokemon were on an equal footing with humans for the longest time
But that's wrong.
Humans shouldn't have been equals to pokemon in the first place.

Are pokemon really that smart though? Pikachu is pretty clever but he's still kind of retarded. Plus, no opposable thumbs.

Pokemon breeding in the games is so outright inconsistent with everything else that it's easier to just assume it's a pure video game convenience and doesn't really work like that. There's always been the vague concept that pokemon who work with a trainer are generally significantly stronger, but it's pretty questionable why some of the smarter ones couldn't have been just as viable for a relationship like that before humans were rocking pokeballs. Really though it's a video game first and logically consistent second. For example I'm pretty sure the first game implied that pokemon were a recent phenomenon with the museum, while every game after that has ancient pokemon that everyone knows about

moomoo milk.
Just one sip and you’ll be hooked.
The milk is so mellow, yet rich, that it’ll
make you wish your mother were a Miltank.
-Pokemon Sun and Moon

mewtwos pretty smart.
Alakazams have an IQ of 5k, I'd say that most psychic types are pretty smart. At least regular human level.
The ghost types also seemed sorta smart.. although they mostly want to have fun.

And since at least two pokemon have learned how to speak human (Meowth and Slowking) I*d say that we are screwed if they decide to go against us

you see that?
Moomoo milk is natures crack!

>it's pretty questionable why some of the smarter ones couldn't have been just as viable for a relationship
Are there any canonical examples of trainers dating a pokemon?

>pokemon were a recent phenomenon with the museum
But that same museum had fossils of extinct pokemon that existed before humanity

>no opposable thumbs.
DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?

They were allowed to be, not that they earned it. I think it's a fluff piece in the X&Y games

We do have guns...

Even the first game had ancient pokemon, the fossils you could bring to a scientist to revive into extinct pokemon?

Fucking Alolan savages.

Tamed mons. Guns are an attempt to do without.

Also maybe all the uber-destructiony pokemons have evolved (in the sense closer to REAL evolution) gradually too.

Guns aren't much use against someone that can block bullets with their mind.

Or gigantic walking boulders.

There was a book in Platinum that said something kind of along those lines referring to the past. I haven't watched the anime since I was like 10 during the first season, but I'm pretty sure that it would largely be looked at the same way as fucking a dog

Gunshot is a priority move

my answer

>Or gigantic walking boulders.

Well not really, plant mons move around and show sentience so they're clearly not for eats.

>but I'm pretty sure that it would largely be looked at the same way as fucking a dog
I can understand that reaction to someone trying to stick their dick in their Rattata, but it doesn't seem right when it comes to the humanoid pokemon that are even smarter than people and can sometimes even communicate telepathically.

but then what about Tropius? It grows bananas around its neck which can be eaten

"Tropius, the Fruit Pokémon. The fruit that grows around its neck is sweet and popular with children. It flies by flapping the large leaves on its body."

>Or gigantic walking boulders.
But Steel type is super effective against Rock

Seems like even that would struggle to pierce the hide of a steelix

It's kind of a catch 22. Either you're fucking a dog or you're keeping an intelligent creature as a slave (and fucking it). Either way I wouldn't bring her home to meet your parents

Bullets aren't made out of steel

>Bulletproof is an ability

The reason people are able to live as top dogs are: 1. Super strong pokémon that are actually dangerous are either very rare in the wild, or live far away from people. 2. Wild Pokémon are dumb as shit, and it is stated in several of the games that trained mons shit on wild ones. 3. Power of Friendship bs, both pokémon and people live better lives in conjunction with each other, people develop shit like Pokémon Centers and Rare Candies, while Pokémon provide protection and companionship.

>what is steel jacketed rounds

They probably have same stance on them as shearing sheep or milking cows - industrial farm full of tropiuses in pens would be making animals suffer and thus no good.

Do you think every metal Pokémon is made out of literal steel?

The strongest pokemon tend to only really reach that point with a trainer. A lot of fully evolved ones don't appear in the wild

well just like in our world there is industrial and.. erm.. freeranged? Is that the right word?
LiIke tons of sheep just running around and having a blast and then getting sheered once the wool gets too thick and whatnot

>1. Super strong pokémon that are actually dangerous are either very rare in the wild, or live far away from people.
Yeah, that's how I would define things.

Level progression from town to town in specific order is videogame shit and is thus discarded.
I would give areas of wilderness with badder mons, with some forward bases of humanity (i.e. Victory Road is a testament to Elite Four's might and the power of the challengers that they managed to build up in that area.)

Free range, yeah.
Although by that point there's variance from vegan to vegan, i.e. whether free range is cool or if not even that.

We have guns but if a lot of the stuff in the pokedex and other related lore is to be believed, guns would not be able to do a whole hell of a lot against at least half of the dex.

This based on their entries, what theyre made out of, and the kind of attacks theyre able to withstand in the games and anime and how those moves relate to the force of a bullet. Youd be wanting to pack AP/HP rounds (depending if youll be against a big tanky mofo or softer faster mofo) as necessity if your plan was to take on Pokemans with a gun, and even then that would only get you so far.

What about if there was superpowered people in the Pokeverse because they were halfbreeds between humans and pokemon?

That's the whole premise on a thing I'm trying to work up.
Hybrids have basically supplanted pures tho, so the question of how do humans manage to be on top becomes irrelevant - they don't.

yeah like Crobatman
or the friendly neighbourhood Ariados-man

Well that sounds like a shitty premise, but there are at least psychic people. There's also the various "Black Belt" trainers that at least claim to do things on par with fighting pokemon

Exactly my point, the user earlier used Mewtwo and Alakazam as examples of Pokémon that are smarter than humans, despite Mewtwo being one-of-a-kind and living in seclusion, and Alakazam only existing with human involvement (trading between trainers).

Trading between different cartridges is a game mechanic though, it doesn't represent an actual in-universe mechanic?

How many dolphin trainers fuck dolphins, or zookeepers fuck chimps?

More than you'd hope, less than you'd expect.

It probably takes way too long to evolve in nature, with the radiation from the trading progress causing it to become an inmediate progress

Don't forget that Mewtwo exists because humans created him, so he came around after humans had an established dominance

>Mewtwo being one-of-a-kind
but good old M2 was a clone. and if you can clone something once you are bound to be able to do it again.
Especially if you have a team of alakazam scientists.
It is only a matter of time before there will be an army of mewtwos

Besides: Mewtwo was sorta like a trainer back in his first movie. Is it really that far of a stretch to think that he cloned a bunch of kadabras, got them into his pokeballs and then traded it with some random trainer that he brainwashed?

all

Dolphins are sexy, but at the same time their genitals are too powerful for the human body to withstand.

The males ejaculate with the force of shotguns and the females grip so tight they will rip the skin off your dick

I think the situation would be a little different with gardevoirs.

If there were a concept behind the trade evolutions to use outside the game I think a reasonable one is "these pokemon have to train under more than one person in order to reach a greater potential".

Spoken like a true breeder

I'd expect very few desu
Leave your magical realm in /vp/, or at least turn it into a more fleshed out setting.

/k/, you're better company than /pol/, but how in the fuck are you going to kill an Onix, much less a Steelix with bullets?

Watergun

Because humans and Pokemon share common ancestors - the historical and mythical texts in Gen 4 are explicit about this.

It's why you see human psychics, human aura-users and fire-breathers who are doing it ALL THE DAMN TIME. These are trainers who, through their affinity with their Pokemon or some natural genetic throwback, have inherited aspects of Pokemon typeology.

That is to say, practically speaking, humans are capable of at least some superpowered Pokemon shit, it just takes the right circumstances.

Just bring different tools for different jobs. Basically

You need to stop being so racist user

Go find me a water gun that outputs with the power even banal squirtles had.

You'll need to be gettign closer to a firehose.

Fire-breathers are a thing in real life, so I don't think they are superpowered like the psyks

Considering just how weak those things are to water special attacks you really don't need to match a squirtle. Also if bullets count at steel type technically they'd be super effective against it

I am speciesist and proud.

Bullets are physical tho, and that sucked. Charmander metal clawing wasn't at all more effective than just fucking ember against Brock.

it doesn't have to be a watergun..

>half-ditto
unf

Go play the first couple of hours of Red and Firered again

Bullets tend to hit harder than a cat sized lizard.

Fair point, but I think "automatic fire" has a higher BP than "bullet punch". Either way I think it's more important that there's a fighting chance here at the very least

No, he's right in that Onix has much higher defense than special defense to the point where you're almost better off just using the resisted ember than the super effective metal claw.

Dude, you don't need force when dealing with type effectiveness. There was an episode were Meowth defeated an Onix with a bucket of water.

As a player of a ditto in PMD gijinka ERP, ayuuup.

>Implying that Jessie, James and Meowth don't run off of cartoon physics rather than pokemon physics.

>Personally, I'm convinced that most of the bipedal, suspiciously Humanoid Pokémon like Gardevoir, Lucario, Loppuny, and Jinx, only exist due to someone getting a little too attached to their best friends and Pokémon having a weird ass reproduction system that's compatible with anything inside it's egg group.

Totally, but those guys just never stop! ALL FIRE, ALL THE TIME, MAN!

But.... there is no what if. That's literally exactly true. Again, gen 4's library place explicitly talks about humans and Pokemon marrying/breeding in the distant past. Modern poke-humanity ARE hybrids.

They've admitted to eating Farfetch'd

>cartoon physics
orly user?

Gardevoir is specifically not in the humanoid egg group, but rather in the same one that ghosts and shit like that have. I'm pretty sure they're just a bunch of floating ribbons that look like ladies